Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

mornin peeps

70 and sticky here (dewpoint is 66) Had an early morning thunderstorm - I love those Slept longer than I wanted to.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
kdccrosby wrote:probably not. This is the first time I've seen them, but I've heard them a lot.

We weren't really scared, just not sure where they were going. We may go again this evening when they are probably laid up somewhere.



They were likely hunting and hoping you two would flush a rabbit in their direction!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
kdccrosby wrote:here too. I took a walk on our new walking trails through the woods with a neighbor.

At least until we saw 2 coyotes and turned back.



dunno about the coyotes in yer part of the world, but the ones here are bigger and more brazen than they used to be. I would prefer to have the big Reddog with me if I came across more than one at a time. On a leash, of course. Last dogs I let run free on walks were the Borzoi - my little one was only 50 pounds but she could take down a dog twice her size. And the big Zoi - at 125 pounds - I think could have managed a coyote...or more likely would have run home!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, I gotta get these cats to the vet... they haven't been since 2008. It's going to have to wait a while longer though until some of the funds shake out.



Our vet said that a healthy cat really doesn't need much vet care for 10 years.
So, of course, your ex and my son took that to mean NO vet care.
I'm guessing they need a annual visit.

Scratchy already scratched hubby and hissed at me. Not a goo day for a vet visit! But I wanted his nails done before he finds new stuff to destroy.




I'm watching dog agility on TV. I just told Rusty, that is not what we were doing. Some of the dogs were perfect. But then this dog totally screwed up! THAT is what were doing!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Our vet said that a healthy cat really doesn't need much vet care for 10 years.
So, of course, your ex and my son took that to mean NO vet care.
I'm guessing they need a annual visit.

Scratchy already scratched hubby and hissed at me. Not a goo day for a vet visit! But I wanted his nails done before he finds new stuff to destroy.


I'm watching dog agility on TV. I just told Rusty, that is not what we were doing. Some of the dogs were perfect. But then this dog totally screwed up! THAT is what were doing!



What did Rusty say?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:What did Rusty say?



He doesn't talk much.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I know somebody asked about weekend plans, but I can't find it.

Picking up grandson #2 this evening so he can go to the parade with us tomorrow. Will meet #1 son and family there. Then dinner at #1 son's.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Ribeyes on the grill, bakers, tossed salad, a lovely Bogle Merlot, and H.P. and the Deathly Hallows, pt. I, - just me and the boy!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Lynnzoi wrote:dunno about the coyotes in yer part of the world, but the ones here are bigger and more brazen than they used to be. I would prefer to have the big Reddog with me if I came across more than one at a time. On a leash, of course. Last dogs I let run free on walks were the Borzoi - my little one was only 50 pounds but she could take down a dog twice her size. And the big Zoi - at 125 pounds - I think could have managed a coyote...or more likely would have run home!



Coyotes in the Eastern part of the country tend to be bigger; more small game.

Out West towards NM and AZ, they're smaller, but very fast and agile.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Ribeyes on the grill, bakers, tossed salad, a lovely Bogle Merlot, and H.P. and the Deathly Hallows, pt. I, - just me and the boy!!



That sounds really nice.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:That sounds really nice.





Yup; lotta time apart to catch up on.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:That sounds really nice.



I have a flank steak to marinate if son is home, but so far he isn't.
Now we find out he will only be here 4 days total, except for vacation.

Oh well, at least the cat nails are cut.

No shots this year, since he is indoor. But next year the dr recommended getting his teeth cleaned. $600.
We'll see.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:



Oh well, at least the cat nails are cut.

Not shots this year, since he is indoor. But next year the dr recommended getting his teeth cleaned. $600.
We'll see.



I have a pressure washer; I'll do it for $200.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
AZGman wrote:Ribeyes on the grill, bakers, tossed salad, a lovely Bogle Merlot, and H.P. and the Deathly Hallows, pt. I, - just me and the boy!!



sounds awesome!

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:Coyotes in the Eastern part of the country tend to be bigger; more small game.

Out West towards NM and AZ, they're smaller, but very fast and agile.



deleted due to indifference

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:Ribeyes on the grill, bakers, tossed salad, a lovely Bogle Merlot, and H.P. and the Deathly Hallows, pt. I, - just me and the boy!!



sounds tasty

I've been hacking and slaying at trees and bushes....too damn tired to cook.

got any leftovers?

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
dontwantaname wrote:I have a flank steak to marinate if son is home, but so far he isn't.
Now we find out he will only be here 4 days total, except for vacation.

Oh well, at least the cat nails are cut.

Not shots this year, since he is indoor. But next year the dr recommended getting his teeth cleaned. $600.
We'll see.



start feeding him the dental diet Hills t/d. Can only buy at the vet but it works. No other dental diet is as effective, imo. I am a big Purina fan but even their prescription dental diet doesn't work as well as t/d. And don't even bother with otc dental diets...wasting your money.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:start feeding him the dental diet Hills t/d. Can only buy at the vet but it works. No other dental diet is as effective, imo. I am a big Purina fan but even their prescription dental diet doesn't work as well as t/d. And don't even bother with otc dental diets...wasting your money.



He doesn't have a regular vet for the cat.
I'll tell him. See how far that gets him.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Time enough at last on syfy!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Lynnzoi wrote:did you hear about the veterinarian who posted on her FB page about leaving beef-broth-laced rat bait out to kill the coyote that she thinks killed her feral barn cat? She seemed to be proud of the fact that it would take the coyote 5-7 days to die.

and she prevents animal suffering for a living?? what a p.o.s.



Uh. no. I'm indifferent to the cause or outcome.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Lynnzoi wrote:sounds tasty

I've been hacking and slaying at trees and bushes....too damn tired to cook.

got any leftovers?



Enough for a steak and eggs breakfast!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

G'night.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:Uh. no. I'm indifferent to the cause or outcome.



oh

sorry

lemme just go delete that post then

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Regarding coyotes...They've been hunted, baited, and trapped for so long that human has force-evolved them into a much smarter animal than they were 150 years ago. In Wyoming and Colorado, I knew they were around, but very seldom saw one. In California, they were protected on base (top predator to control the pest animals) and they were brazen. They'd trot down the roads, right through housing. Big, too, at least 60+ pounds.

My last dog most likely had a coyote for a daddy. He was very smart, but also the one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Regarding coyotes...They've been hunted, baited, and trapped for so long that human has force-evolved them into a much smarter animal than they were 150 years ago. In Wyoming and Colorado, I knew they were around, but very seldom saw one. In California, they were protected on base (top predator to control the pest animals) and they were brazen. They'd trot down the roads, right through housing. Big, too, at least 60+ pounds.

My last dog most likely had a coyote for a daddy. He was very smart, but also the one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met.




There is an old guy at the dog park that had a wolf hybrid. He wants another one.
I bet he would like a coyote mix.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
dontwantaname wrote:There is an old guy at the dog park that had a wolf hybrid. He wants another one.
I bet he would like a coyote mix.



There is a raggedy, hungry looking coyote living across the street in a wooded area. Walks out every once in awhile - jut to let us all know he is there I think. Never seens to bother with the dogs or dog walkers.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

bump until we find Cruzer

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Congrats on LP Poof. To answer your question - temp dropped quickly to a balmy 88. It's 76 now.

# of customer w/o electricity is down to 38,000 from 80,000 an hour ago.

My thoughts are with those who are about to get hit by Irene

Ktc - sending good thoughts to you and your dad & praying. My co-workers Dad just got a clean bill of health after cancer treatements.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Yay me!!!



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kdccrosby wrote:Congrats on LP Poof. To answer your question - temp dropped quickly to a balmy 88. It's 76 now.

# of customer w/o electricity is down to 38,000 from 80,000 an hour ago.

My thoughts are with those who are about to get hit by Irene

Ktc - sending good thoughts to you and your dad & praying. My co-workers Dad just got a clean bill of health after cancer treatements.



Congrats Poof on LP!

Thankds kdc. My Mom called and we talked about stuff. This seems a good path.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! First day of senior year for daughter2.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Congrats Poof

Good morning all.
I see lightning in the north but can't hear the thunder so we're probably not going to get wet.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Congrats, poof for last post!!



(Guess we only lock threads at night now. )

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

lplady


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks.

Congrats, poof for last post!!



(Guess we only lock threads at night now. )



AZ, you're incorrect with that assumption. The last two threads that closed prior to PWA were both closed during the day. Two Words at 10AM and Last Post at 4:51PM. Time to turn that frown upside-down.

Congrats Pooflady!

Turken, have you tried one of these for your phone? Our dollar stores have them.

Good morning everyone!

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning.

Woke up, looked outside and thought it was earlier than it was--dark! Sigh. Guess it's getting to be that time, though this morning it's mostly from the rain.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
lplady wrote:AZ, you're incorrect with that assumption. The last two threads that closed prior to PWA were both closed during the day. Two Words at 10AM and Last Post at 4:51PM. Time to turn that frown upside-down.

Congrats Pooflady!

Turken, have you tried one of these for your phone? Our dollar stores have them.

Good morning everyone!



I've been wrong in the past and will likely be wrong in the future. But PWA is the only thread to which I pay attention.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good morning, everyone. We were supposed to have had severe thunderstorms overnight. Didn't. Had a small shower this morning.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Good afternoon. Beautiful day until about an hour ago. It was breezy, blue sky, sun, low humidity. Now dark, windy, going to probably rain, although one never knows.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! First day of senior year for daughter2.



The year of fun!

Not for you though.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.
Back To Top