dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

j5 wrote:crap!
rolled 1000 and didn't even get to savor it.

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR NEWEST POST WHORE, J5!!!!!!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks.

Afternoon grumpy!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Good morning all.

Back went out yesterday morning before I even got out of the bedroom, so I sat most of the day with people helping me in and out of a chair when I HAD to get up. Walking bent over. So one of the kids going home last night brought me home so I could sleep in my recliner. I tried a bed there and it just wasn't working, plus I couldn't cope with all the stairs. Reasonably decent night here, but for some reason, really tired. Nap time.

Oh dear. That isn't good.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Spent the entire night dreaming about feathers and kittens.

Feathers because I got all new pillows a year or two ago at costco.
Feather pillows start to break down and now mine are getting a little too soft.
I have one that I bought that ended up being way too hard. It seems if you ordered them online from costco they came in soft med and hard. In the store they didn't say.
I never brought it back.
I keep thinking I need to cut it open (just a slit) and put some of it's feathers in the two that are getting too soft. That should cure all three pillows problem.
But I haven't done it yet.

Spent ALL night dreaming about doing it.

Kittens: the three kittens were playing in my yard late last night. The security light went on and I was watching them.
When I wasn't dreaming feathers, I was dreaming about making the kittens domestic .
Of course Scratchy destroyed stuff while he has been here. So I think every cat you bring into the house will destroy something different.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Hello again.
Thank heavens I didn't take all the cookies camping.
Congratulations J5! You're no longer a probationary member of PWA.

When son and d-i-l saw the rc helicopter I got in the Bundle of Crops they said that'd make a terrific Christmas present for either grandson. Checked and they cost @ $32. So did good. Gave little grandson the T-shirt and d-i-l the bag. The flowering tea thingie (that's just weird) will be a white elephant present at Christmas. I wonder if KT is still kayaking and would like the water gloves. Husband will play with the topsy-turvy strawberry thing. So probably the second best Bundle of Crops ever.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Hello again.
Thank heavens I didn't take all the cookies camping.
Congratulations J5! You're no longer a probationary member of PWA.

When son and d-i-l saw the rc helicopter I got in the Bundle of Crops they said that'd make a terrific Christmas present for either grandson. Checked and they cost @ $32. So did good. Gave little grandson the T-shirt and d-i-l the bag. The flowering tea thingie (that's just weird) will be a white elephant present at Christmas. I wonder if KT is still kayaking and would like the water gloves. Husband will play with the topsy-turvy strawberry thing. So probably the second best Bundle of Crops ever.

Congrats Poof!

Congrats J5 - you Post Whore, you!

I haven't read back past this page, so if I missed stuff and someone would be so nice as to PM it to me....

Thoroughly exhausted. Dad, Orc, Mom, and I all got a ton done on the house. We weren't ready, they were early, but we "exceeded expectations" with how much we'd gotten done. I am going to claim that as a win! Dad and I talked a bit, but nothing direct. I did give him a hug and rub his back and tell him how great it was that we could work together and get this stuff done. I also kept trying to make sure he didn't overdo it.

He was impressed with my ceiling even though it has one big problem (well see-able problem, not structural problem). They loved my new lights and were really impressed with how inexpensive they were. (I got them installed about 2 am before they arrived.) Still have a little trim to do on the outside. Dad left me one of his texture guns and a little air compressor and told me to have fun doing my walls.

It was a good, albeit short visit. The kids loved having them here even if we were all working.

Have to finish cleaning out my friend's apartment today now that all her stuff and family is safely in Arizona. Then I need to finish the last of the trim on the house. And I have to get up on the crap ladder and do the front one more time (that's the highest point from the ground as I live on a hill). Everything else Orc or I can reach with the short ladder that Dad left.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Hope your back mends swiftly, poof.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

Hope your back mends swiftly, poof.

Yeah, me, too. It's been 3 1/2 years since the last time it happened and it's not starting out as bad, so maybe....

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Yeah, me, too. It's been 3 1/2 years since the last time it happened and it's not starting out as bad, so maybe....

Crossing all my crossables for you.

So, other than your back bailing out on you, how was the place/weekend?

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Crossing all my crossables for you.

So, other than your back bailing out on you, how was the place/weekend?

For the next two generations it was great. My age group -- from the driveway to the first floor, about 15 stairs. From the first floor to where our bedrooms were, about 20 stairs. Living in a ranch for 40+ years, it was too much. Husband and I were both having knee problems. I never made it to what they called the "princess tower" where there was another bedroom. And of course the driveway level was where the lake and boats and so on were. Oh, well. Other than that, the people were fun.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:For the next two generations it was great. My age group -- from the driveway to the first floor, about 15 stairs. From the first floor to where our bedrooms were, about 20 stairs. Living in a ranch for 40+ years, it was too much. Husband and I were both having knee problems. I never made it to what they called the "princess tower" where there was another bedroom. And of course the driveway level was where the lake and boats and so on were. Oh, well. Other than that, the people were fun.

Glad there was an up side!!

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Knock, knock. Can I come in from garage yet! Awww Poof, so very sorry for the back problem. I was hoping you had a wonderful time. Keeping fingers crossed that it will be all better tomorrow.

NO answer so I escaped to ruin more word games (I hope not).

AZGman

Evenin', anybody.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:
I keep thinking I need to cut it open (just a slit) and put some of it's feathers in the two that are getting too soft. That should cure all three pillows problem.
But I haven't done it yet.

Or ...just a thought....you could just buy new pillows.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

Back to early bedtimes; ciao.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
AZGman wrote:Back to early bedtimes; ciao.

Have a good evening Gman.

I have to go to Fort Worth for some continuing ed tomorrow so no Monday off. I'll take this Friday instead as I'll probably be working Saturday and Sunday anyway.

The high temperatures this week will be from 105-110 every day so any break from field work is going to be welcomed!

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Back to early bedtimes; ciao.

How early will they let you start?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Nobody? Again?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:How early will they let you start?

He said before he starts at 8:30. Since it only takes 20 minutes, I doubt if an earlier start is necessary.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:He said before he starts at 8:30. Since it only takes 20 minutes, I doubt if an earlier start is necessary.

Then he dumped us!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:He said before he starts at 8:30. Since it only takes 20 minutes, I doubt if an earlier start is necessary.

Feeling any better?
Did the family come home yet?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Gotta love Suzie on Curb your Enthusiasm

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Feeling any better?
Did the family come home yet?

Don't feel any better, it takes days to start improving. Actually, this evening, feel sort of yucky. (Yes, that's a medical term.) Husband got home around 5.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Don't feel any better, it takes days to start improving. Actually, this evening, feel sort of yucky. (Yes, that's a medical term.) Husband got home around 5.

Yucky on top of the backache?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Yucky on top of the backache?

Yeah. Back doesn't hurt if I'm sitting down, just walking. Can't stand completely upright. So not generally in pain.

klozitshoper

Hi, Ladies.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Yo ho ho. How goes it?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yeah. Back doesn't hurt if I'm sitting down, just walking. Can't stand completely upright. So not generally in pain.

Well, if you double up on illnesses, you can save time.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Yo ho ho. How goes it?

Hi Klozit.

Daj. Are you feeling better?

klozitshoper

HI TT - have you been away? From the PT thingy that is.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Yo ho ho. How goes it?

It is almost scary to ask this....How are you?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Hi Klozit.

Daj. Are you feeling better?

I'm only going to admit to ok at this point. Fevers are gone. Still eating with care even though it never was really a GI thing there was nausea and pain if I ate. And I tire quickly. I picture a mid-day nap for me tomorrow at work.

Sorry about your back. I remember the last time with the chiropractor practically crawling on top of you.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

klozitshoper

TT and DAJ one and the same I assume. So sorry you are not feeling well. Geeze, I stop by here a couple of times a day - how did I miss the fact that you were sick.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:TT and DAJ one and the same I assume. So sorry you are not feeling well. Geeze, I stop by here a couple of times a day - how did I miss the fact that you were sick.

It was more on twitter than here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm only going to admit to ok at this point. Fevers are gone. Still eating with care even though it never was really a GI thing there was nausea and pain if I ate. And I tire quickly. I picture a mid-day nap for me tomorrow at work.

Sorry about your back. I remember the last time with the chiropractor practically crawling on top of you.

Did they decide it was just a bladder infection (I know, "just" isn't right), or was there something else, too?

I think I'm going to skip the chiropractor this time. I'm not convinced he really does any good.

klozitshoper

dontwantaname wrote:It was more on twitter than here.

I don't have a phone - I do, but it is not the kind you can text with. Really old, plain, and simple - the phone, not me - oh, er, maybe . . . . . . .

ThunderThighs

Staff

klozitshoper wrote:TT and DAJ one and the same I assume. So sorry you are not feeling well. Geeze, I stop by here a couple of times a day - how did I miss the fact that you were sick.

Yes, my previous moniker was started with daj. I tend to keep some of the personal stuff off here plus I felt so crappy I could only manage 140 characters. LOL

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

klozitshoper wrote:I don't have a phone - I do, but it is not the kind you can text with. Really old, plain, and simple - the phone, not me - oh, er, maybe . . . . . . .

I tweet, but just from the PC, not my phone.

klozitshoper

pooflady wrote:I tweet, but just from the PC, not my phone.

You can do that? I do know how to go to twitter and the persons name they use, but I can only see a few things and not ongoing stuff and I cannot answer. I will look into how to do it from the PC

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Did they decide it was just a bladder infection (I know, "just" isn't right), or was there something else, too?

I think I'm going to skip the chiropractor this time. I'm not convinced he really does any good.

It started out as a kidney infection. Once I started the antibiotics, that got better fast but then the fevers started and lasted for about 4 days. I went to the docs 3 times in all last week. The last time they ran tests on both blood and urine. White cell count was fine and urine was clearing. Doc's only guess was I got something viral which just had to run its course.

FORUM MODERATOR