joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! My Mom seemed worse last night so I stayed at the nursing home with her. She seemed better this morning so I came home to take a nap. Sigh... now I'm too wired up to sleep. The people that work at the nursing home are fabulous. I really, really think you have to have a gift from God to be able to work in health care. God bless them.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Good morning all. I hope you have a most wonderful Wednesday.

Today's high will be 86. Tomorrow's will be 54.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I'm sending good wishes your way Joyner and Ice.

Morning folks.
Guys came to shut off the sprinkler system. Took less than 5 minutes.
I wonder what it will cost next year? It was free this year.
Less than 5 minutes...if they have a lot of houses in the area, it should be cheap.
I bet it isn't.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good morning everyone.

Ice, sounds like things are improving. That's good. Will he have to have in-home care?

Joyner, nothing I can say. (((hugs)))

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Just reading back. Joyner and ice, I hope things continue to improve.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! My Mom seemed worse last night so I stayed at the nursing home with her. She seemed better this morning so I came home to take a nap. Sigh... now I'm too wired up to sleep. The people that work at the nursing home are fabulous. I really, really think you have to have a gift from God to be able to work in health care. God bless them.

I know only too well and agree. Sending positive, prayerful thoughts to you.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Sending good thoughts to Joyner and ice!

The morning weather report from Seattle: Cooler temperatures have swooped in, with reports of below freezing early this morning by locals. While today's high of 50 is clearly not enough to break out the Big Coat Advisory, commuters are personally advised to bundle up as we're dipping below 40 at night now.

In sports, fantasy football reports and weekly summaries are over on deals, if you feel like traveling elsewhere.

In strange and unusual content news, here are some posts you may have missed.

And that's inky with the morning update!

I'm just hanging out, really.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
inkycatz wrote:Sending good thoughts to Joyner and ice!

The morning weather report from Seattle: Cooler temperatures have swooped in, with reports of below freezing early this morning by locals. While today's high of 50 is clearly not enough to break out the Big Coat Advisory, commuters are personally advised to bundle up as we're dipping below 40 at night now.

In sports, fantasy football reports and weekly summaries are over on deals, if you feel like traveling elsewhere.

In strange and unusual content news, here are some posts you may have missed.

And that's inky with the morning update!

Please, please, please let there be a bit of warmth and a poking out of the sun next week when I am up there. I just don't have the right attiitude or clothing.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

The roofing guy called this morning.
Someone was suppose to call us.
The small job is next week.
Good. I didn't want to have to find a new roofing guy. This was the 3rd guy we called and the only one who actually came.

The next door guys were fast and the property was clean when they left, but they didn't overlap the tar paper, or waterproof barrier (which ever they used.)
They would put a piece up. Single over it to inches from the end and then put on a new piece.
It should have about a foot overlap, not an inch.

O MY G!!!!
The price is right is giving away a Robospian!!!!
Remember them? From bags of crap back in 05/06?????

I got one in my first bag back in Jan 2006! It is sitting behind the recliner in the living room.

It 's tail is broken, because there was NO packing around it in the box from woot. I bet he was just fine when he was put in that box.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

The Robosapian was the winning showcase showdown.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

inkycatz

klozitshoper wrote:Please, please, please let there be a bit of warmth and a poking out of the sun next week when I am up there. I just don't have the right attiitude or clothing.

Layers. That's all you need to know.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
inkycatz wrote:Layers. That's all you need to know.

She should take chickens??

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Jeeze, opening news story was someone tied up and killed a old lady to steal her TV and jewelry .

The 70's are back in NYC.

Plus, since the kids (20 somethings) grew up in a unrealistically safe time, it is going to be hard to adjust.

As in, I picked up my daughter at 2am from the train when she was in college. Lots of people getting off. Normal looking people.

When I was that age, we never went into the city at night, because it was unsafe to come home. You just didn't get on public transportation after rush hour.

Now it is becoming more and more like it was in the 70's.

Last week....a shooting ended up killing a pregnant mom waiting for her kids to get out of the grade school.
The shooting had nothing to do with the school, but bullets travel.

My high school closed after guns were the weapon of choice. Suddenly you had to worry about a problem blocks away. Not just where you are. The school was in a bad area. Guns were the straw that broke the camels back.

Why the hell were most of the Catholic high schools in bad areas?
All the ones that were easy to get to were.

So far this is all happening in lower income areas, but it will spread.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Jeeze, opening news story was someone tied up and killed a old lady to steal her TV and jewelry .

The 70's are back in NYC.

Plus, since the kids (20 somethings) grew up in a unrealistically safe time, it is going to be hard to adjust.
As in, I picked up my daughter at 2am from the train when she was in college. Lots of people getting off. Normal looking people.
When I was that age, we never went into the city, because it was unsafe to come home. You just didn't get on public transportation after rush hour.
Now it is becoming more and more like it was in the 70's.

Last week....a shooting ended up killing a pregnant mom waiting for her kids to get out of the grade school.
The shooting had nothing to do with the school, but bullets travel.

My high school closed after guns were the weapon of choice. Suddenly you had to worry about a problem blocks away. Not just where you are. The school was in a bad area. Guns were the straw that broke the camels back.

Why the hell were most of the Catholic high schools in bad areas?
All the ones that were easy to get to were.

So far this is all happening in lower income areas, but it will spread.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Gloom, despair, and agony on me

Yep.

But give it a whole bunch of years, it will turn around again!

Heck, personally it is working out to be a good day.

Water guys came on time.
Roofing guy called.
It shouldn't rain until I get home from the dog park.
All the old people are normal for them today.
No emergency calls from the kids.

Son even got strep and went to the doctor and paid his own copay and medicine bill! Although I bet the meds were cheap. I'm betting a Zpack or whatever they call it.

o my g, there is hope!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Heck, personally it is working out to be a good day. ... Son even got strep ... !

o my g, there is hope!!!

yay strep!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:yay strep!

Heck, it is curable.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Gloom, despair, and agony on me

Great, now I've got that song in my head. Thanks.

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:Great, now I've got that song in my head. Thanks.

oops.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:The roofing guy called this morning.
Someone was suppose to call us.
The small job is next week.
Good. I didn't want to have to find a new roofing guy. This was the 3rd guy we called and the only one who actually came.

The next door guys were fast and the property was clean when they left, but they didn't overlap the tar paper, or waterproof barrier (which ever they used.)
They would put a piece up. Single over it to inches from the end and then put on a new piece.
It should have about a foot overlap, not an inch.

O MY G!!!!

I got one in my first bag back in Jan 2006! It is sitting behind the recliner in the living room.

It 's tail is broken, because there was NO packing around it in the box from woot. I bet he was just fine when he was put in that box.

The one I got was in perfect shape. Even had all the batteries in it (and it took a lot of batteries). Still have it. Grandkids play with it. One granddaughter memorized the dance it did and danced with it.

pooflady

Woo-hoo! After days, nay, weeks, of trying to understand husband's company's new insurance and how it ties into Medicare for him, and shortly for me, it's all been explained and I don't have to do anything!!! Happy dancing - swirling - jumping - laughing - skipping about the room. (Headache's disappearing)

inkycatz

pooflady wrote:Woo-hoo! After days, nay, weeks, of trying to understand husband's company's new insurance and how it ties into Medicare for him, and shortly for me, it's all been explained and I don't have to do anything!!! Happy dancing - swirling - jumping - laughing - skipping about the room. (Headache's disappearing)

That's fantastic. Insurance stuff is so complicated sometimes (and by sometimes I mean all the time).

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:
O MY G!!!!

Wait! Robosapians didn't have tails. What are you talking about? Did you have a raptor?

pooflady

The thermometer says 71, but it sure doesn't feel like that.

no1

pooflady wrote:The thermometer says 71, but it sure doesn't feel like that.

you don't look a day over 60.

pooflady

no1 wrote:you don't look a day over 60.

Thanks, that's the nicest thing that's been said to me today.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Insurance companies blame the health care providers, the health care providers blame insurance--the whole thing is a mess.

Ugh...today is almost done, right?

Right?!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

inkycatz

Mavyn wrote:

Right?!

It is going faster than yesterday, thankfully.

no1

inkycatz wrote:It is going faster than yesterday, thankfully.

time flies when you're having rum.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Insurance companies blame the health care providers, the health care providers blame insurance--the whole thing is a mess.

Right?!

Unfortunatley, no. I have another 180 pages to read before day is done and I just DON'T FEEL LIKE IT!

Trying to decide if a pot of coffee or a nap would be better.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

inkycatz wrote:That's fantastic. Insurance stuff is so complicated sometimes (and by sometimes I mean all the time).

Right now all we do is tell the people who deal with the insurance company to deal with it.
That dept reports to hubby.
Not looking forward to when hubby retires and we have to do it.

At one point, one of the women in the dept knew all of Daughters problems. That way she could pretend to be Daughter on the phone!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Right now all we do is tell the people who deal with the insurance company to deal with it.

At one point, one of the women in the dept knew all of Daughters problems. That way she could pretend to be Daughter on the phone!

Sounds like fraud to me!

Afternoon, folks.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Right now all we do is tell the people who deal with the insurance company to deal with it.

I have a very low voice and I can pretend to be husband with no problem. Even when I'm not, I have a lot of people calling me "sir" on the phone.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:I have a very low voice and I can pretend to be husband with no problem. Even when I'm not, I have a lot of people calling me "sir" on the phone.

Sounds like fraud to me!

Afternoon, folks.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Sounds like fraud to me!

Afternoon, folks.

prefix:
Afternoon Gman

Subject 1:
Rusty thinks it is dinner time and is pacing from the cabinet with his food, to the food dish.

He has been doing this for over a 1/2 hour now.

Subject 2:

The whole insurance privacy laws are bull. A neighbor does insurance billing and she said she sees people she knows bills all the time.

If they want real privacy they need to send the billing out of state, or at least far away.

Subject 3:
How is Emmi doing? We haven't had a report in awhile.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:prefix:
Afternoon Gman

Subject 1:
Rusty thinks it is dinner time and is pacing from the cabinet with his food, to the food dish.

He has been doing this for over a 1/2 hour now.

Subject 2:

The whole insurance privacy laws are bull. A neighbor does insurance billing and she said she sees people she knows bills all the time.

If they want real privacy they need to send the billing out of state, or at least far away.

Subject 3:
How is Emmi doing? We haven't had a report in awhile.

1. dogs can't tell time.

2. who cares?

3. she's making steady progress and is in good spirits.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:1. dogs can't tell time.

2. who cares?

3. she's making steady progress and is in good spirits.

1. All animals can tell if it is dinner time.
Maybe Flash doesn't like food.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:1. All animals can tell if it is dinner time.
Maybe Flash doesn't like food.

Fool. All animals know when they're hungry.

Flash gets fed every day at 5 pm. But he starts waiting by the pantry where his food is at 3 pm every day

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Fool. All animals know when they're hungry.

Flash gets fed every day at 5 pm. But he starts waiting by the pantry where his food is at 3 pm every day

So what would happen if you fed him at 3?

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

((((Joyner)))) I hope you manage to get rest and take care of yourself during this trying time.

Ice, glad you have some good news. Making the bathroom more accessible is probably wise, good thing Uncle thought of it.

Yay for Emmi!

I hate dealing with insurance, I hate worse not having it and trying to deal with doctors. Why fix anything if you can blame someone else for it, after all we are all victims here (don't believe it spend a week at an elementary school where the Art teacher gets reprimanded for stopping a fist fight in his class because "My son would NEVER throw a punch, you must be lying")

You call for Orc, you can just forget it. You want to talk to him you schedule it so he can have his captioning system turned on (it automatically turns off, kind of a pain) or you make a time for him to see you in person. If you call you get me, end of story. I don't like because I hate dealing with people on the phone, but there it is.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.