dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

OK, off to bed.
If a tree doesn't get the power lines, I'll see you tomorrow!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
dontwantaname wrote:Real rain is here.


They are just talking about flooding and maybe I'll get water in the basement, but I'm nowhere near natural water that would flood.

Of course, knock out a few major roads and we are screwed.




Sister in law didn't stay in CT because of work on monday.
It looks like the city will be closed monday. Although there are streams and lakes up where she has her second home.



Looks like I'll definitely have mom tomorrow night too.

Too bad she isn't good friends with the inlaws. They could have had an old people sleep over.


May never see son again! All roads that flood between him and us.

The more I think about it, the more I think dentist is nuts.
He should have stayed with his son in Wisconsin I hope his dog is ok.
Sweet dog.



hope his dog is ok too.

keep us posted as long as you still have power. the worst is supposed to be there tomorrow, right?

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kdccrosby wrote:hope his dog is ok too.

keep us posted as long as you still have power. the worst is supposed to be there tomorrow, right?



Just watches a show with the kids, now putting them in bed.

Checking in to see what's happening in the storm zone. Someone should change the thread to East Coast check in. I wish Skek would come by, I keep seeing him online on facebook so I guess he's alright.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Granddaughters in bed. 60 more pages to read, so I'll be here if East Coasters check in. Good luck to all.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

lplady


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
dontwantaname wrote:Aren't you in the middle of it now?



Sorry I didn't answer back. We were in the basement under a tornado warning.

Not sure whether you mean middle of the storm or middle of the eye, but the news said the worst part will come between 4-8AM here.

139,000 without power in our area so far. I still have it.

D'name, your B-I-L is nutty. Hope he doesn't regret his decision and he can prove us wrong that it was no big deal to stay there.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
lplady wrote:Sorry I didn't answer back. We were in the basement under a tornado warning.

Not sure whether you mean middle of the storm or middle of the eye, but the news said the worst part will come between 4-8AM here.

139,000 without power in our area so far. I still have it.

D'name, your B-I-L is nutty. Hope he doesn't regret his decision and he can prove us wrong that it was no big deal to stay there.



I really don't wish anyone ill, but stupid should hurt.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
lplady wrote:Sorry I didn't answer back. We were in the basement under a tornado warning.

Not sure whether you mean middle of the storm or middle of the eye, but the news said the worst part will come between 4-8AM here.

139,000 without power in our area so far. I still have it.

D'name, your B-I-L is nutty. Hope he doesn't regret his decision and he can prove us wrong that it was no big deal to stay there.



I hope he gets just enough of a scare to concede that it was a really bad idea ;), but nothing more.

Prioritizing projects for the coming month... I shouldn't have slacked off so much this month....

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

zea3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
kdccrosby wrote:Not really. We were on the dirty side, and there was a lot of wind & rain, but not really tornados, thankfully.

Zea would have had it worse than me, she's closer to the coast than I am. I'm probably 30 minutes or so north of her.



We evacuated to Nachodoches so I didn't witness any tornadoes. I think Alicia had more tornadoes than Ike. Ike had stronger, more sustained winds which caused a lot of damage.

lplady


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
pooflady wrote:Granddaughters in bed. 60 more pages to read, so I'll be here if East Coasters check in. Good luck to all.



If you don't mind me asking...is your son back living with you or did you pull grandmom babysitting duty tonight so they could go out?

lplady


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
pooflady wrote:I really don't wish anyone ill, but stupid should hurt.



LMAO that's the best laugh I had today.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
lplady wrote:If you don't mind me asking...is your son back living with you or did you pull grandmom babysitting duty tonight so they could go out?



Babysitting.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

lplady


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
pooflady wrote:Babysitting.



That's good. I'm sure you entertain them well. From things you've said you done with them and taking them out shopping and eating it sounds like you're a grandma that embraces it.


pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
lplady wrote:That's good. I'm sure you entertain them well. From things you've said you done with them and taking them out shopping and eating it sounds like you're a grandma that embraces it.



I try.

Darn, it was a nice day, so don't have the AC on, and I'm fighting the bugs coming in through the screen, but one just decided to have some of my water. Guess it's bedtime.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

lplady


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
pooflady wrote:I try.

Darn, it was a nice day, so don't have the AC on, and I'm fighting the bugs coming in through the screen, but one just decided to have some of my water. Guess it's bedtime.



What kind of bugs get through your screen?

Good night.

I'm going to do my bills and make some banana bread.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

still have power! They are saying worst is well past now, though wind gusts can still take out power "through the AM"

I'm keeping all our radios on FM, so we ought to be OK.

can't wait to see whether we lost any branches.

lplady


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
Josephus wrote:still have power! They are saying worst is well past now, though wind gusts can still take out power "through the AM"

I'm keeping all our radios on FM, so we ought to be OK.

can't wait to see whether we lost any branches.



Glad to hear it. At least you know none of your branches/trees are through your house. YAY!

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Josephus, I lol'd. ;)

For anyone interested:
Long Beach (Ocean) ustream.tv/channel/long-beach-island-irene
Long Beach (Bay) ustream.tv/channel/hurricane-irene-long-beach-ny
79th Street Boat Basin dropcam.com/p/xsIXNn
Coney Island earthcam.com/usa/newyork/coneyisland
Times Square earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare
New York Harbor (evacuated zone A) goo.gl/mwzfG
East Village cam.smallpicture.com:8080/webcam.html
Ground Zero earthcam.com/usa/newyork/worldtradecenter
Statue of Liberty earthcam.com/usa/newyork/statueofliberty
Bryant Park bryantpark.org/plan-your-visit/webcam.html
55th Floor of Empire State Building acronym.com/empirecam.html
High Line standardhotels.com/new-york-city/webcam
USS Intrepid goo.gl/HWlmX
Co-Op City in the Bronx justin.tv/technologee#/w/1682864512/4
Midtown Central livestream.com/breakinglivenow
Midtown Central ustream.tv/channel/hurricanewatch
Midtown West wirednewyork.com/webcam

From Zach Seward on plus. The earthcam links are slow to load, and they all have tons of ads, but some good shots of various places in NY.

Lots of rain, some wind. Nothing too bad here.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Well, been away, but we were in line to get spanked by the hurricane in S Jersey, but it was underwhelming. Lots of rain and wind, but really not much else. We have power, and that made the kids happy.

Lots of little branches to pick up...

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

not bad here at all. The lid came off our trash can, but it is laying on the ground next to it. one small pine branch in the driveway, about 2 feet long. A lot of pine needles on the road, and Sycamore leaves all over the ground under our sycamore tree.

time to get some coffee.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Josephus wrote:still have power! They are saying worst is well past now, though wind gusts can still take out power "through the AM"

I'm keeping all our radios on FM, so we ought to be OK.

can't wait to see whether we lost any branches.



//snort//

glad you have power!

Edit: Skek - glad you are good too!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good morning. Happy everyone so far is doing fine. That just leaves AZ and D'name. It's too early for D'name but AZ should have checked in by now.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
kdccrosby wrote://snort//

glad you have power!

Edit: Skek - glad you are good too!



Thanks.

We're watching the news. Looks like one more bout of rain then it's all over. Places in low-lying flood plains are gonna continue to get worse for another day.

We're projected to continue to get 40-50 mph winds until 8 pm, so we could lose power at any moment...

glad to hear the DC contingent is fine.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

mornin all

we still have power altho a lot of places around us have lost theirs. Most, if not all, of the local churches have cancelled services for this morning.

Hope dname and all are ok.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Good morning. Happy everyone so far is doing fine. That just leaves AZ and D'name. It's too early for D'name but AZ should have checked in by now.



true. I guess he lost power.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kdccrosby wrote:true. I guess he lost power.



might've stayed up late and slept in. he isn't a spring chicken, you know!

-oh, I'm gonna pay for that, fer shure

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Mavyn wrote:Josephus, I lol'd. ;)

For anyone interested:
Long Beach (Ocean) ustream.tv/channel/long-beach-island-irene
Long Beach (Bay) ustream.tv/channel/hurricane-irene-long-beach-ny
79th Street Boat Basin dropcam.com/p/xsIXNn
Coney Island earthcam.com/usa/newyork/coneyisland
Times Square earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare
New York Harbor (evacuated zone A) goo.gl/mwzfG
East Village cam.smallpicture.com:8080/webcam.html
Ground Zero earthcam.com/usa/newyork/worldtradecenter
Statue of Liberty earthcam.com/usa/newyork/statueofliberty
Bryant Park bryantpark.org/plan-your-visit/webcam.html
55th Floor of Empire State Building acronym.com/empirecam.html
High Line standardhotels.com/new-york-city/webcam
USS Intrepid goo.gl/HWlmX
Co-Op City in the Bronx justin.tv/technologee#/w/1682864512/4
Midtown Central livestream.com/breakinglivenow
Midtown Central ustream.tv/channel/hurricanewatch
Midtown West wirednewyork.com/webcam

From Zach Seward on plus. The earthcam links are slow to load, and they all have tons of ads, but some good shots of various places in NY.

Lots of rain, some wind. Nothing too bad here.



You have no idea how bad my spam-senses tingle when I see a list of links.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', all.

No issues here. Lights never flickered.
Went out early for some coffee then got a haircut.

Didn't see any obvious damage while out and about.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
AZGman wrote:Mornin', all.

No issues here. Lights never flickered.
Went out early for some coffee then got a haircut.

Didn't see any obvious damage while out and about.



Good News! Glad everything is good.

I hope they cut more than just one hair. ba-dum-dum

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
kdccrosby wrote:Good News! Glad everything is good.

I hope they cut more than just one hair. ba-dum-dum



Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Mornin', all.

No issues here. Lights never flickered.
Went out early for some coffee then got a haircut.

Didn't see any obvious damage while out and about.



Glad all is okay with you.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Looks like the gang is all here.


Total loss, two pieces of trim on the peak of the house.
We were going to get a roofer anyway. A piece of soffet was missing anyway.
The gutters on one side were screwed up anyway.

So, we were going to call a roofer anyway.

Hubby use to do antenna work as a kid. He has decided his roof days are over.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

We haven't heard from D'name, it's still early for her yet.


edit// I stand corrected.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Looks like the gang is all here.


Total loss, two pieces of trim on the peak of the house.
We were going to get a roofer anyway. A piece of soffet was missing anyway.
The gutters on one side were screwed up anyway.

So, we were going to call a roofer anyway.

Hubby use to do antenna work as a kid. He has decided his roof days are over.



Glad you're all okay anyway (times 3)!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Sorry, TT!

Most of the cams are pretty boring. Just rain and empty streets.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Mavyn wrote:Sorry, TT!

Most of the cams are pretty boring. Just rain and empty streets.



still cool to look at though.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

laters.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
dontwantaname wrote:Looks like the gang is all here.


Total loss, two pieces of trim on the peak of the house.
We were going to get a roofer anyway. A piece of soffet was missing anyway.
The gutters on one side were screwed up anyway.

So, we were going to call a roofer anyway.

Hubby use to do antenna work as a kid. He has decided his roof days are over.



what about the dentist and his happy boats?

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Here's the worst of Hurricane Irene we have to deal with:

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Looks like the gang is all here.


Total loss, two pieces of trim on the peak of the house.
We were going to get a roofer anyway. A piece of soffet was missing anyway.
The gutters on one side were screwed up anyway.

So, we were going to call a roofer anyway.

Hubby use to do antenna work as a kid. He has decided his roof days are over.



I wish my husband would decide his roof days are over. He still goes up regularly to clean out the gutters (about four times a year). Scares me to death. He's 66 and has bad knees. I hold the ladder. Like I'm really doing any good.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.
Back To Top