Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Golly, what a long day!

SO and the eldest left at 9 this morning to go camping tonight. First time I've been 'alone' with either kid for more than a couple hours. We watched movies, did some shopping, worked with fish tanks a bit, and played with playdough.

I'm not sure which of us is tireder. She's in bed, I'm debating making biscuits and cooking the sausage for tomorrow's breakfast. I really should clean the kitchen.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Golly, what a long day!

SO and the eldest left at 9 this morning to go camping tonight. First time I've been 'alone' with either kid for more than a couple hours. We watched movies, did some shopping, worked with fish tanks a bit, and played with playdough.

I'm not sure which of us is tireder. She's in bed, I'm debating making biscuits and cooking the sausage for tomorrow's breakfast. I really should clean the kitchen.

It will just get dirty again.

I cleaned the house before hubby came home from this business trip on Wed. It is dirty again.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I'm watching a show about puppies on animal planet.
Rusty is interested.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:I leash looks bad on a toddler, but those pre verbal walkers need one in a crowd.

We had some backpacks with the leash things for the girls. We mostly used them in crowded places where people might grab them. The girls loved them. I guess I should find them again. He's not preverbal, he talks a ton, but he's not so good at listening and he thinks running off is a hoot!

Beware the V'owls screech!

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:It will just get dirty again.

I cleaned the house before hubby came home from this business trip on Wed. It is dirty again.

Got all the dishes either washed/dried and away or in the dishwasher, made the biscuits and fried up the sausage for brekkie tomorrow, so will just need to warm the sausage, make gravy, fry up the potatoes.

And yeah, everything just gets dirty again--but I really try to have things clean and tidy. Clear counters are a good thing.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Just watched a movie on On Demand - Takers - cast looked good. I spent about two hours and I did not understand a word or follow the plot. What a waste.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:that bad huh? At least The Help would be a decent rental. Immediately after you feel like it was a really good movie, but after you think about it you realize that it's nothing new at all and you really didn't learn as much as you thought you did and many of the characters are very one dimensional, making some ideas hard to grasp.

I didn't look at it as a documentary, but as an entertaining book. Maybe the movie was different. What were you expecting to learn? What ideas?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Iceback wrote:This is a phrase that sounds like it could be dirty but it's not.

kdccrosby

klozitshoper wrote:Just watched a movie on On Demand - Takers - cast looked good. I spent about two hours and I did not understand a word or follow the plot. What a waste.

I lost 2 hours on "Don't be afraid of the dark" today. I feel your pain.

Some teengers came 3/4 the way through and were talking right behind us. I thought about making them shush, then realized I didn't really care and pulled out my phone and played a game. (which I wouldn't have done if there had been anyone close enough to us that I would disturb)

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:I didn't look at it as a documentary, but as an entertaining book. Maybe the movie was different. What were you expecting to learn? What ideas?

Not really expecting to learn anything although it would have been nice to know more of the maid characters lives. It all felt like something I'd seen before. Like I'd already watched the movie in the past, except in this one Henry wasn't developed other than to get the feeling that he should be. It was all but impossible to believe Skeeter was friends with the local girls. It was nice for a story of courage and noticing something and doing something about it, but the character development was lacking.

I would hope the book is better, it's a pretty good sized book and I'd imagine not all of it is in the movie. I'd still rent the movie, but I don't think I'd recommend seeing it in the theater, but for a lazy afternoon, it can still yank on the emotions and Skeeter's story is good.

Beware the V'owls screech!

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.
It's trying to rain this morning but the real rain is supposed to arrive late this afternoon with possibly golfball sized hail and 75 mph winds....or not.

In the end only kindness matters

kdccrosby

Iceback wrote:Good morning all.
It's trying to rain this morning but the real rain is supposed to arrive late this afternoon with possibly golfball sized hail and 75 mph winds....or not.

We had quite the rainstorm overnight. Woke me up about 3:30. It didn't last long, and the power actually stayed on despite flickering several times.

We may get some more rain today too. YAY

I don't want the hail and wind with that. Just the rain.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

Morning.
Leaving for PA Tues. for a couple of weeks. B-i-l's falling more so I'll be there until sister can start working at home. I guess my role will simply be to call 911 if he falls.

Mavyn

Morning!

Sigh...

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Morning.
Leaving for PA Tues. for a couple of weeks. B-i-l's falling more so I'll be there until sister can start working at home. I guess my role will simply be to call 911 if he falls.

Oh man. That sounds kind of stressful. Why is he falling?

are you taking us with you?

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Hi everybody. Going to Bj's - have a coupon. The last time I went I lived up north and did not care for it. Just something to do on a bright and sunny day. The car needs to hit the interstate!

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:Oh man. That sounds kind of stressful. Why is he falling?

are you taking us with you?

I'll use their computer.

pooflady

Where can I buy different seasons of a TV show on DVD besides Amazon?

AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Morning.

You are a good sister.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

Hi!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Hi!

hi

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:hi

Anything exciting happen today?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Is there a way to print your Favorites with their URLs? or even just print the favorites? I really don't want to transfer them to their computer.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Is there a way to print your Favorites with their URLs? or even just print the favorites? I really don't want to transfer them to their computer.

You need to find TT.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Anything exciting happen today?

noop

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:noop

Me neither.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

holmesdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages holmesdog
pooflady wrote:Where can I buy different seasons of a TV show on DVD besides Amazon?

I've bought lots of DVDs from: http://www.deepdiscount.com/

You can look for the best deals here: http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/

pooflady

holmesdog wrote:I've bought lots of DVDs from: http://www.deepdiscount.com/

Thanks, Holmes.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

holmesdog wrote:I've bought lots of DVDs from: http://www.deepdiscount.com/

So, you lurk and then post once a year?????????

Nice to see you!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Is there a way to print your Favorites with their URLs? or even just print the favorites? I really don't want to transfer them to their computer.

do you need it printed out? if you have a usb/thumb drive, you can export your favourites to a file and copy this file to your thumb drive. stick this drive into the usb port of another computer and open the file using the browser on that computer. your favourites will show up as a list of links on a web page.

AZGman

It's a little early, but with nothing happenin', I'll play catch up on my ZZZzzZZZs!!

ciao.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:do you need it printed out? if you have a usb/thumb drive, you can export your favourites to a file and copy this file to your thumb drive. stick this drive into the usb port of another computer and open the file using the browser on that computer. your favourites will show up as a list of links on a web page.

Write that with step-by-step instructions and I think you've solved her problem. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

holmesdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages holmesdog
dontwantaname wrote:So, you lurk and then post once a year?????????

Nice to see you!

Guilty as charged!

I've been lurking on a daily basis since I ceased to be a regular participant. I've vicariously celebrated PWA member's victories, mourned their losses and have kept up with the general goings-on in this thread.

Thank you for the warm welcome back. I'm not sure if I'll again be a regular contributor, as I was in the past, but know that I will continue to keep up with the goings-on of the very interesting people who populate this thread.

holmesdog

no1

ThunderThighs wrote:Write that with step-by-step instructions

the people, they understand you much, much better.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

^^ you just be lazy ^^

Still waiting for the rain. By in large the storms look like they're passing to our north.

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

no1 wrote:do you need it printed out? if you have a usb/thumb drive, you can export your favourites to a file and copy this file to your thumb drive. stick this drive into the usb port of another computer and open the file using the browser on that computer. your favourites will show up as a list of links on a web page.

Since I don't know what a usb/thumb drive is, I doubt if I have one.

Son suggested going to each Favorite, copying the URL and pasting it into a Word document and emailing it to myself.

no1

pooflady wrote:Since I don't know what a usb/thumb drive is, I doubt if I have one.

Son suggested going to each Favorite, copying the URL and pasting it into a Word document and emailing it to myself.

export as before, email the file to yourself.