taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
Spiritgreen wrote:This version: twice as good. Very classy move to delete the other version right away in favor of this updated one too.

Good luck, Mr S.

this.

Nothing follows.

brushfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brushfire

[quote postid="" user="brushfire"][quote]Re: [url= Hot Dog
[img=100x100]
BTW, I voted for this because I'm a dog lover & he is just adorable!

best of luck, we dog people have to stay together, like a pack.

Brushfire

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: La Muerte

This is great! +1

almsforoblivion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages almsforoblivion
Re: Jaguar, Jaguar, Burning Bright

Oops. I forgot to say: five colors on brown.

qetza

qetza

Re: Espiritu

Fantastic work!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Aztec Sunset

That soft violet in the sky is a great final flourish to a really strong design. WTG, Ramy. :^)

qetza

brushfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brushfire

I knew a "dog person" would be the best choice to do this justice, I'm so impressed & content with my choice of going with you to do this derby entry. I just love dogs and there is a lot of dog love in this entry!

ok, gotta get back2work! I'll check back later. Thanks so much for bringing this to life!
BG

colourcraze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colourcraze
Re: Tortilla Origami

I would have bought it even without the crane addition, just because I love tortillas that much :P However, the origami crane just made it epic! and now I don't know what I'm going to do if this shirt doesn't print!

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
Re: Lady of the Dead

I might have to buy 3 WHEN this prints...one to wear now, one to frame, and one to wear when the other wears out.

mxmontes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mxmontes
Re: Regular Gonzales

Very clever. I hope this gets printed!

anishell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anishell
Re: Shrew on a cactus

It's the Nelson's small eared shrew! The Nelson's small eared shrew are originally from Mexico so I illustrated it playing a guitar on a cactus. Comes with national colors of Mexico! (except the yellow, that's the shirt color).

Resubmitted to fix a missing eyebrow and cleaness.

I hope everyone enjoys this as much as I did. I used halftones for the first time and it was kinda hard but fun. I'm still new to making digital art and designs so any suggestions or comments would be really appreciated. Cheers X)

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Quetzal

Sooo gorgeous. Im so happy to see this go up. I think this is my favorite in the derby. Go go go! ++++1!!!

rambo90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rambo90
Re: LUCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

great shirt! hoping it win's.

William L Bomberger

l7year8888

quality posts: 0 Private Messages l7year8888
Re: RESUB Frida dia de los muertos

go kritta go! very cool lady. good luck!

jen & lauren

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Quetzals are awesome! I love their poofy heads and longs tails. Such a nice drawing of one, and the colors are perfect +1

ochopika

Staff

wubupon wrote:I am very happy that this shirt has nothing to do with mexican food... Great design! +1 from me

Thanks! I wouldn't want to design a shirt just so you could eat it. Haha.
*wubupon that was a joke at you...because..well you know...*

ttctkam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ttctkam

This is my inaugural entry for Woot! I have always loved their shirts, so I thought I'd try my hand at designing one. It was mostly hand-drawn to start and then scanned in to edit digitally.

Thanks for your votes!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Mexican Hot Dog

This is frickin NICE! wish I could see better to see that you have halftones, and not gradients. G's will get you the banhammer. I hope not, because I, too, am a dog lover. And 'yo quiero taco bell' (Gidget) was one handsome Chihuahua. And, I'm kindof intrigued as to whether this doggie is going to go all ouroboros on himself. Sure looks like he finds himself tasty.

dottarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dottarts
benmerva wrote:This is by far my favourite design this derby

Thanks! I appreciate that. My style never does well in the derby, but it is nice to get a compliment!

paigeg

blinddog3d wrote:El Gato y El Diablo Demonio es mi Favorito! Muy inteligente diseño!

CiegoPerro3D

Not me. I was always a SpaceMan fan. And no, can't do that in Spanish.

serenityh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages serenityh
Re: dia de los!

I really like this design and hope that in the next few hours hundreds of others agree with me so I can buy it next week.

paigeg

brushfire wrote:2Cool! I can get Shirt.woot.com on my smart phone when I'm @ work!
It's 2bad BlindDog3D had2 resub this because the entry thumbnail wouldn't work! We had 15 votes in the 1st hour, that would double what we have now, but that's ok, it looks so cool with both our logos on the Tshirt comp. You rock, Mr. Dog "3D," I don't believe you're "Blind" at all! This looks better than I ever imagined.

I want to do another derby with you, if you're game... I'll do my best, I promise!

Thanks again,
BG

With that paranoid androidin halftone work, I'm dead sure 'blind' has nothing to do with eyesight. Re-voted and LOVE the design. Kudos to you both.

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01

Hey guys! Long time no see

ochopika

Staff

wow.yes. I want it!!! I thought about doing this, but I couldn't execute the idea properly. You got it! +1

paigeg

This was not the final coloring I pictured in my head from the pre-derby sketches. But it has a sublte appeal that probably works better for mass appeal. I would have like bolder, but that's me. Good job, and GMV.

paigeg

anishell wrote:It's the Nelson's small eared shrew! The Nelson's small eared shrew are originally from Mexico so I illustrated it playing a guitar on a cactus. Comes with national colors of Mexico! (except the yellow, that's the shirt color).

Resubmitted to fix a missing eyebrow and cleaness.

I hope everyone enjoys this as much as I did. I used halftones for the first time and it was kinda hard but fun. I'm still new to making digital art and designs so any suggestions or comments would be really appreciated. Cheers X)

I think you've got a helluva start. There's a few wonky things - like along that horizon. But, damn - nice start, and nice way to respect the theme.

ochopika

Staff

Re: Tasty Insides

there should be more pinata designs here. +1 for your adorably embarrassed pinata.

paigeg

Re: Adelita's Way

Six colors on Woot red, plus a few halftones. I THINK I got them right. Maybe?
Anyhoo - check out Adelita's Way. A fabulous folk tale, a great folksong, and one paranoid androidin' rock band.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: !Go Frida Y Diego Go!

Frida looks exactly like Dora the Explorer with a moustache. I don't know if it's deliberate but I don't really like it.

jmig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmig

Dear Woot,

Please go back to Zombie themes. I don't like Zombies so I will not feel compelled to buy a Woot shirt.
I have purchased so many lately that I am going to have to sell my house since I can't pay the mortgage. Then I suppose I will have to make a tent out of all the Woot shirts that I just bought.

Sincerely,

A Compulsive Shopper

paigeg

Seed, love the art. But Speedy had a slow, drunken friend you could have played on, with Speedy somehow referenced to make the disparity clear. Maybe just a faded silouette and some motion lines in halftones (background). We get the joke here, but on a shirt? Not so much. Love ya, tho! Just not lovin' this particular sub.

jmig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmig
Re: Tasty Insides

I love, love, love this!!! (I just got Intensive Candy Unit).

Please everyone vote for this so it will print!

paigeg

Re: Jaguar, Jaguar, Burning Bright

Love the sentiment, but you gotta fix your thumbnail (detail). Resub so it doesn't get the ax!

audentio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audentio
Re: La Calavera

Double Post w/e:
Would be cool if the "La Calavera" text was located to the above right-side of the skull in the middle of the shirt/ But that's just my 2 cents.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
greystone9 wrote:And yet, you choose an image from the new comics where they are in their 30s, one changes into a dinosaur and Splinter dies reaching for milk. :P

But the *original* comics were great.

I liked the art better on this than the original comics. I basically just put it up to show that the comic ones were all red.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d

Yes, some doggy love!

boolatops

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boolatops
paigeg wrote:Love the sentiment, but you gotta fix your thumbnail (detail). Resub so it doesn't get the ax!

What's wrong with the thumbnail? Is it not supposed to have text?

paigeg

paigeg wrote:Six colors on Woot red, plus a few halftones. I THINK I got them right. Maybe?
Anyhoo - check out Adelita's Way. A fabulous folk tale, a great folksong, and one paranoid androidin' rock band.

Just wanted to add, in a perfect world, StarDamsel would have thought of this and rocked the house with it. Her designs this derby are stellar. I only wish I had those skills. >bow<