dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:Good noontime East Coast time folks. Cloudy today - rain? Thought maybe yesterday, but just an evening shower. Going to dentist to see what is wrong with new crown on tooth that started aching again. Need Poof's cookies to help sweeten the deal! Oh yeah, that's right, she's going to be with REAL PEOPLE.




How are we real? You have a green head and a tiger tail!


Ugh, Pblgov's wife posted the kill list from the kill shelters in NYC on facebook.
They only give the animals 3 days. Some are old and sick, but there was a few young, healthy dogs with no major behavior issues.
The list comes out every day.

I wonder if the rescue I went to checks the list? I'm sure there are a few dogs a week that are totally fine and adoptable.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:How are we real? You have a green head and a tiger tail!



i don't think you're real. i think you are a computer pogrom.

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
no1 wrote: computer pogrom.



Is that a virus from Moscow?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:i don't think you're real. i think you are a computer pogrom.




We know you are.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:We know you are.



i am rubber and you are glue.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Hello friends. Went to Kroger and did m-i-l's shopping, too hot for her to go out. Went to Bob Evans and picked up lunch for us. Balanced her checkbook and filled her pillbox. Went to Kroger to do my shopping. I think I'm going to have to have a half hour nap. Then it's make a huge bowl of antepasto, two batches of chocolate chip cookies, and a sheet cake.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Questions:

1. If you have the oven going in the kitchen so the kitchen gets hot, even with the ceiling fan on, will it help to have the stove exhaust fan on or not?

2. Do you use parchment paper more than once for a tray of cookies?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:Questions:

1. If you have the oven going in the kitchen so the kitchen gets hot, even with the ceiling fan on, will it help to have the stove exhaust fan on or not?

2. Do you use parchment paper more than once for a tray of cookies?



Nrs 1 & 2. No.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Questions:

1. If you have the oven going in the kitchen so the kitchen gets hot, even with the ceiling fan on, will it help to have the stove exhaust fan on or not?



heck if i know. on first glance, tho, if the exhaust fan is pushing (warm) house air out of your house to the outside, where is fresh air coming in? is that air warmer or cooler than the air being exhausted out?

pooflady wrote:2. Do you use parchment paper more than once for a tray of cookies?



i don't see what difference paper would make in eating cookies!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Nrs 1 & 2. No.



Thank you.

Damn! Set the oven timer on the second tray of cookies for 10 hours instead of 10 minutes. Caught them just in time.

Finally, found out how to make chocolate chip cookies like I used to. For years mine have been falling flat no matter what I did.

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/185/Nestle-Toll-House-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies

They look beautiful and taste great. A little crisp around the edges, soft inside.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:Thank you.

Damn! Set the oven timer on the second tray of cookies for 10 hours instead of 10 minutes. Caught them just in time.

Finally, found out how to make chocolate chip cookies like I used to. For years mine have been falling flat no matter what I did.

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/185/Nestle-Toll-House-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies

They look beautiful and taste great. A little crisp around the edges, soft inside.



I'm drooling over here!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
AZGman wrote:Nrs 1 & 2. No.



If it vents outside, I disagree. If it doesn't, then this is correct.
Why can't you reuse parchment?

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
j5 wrote:If it vents outside, I disagree. If it doesn't, then this is correct.
Why can't you reuse parchment?



It can't vent more hot air than produced by the oven, even if it's side by side.

And, bake some some chocolate chip cookies and learn.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
dontwantaname wrote:How are we real? You have a green head and a tiger tail!


Ugh, Pblgov's wife posted the kill list from the kill shelters in NYC on facebook.
They only give the animals 3 days. Some are old and sick, but there was a few young, healthy dogs with no major behavior issues.
The list comes out every day.

I wonder if the rescue I went to checks the list? I'm sure there are a few dogs a week that are totally fine and adoptable.



The REAL PEOPLE are the folks that Poof is visiting and making the goodies for. Gosh, I was not referencing a rescue group - I am one so to speak.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
AZGman wrote:It can't vent more hot air than produced by the oven, even if it's side by side.

And, bake some some chocolate chip cookies and learn.



I see you are surviving. happy I hope?

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
klozitshoper wrote:The REAL PEOPLE are the folks that Poof is visiting and making the goodies for. Gosh, I was not referencing a rescue group - I am one so to speak.



DWAN: But I do have a pretty green head covering and red hat with tassels. What's not so real about that? I realize I do not convey the same beauty that Rusty does. He is gorgeous. I, you see, am a cat if you look closely enough - the ice cream cone is a decoy to tempt dogs.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:DWAN: But I do have a pretty green head covering and red hat with tassels. What's not so real about that? I realize I do not convey the same beauty that Rusty does. He is gorgeous. I, you see, am a cat if you look closely enough - the ice cream cone is a decoy to tempt dogs.



It appears that you are a penguin in the middle.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:It can't vent more hot air than produced by the oven, even if it's side by side.

And, bake some some chocolate chip cookies and learn.




So?

How was today?

If you were a dog, would you want to go back into the building tomorrow?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:It appears that you are a penguin in the middle.



aren't we all?

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Looks like Zea's going to get some rain.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:So?

How was today?

If you were a dog, would you want to go back into the building tomorrow?



It was a day. I'll let you know what I want to share when I'm ready to share. Until then, you may no longer interrogate me.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Another blast from the PWAst.

Cya!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Thank you.

Damn! Set the oven timer on the second tray of cookies for 10 hours instead of 10 minutes. Caught them just in time.

Finally, found out how to make chocolate chip cookies like I used to. For years mine have been falling flat no matter what I did.

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/185/Nestle-Toll-House-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies

They look beautiful and taste great. A little crisp around the edges, soft inside.



That was the recipe we always used except we used butter flavored crisco instead of butter.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

T

dontwantaname wrote:How are we real? You have a green head and a tiger tail!


Ugh, Pblgov's wife posted the kill list from the kill shelters in NYC on facebook.
They only give the animals 3 days. Some are old and sick, but there was a few young, healthy dogs with no major behavior issues.
The list comes out every day.

I wonder if the rescue I went to checks the list? I'm sure there are a few dogs a week that are totally fine and adoptable.



That is a truly horrifying number. People are turning animals in because they can no longer afford the food and most particularly the vet expenses. The shelters around here often have "free" adoptions for senior citizens = and of course, they too are among a group who cannot walk into a vet's office and spent a couple of hundred bucks.

Dayem, the rainbird sensor must be broken again. Sprinklers just went on and we had one heck of a downpour with amazing lightning this afternoon. Night all. Over and out.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Looks like Zea's going to get some rain.



not much.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:That was the recipe we always used except we used butter flavored crisco instead of butter.



You used more flour and sifted it? I haven't sifted anything in probably 20 years. Will now.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:You used more flour and sifted it? I haven't sifted anything in probably 20 years. Will now.



I used the amount of flour on the bag. Sometimes sifted, sometimes didn't.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:It was a day. I'll let you know what I want to share when I'm ready to share. Until then, you may no longer interrogate me.



You call that an interrogation?????

What a pia!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
AZGman wrote:It can't vent more hot air than produced by the oven, even if it's side by side.


Maybe you have superior knowledge of the configuration.
But
Depending on the vent hood, and the location of the oven (mine vents right under the hood) it can absolutely suck the heat out. Besides, it doesn't have to vent all of it, any amount vented is less that has to be cooled by the A/C.

I'll take your word on the parchment paper, I don't bake.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:You used more flour and sifted it? I haven't sifted anything in probably 20 years. Will now.



Let me know how much flour you end up using and how they turn out.

I usually used 2 1/4 cups unsifted.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:T

That is a truly horrifying number. People are turning animals in because they can no longer afford the food and most particularly the vet expenses. The shelters around here often have "free" adoptions for senior citizens = and of course, they too are among a group who cannot walk into a vet's office and spent a couple of hundred bucks.

Dayem, the rainbird sensor must be broken again. Sprinklers just went on and we had one heck of a downpour with amazing lightning this afternoon. Night all. Over and out.



The rescue Rusty came from was pushing the local humane society dogs for weeks. The town kennel was full. I don't know what they do then. Would they put the less adoptable dogs down?



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:Let me know how much flour you end up using and how they turn out.

I usually used 2 1/4 cups unsifted.



I always just did what it said on the bag.




WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:I always just did what it said on the bag.



I did that from the time I was first married. Then about 10 years ago, they all started going flat. I tried going back to margarine instead of butter, that didn't work. I tried chilling, that didn't work.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I did that from the time I was first married. Then about 10 years ago, they all started going flat. I tried going back to margarine instead of butter, that didn't work. I tried chilling, that didn't work.



They know it is faster and cheaper to just go buy some.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:Let me know how much flour you end up using and how they turn out.

I usually used 2 1/4 cups unsifted.



The site I posted above somewhere is how much flour I used sifted. And they're beautiful. Like I told AZ, a little crisp around the edges, but soft and chewy in the center.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
pooflady wrote:Thank you.

Damn! Set the oven timer on the second tray of cookies for 10 hours instead of 10 minutes. Caught them just in time.

Finally, found out how to make chocolate chip cookies like I used to. For years mine have been falling flat no matter what I did.

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/185/Nestle-Toll-House-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies

They look beautiful and taste great. A little crisp around the edges, soft inside.



Did you add more flour? The site was fascinating.
edit: I read back. Answered my question already.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
kdccrosby wrote:That was the recipe we always used except we used butter flavored crisco instead of butter.



Sacrilege!

In the end only kindness matters

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Iceback wrote:Sacrilege!



seems like it would be. But it is GREAT in peanut butter cookies. My step-mom makes the BEST peanut butter cookies.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

My feet hurt. Done for tonight.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:My feet hurt. Done for tonight.



From making cookies?

What about a rolling chair?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.