expo01


quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
lydnvos wrote:iHEARTthisshirt!
please win.





Thanks! (o;

Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Aztecish V.2



Thanks for the votes and support! I really appreciate it.



expo01


quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
gedsalazargarcia wrote:i really like your execution here buddy!!!



Thanks a lot Ged , please buy a shirt so you can finally vote mate!! cheers! (o;

almsforoblivion


quality posts: 8 Private Messages almsforoblivion
Re: Speedy Gonzales lives!



You could try making the design larger in the shirt comp image. As you can see form other derby entries, the shirt doesn't have to take up the whole image, it can just be on the side with a larger version of the design as the image's focus. That might help your halftones show up better.

expo01


quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: The Usual Suspects





This is amazing nblottie , as usual , always enjoy your entries so much , i just wish you havent added the flag , really not necessary in my opinion as all characters are Mexican enough to be instantly recognized as Mexican icons, but just my opinion.

all the best! (o;

expo01


quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
ha52309s wrote:I love that part of the Mayan folk lore. The reliefs depicting that story is one of the things that stuck with me closest after a tour a ruins.





One of the best experiencies to go there and the story is just amazing when you really think about more deeply.

cheers! (o;

nblottie


quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
expo01 wrote:This is amazing nblottie , as usual , always enjoy your entries so much , i just wish you havent added the flag , really not necessary in my opinion as all characters are Mexican enough to be instantly recognized as Mexican icons, but just my opinion.

all the best! (o;



Thank you so much. Yeah, the flag was a bit of a balance thing for me. It was last and even though it probably could've been something else entirely, my artist brain wouldn't let me leave that space empty. This is of course the same artist brain that kept me up way way too late that night.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Ay Chihuahua!



Man, the rejectionator got it waaay wrong. And it's too late to do anything about it....right?

Oh....wait....where did that bell on the soda cup come from??? damn.

move along

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: LuCha-huahua



@Paige
...or it could mean, "I can't see why I get in trouble, so much, ...but I just stumble in head first, brain last, eyes closed and mouth open."

My Budo teacher is working on that with me, we have signals for when I'm getting too... uh, mmm, excited?


I've been on posting probation 3 times, "...staring at the cartoon dog." I think it's appropriate they sic the dogs on me when I get outta hand. But 3 times? The last one was 96 hrs. for a "personal attack" against the "Whale on a cross." I don't think I attacked him, but they did. I just said, "I was here to make money, not get into a big psuedo-philosophical discussion," ...kinda.


I must be "Blind?"
BlindDog3D

walmazan


quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Ay Chihuahua!



I think the chihuahuas are more mexicans than my enchiladas! Please reconsider this rejection!!

And I want it so bad!

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

walmazan wrote: I think the chihuahuas are more mexicans than my enchiladas! Please reconsider this rejection!!

And I want it so bad!



It was decided by the early derby Rejectionator (not me by the way -- there are multiple Rejectionators that form one Giant Rejectionator, Voltron style) that Taco Bell themed shirts are not about Mexico. I think that's a good call and I support it.

This is clearly about Taco Bell considering the bell on the cup and the Taco Bell mascot surrounded by fast food wrappers. It's the same concept as the other design, with a dog instead of a guy in a sombrero (both Mexican) and a slightly different digestive issue. The artists can resub and hopefully make it seem that there's a reference to Mexico instead of Taco Bell, which we'd fully support. Good luck.

Johndis5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
tgentry wrote:It was decided by the early derby Rejectionator (not me by the way -- there are multiple Rejectionators that form one Giant Rejectionator, Voltron style) that Taco Bell themed shirts are not about Mexico. I think that's a good call and I support it.

This is clearly about Taco Bell considering the bell on the cup and the Taco Bell mascot surrounded by fast food wrappers. It's the same concept as the other design, with a dog instead of a guy in a sombrero (both Mexican) and a slightly different digestive issue. The artists can resub and hopefully make it seem that there's a reference to Mexico instead of Taco Bell, which we'd fully support. Good luck.



Chihuahua are decidedly Mexican, so even if you consider Taco Bell strictly American, there is still a Mexican element in this design. Not to mention, Taco Bell may be American, but it's unquestionably Mexican influenced.

Are you going to reject all entries that are not composed of purely mexican things? Didn't think so. Terrible rejection.

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Johndis5 wrote:Chihuahua are decidedly Mexican, so even if you consider Taco Bell strictly American, there is still a Mexican element in this design. Not to mention, Taco Bell may be American, but it's unquestionably Mexican influenced.

Are you going to reject all entries that are not composed of purely mexican things? Didn't think so. Terrible rejection.



The other Taco Bell design had a guy in a sombrero, which is a Mexican element as well. It was still a Taco Bell design. This one is a Taco Bell design, even with a Chihuahua. Since you weren't complaining about the other one getting rejected for the exact same reason this one was, I'm confused at your stance.

Johndis5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
tgentry wrote:The other Taco Bell design had a guy in a sombrero, which is a Mexican element as well. It was still a Taco Bell design. This one is a Taco Bell design, even with a Chihuahua. Since you weren't complaining about the other one getting rejected for the exact same reason this one was, I'm confused at your stance.



I hadn't seen the other one until just now. It shouldn't have been rejected either, at least not for the reason given, with the toilet paper indicating bathroom humor, it would have likely been rejected anyway. Not to mention, the other design was rejected shortly after it was submitted giving the artist time to make adjustments and ultimately a better shirt (which he did). This one got to stew for 3 days during which time multiple rejections came down.

At any rate, the consistency you are trying to demonstrate here would be much more impressive if you guys (not trying to single you out) were more consistent with your rejections from derby to derby and not just the occasional derby from time to time when no one there has much else to do.


Guess you can't please everyone ;)

ISO30


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Re: The Three Amigos



I remember Chevy Chase pitching Doritos, and thinking he was so much better then that other Doritos guy.

kevlar51


quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Ay Chihuahua!



moral of the story: don't design around on your collab partner

benmerva


quality posts: 0 Private Messages benmerva
gement wrote:I have to point out that whether you were aware of Hirsute History or not, you're doing something so close to his schtick that it might be infringement. http://hirsutehistory.com/design/frida_kahlo/

Also I like the way you've done the jewelry, but the upper lip is reading more "pencil thin mustache" on this one.

Nice clean lines, and if you generated the hair-only idea independently, I congratulate you!




Wow I like their design, but yeah I thought up the hair only idea based on a previous design of mine(of course accentuating her eyebrow and moustache), then it didn't feel complete, so I added some of her more common jewellery.

buddahfool


quality posts: 0 Private Messages buddahfool
Re: Old and New



My fair state has turned into Sponge Bob! We just need to wring out some of the water out of him to put out our fires. (The middle of our state just exploded. A fire that started yesterday (Sunday) at 1pm is now over 43,000 (!) acres and is threatening Los Alamos National Labs.)

That being said this is a cute shirt and it got my vote.

Radscoolian


quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
buddahfool wrote:My fair state has turned into Sponge Bob! We just need to wring out some of the water out of him to put out our fires. (The middle of our state just exploded. A fire that started yesterday (Sunday) at 1pm is now over 43,000 (!) acres and is threatening Los Alamos National Labs.)

That being said this is a cute shirt and it got my vote.



Yeah. I live in New Mexico too, and my dad works at the labs. Apparently, they told him not to go in today...
We need some rain.

Hillary8586


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hillary8586
Re: Hail to the Sun God



My favorite one so far. Love the color choice! Good luck!

lucky1988


quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=53976]They call me



Thanks everyone! I'm glad the design is being appreciated either way, star wars or not.

holly2978


quality posts: 1 Private Messages holly2978
lucky1988 wrote:Thanks everyone! I'm glad the design is being appreciated either way, star wars or not.





If this shirt prnts anywhere, I must have it!

blanked


quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: Skulls Of Mexico



Your forgot the shirt template. It is rejectionable, so resub it.

jacobjackson50


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacobjackson50
blanked wrote:Your forgot the shirt template. It is rejectionable, so resub it.



How can i get a shrit template, like which website should I use to make it

wootvan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
kevlar51 wrote:moral of the story: don't design around on your collab partner



grrlmarvel


quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
kevlar51 wrote:moral of the story: don't design around on your collab partner



Kevlar - I never knew this about you. Honestly I'm shocked. You seemed like such an outstanding and upright designer. Fishbiscuit called me crying over this. So sad.

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Skulls Of Mexico



Download it here. Links everywhere. Show where the design fits on a blank shirt one on of the colors they offer. Look at some of the entries in the FOG for presentation ideas.

Hope this helped, see ya after a while...
BlindDog3D

nblottie


quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=54133]Thoughts



Odd to say about a black and white design on grey, but I love the colors!

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Lucha-wawa Poco Loco



So far, I'm beating you, hehehe
Dog

nblottie


quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: La Muerte



I really dig this design. Very clean and very wearable.

blanked


quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
jacobjackson50 wrote:How can i get a shrit template, like which website should I use to make it



Design Guidelines:

* Maximum 16" x 20" design dimensions
* Use our official shirt templates as a guide:
o PDF (0.2 MB)
o Adobe Illustrator (0.3 MB)
o Adobe Photoshop zipped (2.4 MB)
From the left side of the 'submit derby entry' link. You will have to go there to get the downloads though.

HeartlineTwist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
DoublEE wrote:Guess this is about the closest thing we're going get to a compliment from Oscar the Grouch.



I'm surprised Adder did it at all, to be honest. I would have expected him to allude to the FACT that Ramy tends to occasionally throw in designs similar to this when cute isn't allowed in or causes problems or even alongside cute. He's done it in the past, but it isn't ever really sustained.

To be completely honest, I'd prefer Ramy to sub in this "style" for a while and let the cute animals become an exception, not the rule, but...meh. It sells, and I don't think it's ever changing, so...

jacobjackson50


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacobjackson50
blanked wrote:Design Guidelines:

* Maximum 16" x 20" design dimensions
* Use our official shirt templates as a guide:
o PDF (0.2 MB)
o Adobe Illustrator (0.3 MB)
o Adobe Photoshop zipped (2.4 MB)
From the left side of the 'submit derby entry' link. You will have to go there to get the downloads though.



Error in shirt image: you must provide an image comp of your design on a shirt (JPG, GIF or PNG); maximum size 500k

keep getting this followed the rules though...I used the Photoshop template, got the design on it and saved as a jpg...

qetza


quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: El Mariachihuahua



A late entry I know, but wanted to finish it up. I tried it on white, baby blue, silver, and cream. I liked it most on silver.

qetza


quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: Quetzal



Thank you all so much for the kind words and votes !

Another cool theme and I'm glad I had time to finish this one.

@ bassanimation - Thank you! I'm just finished my second sub, but definitely wanted to get this one first because it is my favorite of the two.

@ ochopika - Thanks!

@paigeg - I tried a few things with the coloring, and it just clicked for me when I started incorporating the patterns and lines. Thanks!

@kaedex99 - Thanks!

@anishell - Thank you!

@ellerythecelery - Thanks! Quetzal came to mind first when I saw the theme. I was glad to be able to finish it in good time.

@PixelPants - Thank you!

@jasneko - Thanks!

@amreli - I tried just about every Woot shirt color from the template and the brown shirt came in very close as my second choice. Thanks!

@Spiritgreen - Thank you!

@lucky1988 - Thank you!

@jagendorf - Thanks!

@AdderXYU - It most definitely was inspired by the quetzal. Thanks!

Radscoolian


quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
Re: Nacho Libre REDUX



I didn't like how I had handled the background.
More for my portfolio than for woot, but who knows?

qetza


quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: Fire maker, Rain bringer



Love the placement colors and textures! Awesome job!

qetza


quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=53976]They call me



Very nice!

Radscoolian


quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
qetza wrote:A late entry I know, but wanted to finish it up. I tried it on white, baby blue, silver, and cream. I liked it most on silver.



Well Done! You are a very gifted illustrator.

qetza


quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza