Re: El Luchador

Hey, it's Blue Demon! awesome. +1

jmig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmig
Re: Aztec Sunset

Beautiful!!!

Adam7986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adam7986
blk909 wrote:This would be fabulous on silver.

Also if the lines on the thumbnail were same on the shirt. why did you thin them out?

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
tjost wrote:Gotta say I do like this Ramy and much more on topic. Wish it was a bit larger maybe resize it real fast since you just subbed it.

This. It'd definitely have my vote, if so. Beautiful colors, indeed.

"Don't believe´╗┐ in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

Adam7986

tjost wrote:Gotta say I do like this Ramy and much more on topic. Wish it was a bit larger maybe resize it real fast since you just subbed it.

I would be lying if I said this wasn't better than anything I have ever seen you submit. I agree it could stand to be larger, but if you did awesome work like this every derby instead of cute little animals you would get so much less hate.

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: El Luchador

Thank you guys , appreciatted!

yoo Adam thanks a lot mate hope that too!

Gracias mi Wences , amigo luchon! (o;

Thanks a lot pghilard!

hey odyssey thanks man , more of a mix of all the vintage ones , we have the silver color of El Santo , The black one from El Rayo de Jalisco , The Horns from Blue Demon , The forehead from El Perro Aguayo, the lots of splats represents Mil Mascaras wich means thousand masks and the hair from Aluche the mayan elfo wich was Mil Mascaras partner , tried to mix everything in the simpliest way possible.

Adam7986

Re: Beso!

Looks awesome, be careful about the non template shirt in the background.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

I can't really go much larger and be within woot's printable area according to their templates- I've found that with these types of designs though, woot always prints them as large as possible anyway

Thanks everyone for the kind words so far on this design.

jmig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmig
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=54046]Frida was never really

Cool concept!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
expo01 wrote:Thank you guys , appreciatted!

yoo Adam thanks a lot mate hope that too!

Gracias mi Wences , amigo luchon! (o;

Thanks a lot pghilard!

hey odyssey thanks man , more of a mix of all the vintage ones , we have the silver color of El Santo , The black one from El Rayo de Jalisco , The Horns from Blue Demon , The forehead from El Perro Aguayo, the lots of splats represents Mil Mascaras wich means thousand masks and the hair from Aluche the mayan elfo wich was Mil Mascaras partner , tried to mix everything in the simpliest way possible.

I'm definitely buying this if it prints. I missed out on getting a cool Huracan Ramirez shirt, the last time I was in LA. I did pick up a couple other cool lucha shirts and a La Parka mask. Lucha libre rules.

jodeye79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodeye79
ramyb wrote:I can't really go much larger and be within woot's printable area according to their templates- I've found that with these types of designs though, woot always prints them as large as possible anyway

Thanks everyone for the kind words so far on this design.

What if you just made the sun bigger so more of it was showing? Awesome design!

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
michaelevans wrote:I am sorry if this shirt has caused any offense. Where grew up and where I live now this is how a lot of us, including migrant workers, get around.

Do Mexicans come to America as migrant workers? Yes.

Do they bring all of the richness and beauty of their culture with them when they do? Absolutely.

Do ignorant people marginalize them and treat them like trash while they are here? Unfortunately, yes.

Does this shirt promote that sort of treatment or indicate that they are in America illegally? Not at all.

Does it even indicate that they are in America? Not really.

Ilander, I suggest that you are out of line in your assumption and that you are seeing racism where there is none.

Is migrant workers really the best you can come up with on a theme as rich in history and style as all of Mexico? What you are picturing here is a stereotype and it could easily be viewed as offensive. I don't think Woot believes you are racist for entering this, so you and your wife should probably chill out with the outrage.

Woot doesn't take chances with controversial stuff, and just because you don't see it or didn't intend it doesn't mean it's not there.

I like the skeletons, it's too bad you didn't go with another way of using them.

shaunesay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaunesay

Beautiful! I love it!

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: La Calavera

Well done.

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce

bonerbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonerbob

kdeuce at it again...

http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/22357/punk-skull-danger-sign.jpg

jk, gmv

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: La Fiesta

I see this and want to suddenly play a game of "Where's Walmazan?"

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Lish64 wrote:I really like this design! Just out of curiosity what are the black spots by the bottom of the tree?

those are ants, they aren't super detailed, just silhouettes that suggest ants. I'm glad you like it!

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
Re: DOOM SQUAD Los Muertos

I don't know if I just get so tired of seeing my own coloring during the process that the WOW factor is completely gone by time I finish, or if this is that much cooler than what I would have done. Either way, great colors Odysseyroc.

elviswind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elviswind

Epic.

bethlp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethlp

Lovely!

(And I liked the little Zorro, too.)

viceversaartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viceversaartist
bonerbob wrote:kdeuce at it again...

http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/22357/punk-skull-danger-sign.jpg

jk, gmv

nice...i'd definitely buy this...el caliente my friend ;)

Earlysong

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong

Beeeeautiful

I love this website! ^^

elviswind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elviswind

Damn . . . this is definitely in my top ten designs that haven't printed yet. If this Woot doesn't print this, it would be a tragedy if it doesn't print somewhere else soon.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Re: Pool Party

I had a hard time designing a kid-friendly drug war, so I went with worms and tequila.

juliaL719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719

Much better, and - shock - on topic.

Do this more often. Don't shoe-horn in critters where better, thoughtful designs could go.

colourcraze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colourcraze
Re: Frida Y Diego

I'm in love! gmv for sure

kingdomkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingdomkey

cleverest shirt ever!

aswati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aswati
Re: Happy Mexican Food! (V.3 on cran)

GMV. I can't decide which one is better- the red or the cranberry!

aswati

Re: The Music --resub

Very cute!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: LuCha-huahua

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"

LuCha-huahua "El Poco Loco!" El Primo, mas loco Perro Luchador en todo del Mexico! He gets all his crazy "LuCho-WowoW power" from Mexico's number 2 exports, "Chocolate y Coffee!"

This little breed is tiny but tenacious and they have absolutely NO FEAR! Great little fighters! No body messes with a "Crazy lil' dog!"

I was posting the detail images and saw that 2 layers were off when I was merging files (Highlights on the suit and the outlines on the ears). So I fixed that and fiddled, as long as I was there.

ESTA MUCHO MEJOR! VOTAR!
Muchas Gracias,
Artwork Design by Brushfire
Colors & Halftones by BlindDog3D

aswati

Re: Lady of the Dead

I like the "Boheme-Mexican" feel this painting provides.

aswati

Re: Hot Tamale

I love the fire-effect!

Katerbater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Katerbater

I love it!!! Nacho Libre is on the top of my all-time favorite movie list. Great shirt--I need one!

blinddog3d

Re: Old and New

Clever and well done, very "Pro!"
brUno

beetlebabe32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beetlebabe32
Re: Pinata Parts (resub)

This is a resub only to modify the placement of the design. Thanks for the constructive criticism and please vote!

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Re: Old and New

lol! this is cute! The concept is simple and funny. The background is so detailed, it really adds a lot to the design +1

blinddog3d

I will be the envy of all my BJJ and Hog Buddies, if this prints! I could sell 1000 of these @ Stroker's in Dallas! Seriously!

BADASS!!!!!
+1

BlindDog3D

dk91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dk91
Re: Movie Munchies

Aztecs created "chickle" (chewing gum), popcorn, and chocolate... what would the movies be like without these Aztec Munchies?

naomiderrebe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naomiderrebe
Re: El Zorro

He's adorable!