Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:You can come here and gripe.
We will always listen....well read.

All I know about divorce is don't badmouth the spouse in front of the kids.
Which might be the hardest thing of all.

No kidding! Especially if the other party doesn't have any problem blabbing their twisted version of events to the kids...(not that I'm bitter).

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback

kdccrosby wrote:Let us know what you need. call him a poopyhead? done. Give a virtual hug? Also done. ((hugs))

I know some people // flattens nose with finger//...just sayin'. Theyre probably related to D'name.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

Thanks guys! Our younger two (13 & 17) don't know about the gf yet. He is supposed to keep her away from them for the first 6 months, and he is not to mention her for at least 3 months. They are not allowed to go to his apartment during this time. I do want them to have some respect for him.

zea3

On to more pleasant issues...I am looking to replace a dishwasher. I have looked at the reviews on consumer reports, but I never seem to be able to locate anywhere that sells the models they test. Anyone have any recommendations for a dependable low to mid range priced dishwasher?

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
zea3 wrote:On to more pleasant issues...I am looking to replace a dishwasher. I have looked at the reviews on consumer reports, but I never seem to be able to locate anywhere that sells the models they test. Anyone have any recommendations for a dependable low to mid range priced dishwasher?

no idea on the dishwasher - is this related to your other plumbing issues?

zea3

kdccrosby wrote:no idea on the dishwasher - is this related to your other plumbing issues?

No, this is related to sn2bx is cheap and refused to replace/repair our dishwasher for the last 5 years. I spent an hour and a half hand washing dishes last night. No more. I'll have a much easier time getting the boys to load a dishwasher than I have getting them to hand wash dishes.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
zea3 wrote:No, this is related to sn2bx is cheap and refused to replace/repair our dishwasher for the last 5 years. I spent an hour and a half hand washing dishes last night. No more. I'll have a much easier time getting the boys to load a dishwasher than I have getting them to hand wash dishes.

I have a Kenmore Elite, nine years old, no problem yet.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
zea3 wrote:On to more pleasant issues...I am looking to replace a dishwasher. I have looked at the reviews on consumer reports, but I never seem to be able to locate anywhere that sells the models they test. Anyone have any recommendations for a dependable low to mid range priced dishwasher?

We just bought a Quiet Partner III, but we didn't pay that much for it (we paid less than 400, but we can't remember exactly, and that was after taxes). It was on an overstock sale at one of the two strictly local appliance shops.

Beware the V'owls screech!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

Hi Gman. Back in the workman's groove?

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:Hi Gman. Back in the workman's groove?

Well, I'm going to work! Pretty much in a holding pattern - no space of my own or computer accounts or phone yet. Might be days to weeks before it really gels.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I have a GE quiet something III. Use CR reviews as an indicator of general model number since many stores have "exclusives" which are just fake model numbers for their store only.

Whirlpool is a good brand.

move along

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
AZGman wrote:Well, I'm going to work! Pretty much in a holding pattern - no space of my own or computer accounts or phone yet. Might be days to weeks before it really gels.

I had that when I first started one of my jobs. Could not do anything. No internet, no access to machines, no email, no nothing. I brought books with me and got a few certifications.

move along

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
AZGman wrote:no space of my own or computer accounts or phone yet.

sounds like the janitor!

Iceback

no1 wrote:sounds like the janitor!

our custodians have cell phones and computer access.

no1

Iceback wrote:our custodians have cell phones and computer access.

they got a better title too!

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Well, I'm going to work! Pretty much in a holding pattern - no space of my own or computer accounts or phone yet. Might be days to weeks before it really gels.

Uggh the dreaded period of transition, may it pass quickly.

Naps almost done, need to finish painting outside trim pieces, might could rain tomorrow. Plus Ver2 has t-ball tonight.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

My husband is nuts. He likes this weather.
It is only 89 and the humidity is average.
I cleaned up the street and sidewalk and driveway of the leaves and twigs that fell in the storm. Not perfect. Just swept and picked up the bulk.
I'm dead now. Hot. icky
I can stay out there much longer when it is snow!

Hubby always wants summer vacations. I like fall.

I'm ready for a nap!

Hot dinner too. Meatloaf. Ick. And I planned it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Hot dinner too. Meatloaf. Ick. And I planned it.

i'd eat it.

pooflady

I'd really like to complain about the heat, but then I remember how many Texans are here and know their weather is so much worse.

no1

pooflady wrote:I'd really like to complain about the heat, but then I remember how many Texans are here and know their weather is so much worse.

only one person in the world is the worst off. should we keep quiet just because we're not that person? i say complain away!

... unless it's about it being hot in the summer.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
no1 wrote:i'd eat it.

So would I

klozitshoper

zea3 wrote:No, this is related to sn2bx is cheap and refused to replace/repair our dishwasher for the last 5 years. I spent an hour and a half hand washing dishes last night. No more. I'll have a much easier time getting the boys to load a dishwasher than I have getting them to hand wash dishes.

I had a 5year old whirlpool that simply died a couple of months ago - that had replaced a 6 year old GE that had passed on prematurely. Maytag is made by Whirlpool now; Kitchaid is made by I forget whom. I purchased the least expensive Bosch - no fancy stuff at all. I am well pleased with it. Bought it at a local appliance store but same thing was available at Sears.

AZGman

I will never own/buy another GE kitchen appliance.

klozitshoper

AZGman wrote:I will never own/buy another GE kitchen appliance.

I hate it that brand names don't really mean anything any longer. Showing my age I guess.

AZGman

klozitshoper wrote:I hate it that brand names don't really mean anything any longer. Showing my age I guess.

I've never liked GE; the stuff in this house is just the last straw.

AZGman

G'night.

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:I will never own/buy another GE kitchen appliance.

I had a GE washer & dryer. They lasted 10 years. (well the dryer was still working)

Repairman was AMAZED they had lasted that long. He said the GE washer/dryers were very prone to breaking down.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:I had a GE washer & dryer. They lasted 10 years. (well the dryer was still working)

Repairman was AMAZED they had lasted that long. He said the GE washer/dryers were very prone to breaking down.

I think all I have GE is a microwave and cooktop.

zea3

My current dishwasher is a Frigidaire. It lasted a scant month longer than the warranty.
I have a Consumer Reports online subscription and I read the reviews on the stuff below $700. Most of them have terrible reviews. Does anything last anymore?

pooflady

zea3 wrote:My current dishwasher is a Frigidaire. It lasted a scant month longer than the warranty.
I have a Consumer Reports online subscription and I read the reviews on the stuff below $700. Most of them have terrible reviews. Does anything last anymore?

No. Try Epinions or just Google dishwasher reviews. I've had better luck with that than CR. Have to remember, though, that people tend to post more when they have something bad. I think for our washer and dryer, I went with the brand that had the least bad reviews.

Iceback

no1 wrote:only one person in the world is the worst off. should we keep quiet just because we're not that person? i say complain away!

... unless it's about it being hot in the summer.

It was 110 here. No idea what the heat index was.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:It was 110 here. No idea what the heat index was.

I'll bet that crowded elevator is godawful now.

no1

NEWS FLASH: HOT IN TEJAS IN SUMMER. PEEPUL IN TIZZY.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

zea3 wrote:My current dishwasher is a Frigidaire. It lasted a scant month longer than the warranty.

NO.

Plus all the new air conditioners stopped using freon and now none of them work like the old ones did. I thought it was just mine. They get cold, but don't take the humidity out of the air. So it is cold and damp.

(this is my theory, I think I am right about the freon, but maybe not. I have asked and people have noticed the same thing with newer units)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

zea3

My a/c has been running almost non-stop. July electric bill was over $300. I hate to see what August will be.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:NEWS FLASH: HOT IN TEJAS IN SUMMER. PEEPUL IN TIZZY.

Is it hot in GA?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

zea3

My boys are helping me menu plan. They have some interesting ideas as to what constitutes "healthy foods".

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

zea3 wrote:My boys are helping me menu plan. They have some interesting ideas as to what constitutes "healthy foods".

There is a lot of all or none too.

Son is vegetarian. Then not.
Totally healthy
Then a few days of hot pockets.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

no1 wrote:NEWS FLASH: HOT IN TEJAS IN SUMMER. PEEPUL IN TIZZY.

I said something to that effect the other day. But the number of above 100 temp days that North Texas has had IS abnormal