+ Add a Comment

yvesabouchar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yvesabouchar

Wouldn't this kind of be like owning a black shirt? Or is it just my computer?

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: Redder Eyed Star-Spawn (resub)

Love the design, it's awesome... but how does it relate to the "red" theme? His eyes?

celia1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celia1
blk909 wrote:I can see the thumbnail, but not the larger shirt photos

SAME HERE

lavenderpoet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lavenderpoet
Re: What's Black and White and Red All Over?

Ahhh... now I get why the newspaper is there. Well played.

taylertot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taylertot

I dig it.

celia1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celia1
Re: Raise a Red Flag

ME TOO, I can see the thumbnail, but not the larger shirt photos

Jessara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara
Re: i will warm you

Immediate psychedic flashback: Arthur Brown the artist, 'Fire' the song. Around 1967? Good shirt, the mental association is mine.

apeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman
yvesabouchar wrote:Wouldn't this kind of be like owning a black shirt? Or is it just my computer?

oooooooo well not completelyyyy... the ink is quite dark, resub with a brighter red?

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Solo Solo

Makes me wanna buddy up with him and hit-up a house party... or turbo cups. Nice concept and execution. +1

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Born from Fire and Ice 2

If you are a demon born from Fire, you'll always be very thirsty. So having a Kool jar of juice near at all times, it's a most!

Resubmission for better Detail Picture

taylertot

I like it because it's simple. It's an actual T-Shirt design. A lot of the things are here are amazing, but I'd never wear them on a T-shirt. This is good.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Born from Fire and Ice

I resubmitted, please vote again on the other one! Thanks!

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
citizencoyote wrote:Love the design, it's awesome... but how does it relate to the "red" theme? His eyes?

Agree. He's super cute but changing his eye color to red doesn't really make it red-themed.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: What's Black and White and Red All Over?

Oh Boots, this is the cutest zebra I ever done saw. What a chubs!

taylertot

Good design!

ApeLad

quality posts: 44 Private Messages ApeLad
midgerock wrote:I dig this and love your cartooned style. the coloring on this one looks great with burnt orange against the red. +1

Thanks! The digging's mutual!

collinvh

Re: Red Rain

Love the song & love the design! +1
Note: I'm also sending you a Private Message

yoniw18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yoniw18
Re: are you effing serious? True Red

InkWiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InkWiz
Re: The Wolf VS The Girl

Changed it up some, I hope you all like it.

LrgImg:http://www.flickr.com/photos/35795076@N05/5818940145/sizes/l/in/photostream/

http://threadless.com/submission/323515/Blue_Books_Of_Sorrow

ApeLad

Re: Cardinal

Nice! I bet this will do well in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia (where the Cardinal is the state bird).

kevincrimi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevincrimi
Lish64 wrote:A little bit about the Red Panda:

The Red Panda population is estimated to be less than 10,000. They are close to becoming an endangered species. Even with protection their numbers are still falling due to deforestation and illegal poaching.

Check out my Derby Shirt!

collinvh

Re: Pure EVIL

Very nice idea.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

People say I'm the life of the party, 'cause I tell a joke or two.

Although I might be laughing loud and hearty, deep inside I'm blue.

drkara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drkara
Re: fiesta

lets have a dino-party

jmmbell1987

ApeLad wrote:Nice! I bet this will do well in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia (where the Cardinal is the state bird).

Not to mention Missouri and Arizona (for sports reasons).

jmmbell1987

I have to agree with Travisdoesmath. I think it's very generous to say Ackbar is red. He's brown with some orange thrown in there. I'd say burnt orange at best, and not even close to the shade used in this design.

That he's kinda sorta reddish is the only connection to the theme, and that's a stretch for me even by the wide standards of color-based themes. If this is on theme, someone could take a basketball, make it red with no other context, and call it on theme. Based on the rejections so far, simply taking something that's not necessarily red and making it so is not keeping on theme.

That aside, I'm really, truly weary of "It's a Trap!" as a meme. While this is definitely a clever take on it, it's reached "The Cake is a Lie" levels for me where almost nothing with it has much appeal to me.

Anyway, I have nothing against you or your work, Apelad, and I don't think this is a bad design at all. I just don't think it's on theme.

jmmbell1987

stingray69 wrote:You could say that about most of the designs in this derby. I mean if strawberries were blue, then there wouldn't be anything connecting them to the theme so the fact that strawberries are red is incidental to the design. The fact is Ackbar is red (reddish enough, anyway, I think) and that's why it works in this derby.

On another note, nice touch with the death star there. It may be a Star Wars design, but at least it's not just a cheap reference.

In the blue theme, featuring something blue front and center was enough, and that should be the case here. However, I don't think taking something that's not really red and making him cranberry (which is absolutely not his color) counts.

holothuria

quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:Revenge for what/whom? Entries like this just bring us closer to banning pop culture again.

+1 to this comment. Someone even submitted a Darth Toad right after this one. . . . I don't think anything would be hurt if (at least) a certain video-game franchise and a certain science-fiction franchise were banned.

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

ApeLad

jmmbell1987 wrote:I have to agree with Travisdoesmath. I think it's very generous to say Ackbar is red. He's brown with some orange thrown in there. I'd say burnt orange at best, and not even close to the shade used in this design.

That he's kinda sorta reddish is the only connection to the theme, and that's a stretch for me even by the wide standards of color-based themes.

It's a very, very diverse alien species, color-wise. As I said, there are even blue and grey ones in the ever-expanding canon.

asgoundan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asgoundan
Re: Express Train

gees those are some fat devils.

Lish64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: Firefish

An abstract design based on the Betta Fish.

ApeLad

jmmbell1987 wrote:In the blue theme, featuring something blue front and center was enough, and that should be the case here. However, I don't think taking something that's not really red and making him cranberry (which is absolutely not his color) counts.

This isn't cranberry. Cranberry's the darker color.

jmmbell1987

ApeLad wrote:This isn't cranberry. Cranberry's the darker color.

Ah, my bad. Looks like I need to adjust my monitor.

Anyway, all that aside, I would like to reiterate that this design is much better than the typical Star Wars reference. Ackbar as a hobo is quite funny and pretty charming.

ApeLad

jmmbell1987 wrote:Ah, my bad. Looks like I need to adjust my monitor.

Anyway, all that aside, I would like to reiterate that this design is much better than the typical Star Wars reference. Ackbar as a hobo is quite funny and pretty charming.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

holothuria

quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria
jmmbell1987 wrote:People say I'm the life of the party, 'cause I tell a joke or two.

Although I might be laughing loud and hearty, deep inside I'm blue.

This may be the best pop-culture reference in the derby.

+1 for the shirt, although personally I would've called it "O solo mio."

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: Caught

You might be a bit outside the printable area and some women might not appreciate a hand on the chest area. Otherwise cute interpretation of the theme.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
Re: It Was Them All Along

Awesome! I have a cute bunny too so I'm allowed to like cute bunnies This is adorable and a little evil (kinda like bunnies). The composition is also very pleasing. Well done!

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: 99 Reddish Balloons

Love your style so much!

mattcom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattcom
tgentry wrote:The theme is red and the actual content should tie into red somehow. Just giving any design not even loosely tied to red a red tint won't cut it.

EDIT: If you can convince me this was a red-headed girl wearing a red bikini I might be persuaded. The "red" right now looks like an afterthought.

bu...but you said! "Pink is an acceptable shade of red. " -Tgentry (back in the derby discussion)

i thought...with the pink....I.... I'm so sad now

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Redder Eyed Star-Spawn (resub)

Thanks for the comments guys. It is my understanding that cthulu had red eyes? Would red eyes not be as on theme as many of the other designs?