PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
thatrobert wrote:
  • Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • Thanks very much ThatRobert. I treasure each and every one. They really brighten up the comment thread.

ittybittyx wrote:I'm just super curious, and a tad OCD. (clearly)

We need people like you. Your list is more comprehensive than the one I have in my sketchbook.

aroomadoomie wrote:do you do this by hand or on the computer?

Both. It was sketched out on paper, scanned into Photoshop, the linework is then inked in with a Wacom tablet and each colour completed on it's own layer. I hope that answers your question.

fennelpdx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fennelpdx
    anishell wrote:I was contemplating of removing the text but I was too late to change that

I kind of like the text--what drew me to the shirt in a way...maybe just a little bit subtler color or a different font. Nice first outing. And, it's genre...so "adventure" fits

villanj1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages villanj1
    Re: The End

I've never commented on a design. Please, please, please may this shirt win. Probably the coolest design I've ever seen.. I'm a HUGE Twilight Zone mark.

Garand70

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Garand70
    Re: Who Are You?

The caterpillar wears a fez now, because fezzes are cool.

limonmix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limonmix
    walmazan wrote:Love the character here! great work!

Thanks walmazan, I always love your character designs.

limonmix

citizencoyote wrote:Agreed, it's very cute. Would make a great kid's shirt!

Aww thanks citizencoyote. I like designing fun stuff for kids or anybody who likes cute stuff.

limonmix

Narfcake wrote:Awww, how cute!

Being a later submission, I'll say the odds of making it into the fog will be slim, but lets still try to get some votes (and a HM) here!

Thank you Narfcake. I have to get better at coming up with my designs and submitting them sooner.

limonmix

jasneko wrote:Sooo cute!!! <3

Thanks jasneko.

limonmix

mjc613 wrote:Great color selection!

Thank you, I try to pick my colors carefully and I often lean toward bright colors.

limonmix

brushfire wrote:Oh! This so cute! I just wanna burst, it's so cute! and on BLUE! Blue is my favorite color (I have blue eyes and I wear tons of blue!)!
    I just wanna take it home and cuddle it, so bad!
    GMV+1

Aww, thanks.

limonmix

Re: Jealousy

Cute concept and very true.

pharmacide

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pharmacide
    anishell wrote:Hi! I am new to shirt.woot and t-shirt designing. Therefore, any thoughts and suggestions would be really appreciated!

I'd say to always make sure you have fun with your designs and don't try to cater to the crowd. I think most creative people would agree that when you aren't trying so hard to make some great masterpiece and are just trying to satisfy your own artistic desires is when you will have the most success. Your art will reflect this and you will have more satisfaction. Don't worry about technical skills. Those will come with time. Probably the most important thing is to learn how to create different effects with halftones. They aren't necessary but can give your shirt a different feel. So keep at it because I can see you have the skill and the desire.

bdubs8807

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807
    Re: A Catchy Theme Song

I wish this hadn't fallen out of the fog. I would have bought it for sure. Hopefully my two back-ups will be printed.

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
    B. D. Walton
    P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

bdubs8807

rglee129 wrote:Once a year or so I get this song stuck in my head. Now it's a t-shirt.

6 colors on silver (the purple and light blue, etc., are half tones...).

BTW, if it doesn't print with Woot, will you get it printed elsewhere?

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
    B. D. Walton

bdubs8807

Re: Literary fail

My head hurts from all the false confusion over the three different items in this shirt. But it's got my vote.

B. D. Walton

kevincrimi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevincrimi
    albatrosski wrote:LOL :D This is just plain AWESOME!

Thanks a lot! It's spooky good to hear you guys like it

Check out my Derby Shirt!

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
    Re: SUPER FUN BOOK TIMES

So, am I reading too much into this design or could it have been called "The original laptop"? What with the mouse being there and everything, that might've taken all the attention away from the "cooter" crowd.

Anyways, this is two girls in a row of yours that I'd love to have on a shirt! I love your artwork and dare I say your cartoon girls are sexy!

In other news, love the Woot shirt reference(She's wearing a ! shirt).

GMV!

Hariette

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hariette
    Re: The Grammarian

Amreli --
    Great shirt! I want one. (please win, please win, please win)

wootertim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootertim
    Re: You Are What You Eat

I like this idea and design very much. Got my one and only vote this derby.

raerae104

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raerae104
    Re: too much reading will damage your vision

This is great. If it doesn't fog (wich it might considering how fast its climbing) I hope it gets an HM so we can see it again.

kaedex99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaedex99
    Re: ghost stories!

I absolutely adore your work. Seriously. I would collect your shirts like ramyb fanatics collect his crap. -:D But, really. Your style is awesome. I wish your designs printed more often. -:]

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759
    Re: Shelf Life

It's interesting seeing all the interpretations/guesses people are coming up with. This just HAS to print or I'm going to be one disappointed puppy

BTW, why can't I find the "grinning crescent moon"? What color is it?

mothlab

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mothlab

It's cool. It says reading creates a world of illusion.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Prolly not something I would wear, and it's on a gray shirt, which I'm currently (trying to) boycott(ing). But damned fine and cool. +1

paigeg

Re: Grendel's Bedtime Story

LOL! Love the book choice. Not sure I ever envisioned Grendel as dragon-like, but what the heck?

paigeg

Re: Peter Reader

He really should be wearing bunny slippers.

paigeg

Different artists work different ways. Some work directly on tablets jacked into their computers. Others, like me, draw on physical paper, then scan and refine on the computer.

paigeg

Re: Funny Things are Everywhere

This is cute, and obviously intended to honor favorite childhood stories. I like the background elements, which make this more thoughtful than I had expected when I clicked to open. I don't even have a big problem with the hat (though now that it's been pointed out, I'm finding myself have to try hard not to see it). My only serious issue with this is the fact that the head, upper body and lower body of the cat are all misaligned. The right arm/paw appears to be growing out of his neck. But, worn on a shirt, I'm sure this wouldn't get enough study for it to be noticed.

JRBommarito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRBommarito
    chaosthethird wrote:Huh, and here I thought that was a picture of Twain.

Shania Twain is a girl....

colesargent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colesargent

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Best shirt I've seen in a long time. It's got my vote and purchase for sure.

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester

this one I did in Illustrator using my mouse. It's a lot simpler than my normal style. Most shirts I do using my tablet in photoshop.

Thanks for the votes on this one. I don't think it will place, but nice to be in the fog all week.

dougblair3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dougblair3
    Re: The Blue Fairy

Best entry of the derby. I'm shocked that it hasn't stayed in the fog. Please let me know if it ends up printing somewhere other than woot!

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
    Re: Imagination running wild

I was gunna say it looks like a Patronus, turns out that was the intent

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

thanopstru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thanopstru
    Re: Shelf Life

ooh, I just noticed the UFOs in orange/red...but I can't think what that would be. Also, at first I though the white whale was an extension of the HHGTTG reference...I thought it was funny because there's whales/towel/dolphins and those were all in the series... but Moby boghog makes more sense, lol.

creativehack

quality posts: 29 Private Messages creativehack
    Re: dilliterate

Those olive look evil!

RAMPage Soccer for your iPad

IanLumsden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IanLumsden
    Re: Read Me resub

Almost. The graphic needs to be printed on the back of the shirt.

capsfanbryce

quality posts: 4 Private Messages capsfanbryce
    Leahbh wrote:dude, it's just a title! it's not a big deal

Amen! Great design on this shirt, hope to see it printed in the future. Thanks for testing the Woot waters, even if the submission was a bit late.

avianwiings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avianwiings
    tomsman wrote:I really like this concept.

Thanks!

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

A little of both. I hand draw a pencil sketch first, then I finish it up with Photoshop and a tablet.

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
    bdubs8807 wrote:BTW, if it doesn't print with Woot, will you get it printed elsewhere?

I'll try my best!

Thanks for all the support- glad so many people really like this design. I like it, too.