Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Totally random question:

What's up with the handset cord on the phone on my desk? All I ever do is pick up and put down the handset a few times a day. no office chair acrobatics, no bemused twirling while on hold, no fiddling while I talk. And yet somehow, that dang cord is always tangling itself up into knots. WTH?

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Turken wrote:Totally random question:

What's up with the handset cord on the phone on my desk? All I ever do is pick up and put down the handset a few times a day. no office chair acrobatics, no bemused twirling while on hold, no fiddling while I talk. And yet somehow, that dang cord is always tangling itself up into knots. WTH?

I've often wondered that myself!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Turken wrote:Totally random question:

Physics.
Same applies to a slinky.

move along

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

If I'm walking and not paying attention, because of my phone, headphones or general 'my head is in the clouds' reason... And I trip and bust my A$$.

It's my own dang fault. Just saying.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I'm not sure what's worse, the fact I know there's a cha-cha version of "Careless Whisper" or that I know exactly where to find it.

I'm just hanging out, really.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Hi all, still alive.

Dad is going to get all the pre-radiation stuff for his cancer done in the next couple weeks. He's opted for 9 weeks of daily low dose radiation. Just so you who got to know him know.

Later all.

Last Post

Beware the V'owls screech!

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:Hi all, still alive.

Dad is going to get all the pre-radiation stuff for his cancer done in the next couple weeks. He's opted for 9 weeks of daily low dose radiation. Just so you who got to know him know.

Later all.

Last Post

Prayin' for all y'all!

Turken

Woot!

just had a nice long conversation with a former prof and got some excellent tips on how to make hollow glass microspheres for one of my projects. really excited to get in the lab and try it out, but first gotta go requisition some special equipment and wait for it to come in...

hate waiting. but wait it must be. sigh.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Prayin' for all y'all!

Thanks GMan!

Sounds cool Turken, and now you wait....

AZGman

Turken wrote:Woot!

just had a nice long conversation with a former prof and got some excellent tips on how to make hollow glass microspheres for one of my projects. really excited to get in the lab and try it out, but first gotta go requisition some special equipment and wait for it to come in...

hate waiting. but wait it must be. sigh.

What a coincidence! I was just making a batch of those in the oven the other night!!

Turken

AZGman wrote:What a coincidence! I was just making a batch of those in the oven the other night!!

turns out the secret ingredient is empty beer bottles! I'm not a drinker though, so if anyone wants to help out and put down a few in the name of science...

AZGman

Turken wrote:turns out the secret ingredient is empty beer bottles! I'm not a drinker though, so if anyone wants to help out and put down a few in the name of science...

I happened to have several on hand just for that reason!

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

AZGman - back to my question to you yesterday which you did not answer. Before I join the group who smacks, wups you, did you call me a Bonehead?

AZGman

klozitshoper wrote:AZGman - back to my question to you yesterday which you did not answer. Before I join the group who smacks, wups you, did you call me a Bonehead?

Are you channeling d'name? What are you talking about?

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:I happened to have several on hand just for that reason!

Well Yay!

Sorry Turken, no beer here. I guess GMan will have to pick up my slack.

AZGman

AZGman wrote:Are you channeling d'name? What are you talking about?

And don't threaten me.

klozitshoper

AZGman wrote:Are you channeling d'name? What are you talking about?

You called me a bonehead yesterday when I asked if you were OK. Or it could have been the general crowd where you were. It was not clear.

klozitshoper

AZGman wrote:And don't threaten me.

ooooh I did not see that before I answered your question. Touchy today, are we. OK you are officially off of my "to be concerned with" and next big event, I will not even think of how you are doing. In fact, you are now off my radar.

AZGman

klozitshoper wrote:You called me a bonehead yesterday when I asked if you were OK. Or it could have been the general crowd where you were. It was not clear.

D'name II.

I was referring to the news blatherers.

AZGman

klozitshoper wrote:ooooh I did not see that before I answered your question. Touchy today, are we. OK you are officially off of my "to be concerned with" and next big event, I will not even think of how you are doing. In fact, you are now off my radar.

Okay.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Later all.

Last Post

Can he have the radiation close to home? We have to go over the mountain, through the woods and cross the river to get to radiation. Keep us posted. You know we care!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Introduced to a couple new stores by granddaughter #2 today. XXIforever and H&M. Met two other grandmothers in XXIforever bemoaning the fact there was no place to sit down while grandkids shopped. And I introduced granddaughter to The Cheesecake Factory. We had to each bring half our dinners home because we had potstickers and I had lemoncello torte and she had fresh strawberry cheesecake. Didn't mind the prices except for the $2.95 for a Dr. Pepper.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

joyner

pooflady wrote:Introduced to a couple new stores by granddaughter #2 today. XXIforever and H&M. Met two other grandmothers in XXIforever bemoaning the fact there was no place to sit down while grandkids shopped. And I introduced granddaughter to The Cheesecake Factory. We had to each bring half our dinners home because we had potstickers and I had lemoncello torte and she had fresh strawberry cheesecake. Didn't mind the prices except for the $2.95 for a Dr. Pepper.

I'm pretty sure we wandered through xxiforever the last time daughter2 had her mall fix. Cheesecake factory yum.

pooflady

joyner wrote:I'm pretty sure we wandered through xxiforever the last time daughter2 had her mall fix. Cheesecake factory yum.

I'm not real fond of cheesecake, but they have a hell of a menu. So hard to decide. Granddaughter got chicken marsala and it looked scrumptious. I don't know how she did it, she had fettucini alfredo at Olive Garden earlier.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

On Outbacks website they are giving away one million free steak dinners if anyone is interested.

joyner

pooflady wrote:I'm not real fond of cheesecake, but they have a hell of a menu. So hard to decide. Granddaughter got chicken marsala and it looked scrumptious. I don't know how she did it, she had fettucini alfredo at Olive Garden earlier.

The same day! Good grief!

pooflady

lplady wrote:On Outbacks website they are giving away one million free steak dinners if anyone is interested.

Got one. Not the closest, but not too far. Too bad I'm not real impressed with Outback.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
pooflady wrote:Got one. Not the closest, but not too far. Too bad I'm not real impressed with Outback.

My son likes it so I got it for him. To me the best thing there is the blooming onion and their bread.

Suddenly tired, think I'm turning in early.

Good luck getting last post all you last post triers.

Good night.

pooflady

lplady wrote:My son likes it so I got it for him. To me the best thing there is the blooming onion and their bread.

Suddenly tired, think I'm turning in early.

Good luck getting last post all you last post triers.

Good night.

Wonder where Cruzer is.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Wonder where Cruzer is.

Not here, that is for sure.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

KtC. Saying a prayer for your Dad.

East Coasters you too are in my prayers especially D'name 'cause it looks like they're predicting Irene is going to hit L.I. directly.

In the end only kindness matters

KtCallista

---ignore, my internet wasn't working, looked like no people were posting.---

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Spammer on WOW.

Thanks.

I check all the time and they wait for me to leave!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Later all.

Last Post

He's in my thoughts, KtC.

KtCallista

joyner wrote:Can he have the radiation close to home? We have to go over the mountain, through the woods and cross the river to get to radiation. Keep us posted. You know we care!

At first we didn't think so, but apparently there is. He can go to the local hospital, but the overseeing doctor will be coming down from Seattle.

Thanks all for your prayers and well wishes.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:KtC. Saying a prayer for your Dad.

East Coasters you too are in my prayers especially D'name 'cause it looks like they're predicting Irene is going to hit L.I. directly.

They have days left to change their minds.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:At first we didn't think so, but apparently there is. He can go to the local hospital, but the overseeing doctor will be coming down from Seattle.

I sure local is much better.
The guy next door did that this winter. He was thinking of walking to the hospital in the snow.

I'll be praying for him.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:They have days left to change their minds.

Does the storm actually listen if they change their minds?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I smell fart.
The dog isn't in the room
I know it wasn't me
Do ghost fart?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

whole lotta wind
itty bit of rain

and of course no power. Was out for a little over 2 hours. Although from what I understand there is still a lot of folks without it.

I'm glad mines back on!