ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Give her a new monkey.
i just took Rustys back. I have to cut the screaming box out for him to have it full time.

She doesn't understand the concept of playing. I guess nobody played with her when she was a pup.

Monkey was a special toy for Trixie (and now Evil Cat). It gets put away when we're done playing with it so they can't chew the rubber hose arms/legs.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
ThunderThighs wrote:Howdy folks. How was your Monday?

sucked

brakes went on my jeep - need to replace brake line

and I just finished bathing the big red MORON dog - he caught the north end of a south-bound skunk. Actually caught and killed it. Mouthful of skunk juice, had to flush his eyes (they got a big hit), and then pulled out my second-favorite skunk remedy. Rinsed him with de-odorizer twice, then bathed him, then de-skunked him with vinegar/baking soda. Coat smells ok (or so I am told - I can't smell skunk) but his breath - yikes - his panting just fills the room with eau d'skunk.

And altho I cannot usually smell skunk, when I went out to call Mo in, I could taste some chemically substance when he got near me. And when we picked up the skunk carcass, I smelled something kinda bad - but not as horrid as my friend described!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Lynnzoi wrote:sucked

brakes went on my jeep - need to replace brake line

and I just finished bathing the big red MORON dog - he caught the north end of a south-bound skunk. Actually caught and killed it. Mouthful of skunk juice, had to flush his eyes (they got a big hit), and then pulled out my second-favorite skunk remedy. Rinsed him with de-odorizer twice, then bathed him, then de-skunked him with vinegar/baking soda. Coat smells ok (or so I am told - I can't smell skunk) but his breath - yikes - his panting just fills the room with eau d'skunk.

And altho I cannot usually smell skunk, when I went out to call Mo in, I could taste some chemically substance when he got near me. And when we picked up the skunk carcass, I smelled something kinda bad - but not as horrid as my friend described!

Ok, I think you just won the award for this week's Suckiest Monday. Maybe the month.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Lynnzoi

ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, I think you just won the award for this week's Suckiest Monday. Maybe the month.

gee....and I don't even have a speech prepared

at least Santana didn't get in on the fun. And JoeyCockerSpaniel wasn't even outside at the time of the stinkfest. Can't even imagine having to deal with three stinky mutts.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, I think you just won the award for this week's Suckiest Monday. Maybe the month.

Agree.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

At least the stinkyiest.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:gee....and I don't even have a speech prepared

at least Santana didn't get in on the fun. And JoeyCockerSpaniel wasn't even outside at the time of the stinkfest. Can't even imagine having to deal with three stinky mutts.

Just wondering....did he learn anything? Or will he do it again the next time he sees a skunk?

Because dogs don't seem to have any concept of cause and effect.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

dontwantaname wrote:Just wondering....did he learn anything? Or will he do it again the next time he sees a skunk?

Because dogs don't seem to have any concept of cause and effect.

I dunno. He has never gotten nailed by a skunk. But he took a really good (bad?) hit from this one - his eyes were running and burning, and the taste in his mouth I can only imagine. I do know that dogs that get quilled by porcupines are quite often 'repeat offenders'. My first Irish Setter once grabbed a toad and immediately dropped it when he tasted that nasty squirt, and from then on would immediately shake his head and start drooling whenever he saw a toad. Lets hope that this reddog puts 2 and 2 together as far as skunks are concerned!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:I dunno. He has never gotten nailed by a skunk. But he took a really good (bad?) hit from this one - his eyes were running and burning, and the taste in his mouth I can only imagine. I do know that dogs that get quilled by porcupines are quite often 'repeat offenders'. My first Irish Setter once grabbed a toad and immediately dropped it when he tasted that nasty squirt, and from then on would immediately shake his head and start drooling whenever he saw a toad. Lets hope that this reddog puts 2 and 2 together as far as skunks are concerned!

Hopefully!

Or you need to go to costco and buy lots of big bottles of hydrogen peroxide!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
joyner wrote:Never let your teenager talk you into going to the mall on a cloudy day at the beach! It was like Christmas Eve/Black Friday all rolled into one.

LPlady you might try the Percy Jackson series. I loved it and I seem to have regressed to a 10 year old!

I <3 <3 <3 Percy Jackson! Ok, Rick Riordan the author I like his Egyptian series as well (Red Pyramid & Throne of Fire) wasn't sure if they were 10 year old friendly, but I guess they are on the same level as the first couple Harry Potter books.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

Watching Brian Williams on Letterman. He's hilarious.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista

Alright, I've gotta admit it, I need some Fenstar type advice.... (no offense to Fen, but it's the kind of thing he usually asks.) Tonight my dad told me he has cancer, but it's supposed to be not that bad and completely curable and he's sure it will all turn out ok and he goes on to list these guys he knows that have had it and been fine and so on and that he won't really know anything for at least another week. Well, when people drop this stuff on me out of nowhere, I'm not sure what to say, especially on the phone while my attention is divided watching my kids. So I asked if he was still able to travel as they are coming to help out in two days with painting the house. He said he would be able to and talk sort of shifted to this coming week....

Well my mom called me tonight and part of our conversation was that my Dad doesn't think I care that he has cancer. I still can't even fully wrap my head around it. So he'll be here in two days and she wants me to say something to him to let him know I care, even though there will be no new info by then and there really won't be anything more pragmatic to talk about. So what kind of stuff do I say? I mean it's not like I can do anything for him. I'm not going to be down there, odds are I'll be stuck here because of Ver1 being in school for most everything, although I could leave the kids with Orc and go help him if he needs. I do care! I just don't have anything to really say on the matter.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Alright, I've gotta admit it, I need some Fenstar type advice.... (no offense to Fen, but it's the kind of thing he usually asks.) Tonight my dad told me he has cancer, but it's supposed to be not that bad and completely curable and he's sure it will all turn out ok and he goes on to list these guys he knows that have had it and been fine and so on and that he won't really know anything for at least another week. Well, when people drop this stuff on me out of nowhere, I'm not sure what to say, especially on the phone while my attention is divided watching my kids. So I asked if he was still able to travel as they are coming to help out in two days with painting the house. He said he would be able to and talk sort of shifted to this coming week....

Well my mom called me tonight and part of our conversation was that my Dad doesn't think I care that he has cancer. I still can't even fully wrap my head around it. So he'll be here in two days and she wants me to say something to him to let him know I care, even though there will be no new info by then and there really won't be anything more pragmatic to talk about. So what kind of stuff do I say? I mean it's not like I can do anything for him. I'm not going to be down there, odds are I'll be stuck here because of Ver1 being in school for most everything, although I could leave the kids with Orc and go help him if he needs. I do care! I just don't have anything to really say on the matter.

Within a short time of his arrival you make some private time and ask him for more details, more in-depth information, and also explain that you couldn't do this on the phone because the kids were interrupting you so you opted to wait until he got there. Also ask if he's sure he's up to doing the painting and whatever else he has scheduled there.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:Alright, I've gotta admit it, I need some Fenstar type advice.... (no offense to Fen, but it's the kind of thing he usually asks.) Tonight my dad told me he has cancer, but it's supposed to be not that bad and completely curable and he's sure it will all turn out ok and he goes on to list these guys he knows that have had it and been fine and so on and that he won't really know anything for at least another week. Well, when people drop this stuff on me out of nowhere, I'm not sure what to say, especially on the phone while my attention is divided watching my kids. So I asked if he was still able to travel as they are coming to help out in two days with painting the house. He said he would be able to and talk sort of shifted to this coming week....

what is your relationship with him usually like? you could just give him a big ol' hug and tell him you love him and stuff. you could be honest and tell him you're at a loss for words yadda yadda yadda.

KtCallista

no1 wrote:what is your relationship with him usually like? you could just give him a big ol' hug and tell him you love him and stuff. you could be honest and tell him you're at a loss for words yadda yadda yadda.

yeah, the hug thing might be the best.

My dad and I were a lot closer when I was younger. Mostly we talk about projects we are doing and what the kids are doing. Neither of us really talks on the phone to each other. Neither of us really talks on the phone much to anyone.

Poof - unfortunately, this is a worsening of a rather personal condition he has expanded on in great detail for most of the 15 years he's been afflicted by it. It's also in a rather not publicly discussed gland. I think I'll try to ask him what road he is thinking of taking... I don't know if that will frustrate him or not, but maybe if I ask while we are playing with the paint gun it'll be easier. We always talked best while working on stuff together.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:yeah, the hug thing might be the best.

My dad and I were a lot closer when I was younger. Mostly we talk about projects we are doing and what the kids are doing. Neither of us really talks on the phone to each other. Neither of us really talks on the phone much to anyone.

Poof - unfortunately, this is a worsening of a rather personal condition he has expanded on in great detail for most of the 15 years he's been afflicted by it. It's also in a rather not publicly discussed gland. I think I'll try to ask him what road he is thinking of taking... I don't know if that will frustrate him or not, but maybe if I ask while we are playing with the paint gun it'll be easier. We always talked best while working on stuff together.

Hugs are always in order.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Hugs are always in order.

Yes, I tend to be a hugger. I won't forget the hug. So much for the fun working together like old times weekend.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.
KtC - prayers for your father's speedy recovery.

Gman Best wishes on your first day!

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Cloudy again.
Lynn: Good grief!
KtC: Hugs are always a good way to start any conversation.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

morning, y'all.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning!

SO's bday today, have to wrap gifts from me and the kids. Busy evening (boy scout class of some sort) so we'll go for a nice dinner this weekend--burgers and dogs with kids tonight, I think.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Morning all.

G'man - is today the day? GOOD LUCK!

Lynn - award for stinkiest Monday definitely goes to you.

Ktc - Hugs and being honest that you had to take time to process and didn't know what to say would probably work.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

pooflady

//banging head against wall//
When Woot gave me the crab shirt a while back that I didn't want, Mayvn did so I had it sent to her. Forgot to change the address in my account. She's going to get by Bundle of Crops today! Wah!
//continuing to bank head against wall//

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks.

Best of luck!
Hope you love it!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote://banging head against wall//
When Woot gave me the crab shirt a while back that I didn't want, Mayvn did so I had it sent to her. Forgot to change the address in my account. She's going to get by Bundle of Crops today! Wah!

Doh!

You just realized?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
pooflady wrote://banging head against wall//

Aww, that sucks. Maybe Mayvn will send you a bunch of cookies, probably better than the crappy crap she'll get. lol At least now you know why it was sent to West Virginia.

Thanks for the suggestion Joyner and everyone else. I ordered last night but will keep the others in mind for later in the year.

Oh and good morning.

//wonders if AZ will be blocked at work and become a Chunder peep

lplady

AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks.

Hmm, I should have read back prior to posting.

Anyone know if this was a home or work posting?
I don't remember what he said his work hours were.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Warning:
The following is a useless rant about stuff that nothing can be done about.

I give up with this sleep thing.
Last week I slept all night. Straight through.
Last night, it felt like I didn't sleep at all, but I know that isn't true. But still! What a pia! I must have woke up 5 times an hour or more.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

Good morning!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

zea3 wrote:Good morning!

Good morning!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

lplady

dontwantaname wrote:Warning:
The following is a useless rant about stuff that nothing can be done about.

I give up with this sleep thing.
Last week I slept all night. Straight through.
Last night, it felt like I didn't sleep at all, but I know that isn't true. But still! What a pia! I must have woke up 5 times an hour or more.

Maybe because of the caffeine in the chocolate that you ate yesterday.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

lplady wrote:Maybe because of the caffeine in the chocolate that you ate yesterday.

How can you say anything bad about chocolate????

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

lplady

dontwantaname wrote:How can you say anything bad about chocolate????

Who says caffeine is bad? Doubt people lined up at Starbucks would agree with that.

pooflady

zea3 wrote:Good morning!

Hi Zea.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

Hi Poof, hi D'name. How are y'all?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

zea3 wrote:Hi Poof, hi D'name. How are y'all?

OK. Nice weather.
Mom day.
Gotta walk Rusty before I go.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

lplady

Hi Zea!

Work to do. toodles

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
zea3 wrote:Hi Poof, hi D'name. How are y'all?

Hiya Zea!