AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
klozitshoper wrote:Hope you get it. Love Blowing Rock and Boone.



Might want to edit this!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Morning all. M-i-l day. Later.

J5-my recipe calls for chopped cucumber. I was referring to straining the yogurt. Not Greek.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Me either.



Mornin', folks!



Morning!

Details.....all I wanted is, yes I like going to work!
Or
I don't love it, but it isn't that bad.

I don't need information that would let bubba Noone figure out what you do!



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Morning!

Details.....all I wanted is, yes I like going to work!
Or
I don't love it, but it isn't that bad.

I don't need information that would let bubba Noone figure out what you do!



I'm adjusting to it.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
pooflady wrote:Morning all. M-i-l day. Later.

J5-my recipe calls for chopped cucumber. I was referring to straining the yogurt. Not Greek.



Greeks strain their yogurt, but then it's a different composition to begin with, so...ymmv.

move along

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:I'm adjusting to it.



Better than not adjusting.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

It is COLD out today!
Although, if this was the end of the winter, we could go out with shorts and tee shirts in this temp.
60
Seems much colder.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Mid 50's here. It was in the 30's last night!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Mid 50's here. It was in the 30's last night!



30??????
That is actually cold, except for the middle of winter.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Well, 30's. I think the official low was 38. Still, pretty chilly.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Well, 30's. I think the official low was 38. Still, pretty chilly.



Isn't there suppose to be something between summer and winter?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Mavyn wrote:Well, 30's. I think the official low was 38. Still, pretty chilly.



38 a lot colder than 'pretty chilly'

To me anyway...

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

This is fall in the Poconos! It's nice, though. Crisp.

SO and son are camping this weekend. :D

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
Mavyn wrote:Well, 30's. I think the official low was 38. Still, pretty chilly.



That's pretty well winter for here

In the end only kindness matters

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Iceback wrote:That's pretty well winter for here



I can't help it if you live in a season-deprived state.

California was like that. A couple days in January/February it would dip close to freezing, but the rest of the time...bleah.

I grew up in Colorado. Real weather changes! Sometimes multiple times in one day. I'm looking forward to the first snow--my only regret is that we bought kayaks so late in the year that we won't get to use them much. But, it was a great deal.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

well that was fun...hadda get blood drawn. a lotta blood. and I am a phlebotomists nightmare. 3 sticks....3 bruises. Oh well. took myself shopping afterwards and got 2 outta 3 upcoming birthdays done. still need a wedding card (with butterflies, if possible). didn't do any of my own shopping. like insulin for the reddog, food for the furries, food for their human slave.

oh, and on day 5 of this headache. the traffic backup on the Northway didn't help that. but now I'm home with the furries and all is right with the world.

and for the weather update - beautiful and sunny here but going down into the 20's tonight. goodbye plants. thank you for your summer beauty.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:I can't help it if you live in a season-deprived state.

California was like that. A couple days in January/February it would dip close to freezing, but the rest of the time...bleah.

I grew up in Colorado. Real weather changes! Sometimes multiple times in one day. I'm looking forward to the first snow--my only regret is that we bought kayaks so late in the year that we won't get to use them much. But, it was a great deal.




The brother in law with two houses on the water, has NO kayaks.
One is a lake. Perfect.
The other is on a bay off a much bigger bay. Kayak would be very nice in the smaller bay.

No jet ski either.

Waste of water.

Oh ,wait, he has a canoe on the lake. That is what started the latest family fight. Water ski boat splashing the canoe.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:well that was fun...hadda get blood drawn. a lotta blood. and I am a phlebotomists nightmare. 3 sticks....3 bruises. Oh well. took myself shopping afterwards and got 2 outta 3 upcoming birthdays done. still need a wedding card (with butterflies, if possible). didn't do any of my own shopping. like insulin for the reddog, food for the furries, food for their human slave.

oh, and on day 5 of this headache. the traffic backup on the Northway didn't help that. but now I'm home with the furries and all is right with the world.

and for the weather update - beautiful and sunny here but going down into the 20's tonight. goodbye plants. thank you for your summer beauty.



So you got sucked dry at the blood bank?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
dontwantaname wrote:So you got sucked dry at the blood bank?



just about. I was gonna have them draw my rabies titer too but they hadda draw so much for everything else that I decided that my titer could wait!

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.



afternoon, AZ

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Lynnzoi wrote:afternoon, AZ



Hiya, kiddo!! Sorry to hear of your travails.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Finally! Roof guy came.

Of course, he says the hail storm damaged the roof. Plus now they would replace the skylight that leaked maybe 10 times in 21 years....but 3 of those times was this year.

We would have to put in a insurance report to do everything he wants to do. The roof might be covered.

Do we really need a entire roof? No, I'm sure we don't.
We need the repair work and the new gutter.
Replacing the skylight would be the best way. We have tried 4 or 5 different fixes that didn't work.
Hard to tell, it only leaks in Northeasters with heavy wind that blows water up the roof.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:just about. I was gonna have them draw my rabies titer too but they hadda draw so much for everything else that I decided that my titer could wait!




You have rabies??!?!?!???? I better keep away from you!

//steps back

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.



Good afternoon Gman.

Looking forward to the weekend?


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:Hiya, kiddo!! Sorry to hear of your travails.



thnx...none the worse for the wear I suppose. I'm home, surrounded by sleepin furries. Goin to the Irish Fest tomorrow - lotta good music.

hows things in AZLand?

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
dontwantaname wrote:You have rabies??!?!?!???? I better keep away from you!

//steps back



woof!

no, I have my shots tho! So I can bite you and not hafta be quarantined!

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
dontwantaname wrote:Finally! Roof guy came.

Of course, he says the hail storm damaged the roof. Plus now they would replace the skylight that leaked maybe 10 times in 21 years....but 3 of those times was this year.

We would have to put in a insurance report to do everything he wants to do. The roof might be covered.

Do we really need a entire roof? No, I'm sure we don't.
We need the repair work and the new gutter.
Replacing the skylight would be the best way. We have tried 4 or 5 different fixes that didn't work.
Hard to tell, it only leaks in Northeasters with heavy wind that blows water up the roof.



I love my skylight but it is such a PITA. Izzit gonna leak or not....maybe this storm, maybe not.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Good afternoon Gman.

Looking forward to the weekend?



Yes, I am!! In fact the weekend started about 8 ounces ago!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
j5 wrote:Greeks strain their yogurt, but then it's a different composition to begin with, so...ymmv.



How is it different? It's just becoming popular around here but I've never tried it.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:Yes, I am!! In fact the weekend started about 8 ounces ago!



atta (urp!) boy!

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Lynnzoi wrote:woof!

no, I have my shots tho! So I can bite you and not hafta be quarantined!



Maybe they'll quarantine her, though!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:How is it different? It's just becoming popular around here but I've never tried it.



Go to a respected Greek restaurant and ask for a large order of tzatziki to go. You'll taste the difference.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Go to a respected Greek restaurant and ask for a large order of tzatziki to go. You'll taste the difference.



I don't believe we have a Greek restaurant nearby, respecated or otherwise.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:I don't believe we have a Greek restaurant nearby, respecated or otherwise.



Check the phone book for a Greek Orthodox Church and ask for a recommendation!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Check the phone book for a Greek Orthodox Church and ask for a recommendation!



Googled Greek restaurants. As I thought, if you split the city down the middle, all the Greek restaurants are west, northwest or southwest. I'm far east.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
Mavyn wrote:I can't help it if you live in a season-deprived state.

California was like that. A couple days in January/February it would dip close to freezing, but the rest of the time...bleah.

I grew up in Colorado. Real weather changes! Sometimes multiple times in one day. I'm looking forward to the first snow--my only regret is that we bought kayaks so late in the year that we won't get to use them much. But, it was a great deal.



yep, we have 2 months of tornados, summer, fall and 2 weeks of winter.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:Googled Greek restaurants. As I thought, if you split the city down the middle, all the Greek restaurants are west, northwest or southwest. I'm far east.



Oh well, find a recipe for Asian tzatziki!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Darn I came here for poof couch doctor story.....

Hi all sign language class in 15 so I can't stay long.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Iceback wrote:yep, we have 2 months of tornados, summer, fall and 2 weeks of winter.



I can remember daj and cruzer whining like babies when Texas was getting ice-stormed out a few years ago!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.