creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
Re: Just One More Chapter...(Sans Alien)

Well played, great title and nice vision of the theme as well

Looks like I have some work to do to catch up...

btw; GMV

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0
Re: 919.6 : Islands of the South Pacific

I am both a library worker and a nerdy-pants lover of the Dewey Decimal System. Love this shirt, natch.

spanchenblow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages spanchenblow
Re: Shelf Life

I really like the detail in this design, but I either don't like the color choices or I don't like the shirt color. Of course, I'm looking at this on a pretty terrible monitor, so...

brilliam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brilliam
Re: Bastian's Nightlight (Re-dux)

I really like the design on this one and the imagination of the kid.

spanchenblow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages spanchenblow
spanchenblow wrote:I really like the detail in this design, but I either don't like the color choices or I don't like the shirt color. Of course, I'm looking at this on a pretty terrible monitor, so...

I take it back...and I voted.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: The New Girl

I just made this for funnies. If you remember English class you might think its kinda funny too. Thank you for looking!

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Into the Wild (Silver)

This is pretty! I'd wear it. The negative space between the trees makes a great pattern, and the subject matter is cool.

I'd just try to make the gradients (they look like gradients at least) in the background more blended and smoother.

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg

Either the mountains need to go, or need to become more "sketchy" like the trees are to fit the image. They sort of distract me. But still GMV because...well, what she said:

ochopika wrote:This is pretty! I'd wear it. The negative space between the trees makes a great pattern, and the subject matter is cool.

gwyn779

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779
ApeLad wrote:I'll assume the bot changed it to read "human". It takes a lot less than a shirt to convince me someone's an human.

Heh, didn't check for word filter on that one...that was supposed to say id.iot.

bumfuzzzled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bumfuzzzled
Re: A Catchy Theme Song

READING RAINBOW! I use to watch that show all the time! I like!

laggyg

Re: A "reading" Rainbow

It's like some of you people have never seen a shirt with arched writing before! (yes, that's 7 links to different shirts in the past few weeks, all with arched text...BAM!)

Also, I just noticed there is a shadowy profile of a scruffy, bearded old man looking to the left in the enlarged yellow filled dot in the bg of your preview. Go ahead, TRY to un-see that. I dare you. =P

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: Just One More Chapter...(Sans Alien)

I love this.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

laggyg

Re: the pen is mightier than the sword -resub / revote

I'm a sucker for anything with a dragon on it, but I think it would have looked better if the text flowed a little...like it was oozing around in the ink, maybe a little swirly coming off (or pushing in) and breaking the barriers of the text a bit. Very nice looking dragon though, so GMV for sure!

laggyg

j5 wrote:You have white, why didn't you use it on the cat in the hat...hat?

Or Moby Auto-Correct =P

laggyg

Re: Read Me resub

Could have been fun to have a "Jock" book slapping the sign on...or even a kindle/iPad/whatever...but I like the simplicity of it as it is. GMV

laggyg

Azurett wrote:This is a very nice, clever idea. I just feel like it's missing something..maybe a little color wouldn't hurt.

I couldn't agree more! Maybe some slate blues or greys for the covers, some shading and/or yellowing of the pages to bring the books to life a little.

Still got my New York vote...heck, I'll be at the Brooklyn Bowl this Sunday for a concert actually. How could I NOT vote for this!?!

laggyg

Re: Dirty little secret.

They should TOTALLY make a carrying case for the real ones that makes it look like you have a real book (if they haven't done that already). Very funny design.

laggyg

Re: Face Book Picture

Very funny shirt! I could never wear it though because I am one of the very few people that...

...wait for it...

...waaaaait fooor iiit...

...DOESN'T HAVE FACEBOOK ZOMG!!!1!one!!

Then again, since all my friends know that it might make having it as a shirt all the MORE amusing! Either way, GMV for funny, original idea. Nice work.

nichele27

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nichele27
Re: Epic Battle

I like that the colors in the shirt are shown as little books, it makes me smile.

laggyg

Re: The Lion, the Witch, in the Wardrobe

Very creative idea, and even more impressive that it's your 1st submission! I love the reference, and the expression on the cat as well. Keep up the great work! =D

Only one thing bothers me an that's the way the borders blend into the shirt. I don't know how I would have done it different, but maybe a real artist could help better. Those who can do, those who can't critique =P hahaha

Esoteric1081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Esoteric1081
Re: 'ave ye been seein' a whale?

You have my vote on account of 1 good 1 excellent titles. The image is funny too.

laggyg

Re: Turn off that book and go to bed!

I like the twist with the tree being able to read it too, since he wouldn't have to be a...what would you call it? Not a cannibal since he's not eating it...you get my point though haha...

mwa023

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwa023
Re: Literary fail

I REALLY hope this gets printed!

brushfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brushfire
Re: yum... i love books!

This is so absolutely adorable. We have a a brand new Jack Russell puppy and me wuvs him so much ( even though he chewed the underwire out of my $85 bra)! Our big dog Max died recently and I miss him so much. This is like a mash up of both of them!

Every dog lover should vote for this so I can buy it. I have blue eyes and I love to wear blue to show them off. This shirt would make me so happy!

Love it! Vote people!
BG

alexskbrown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexskbrown
Re: The Original Blockbuster

the copy is brilliant

holothuria

quality posts: 4 Private Messages holothuria
gwyn779 wrote:I feel that without the shirt title, this would cause a great many people to simply think the person wearing it is an human. Don't get me wrong, it's hilarious, but maybe just takes too long to get on its own for a shirt.

It would take some extreme obtuseness for a viewer to believe that this is an earnest expression of enthusiasm for the works of Sophocles. Clearly that is a Spartan bowtie, not an Athenian one.

Bad ideas free; brilliant ideas by derangement.

axolotl2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages axolotl2
AnnaJo wrote:This is awesome. I love the colors and the font that you chose, very nice

im personally a big fan of vintage looking shirts. the ink looks like its been faded and well worn, the design in general looks old fashioned, all around, i enjoy this shirt.

my life story unwritten, i quite enjoy that brain creation

harlsmits

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harlsmits
Re: Oh No Not Again!

If this doesn't win I'm going to be pissed! Must have this shirt...

that is not dead which can eternal lie
and with strange eons even death may die

brushfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brushfire
blinddog3d wrote:Mommy taps on the door, "Little Johnny, turn off that light and go to bed, it's a school night!"

"Aw, Mom, Just one more Chapter..."

I've traded my books for a computer. I don't need the flashlight, anymore.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
White, Crimson Red, Tangerine orange, Lemon Yellow, Olive Green, and Cobalt Blue. 6 clours on Midnight Black.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

DraxXx wanted to see this without the Alien, so I spent another 4 hours and re-worked the design. The halftone screens are lines and the black was erased with 35 lines/inch dots, giving it a much cleaner finish.

Thanks Draxxx!
BlindDog3D

Here's the Full Version

Now, Vote!

I clicked on the image, but it's a broken link, is anyone else having a problem or is it just my yucky computer?

I really want to look at this close up, can you check your link Mr. Dog? (I voted antway, I just love this!)
BG

pandeownium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pandeownium
laggyg wrote:Very creative idea, and even more impressive that it's your 1st submission! I love the reference, and the expression on the cat as well. Keep up the great work! =D

Only one thing bothers me an that's the way the borders blend into the shirt. I don't know how I would have done it different, but maybe a real artist could help better. Those who can do, those who can't critique =P hahaha

yes... looking at it now I think something with the boarder needs to be changed. But I am not sure the way to do it. Thank you for your feedback. Hopefully I will have a better idea for my next entry.

Also critiques are much appreciated. It is my favorite part about finishing a masterpiece is to hear the pros and cons.

sk8ngli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sk8ngli
Re: Watership Down

My FAVORITE book of all time. LOVE so much and would buy in a heart beat.

Also, agreed, a little tuft of hair on the winning rabbit would have made a great Bigwig. LOVE!

ApeLad

quality posts: 44 Private Messages ApeLad
holothuria wrote:It would take some extreme obtuseness for a viewer to believe that this is an earnest expression of enthusiasm for the works of Sophocles. Clearly that is a Spartan bowtie, not an Athenian one.

If there's one thing I possess in extremeness, it's obtuseness (to borrow a page from Oscar Wilde).

evilaelf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evilaelf
Re: Shelf Life

This seems like an open invitation for people to stare at my chest lol. Might have to buy two so I can prevent that ;)

sdkammer

quality posts: 30 Private Messages sdkammer
Re: Funny Things are Everywhere

C'mon folks...the "german shepherd" in the background is actually "Fox in Socks".

Cutsie take on Suess's concepts. Don't see a copyright problem here.

Ramyb: Sometimes I like your stuff...sometimes I don't. But it's clear you have talent and a distinctive style. No one seemed to mind that Charles Shultz's or Gary Larson's characters all looked similar so I don't understand why some of these guys give you so much grief. It's like they want to diminish what you do because they can't do it.

Artists will always have fans and critics...I just can't understand why your critics are so angry.

Keep doing what you're doing...whether I end up voting for it or not, I always look forward to your submissions.

jeleavitt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeleavitt

Also, I just noticed there is a shadowy profile of a scruffy, bearded old man looking to the left in the enlarged yellow filled dot in the bg of your preview. Go ahead, TRY to un-see that. I dare you. =P[/quote]

I see him! Only he's in profile and does't have a beard, but he is very clear.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
xazothia wrote:I'd send postcards of this to all of my high school English teachers. along with a copy of the comments thread, lol

This is seriously the best comment page ever, even including ramy threads! I would *really* love to wear the shirt, too. PM me if you ever print it elsewhere!

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

ApeLad

quality posts: 44 Private Messages ApeLad
Assassin15 wrote:This is seriously the best comment page ever, even including ramy threads! I would *really* love to wear the shirt, too. PM me if you ever print it elsewhere!

Let's hope it doesn't come to that. -Richard Nixon

toxicwombat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toxicwombat
Re: Sketchbook

This is really awesome -- great job!

phineus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phineus

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions! Would love to work off of your critiques, but I don't think a resub is worthwhile at this point, even though this isn't doing quite as well as I had hoped...

xion670

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xion670
Re: THE ALLEGORY

If your only point in submitting this design was to create controversy. Then you really don't belong as an artist on this site. Its disrespectful to the other people on here who actually care about making a good shirt for people.