yellowwducky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowwducky
Re: Udderdentified Flying Object

Really hope this one prints.

ApeLad

quality posts: 63 Private Messages ApeLad
cpmepi2 wrote:It's rare that I laugh out loud within minutes of getting up and checking my email. I LOVE this shirt!

You get these sent to your email? How?

numenwraith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages numenwraith
keyser520 wrote:"They unpaved the city to put up a forest lot" -John Mayer

Could you please at least quote Joni Mitchell for her songs instead of the hack who covered it?

ketvara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ketvara
Re: Killer Penguin

Oddly, reminds me of Johnny Sako's flying robot.

gtmochi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gtmochi

I want like 5 of these. Really.

collinvh

quality posts: 70 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Flying and Swimming

I really like your shirt. Very rad and unexpected design choices. GMV

wubupon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wubupon
ApeLad wrote:Is it not okay that he's being true to the original source? They go from "about to be eaten" to eaters themselves. That's a role reversal.
The version I grew up with had the witch initially turn the kids into gingerbread, then (I forget exactly how) they turn human again, push her in the oven, and she becomes gingerbread (which the kids then eat).
It's true to the "role reversal" theme, even if PatrickSpens didn't invent the idea. He certainly represents it very well.

I agree that he represents the story well and it is a really nice looking shirt, but I really can't support the idea that it is role reversal. The roles are as follows. The role of the children in the story for most versions is that the children are the victors against the evil witch (in fact in one version, the witch actually is turned into gingerbread) and the role of the witch is as the loser who gets killed by the children. It accurately portrays the roles as is and not the roles reversed. I think that for it to be a true role reversal, the witch should be sitting there waiting to eat the children. Although, even if it were the witch eating the children, it may still not seem like a clear role reversal (possibly because some people have heard a version where the roles are reversed). Honestly, I wouldn't know any good way to be able to settle this dispute.

jamessedwards

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamessedwards
Re: Neglected Pets

Funny yet disturbing at the same time. Very nice art, great style!

wubupon

numenwraith wrote:Could you please at least quote Joni Mitchell for her songs instead of the hack who covered it?

Oh thank you! My brain hurt when I saw that. Also, If this shirt wins, I am SO going to buy it! I can't get over how awesome it is. I usually don't wear shirts that make me look like I might be a bleeding heart liberal, but I don't think that caring for the environment is liberal or conservative...it's human. This is very well done, and a wonderful statement.

wubupon

Re: Urban Safari

I was just thinking. I could totally see a shirt like this being sold at a zoo. It's funny. I like it.

wubupon

Re: Watching the Humans

Maybe this is how it actually happens...maybe we are actually starts looking at people...maybe I should go to bed.........

wubupon

wubupon wrote:Maybe this is how it actually happens...maybe we are actually starts looking at people...maybe I should go to bed.........

Stars***** damn. I do need to go to bed.

jasneko

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko

collinvh

quality posts: 70 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Neglected Pets

The expressions and body language are spot on. Also, looks great on this shirt color. GMV

yusufchao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yusufchao
Re: Children are terrifying

the monster to the left has a very disturbing nose lol.

xTuffxMuffinx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xTuffxMuffinx
Re: man-b-gone

six colors and one smoking roach. vote and enjoy.

andihansen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andihansen

Please ! Please ! Please !! Please !!!!
Must have !!

sweetaddietude

wubupon

Re: Flying and Swimming

This is incredibly creatively done! Wow! Great job gracefully displaying both parts of the reversal within the whale...bird...thingy. That's just amazing. +1 from me definitely.

wubupon

wubupon wrote:This is incredibly creatively done! Wow! Great job gracefully displaying both reversals within the whale...bird...thingy. That's just amazing. +1 from me definitely.

Also...really trippy design

harrylives7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages harrylives7
Re: Watching the Humans

Aww, this is such a sweet design! The star sort of reminds me of the stars on the old Care Bears cartoons. Geez, I'm getting old...

GMV and best of luck!

icancounttopotato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icancounttopotato
bughouseloco wrote:and i feel like you didn't take it seriously enough. bee-butt attacks are the number one fear in the world. wake up man, its 2011.

seriously enough? calm down its just a t shirt

BootsBoots

quality posts: 40 Private Messages BootsBoots
andrewdanger wrote:Looks a little too similar to this:

I hope it doesn't get rejected.

Lol!

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
matthewart wrote:Yeah... I hope it makes it past the pop culture thing too. I thinks it fells into classic and iconic territory rather nicely.

Hey... how'd that garfield spoof up at the top make it past the pop culture thing? I mean.. the cat is orange and has garfield stripes and everything.

Not sure if you're joking. . . I didn't get that it was a Garfield reference at all. It's a human sized orange cat that looks nothing like Garfield. Garfield never playfully wakes up Jon with his paw the way the guy is, so as a role reversal the idea that this is Garfield falls flat, too. It's very obviously a reference to cats who wake their owners up while standing on top of them and incessantly pawing them in the face when all they want to do is sleep. . . not sure where the artists got their idea from, but I posted the same exact idea in the Derby forum, and I also did not have Garfield in mind at all.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
rglee129 wrote:
This is lacking the violent, direct BOOM of T.K.O., but I felt kind of bad for the killer whale.

Anyways, I'm not sure why they don't seem unified. I even drew them together as one picture. I honestly am not bothered by it or it anything, but I really need to step away from designs for a week or so to get a fresh vantage sometimes.

You know, while I would've liked a direct contact...there's also a certain tension caused by the future punch. ;) So that is just a matter of opinion on my part.

After looking at it for another minute, it might be the shiny-ness of the metal on the giant penguin that causes the disconnect. Either way, it's nothing that takes too much from the design (obviously! look at where it's at!). It really is a great illustration, Robbie. And a great concept. I like the thought of little penguins having a giant hero.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: The Quick Brown Dog

I know the fox is just resting after his leafy adventure, but where have I seen that dog before? He looks so familiar.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

flatlimp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flatlimp

Nice

-There's my Chippy

jessierahl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jessierahl
Re: THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEWOMAN

I would definitely wear this one, and risk a women's size to wear it. GMV :D

Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire. Deserve victory. Tagla vassternich.

matthewart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthewart
audentio wrote:This is just like that one shirt a few derbies ago, it's still in the reckoning, forbidden future. Still love the shirt though :D

I know... is so sad about that. But, thanks a ton for liking the shirt!!!

matthewart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthewart
curli76 wrote:Not sure if you're joking. . . I didn't get that it was a Garfield reference at all. It's a human sized orange cat that looks nothing like Garfield. Garfield never playfully wakes up Jon with his paw the way the guy is, so as a role reversal the idea that this is Garfield falls flat, too. It's very obviously a reference to cats who wake their owners up while standing on top of them and incessantly pawing them in the face when all they want to do is sleep. . . not sure where the artists got their idea from, but I posted the same exact idea in the Derby forum, and I also did not have Garfield in mind at all.

I'm pretty convinced there is a mysterious ether of dreams and idea that all artists draw from. Especially after Forbidden Robot being awfully similar to another fine design.

Yeah, I grew up reading Garfield (who didn't so that's what stuck out to me. But I dig that design. Your correct, its a very catty thing to do

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois

Again, love the style of this one. Good choice on the grass green.

ghostworld

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghostworld
Re: The Tall Grass

Love the design kevlar... maybe you should place it lower on the shirt tho... ha just kidding, I think the placement is just perfect!

jchristianreed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jchristianreed

This is very simple and smart. Very well done to! If this isn't on the top three, it should be.

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
xTuffxMuffinx wrote:six colors and one smoking roach. vote and enjoy.

There's nothing better than smoking a roach =)

Wait...what?
<_<
>_>

laggyg

Re: Everything we know is wrong!

As someone that was really into dinosaurs as a kid, I LOVE this design...nice work with the Halftones (esp considering you never used them before!).

laggyg

Re: Eat right and exercise

Is...is that a donut and a beer!?! Ewwww...what a gross combo lol!

Nice art, great concept =)

laggyg

Re: Forbidden Robot

Fun concept, and I really like your style. It would look nice next to my Forbidden Future in the closet =)

bigevilgrape

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigevilgrape
Re: Time for Harvest

I really love it.

wubupon

Re: Gotcha

I just realized. The cat looks like your boyfriend :-D

PixelPotato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PixelPotato
Re: bee attack!

I love the bee's expression :p