hankescu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hankescu
Re: Free your mind

I like the concept but the image and colors are kinda creepy.

the603

quality posts: 0 Private Messages the603
Re: Consumed by a good book

I really like this one. It's very simple, but that sort of gives it its elegance. Well done!

phineus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phineus

fluchtpunkt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fluchtpunkt

Looks great, and I love the dragon wrapping itself around that pen!

As a potential purchaser: I'd have liked this shirt better without the text. It's not because of the phrase itself (you can find basically the same phrase in other languages, too), just I'm not fond of wearing English text in my non-English environment.

Re: the pen is mightier than the sword -resub / revote

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: You Are What You Eat

Yay! I love this, littleclyde.

It makes me inexplicably happy.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Re: The End

The first thing that came to mind was the Twilight Zone episode, "Time Enough At Last".

fluchtpunkt

Petunias!

Hey, even *I* recognized this, and I didn't read that book in its original language. Yes yes, he's got fans all over the world!

Re: Oh No Not Again!

Marcuslweger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Marcuslweger

I'd buy two. Really, an outstanding job.

• ASCII Nightx2 / Acquired Taste/Audio Mythos/Willing to endure scientific research/Nevermore/Just The Two Of Us (one of each)/Night Owl/Cthulhu BBQ/DON’T stop to smell the roses!/Poe-etic
• Random x3 (9 shirts)
• +12 WooTs

fluchtpunkt

The worm itself looks really good, but the positioning seems odd to me. "Is there a snake on your shirt or are you happy to see me?"

Re: Bookworm

fluchtpunkt

mrwednesday wrote:I was struggling mightily to read the lyrics along with the design until I realized it was top to bottom. Why would you do that to me? Whhhhhhhyyyyyyyy?

Even better, it starts behind a clef! Yes, you can even read music sheets.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks

Awesome!

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
eHalcyon wrote:Do the letters secretly spell anything? I think the letters for WALMAZAN seem to be prominent... but that might just be my imagination.

It's your imagination. I looked for any hidden messages already. There isn't one.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Narfcake wrote:Is it bad that the first thing I did was try to see if there was a hidden message with the letters?

Either way, GMV!

Hehe! I do the same when I'm eating soup!

Thanks Narfcake

gedsalazargarcia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gedsalazargarcia
Re: Reading Rocket Ship

GREAT!!!!

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
Re: Read

It's a nice idea but without a doubt this is an all text shirt.

redrogue300

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redrogue300
Re: Funny Things are Everywhere

Is it sad that I'm already picking out an outfit to go with this :D

Excellent shirt as usual

Harbinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Harbinger
ISO30 wrote:The first thing that came to mind was the Twilight Zone episode, "Time Enough At Last".

That was my first thought as well.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: yum... i love books!

Cool design - you obviously are a talented drawer based on the accurate perspective of the books and the robust structure of the dog, etc. BUT i think it would look a LOT better if the lines looked more natural and less like they were drawn on a computer. Also play with line thickness a bit more...

One other thing, you can totally sketch something out on one layer and then "ink" it on another layer. If you have your brush set up to go thick to thin using the stylus pressure (I'm assuming youre using a drawing tablet) then the line thickness variation is pretty easy. In the meantime, though, you can just hand draw and ink and then scan it in, too.

Keep up the good work!

spanchenblow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages spanchenblow
Salinga wrote:I'm sorry, but something looks really off about the hat on that cat.

Yeah...

It reminds me of that South Park episode in which Mr. Garrison hires a geneticist to grow a certain part of his anatomy on the back of a mouse.

ehonechief

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehonechief
gwendyw wrote:It is a pretty shirt, but unfortunately, it says "'5adi4-f ac" not "reading", and even that is iffy.
A braille letter is composed of a pattern of six dots within a single 2x3 cell, but the row of cells has to have a common baseline in order to be "read." Dropping dots below that baseline makes it a different letter (or symbol, or short-form word, or contraction.) So I get you wanted seven letters, but you ended up with 14 cells. Braille has an ungodly amount of rules determining how and when you use certain combinations of dots, so how the combinations are read is determined by the context. The only reason I could get anything out of the pattern is because I volunteer with helping a teacher of the vision impaired interline her beginning Braille students homework. Little kids can Braille some funky stuff trying to trick up the teacher!

Sorry I'm "that person" today, I really did like what you are trying to do. I just don't want you to end up with a tattoo that says soup instead of courage, if you know what I mean.

please excuse the artist for taking a little artistic liberty. Yes, they are offset and not all on the same baseline, but there are ONLY 7 cells. he's not the first person to make a PICTURE using braille.
i think it's an excellent design, so does my mother, who is blind.
if it makes it past the derby i fully intend on buying her one.

loubriccant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loubriccant
Re: Reading Rocket Ship

Love it, but would much prefer it on a navy shirt. WHEN it prints, maybe woot! will do us a solid and print it both ways?

GMV!

explodedwhale

quality posts: 5 Private Messages explodedwhale
spanchenblow wrote:Yeah...

It reminds me of that South Park episode in which Mr. Garrison hires a geneticist to grow a certain part of his anatomy on the back of a mouse.

and now I can't unsee it.

itsmisty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itsmisty
ISO30 wrote:The first thing that came to mind was the Twilight Zone episode, "Time Enough At Last".

Same! I love that episode, though~

epicfal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicfal
Re: The Original Blockbuster

I love all their nicknames! Very well done.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Narfcake wrote:Is it bad that the first thing I did was try to see if there was a hidden message with the letters?

Either way, GMV!

I tried to see if he inadvertently spelled his name within it.

epicfal

Re: Funny Things are Everywhere

Oh my goodness, the level of cute is overwhelming.

icancounttopotato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icancounttopotato
goatcane wrote:Really? You think Melville was taking an "immature and needless jab at people's deeply held beliefs" when he published Moby boghog?

Perhaps every literature professor is secretly anti-religion, right? Moby boghog is an allegory. I can't help it if you didn't see anything past a story about a whale.

Here's the Cliffs Notes version for you;

Whale = Jesus/God

The whole novel was about a man trying to find meaning, trying to find reason, and ultimately obsessed with vengeance against a god who he believes wronged him and (worse) abandoned him.

thats still immature because im a religious person and i took that offensivly. try to upload again but instead of a cross put a pole or something and minus the word "Jesus"

epicfal

Re: THE ALLEGORY

The trouble is that people who are completely unfamiliar with Moby boghog are going to be, at the least, COMPLETELY confused as to why there is a crucified whale on your t-shirt. (Like I was, before I read your explanation.) And, unfortunately, some people will probably interpret it as offensive, since if they don't understand what your meaning was, they're going to make one up.

epicfal

Re: Epic Battle

I love their faces! D'aww!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
urjewishgirl wrote:I wish you had made the "Escaping lolspeak" title easier to see, kinda like it was in the prederby but I think that having them as separate books is good too so maybe you should have it on another book but just have the spine of that book turned more towards the front of the shirt

Even with it being hard to see, I still like the shirt enough to vote for it

BUT

If you think it is early enough I think it would be great if you did a resubmit since I see that as be a critical part of the shirt-a part that made me lol

Yeah, I couldn't get it to fit and still be legible on the final version. But making it possible to read is one of the reasons I made it so large on the shirt, though it's kind of hard to figure out practical legibility. Also, considering I couldn't even write this reply without my son literally climbing all over me, can't really manage a resubmit today.

epicfal

Re: Readventure!

His expression is so precious.

imagine77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imagine77
Re: Can I Just Enjoy My Book Please!

I always really enjoy your artwork.

epicfal

Re: This Story never ends (no text)

I hope this prints, because I would really love to own this shirt.

littleclyde

quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde

I love a good fat book, don't you? I just realized I uploaded a version where his spoon hand is missing... In case that was bothering you, here's the right image:

imagine77

Re: The Tortoise and the Hare, Reinterpreted

I like the concept a lot, but I'm not so sure about the placement on the shirt. The art also looks too small on the shirt template, the image seems lost to me. Keep at it

Astronomer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Astronomer
Re: Literary fail

That's a nice picture of Ernest Hemingway you got there.

omeza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omeza

Hey, just some feed back... Like the design a lot but i think it'd look better w/ different colors

imagine77

Re: Mad as a Hatter

Looks like its on heather, which I think they don't use anymore. The thumbnail color doesn't match the shirt template color either. I too like the concept though. Maybe add a bit more polish after the rejectionator (probably, maybe) gets through with it and you've got my resub vote.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: A lifetime of reading

Just now clicked on this one. It's brilliant! gmv

imagine77

littleclyde wrote:I love a good fat book, don't you? I just realized I uploaded a version where his spoon hand is missing... In case that was bothering you, here's the right image:

Do you have to resubmit it? I guess my question is which version would be on the print, because I think the two hands version is much nicer