amusingdream

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amusingdream

I have candy tattoos. I am in for one.

sonja711

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sonja711

not a fan.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

golly, I feel kind of bad for the artist with all the downer vibe here.

hmm. I like candy! let's just get that out there first. Oh! they did a nice job with the negative space on the lettering, so there's that. and certainly used up a lot of space on the shirt, nicely filling in all the way over to the sides, and all the way to the corners of the screen. I can't tell you how many shirts forget that they have a complete big rectangle that can be filled in!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 206 Private Messages Spiritgreen

gro12ver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gro12ver

disappointed....

nocturnx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nocturnx
gro12ver wrote:disappointed....

I don't get it. Looks hideous.

mvpmarke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mvpmarke

How did this get approved? So ugly I had to look away.

Mark E. Morin

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv

So I take it I'm the only one that has this identical tattoo on their back?

I'd probably buy it and all, but I can't have the same thing on the front and back... that would be ugly...

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

DJMonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DJMonkey

Wow, judging from the highlighted states it looks like this shirt will be stylish in West Virginia. Enjoy mountaineers! I believe I'll pass.

discobanco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages discobanco

I was hoping I would find a really amazing explanation for this shirt at the comments... :/ Probably not gonna hit the reckon

cwendauthi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwendauthi
JadenKale wrote:It feels a little too square and too symmetrical for me. Interesting tattoo concept, though I feel it needs some flow and movement.

Agree. Subject-matter wise, the shirt's a wash for me to begin with, but the overall design just doesn't sit quite right. Seems like there's a lot of extra stuff that isn't adding anything to the overall image, and it does feel really rigid and blocky.

Cute concept, though.

discobanco wrote:I was hoping I would find a really amazing explanation for this shirt at the comments... :/ Probably not gonna hit the reckon

Sugar skulls, or calaveras, are ornamental & colorful skulls related to the Dia de los Muertos celebration/concept. You can look into their significance more if you want to, but all you really "need" to know is that they are frequently the basis of tattoos (hence the write-up).

Otherwise, the explanation is that he made a "sugar skull" out of sugary things. Not a lot more to read into it, afaik.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

I like it. I like the colors, I like how the font is (for once) appealing, and I like how from far away it has a sort of Native American look to it. I think it's a refreshing choice and piece.

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

Sorry to all the haters, but I love sugar skulls and I love cupcakes, and if I ever got a tattoo it would probably be a sugar skull, so most def in for one.

SiltLifted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SiltLifted
dpb39 wrote:This has got to be the ugliest shirt I have ever seen.

AGREE!!!! Looks like a Zazzle shirt. Definitely not worthy of shirt.woot

We live, we die, we get judged - which side are you on?

tomsman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tomsman
arevan wrote:I have a feeling that this is going to be showing up in a lot of the random shirt purchases in the next sale =(

agreed.

Looking for MXLs Alien Sonogram, Tin: Old Skool, Puppet Checkup and Flesh Wound from Teefury; A Wicked Mess, F5 Refreshes You, and Sissy Fight. PM or teetrade (tomsman)for trade or sell.

davidunger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidunger

UGLY!!

ArdillaCiega

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega

I think I might have to avoid the reckoning page for the next week and a half just so I don't have to look at this ever again. Yes, it's that ugly.

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

rayray099

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rayray099
Josephus wrote:golly, I feel kind of bad for the artist with all the downer vibe here.

hmm. I like candy! let's just get that out there first. Oh! they did a nice job with the negative space on the lettering, so there's that. and certainly used up a lot of space on the shirt, nicely filling in all the way over to the sides, and all the way to the corners of the screen. I can't tell you how many shirts forget that they have a complete big rectangle that can be filled in!

My thoughts^^! I like it! Candy? Yum! Sugar skulls? Cools and yummy looking, but you'll break you're teeth, and they're really not meant to be eaten. Use of space and imagination? Great!
Bought. Luv you Johnny Zito!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

It would take a brave soul to wear this shirt. I like the concept but the execution makes me twitch. Much like that much sugar would.

doodahbtfcc13

quality posts: 20 Private Messages doodahbtfcc13

WARNING: Wearing this shirt may or may not make you crave sweets all day. Just remember, your shirt is not a "sweet" of any kind other than being sweet.

lesjacobs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lesjacobs

UGLY SHIRT should go directly to Reckoning

joslynmsu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joslynmsu

I can't see the "skull" part of the design. Maybe the symmetry is throwing me off but it just looks like random (yet symetrical) floating candy. I'm flipping between candy skulls and this design and I just don't see it. Am I the only one?

jerabatten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerabatten

This shirt is unattractive and I would not buy anything like it. Please let those who would search through stores for items like this, instead of offering them to the wrong crowd here.

funnytoad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages funnytoad

I can't believe nobody has said it yet....

This is Cotton Candy!

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
joslynmsu wrote:I can't see the "skull" part of the design. Maybe the symmetry is throwing me off but it just looks like random (yet symetrical) floating candy. I'm flipping between candy skulls and this design and I just don't see it. Am I the only one?

I have been staring at this on and off all day like it is a magic eye and I have not been able to see the skull either. I do however see the clown in the cupcake and while I am not normally afraid of clowns, after seeing that image, I can completely understand why people are.

zelfren

quality posts: 7 Private Messages zelfren

Isn't the front page emphasis on "tattoos" missing the bigger picture?

During Dia de los Muertos (Nov 1-2), actual Sugar Skulls along with candy and food/beverage favorites of the deceased are left at the gravesides of loved ones who have passed on. Sometimes elaborate altars are created and filled with art, and the sugar skulls are a staple of that.

Tattoos are only a small element to the art and celebration. The source is much more compelling.

marrilee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marrilee

Help - looking for a Metro-Gnome tshirt in medium - does anyone have one they would be willing to sell? I ordered the wrong size for my daughter ...totally bummed mom.

wickedjezebel777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wickedjezebel777

Wah it's like day of the dead but more tasty!!!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
amusingdream wrote:I have candy tattoos. I am in for one.

candy tattoos? is that like candy cigarettes and candy whiskey (and candy wild wild women)?

move along

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
rayray099 wrote:My thoughts^^! I like it! Candy? Yum! Sugar skulls? Cools and yummy looking, but you'll break you're teeth, and they're really not meant to be eaten. Use of space and imagination? Great!
Bought. Luv you Johnny Zito!

sigh.

petitefilou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petitefilou
Josephus wrote:sigh.

Hahaha, yeah. My reaction exactly

smallville824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallville824

Staff

marrilee wrote:Help - looking for a Metro-Gnome tshirt in medium - does anyone have one they would be willing to sell? I ordered the wrong size for my daughter ...totally bummed mom.

I'm sending you a private message. If you have any questions about any order, please contact us at service@woot.com.