pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Josephus wrote:Jerry Brown was never a serious candidate for President, Poof.

I think it was before that.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Iceback wrote:Only if you'll send us some rain

Haven't had any rain since the first part of July. Should get some after this humidity goes away if weather returns to normal. Pretty good chance of it heading your way

Sorry back reading now, laptop crashed while I was filling out an application to work a few hours at the library. Got it done and just got everything up and running again.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Me neither, same reason. Wait till the field narrows.

A bunch of years ago there was a website that you answered a lot questions as far as the issues. When you were done, it showed you which candidate you should vote for according to what you thought was important. It was pretty neat. I was very surprised at the answer I got, and started investigating further into that candidate and eventually would have voted for him if he hadn't dropped out.

I remember that website. I usually went through it a couple times tweaking my answers for issues that I felt strongly about personally, but felt that there wasn't much going to happen on them politically. It was a great source for getting started on research. I wanted to make a similar site that showed voting records and included local candidates, but I never had enough drive to do it.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I'm out for the night.

See you tomorrow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:I think it was before that.

teddy roosevelt?

pooflady

no1 wrote:teddy roosevelt?

//smack//

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Lab woke me up. Hound dog is still at his new home. Hubby thinks he will show back up.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning Joyner and all who follow.
There is something in the air the last couple of days, as I have had allergy symptoms. It may be wood smoke from the fires I guess.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin'.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning. Still sick, but have a meeting at work that was a pain to schedule...and now, I'm here, and all the other players are not, so can't get started.

Drat.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Iceback wrote:Good morning Joyner and all who follow.
There is something in the air the last couple of days, as I have had allergy symptoms. It may be wood smoke from the fires I guess.

ragweed? I think that's one of the things we've got right now. My nose is itching something fierce!

pooflady

Good morning, all. I think it's stopped raining, although everything still looks wet, so the stopping was recent.

pooflady

Okay, who's in danger of being flooded? Josephus? Kenney? Mayvn? GWP? Skek?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
pooflady wrote:Okay, who's in danger of being flooded? Josephus? Kenney? Mayvn? GWP? Skek?

not us, we are just west of the bad stuff, and on top of a big hill. I doubt kenny is, since he's somewhat south. I think AZGman is also west of even me. Skek is prolly underwater now. I imagine that GWP is too far west. I don't know anything about where Mavyn lives, so I'ma sayin, YEAH, Mavyn is right in the worst of it. OK, prolly not, but I don't actually know.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:not us, we are just west of the bad stuff, and on top of a big hill. I doubt kenny is, since he's somewhat south. I think AZGman is also west of even me. Skek is prolly underwater now. I imagine that GWP is too far west. I don't know anything about where Mavyn lives, so I'ma sayin, YEAH, Mavyn is right in the worst of it. OK, prolly not, but I don't actually know.

Anyone who is flooding now, flooded last week.
So, has anyone not been back?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

What is going on? There is blue stuff in the sky. But the weather man said it will still rain.

Got a wake to go to tonight. Elderly mom of someone at hubbies job. Get to see if anything in my closet fits. Right now I'm thiner than my fat clothes, and fatter than my thin clothes. Hope I had a funeral to go to at this weight at some point.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Josephus wrote:not us, we are just west of the bad stuff, and on top of a big hill. I doubt kenny is, since he's somewhat south. I think AZGman is also west of even me. Skek is prolly underwater now. I imagine that GWP is too far west. I don't know anything about where Mavyn lives, so I'ma sayin, YEAH, Mavyn is right in the worst of it. OK, prolly not, but I don't actually know.

I assumed AZ was too far west. Just checking a map, GWP's too far northwest. Mayvn said they have kayaks, if necessary! Forgot about lplady. She might be too far east.

Mavyn

My house is fine. Couple of roads are flooded, but not yet closed. We're on top of a hill, so not too concerned about the house. Several co-workers have been evacuated from their houses, though.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
dontwantaname wrote:Anyone who is flooding now, flooded last week.
So, has anyone not been back?

That's not correct around here. Many areas that are flooded around Philly and the burbs were not flooded Irene weekend. Bucks county schools are closed. We've just had too much water the past few weeks and the past few days pushed it over the edge. Most of the flooding around our area is much worse today than it was when Irene came in. Thankfully my home isn't flooded since I'm not close to the water but I won't be out driving today... too many closed areas to navigate around till waters go down.

Good morning.

Josephus

lplady wrote:That's not correct around here. Many areas that are flooded around Philly and the burbs were not flooded Irene weekend. Bucks county school are closed. We've just had too much water the past few weeks and the past few days pushed it over the edge. Most of the flooding around our area is much worse today than it was when Irene came in. Thankfully my home isn't flooded since I'm not close to the water but I won't be out driving today... too many closed areas to navigate around till waters go down.

Good morning.

yeah, there's way, way more rain around here than in the Irene time. Some places have had over 10 inches rain since Sunday night.

lplady

Josephus wrote:yeah, there's way, way more rain around here than in the Irene time. Some places have had over 10 inches rain since Sunday night.

Yep, crazy to see the smaller bridges just washed away as if they are twigs.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
kdccrosby wrote:ragweed? I think that's one of the things we've got right now. My nose is itching something fierce!

Don't know. It was never a problem for me before. I get this a couple of times a year and it only last 2-3 days. I didn't sleep well last night so I took today off.

In the end only kindness matters

lplady

Mavyn wrote:My house is fine. Couple of roads are flooded, but not yet closed. We're on top of a hill, so not too concerned about the house. Several co-workers have been evacuated from their houses, though.

Glad to hear your house is doing alright.

I was wondering if you happened to hear on your news if the Northumberland County up around where Knoebels is has been flooded a lot or not and also if you heard any news on Danville? Our local news hasn't mentioned those areas. I haven't been able to get a hold of the person that keeps tabs on things up there for me. I don't remember if he was going on vacation this week or next week.

lplady

I'm feeling a long nap is needed.
//fluffs pillow

pooflady

Damn. Just found out the ceiling fan and light kit currently in the dining room has been discontinued. I really needed to match that in the new room. What to do, what to do?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
lplady wrote:I'm feeling a long nap is needed.
//fluffs pillow

I fully agree.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Mavyn

lplady wrote:Glad to hear your house is doing alright.

I was wondering if you happened to hear on your news if the Northumberland County up around where Knoebels is has been flooded a lot or not and also if you heard any news on Danville? Our local news hasn't mentioned those areas. I haven't been able to get a hold of the person that keeps tabs on things up there for me. I don't remember if he was going on vacation this week or next week.

Knoebels floods a LOT. I wouldn't plan on going this weekend.

Really, it seems like most everywhere is getting some degree of flooding. Most of the rivers are at or above flood levels currently, it's just a matter of where. A friend in York had her basement flood last night. Water seeping up through the floor--ground is saturated.

pooflady

lplady wrote:I'm feeling a long nap is needed.
//fluffs pillow

Now that you mention it.

//getting the afghan//

AZGman

Afternoon.

lplady

Mavyn wrote:Knoebels floods a LOT. I wouldn't plan on going this weekend.

Really, it seems like most everywhere is getting some degree of flooding. Most of the rivers are at or above flood levels currently, it's just a matter of where. A friend in York had her basement flood last night. Water seeping up through the floor--ground is saturated.

Thanks and I agree. Now part of the turnpike is closed too.

Friend called me back. He was out helping with the area's sandbagging efforts when I called him earlier. He called me back as he was leaving his home. They've been evacuated.

AZ, what's your take on your new boss? Not as barney-like as the last one I hope.

Poof, hope your nap was as successful as mine.

Time to make dinner. bbl

AZGman

bed preps; later, perhaps.

AZGman

thunderboomers and heavy rain again; 10th wave of the day.

g'night.

Josephus

pooflady wrote:Damn. Just found out the ceiling fan and light kit currently in the dining room has been discontinued. I really needed to match that in the new room. What to do, what to do?

EBay?

pooflady

Josephus wrote:EBay?

//going to look//

lplady

pooflady wrote://going to look//

If you want to why don't you list what fan/light it is here. Maybe one of us will be able to find it. No1 seems to have super powers for finding things online, but I'll try to beat him to it. lol

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

Cruzer gets lazy?

Cruzer has been lazy for a long time!

lplady

cruzer wrote:Cruzer gets lazy?

Especially when it comes to going to the post office.

Maybe you can pay for the tux at his wedding. lol That should give you enough time to get his gift to the mailbox.

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Especially when it comes to going to the post office.

Maybe you can pay for the tux at his wedding. lol That should give you enough time to get his gift to the mailbox.

LOL!

pooflady

cruzer wrote:Cruzer gets lazy?

Fires near you?