Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Taking a break from making salsa. Standing and chopping peppers is a lot of work! Getting ready to cut the corn off the cob and chop onions, cilantro, and tomatoes, and lime enough for the salsa and beer.

SO is clearing the garage so we can get cars inside, JIC, but so far it's just overcast and the occasional sprinkle. Not expecting much, it looks like we're outside the 'zone' completely now.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Josephus wrote:pretty light rain here too. very little wind. thankfully, there are pictures of the hurricane, or I would never suspect it coming.

The local news nerds are running out of anything new to say.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:The local news nerds are running out of anything new to say.

That happened yesterday.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

Hi folks! How is everyone this afternoon?

AZGman

zea3 wrote:Hi folks! How is everyone this afternoon?

Howdy!! Fine for now. You?

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Everyone still dry? No news service here so unless I go load up a website I don't have a clue what's happening with Irene.

Was supposed to be camping today, but friends we were going with never told us the plans and now it's really too much work to bother. So friend's wife is all P.O'd with me, but Orc has forbidden me to talk with her since she is being completely juvenille (leaving me a voice mail saying that if I can't -read her mind- that she isn't going to bother talking to me, then typed a manifesto on how I'm an incompetent female dog on G+, to which Orc is replying about how she kept changing plans and wasn't willing to work with anyone and I don't know what else.

So on to getting stuff ready for pictures, and quite frankly the kids are too tired to even drive out to the woods. Everyone needs a day in, so maybe her mood is our savior.

Dname - I hope you survive the Huricane Mom.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

zea3

AZGman wrote:Howdy!! Fine for now. You?

I'm doing o.k. I've had a decent couple of days, able to talk to the soon-to-be-ex a couple of times without sinking into a deep depresion afterwards, so I hope this means I've turned a corner emotionally.

Are you getting any of the hurricane?

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:That happened yesterday.

Still happening.

AZGman

zea3 wrote:I'm doing o.k. I've had a decent couple of days, able to talk to the soon-to-be-ex a couple of times without sinking into a deep depresion afterwards, so I hope this means I've turned a corner emotionally.

Are you getting any of the hurricane?

Mostly rain - getting harder; wind is up a bit more now.

zea3

KtCallista wrote:Everyone still dry? No news service here so unless I go load up a website I don't have a clue what's happening with Irene.

Was supposed to be camping today, but friends we were going with never told us the plans and now it's really too much work to bother. So friend's wife is all P.O'd with me, but Orc has forbidden me to talk with her since she is being completely juvenille (leaving me a voice mail saying that if I can't -read her mind- that she isn't going to bother talking to me, then typed a manifesto on how I'm an incompetent female dog on G+, to which Orc is replying about how she kept changing plans and wasn't willing to work with anyone and I don't know what else.

So on to getting stuff ready for pictures, and quite frankly the kids are too tired to even drive out to the woods. Everyone needs a day in, so maybe her mood is our savior.

Dname - I hope you survive the Huricane Mom.

Hi KTC! Yeesh! Who needs friends like that! Hope it all calms down soon.

zea3

AZGman wrote:Mostly rain - getting harder; wind is up a bit more now.

After Ike I'm pretty gunshy on the hurricanes, but we could really use the rain down here. This summer has been brutal.

AZGman

zea3 wrote:After Ike I'm pretty gunshy on the hurricanes, but we could really use the rain down here. This summer has been brutal.

Understandable!

KtCallista

zea3 wrote:Hi KTC! Yeesh! Who needs friends like that! Hope it all calms down soon.

I'm glad you are doing so much better, Zea! Staving off depression pits is amazing progress!

The "friend" situation is a long story starting with needing a fourth for doubles pool back before we had kids, and resulted in our best friend (the third for pool) sleeping with a girl I only knew in passing and eventually deciding he (in his own words) "would never be able to do any better" so he married her. We agreed that once they were married we would not do anything to try to drive them apart, so now she's a friend. No I don't need friends like that, but I hate to alienate a good friend I've known for 14 years who stood with us on our wedding day because he married her.

zea3

KtCallista wrote:I'm glad you are doing so much better, Zea! Staving off depression pits is amazing progress!

The "friend" situation is a long story starting with needing a fourth for doubles pool back before we had kids, and resulted in our best friend (the third for pool) sleeping with a girl I only knew in passing and eventually deciding he (in his own words) "would never be able to do any better" so he married her. We agreed that once they were married we would not do anything to try to drive them apart, so now she's a friend. No I don't need friends like that, but I hate to alienate a good friend I've known for 14 years who stood with us on our wedding day because he married her.

It still hurts like crazy, but I have decided not to be a victim. The wh**e he left me for is a professional victim (in my opinion). All the horrible things in her life just "happened" to her. Nothing was ever her fault. I don't believe it for a minute. But I digress...

You know and love people, like your friend, and then they make choices that have you shaking your head in bewilderment. The day may come where you have to consider letting the friendship fade away just to keep things from becoming really ugly.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

continued light rain. light wind, very light. more continuous than before.

KtCallista

zea3 wrote:It still hurts like crazy, but I have decided not to be a victim. The wh**e he left me for is a professional victim (in my opinion). All the horrible things in her life just "happened" to her. Nothing was ever her fault. I don't believe it for a minute. But I digress...

You know and love people, like your friend, and then they make choices that have you shaking your head in bewilderment. The day may come where you have to consider letting the friendship fade away just to keep things from becoming really ugly.

Yeah, probably. If we move it will clearly happen simply by geography and in my head I havve acknowledged that. He's still awesome, and my kids love him, but he's not in charge of his life, he just drifts through it on the path of least resistence (meaning he doesn't make the plans, he just goes where pointed and would probably only know bed and work if someone didn't tell him to do something else). I'm stepping back from this one. If she wants to keep being irrational and blaming me for not planning her weekend, then I don't think i will be allowed to do anything. Orc has ordered me to step back - which is a very unusal thing for him to do, which carries a lot of significance, and I'm going to honor that. From your opinion, I think it is the smart thing to do.

As for moving, yes we are talking about where we would like to go if my job ends. Which since it's a grant, it may well.

KtCallista

Josephus wrote:continued light rain. light wind, very light. more continuous than before.

rain drops keep fallin' on my head

AZGman

A tad heavier rain here, but it alternately lightens and intensifies; wind is steadier at about 10 mph.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Hi everybody. Had a nice looooooong lunch with a friend on a restaurant patio that was delightful today. Not hot, not humid, nice breeze. I had a breakfast burrito! Came home and had a nap.

Have bunches of work but granddaughters #1 and 2 are coming for the night, so.....

Zea, glad you're able to face things a little better. Must be really hard.

KtC, seeing a friendship disintegrate really hurts.

East Coasters - keep us posted, please.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Hi everybody. Had a nice looooooong lunch with a friend on a restaurant patio that was delightful today. Not hot, not humid, nice breeze. I had a breakfast burrito! Came home and had a nap.

Have bunches of work but granddaughters #1 and 2 are coming for the night, so.....

Zea, glad you're able to face things a little better. Must be really hard.

KtC, seeing a friendship disintegrate really hurts.

East Coasters - keep us posted, please.

We just went out for coffee before the rain starts again.
Even DD is closing early.

So far we are suppose to get rain and a storm surge on the coast that doesn' t sound like it was worth evacuating all sorts of people for.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:We just went out for coffee before the rain starts again.
Even DD is closing early.

So far we are suppose to get rain and a storm surge on the coast that doesn' t sound like it was worth evacuating all sorts of people for.

I hope you are right!

Glad you were able to go out while the going out was nice.

Mavyn

Raining off and on here. Can see the 'swirl' in the clouds, giant sweeping curve from north to west to south. Pretty cool. Otherwise, nothing, not ever a breeze. But we're well out of the hurricane, this is just the clouds being pushed in front of Irene. Supposed to pick up and get windier tonight.

Pizza for dinner--testing a new dough recipe. Made the dough on Wednesday, let it cold rise in the fridge. Very easy to work with, and tastier on last night than it was Thursday. We make little pizzas, just enough to both get a taste.

Edit to add: KTC...I had a couple that I camped with, similar issues. They called, said 'let's divide up meals, you get one breakfast, one lunch, one dinner for everyone, we'll get the same'. Ok, asked how many people, shopped accordingly...then got there and discovered they'd invited 2 more couples. Ugh. I brought enough everyone could have seconds, but still, rude to bring more and not say!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Hi. haven't read back

hope everyone east coast is doing ok

kdccrosby

zea3 wrote:After Ike I'm pretty gunshy on the hurricanes, but we could really use the rain down here. This summer has been brutal.

hyuk - I have my hurricane supplies ready, which means you and I won't get one.

Edit: Ktc- sometimes you have to lose one friendship because another is toxic, and therefore the one you value becomes toxic too

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I bought some cheese curds yesterday. I've never had them. Are you supposed to do something to them or just eat them as is?

Miss Muffett

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

yay

latest forecast for us is 8-11 inches of rain with tropical storm gusts.

I know there are folks who are gittin it worse but I still gotta whine. I mean, c'mon...look how far I am from the damn ocean and all.

AZGman

Update: Still raining.

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:I bought some cheese curds yesterday. I've never had them. Are you supposed to do something to them or just eat them as is?

Miss Muffett

Mmmm, cheese curd! I put them in salads, toss them with pasta with garlic and olive oil, batter and fry them, or just eat them plain or with crackers.

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:hyuk - I have my hurricane supplies ready, which means you and I won't get one.

Edit: Ktc- sometimes you have to lose one friendship because another is toxic, and therefore the one you value becomes toxic too

I guess so. I hate losing a guy I'm so close to over this. We went a year and half not talking the last time his wife (then girlfriend) threw one of her, "I'm so right and whatever you say doesn't matter" tantrums.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:Mmmm, cheese curd! I put them in salads, toss them with pasta with garlic and olive oil, batter and fry them, or just eat them plain or with crackers.

Next time I get cheese curds I'm trying the garlic and oil you recommend, that sounds good!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
kdccrosby wrote:hyuk - I have my hurricane supplies ready, which means you and I won't get one.

Mixed feelings here. If y'all get a hurricane I would be very concerned for your safety, on the other hand it would mean we would at least get the much needed rain portion.

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I trust this guy with my teeth???

My brother in law took his kid to school in Wisconsin
He drove back so he could check on his boat.
He is in a mandatory evacuation area .
His house is on the bay. His lawn floods with heavy rain.
His house is supposably 10 feet high. Bull, no way.

He is staying in the house.
Like he can hold back the tide???

His business and the school his wife teaches in are off the same bay. About a half mile from the water.

So if that bay floods, everything goes with it. House, boat and way to make a living.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

Looks like Virginia Beach is getting a lot of wind and rain.

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:I trust this guy with my teeth???

My brother in law took his kid to school in Wisconsin
He drove back so he could check on his boat.
He is in a mandatory evacuation area .
His house is on the bay. His lawn floods with heavy rain.
His house is supposably 10 feet high. Bull, no way.

He is staying in the house.
Like he can hold back the tide???

His business and the school his wife teaches in are off the same bay. About a half mile from the water.

So if that bay floods, everything goes with it. House, boat and way to make a living.

So he won't know dentistry if he loses his house, boat, and office?

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:I bought some cheese curds yesterday. I've never had them. Are you supposed to do something to them or just eat them as is?

Miss Muffett

I think just eat them.

The idea of squeaky cheese creeps me out. Let me know how they are

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:So he won't know dentistry if he loses his house, boat, and office?

won't matter if his house floats away with him in it.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:won't matter if his house floats away with him in it.

Fool.

Didn't learn anything from the new orleans relatives

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

Miss Muffett

One word: Poutine
Trust me

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kdccrosby wrote:I think just eat them.

The idea of squeaky cheese creeps me out. Let me know how they are

They are really good, is howthey are. just sayin'

Iceback

Miss Muffett

You have always struck me a a person that would have a plan before buying something...