I hate this time of day.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:I hate this time of day.

Why?

Dog walk done.
Not sure how far we went. I hope two miles.

Waiting for hubby to come home and go to dinner.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
AZGman wrote:I hate this time of day.

I so agree

klozitshoper

dontwantaname wrote:Why?

Dog walk done.

How many walks a day does Rusty get? I walk my dog about 2 miles when possible first thing in the morning, and then I take her out on leash, and she performs the necessary about three more times and of course, always before I turn in for the night which is usually around 1AM.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Why?

Dog walk done.

Cuz no one is usually around; especially bad cuz it's Friday

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Cuz no one is usually around; especially bad cuz it's Friday

There is never anyone around.

Ever.

Haven't you noticed?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:There is never anyone around.

Ever.

Haven't you noticed?

I've noticed you're generally one of the first to bail.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:I've noticed you're generally one of the first to bail.

I have to check for spam. Then wander over to gmail, aol, facebook, google+ and icanhascheeseburger.
Then I forget to come back.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:I have to check for spam. Then wander over to gmail, aol, facebook, google+ and icanhascheeseburger.
Then I forget to come back.

And walk Rusty 37 times a day!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:And walk Rusty 37 times a day!

I wouldn't have gained the weight back if I did that!

Going to dinner now.

If you drive up, you can join us.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:I wouldn't have gained the weight back if I did that!

Going to dinner now.

If you drive up, you can join us.

ciao

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Dinner done. Have to go somewhere to mail my sister's birthday card because I $#@$! forgot to put it in my mailbox this morning and it has to be there Monay.

I really like this card. Sepia picture on front of a toddler in Dr. Denton's. Entitled "A Bedtime Story." "Once long, long ago in a not too distant place, you were born." You open it up and it says, "And now you're old." "The End"

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Dinner done. Have to go somewhere to mail my sister's birthday card because I $#@$! forgot to put it in my mailbox this morning and it has to be there Monay.

ciao

pooflady

AZGman wrote:ciao

Wait, I added more.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Dinner done. Have to go somewhere to mail my sister's birthday card because I $#@$! forgot to put it in my mailbox this morning and it has to be there Monay.

I really like this card. Sepia picture on front of a toddler in Dr. Denton's. Entitled "A Bedtime Story." "Once long, long ago in a not too distant place, you were born." You open it up and it says, "And now you're old." "The End"

//snerk

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Wait, I added more.

ciao

AZGman

AZGman wrote:ciao

or more accurately, g'night.

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

love it!

I bought one today for my friend that shows two Shih Tzus on the front and when ya open it up it says something about 'thought you'd like to know I give two Shihtz about your birthday'

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:or more accurately, g'night.

gnite AZ

sorry I disappeared - I took a nap, and when I woke up decided to go out and pull some of the plants under cover so I still have some posies after the freeze tonight. Then hadda feed the herd and do med rounds.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Lynnzoi wrote:love it!

I bought one today for my friend that shows two Shih Tzus on the front and when ya open it up it says something about 'thought you'd like to know I give two Shihtz about your birthday'

cute.

I don't generally get around to sending cards when I buy them..... so I stopped buying them.

Signing class was good. Orc is getting better and now I'm struggling to remember the new stuff. //sigh why couldn't someone have thought to teach the partially deaf kid sign language while he was a kid?

Seriously, if anyone has a kid diagnosed with a hearing issue make them take sign language classes!!!! You never know when things will get worse, plus they will be able to communicate with the deaf community which can give them support and job options.

Ver1 is going to a sleepover. I want to go to sleep. Probably won't for a while. and I still want to hear why poof's couch doctor shouldn't be contributing to the gene pool!

Beware the V'owls screech!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:cute.

I don't generally get around to sending cards when I buy them..... so I stopped buying them.

Signing class was good. Orc is getting better and now I'm struggling to remember the new stuff. //sigh why couldn't someone have thought to teach the partially deaf kid sign language while he was a kid?

Seriously, if anyone has a kid diagnosed with a hearing issue make them take sign language classes!!!! You never know when things will get worse, plus they will be able to communicate with the deaf community which can give them support and job options.

Ver1 is going to a sleepover. I want to go to sleep. Probably won't for a while. and I still want to hear why poof's couch doctor shouldn't be contributing to the gene pool!

He isn't the only one.
A women at the dog park has two deaf kids. We only found this out a few months ago.
Her oldest is going to college. Bio major with the hope for med school.
He is taking signing classes. He must have gone deaf older. He can talk.
The younger son signs. Which is even odder. You would think if one kid signed, the whole family would.
I know I'm missing something here.
I'll have to ask her.
Since she didn't tell us any of this for over a year, I'm a little hesitant to ask.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

My brother in law Capt Stein of the FDNY

http://watch.discoverychannel.ca/daily-planet/september-2011/daily-planet---september-09-2011/#clip529438

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Did everyone go to bed?

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
AZGman wrote:I can remember daj and cruzer whining like babies when Texas was getting ice-stormed out a few years ago!!!

That would have been during one of our 2 week winters.

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Did everyone go to bed?

no

pooflady

Iceback wrote:no

Big plans for the weekend?

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Big plans for the weekend?

I have a small project @ work tomorrow morning then Mrs. Ice's uncle is coming up on the commuter train to visit her dad so we'll be visiting while he's here. Other than that not a whole bunch.

You?
What was the story with the couch Dr.? I take it he didn't fix the break.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:I have a small project @ work tomorrow morning then Mrs. Ice's uncle is coming up on the commuter train to visit her dad so we'll be visiting while he's here. Other than that not a whole bunch.

You?
What was the story with the couch Dr.? I take it he didn't fix the break.

Couch doctor came up with extensive (and expensive) plan that would involve just about dimantling the couch. Husband said, why don't you just bolt a solid board over the broken one and maybe put two legs in the center instead of just one. "Oh, that would probably work." Of course, didn't have anything to do that with with him (even had to go back to his van to get a tape measure). He'll call us. That was Wednesday.

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Couch doctor came up with extensive (and expensive) plan that would involve just about dimantling the couch. Husband said, why don't you just bolt a solid board over the broken one and maybe put two legs in the center instead of just one. "Oh, that would probably work." Of course, didn't have anything to do that with with him (even had to go back to his van to get a tape measure). He'll call us. That was Wednesday.

Sounds like an easy/reasonable fix. Maybe something you could tackle yourself.

We've been getting a steady, badly needed rain all evening. The weather people say we need about 17" just to break the drought.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:Sounds like an easy/reasonable fix. Maybe something you could tackle yourself.

We've been getting a steady, badly needed rain all evening. The weather people say we need about 17" just to break the drought.

Probably could. If he never calls back, probably will. Although it'd be better if he brought another leg and installed it.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

See you all tomorrow!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:See you all tomorrow!

Didn't see you much today. Are you getting a life?

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:He isn't the only one.
A women at the dog park has two deaf kids. We only found this out a few months ago.
Her oldest is going to college. Bio major with the hope for med school.
He is taking signing classes. He must have gone deaf older. He can talk.
The younger son signs. Which is even odder. You would think if one kid signed, the whole family would.
I know I'm missing something here.
I'll have to ask her.
Since she didn't tell us any of this for over a year, I'm a little hesitant to ask.

Orc's worn hearing aids since he was 8. He had a little radio the teacher spoke into so he could hear clearly in class. He had speech therapy, not once did anyone think, gee it'd probably be good if he could sign too. Heck he's been writing (mostly in email and facebook, but starting his own blog now) to his Mom and sister and they have no clue about all the stuff he can't hear.

Didn't go to bed, just coloring with Ver2.

Beware the V'owls screech!

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

klozitshoper

Lynnzoi wrote:love it!

I have a problem somewhat depending upon who is asking - dog is a combo shih tzu & lhasa(know I spelled it wrong) apso. Then, what is she? Lhasa shihtz or shihtz lhasa? I find myself saying that I don't know.

Iceback

Good morning all.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Boone is lovely but chilly. We took a wrong turn and came in at Blowing Rock. Kloset have you read the Mitford series? I look for those landmarks every time I come up here. We used to have director's meetings at Chitolah and on the App State campus. Fund raiser starts at 7:30 so I have to get moving. Enjoy this wonderful weather!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
pooflady wrote:Night all. Tomorrow.

Poof, you can buy legs at Home Depot. Depending upon the style of your couch they just might work. We broke a couch moving into the first condo. Hubby and a guy working upstairs fixed it.

AZGman

Mornin', folks.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby