+ Add a Comment

streetwalkincheetah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetwalkincheetah
Re: Reading Rocket Ship

jagendorf wrote:Love the design but would have preferred a black shirt to blend the background. Still GMV.

Navy would seem the obvious choice since that's the actual background color, but silver it is. Still one of the best designs in this particular derby.

BradleyHartman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BradleyHartman
Re: Roland's Quest

Absolutely love it. Will definately buy this shirt.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: The Owl Brings Me Many Things

Beautiful. The owl is just great.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Illiterate rainbow

Very clever. I will gladly buy one for the wife if this wins. Good luck!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Peter Reader

It looks like he's in your tummy, like Jonah and the whale!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: Peter Reader

Oh look, I swallowed a rabbit whole.
Perhaps without the tunnel it wouldn't look so much like an esophagus and stomach.

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode

trezhurisland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trezhurisland
blanked wrote:Oh look, I swallowed a rabbit whole.
Perhaps without the tunnel it wouldn't look so much like an esophagus and stomach.

Heh, i didnt see that till it was mentioned just now ^^;

imagine77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imagine77
SkekTek wrote:Oh, I don't like them either on principle. I'm a book fanatic, with lots of collectable books. But I thought this would be something for the younger folks.

Rant: Electronic files, to me, have little inherent value. Oh sure, you can buy them, but that's it. You can't collect 1st print ebooks, you can't get ebooks autographed, and you can't sell them or lend them without getting in trouble.

Well, to be fair, you CAN lend them if you have the right e-reader

imagine77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imagine77
Re: A Midsummer's read.

What does it say? I can't read French.

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86
Re: The Blue Fairy

Someone already used this description- but the perfect word for this shirt is whimsical, it just oozes whimsy. I also love love love the shirt color with this design. Here's hoping it's added to my wardrobe!!

iamcptnawesome

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iamcptnawesome
imagine77 wrote:What does it say? I can't read French.

"In another world that we would be perfect. In another world pain in would not exist. We would dance until sunset and laugh until sunrise. In another world we would never lose the ones we ...."

jessierahl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jessierahl
Re: Roland's Quest

One more gargleblaster I flipped a lid when I saw this shirt. I love love love these books. I don't know if it will get enough votes to get into the fog but it's GMV. <3

Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire. Deserve victory. Tagla vassternich.

gwendyw

quality posts: 8 Private Messages gwendyw
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=53747]A

It is a pretty shirt, but unfortunately, it says "'5adi4-f ac" not "reading", and even that is iffy.
A braille letter is composed of a pattern of six dots within a single 2x3 cell, but the row of cells has to have a common baseline in order to be "read." Dropping dots below that baseline makes it a different letter (or symbol, or short-form word, or contraction.) So I get you wanted seven letters, but you ended up with 14 cells. Braille has an ungodly amount of rules determining how and when you use certain combinations of dots, so how the combinations are read is determined by the context. The only reason I could get anything out of the pattern is because I volunteer with helping a teacher of the vision impaired interline her beginning Braille students homework. Little kids can Braille some funky stuff trying to trick up the teacher!

Sorry I'm "that person" today, I really did like what you are trying to do. I just don't want you to end up with a tattoo that says soup instead of courage, if you know what I mean.

WarholBot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WarholBot
Re: Can I Just Enjoy My Book Please!

sooo many distractions I just wanna read

MarianDallas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarianDallas
Re: Reading Rocket Ship

This reminds me of Boots' shirt from a year or so ago, the child reaching for the stars. I bought that one for my son, but he's outgrown it. This would be a good replacement. GMV

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: What is the use of a book without pictures

Cool concept.
I don't know the second thing. Derby/bowler hat glass of ???
You have white, why didn't you use it on the cat in the hat...hat?

move along

goatcane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goatcane

Really? You think Melville was taking an "immature and needless jab at people's deeply held beliefs" when he published Moby boghog?

Perhaps every literature professor is secretly anti-religion, right? Moby boghog is an allegory. I can't help it if you didn't see anything past a story about a whale.

Here's the Cliffs Notes version for you;

Whale = Jesus/God

The whole novel was about a man trying to find meaning, trying to find reason, and ultimately obsessed with vengeance against a god who he believes wronged him and (worse) abandoned him.

DJ9975 wrote:Actually...it really wasn't. Stuff like this never ever ever gets thru Rejectionator, and never will- barring a huge change in policy.

And regardless of my personal views this seems a quite immature and needless jab at people's deeply held beliefs.

kamukamu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kamukamu
Re: The Real Treasure

This charming is so fun and whimisical. I've always wanted a treasure chest in which to store all of my favorite books. (Until I realized that all of my favorite books probably wouldn't be able to fit in one treasure chest...)

And I love the composition of it. You used the space really well, and I have a certain fondness for designs that are placed on the side of a shirt, rather than right smack dab in the middle.

Hope this prints! (And can I get a poster of this? Pretty please?)

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Very well thought-out images. Great shirt.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Epic Battle

The hat completely lacks any dimensionality. It looks like a piece of cardboard taped to the book.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
jessierahl wrote:One more gargleblaster I flipped a lid when I saw this shirt. I love love love these books. I don't know if it will get enough votes to get into the fog but it's GMV. <3

Wow! I'm so excited this is getting such a positive reception. Thankee-sai.

mrwednesday

Re: Funny Things are Everywhere

The hat is still completely two dimensional, not to mention there's really no parody whatsoever.

mattcom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattcom
Nightshooter wrote:is everything comming out of her cutter? also its glowing =]

My god man, did you just use the term "cooter"?

Gotta get that mind out of the gutter(cutter), young man.

mrwednesday

Re: ghost stories!

This is profoundly awesome.

mattcom

Re: American Heritage

I like it =)

Sure, the subject matter is a bit heady (lol, see what i did there?! AMAZING) but the message behind it is important. +1

mattcom

Re: The Written Passion

Clever use of the theme; simple, nicely textured and good composition. Needs more votes =)

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: I Wonder If It's a Book

I Wonder If It's a Book

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: mark my words

Punny!

burnapaperzach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages burnapaperzach
Re: The Original Blockbuster

great work boots!

theflaneur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theflaneur
Re: The Tortoise and the Hare, Reinterpreted

I'm still pretty new to this, so I'd really appreciate any comments or tips. Thanks.

ismith43

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ismith43
Re: Illiterate rainbow

LOVE THIS!! It's been a while since I've liked a shirt so much that I'll actually be disappointed if it doesn't print. Great job!!

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Wow! I'm so excited this is getting such a positive reception. Thankee-sai.

It's a great design and deserves the love!

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
mrwednesday wrote:The hat is still completely two dimensional, not to mention there's really no parody whatsoever.

Did I miss something? Where does it say it has to be a parody?

almsforoblivion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages almsforoblivion
Re: What is the use of a book without pictures

Herman Melville's most famous book, A Clockwork Orange, Charlotte's Web, Alice in Wonderland, Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Lord of the Flies, Harry Potter, and the Cat in the Hat?

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: London and his Dogs

I saw this in the pre-derby, it made me so mad and happy all at the same time... I was gonna do Buck in a call of the wild design, being as I love Jack London, and I love dogs (One of my favorite authors, my dog is named Jack).

This is really well drawn and executed, I hope you place so I can get this one.

Hoooooooooowl!+1
BlindDog

innocenttrickster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages innocenttrickster

Oh god, text speak like this makes me want to punch babies D:

babitha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babitha

uwil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uwil

large version

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: The Original Blockbuster

I will never have a chance in these contests as long as I'm up against the likes of you. :-)

:VOTES!: