cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Bastian's Nightlight

It's not something I'd wear, but it's very impressive. (And before you ask if I voted anyway, yes, I did.)

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: God Bless you Mr. Vonnegut

My simple attempt at a tribute to Kurt Vonnegut.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Yeah, see....this right here.

move along

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
Re: philosophicMUSINGSofA spontaneously-generatedWHALE

parody to a certain Poe-laced bird shirt, but with literature more my speed... hope there is room for another HHGTTG entry in this derby. (raising my towel to Mr. Adams)

supa6999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supa6999

Thanks man.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Watership Down

Wish the rabbits could have looked like Bigwig and Dandelion...or Hazel and Fiver.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

Re: Gnomes and Molearty - VERSION2

I always liked the contrast of the asphalt better, but it did need the "night" elements to tie it in. Well played.

move along

j5

laggyg wrote:It's pretty much the WHOLE joke, actually...no?

Correct. Disregard previous posters, acquire votes.

move along

Wiredog

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wiredog

I need 42 of these shirts.

Kinami

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Kinami

I absolutely love it! +1

(Hope the book-quote-text doesn't get it rejected, though, since I think THGTTG is still under copyright...)

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
Kinami wrote:I absolutely love it! +1

(Hope the book-quote-text doesn't get it rejected, though, since I think THGTTG is still under copyright...)

crap... you're probably right... was to consumed with doing it that i never considered that Poe's poem wasn't under copyright law and this excerpt would be... that was a wasted sunday!

justzo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justzo
Re: Jungle codex resub

Always loved the Jungle Book. +1

Kinami

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Kinami

Amazing! I absolutely love this! +1

*crosses fingers* Will buy if it prints!

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
sconesspe wrote:Perhaps a little whale in the background? I find it sooo amusing though.

There are already shirts with the whale and petunias out there, but none of just the flowers, resulting in this design.

dragonvt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonvt
Re: Shelf Life

I love the 42 towel in the blue section, and the pieces like the rocket ship, frog prince, and whale that cross over the color sections. Brilliant!

hiortdahl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hiortdahl
Re: The Classics

This is a fabulous spoof on both the names of classic novels and the classic liquors. As well, the art itself is wonderful.

scionofjubal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scionofjubal
Re: Epic Battle

Wait, so it's a battle between Harry Potter and Gandalf? Or the actual book The Fellowship of the Ring and The Sorcerer's Stone? Why are they books? OH! To force your cool idea into the theme. Got it. I like the designs about books better.

scionofjubal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scionofjubal
laggyg wrote:...unless it's that building right above James and his peach in the red color? If so cool...but I was really hoping for a mouse or badger or rabbit weilding a weapon somewhere when I read that. Either way, this shirt is "A and B the C of D, wot wot!" even though it doesn't have "I am, that is" in sight...

My personal fave is the red fern.

crapface

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crapface
Josephus wrote:I feel so bad for the Gunslinger, {**SPOILER**}

What a jerk. I'd be so pissed off at you if I wasn't done with the series.

drinkingthesea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drinkingthesea
Re: Know your bard.

Shakespeare wrote plays, not books. They are not the same thing. The script of a play is just the blueprint for the performance. It is not intended to be read like a book. This shirt, IMO, is off-topic.

"Oh, for a horse with wings!!"

johnthad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnthad

I like it!

neinahpets

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neinahpets
finalphoenix wrote:Portal + Books = Epic Shirt!!!! I hope this gets enough votes because this is the best Portal shirt I've found to date.

Unfortunately they keep stating that Portal references have already been done so further gets banned - unofficial rule, I believe, mind you. It's a cool shirt, it's just people are running an amazing game into the dirt.

☆ In ars veritas ☆

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
Re: 'ave ye been seein' a whale?

Wanted to call this one "Queequeg did he go?" but though it likely many would miss he joke...

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

stacvand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stacvand
Re: I love pop-up books

I love this!

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

I like the concept and how you've executed it. I'm a sucker for literal jokes.

laggyg wrote:Hrm...did you link the wrong image, or am I missing something here? I feel like there's some sort of inside joke I'm just not getting because this image you posted looks NOTHING like the design at all, even remotely...I'm lost haha

And I can't believe it. The Internet has finally broke me. Thanks, Internet.

walmazan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Bunny Basics

I love the character!

jnorah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah

Oh man You did some serious toning here. I love it. Very cool design.

Thumbs Up!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Just One More Chapter...(Sans Alien)

Mommy taps on the door, "Little Johnny, turn off that light and go to bed, it's a school night!"

"Aw, Mom, Just one more Chapter..."

I've traded my books for a computer. I don't need the flashlight, anymore.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
White, Crimson Red, Tangerine orange, Lemon Yellow, Olive Green, and Cobalt Blue. 6 clours on Midnight Black.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

DraxXx wanted to see this without the Alien, so I spent another 4 hours and re-worked the design. The halftone screens are lines and the black was erased with 35 lines/inch dots, giving it a much cleaner finish.

Thanks Draxxx!
BlindDog3D

Here's the Full Version

Now, Vote!

blinddog3d

j5 wrote:Yeah, see....this right here.

This one's 4U, Johnny5! 26 hours, my man, and 4 more for the resub (sans the Alien, 4 DraxXx)!

I really couldn't afford to spend the time on this, but what's a little sleep. I traded my "books" for a computer, but don't need a flashlight for that.

Thanx4Props! Seeya.
brUno

ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
AdderXYU wrote:...
And for the love of all that is holy, how is Harry Potter not a copyrighted character? "Obviously, copyrighted characters and celebrity author likenesses are off limits." Well, with these peeps, it clearly is not obvious, and when this isn't rejected, it will be even less obvious. Follow your own rules, and punish those who neglect to EVER do so.

a book with round glasses and a zig-zag scar-like mark is not a copyrighted character. Just because we all know it is clearly resembling harry potter doesn't make it so, either. Although I agree with your first points, you either don't know what parody is and that woot allows it, or you are hoping other people don't understand and will just jump on the bandwagon with you

tschepsit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tschepsit

It would be even funnier if they were all Hemingway titles.

gwyn779

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779

I keep coming back to see how many more I can figure out! Definitely buying when it prints! And seriously, you have enough momentum I will be remarkably surprised if it doesn't.

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester
Re: Epic Battle

I think it's supposed to be his arm, but I can't get over the fact that the Potter book looks like he has an ear piercing on his left side.

Also, and I know I've said this about other designs like this before, and honestly it's just me trying to think ahead--but when you do placement of objects on a shirt think of placement of anatomy as well. Although this isn't outright a boob shirt, if the books were any farther apart it runs that risk. As it is, I can still think of a few risque remarks about "Opening up the covers, and skim through the good parts" based on the placement of the books here.

Not trying to be cruel or too goofy here, just trying to point out why this design might make the lady folk hesistant.

blinddog3d

Re: Tokibook

Hmmm, you're walking the tightrope with "Toilet Humour." The Rejectionator No likey potty pranks.

But cute!
BlindDog3D

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester
Re: Tokibook

Haha...I clicked this design and as it loaded to the comments page the design was rejected. Yup, no toilet humor.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: Who Are You?

Very nice use of color!

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Funny concept, but aren't these photos?

gwyn779

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779
Re: A Catchy Theme Song

I think I'd like this better if it had fewer literal illustrations of the words and was, for example, just the "butterfly in the sky" and the "reading rainbow" and maybe a more subtle illustration of the other lines, like a kid twice as high in the sky looking with binoculars at a book?

blinddog3d

Re: The Written Passion

Skirochester already did the "Pages making a ♥" thang. But, this is different, so I hope it flies.

Good Luck,
BlindDog3D

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Good job getting this into the fog! Hope I can buy it soon.