kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Morning. Last day of work before my short vacation. Leave tomorrow with Sister, Niece, Niece's boyfriend and nephew to go to San Antonio.

Riverwalk, Sea-World, The Alamo.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:Morning. Last day of work before my short vacation. Leave tomorrow with Sister, Niece, Niece's boyfriend and nephew to go to San Antonio.

That sounds like fun.

Morning all.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Iceback wrote:2) The central is working to the maximum of it's capacity. It just can't keep up to 110 degree days. I checked with others and many are having the same problem. My house is circa 1965 so the inefficient windows and lack of quality insulation aren't helping.

We had to supplement our central as well, but the house was built in 2001, and the temps are 95-101. I blame the crap builder basic undersized A/C unit. The supplemental unit has paid for itself as the electric bill dropped $100 per month after installation, and our usage for the hottest months of this year is less than any month last year.

GM all.

move along

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
kdccrosby wrote:Morning. Last day of work before my short vacation. Leave tomorrow with Sister, Niece, Niece's boyfriend and nephew to go to San Antonio.

Have a wonderful time!

klozitshoper

Good morning everyone. Have a bridge game this afternoon. Need to sharpen brain. Now that I play only sporadically, I really do need to read over the conventions before I go - every time! I love to play cards, and most of the groups/friends I play with are there to have a good time. This bridge group is serious, very serious. That makes me nervous on the way

klozitshoper

pooflady wrote:When they were doing flexible sigmoidoscopies, they did them in the office, but I've never heard of a colonoscopy in an office because of the anesthesia.

I will never know how Katie Couric had one on live TV. I had one once where the anesthesia was not working very well. All I did was yell at the doc "more pain control" - cannot imagine narrating, bloe, by blow.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Nice! Enjoy it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

klozitshoper wrote:I will never know how Katie Couric had one on live TV. I had one once where the anesthesia was not working very well. All I did was yell at the doc "more pain control" - cannot imagine narrating, bloe, by blow.

I'd really complain about that. I've never been awake.

pooflady

Just got home and found that a reporter had picked up a job and left a check and a laptop. I'm assuming the laptop is to listen to something she can't understand. I think I could probably figure out how to open it, but that's about the extent of my knowledge.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

j5 wrote:We had to supplement our central as well, but the house was built in 2001, and the temps are 95-101. I blame the crap builder basic undersized A/C unit. The supplemental unit has paid for itself as the electric bill dropped $100 per month after installation, and our usage for the hottest months of this year is less than any month last year.

GM all.

So in the end my window units aren't that bad!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:I will never know how Katie Couric had one on live TV. I had one once where the anesthesia was not working very well. All I did was yell at the doc "more pain control" - cannot imagine narrating, bloe, by blow.

I had something once with no anesthesia. They said "it will only hurt when we make a turn"
I'll never do that again! The day of fasting and prep were better than that turn!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Just got home and found that a reporter had picked up a job and left a check and a laptop. I'm assuming the laptop is to listen to something she can't understand. I think I could probably figure out how to open it, but that's about the extent of my knowledge.

Maybe the laptop is a tip!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

klozitshoper

DName - On my way out now - just checked back. Do not blame Rusty for biting the other dog. Is would be impossible for one dog not to bit another one who tried to take something out of its mouth. The other owner should not hold you or Rusty accountable on this one. I also think you were more than generous under the circumstances where you had your dog under control and the other person had the dog off-leash at first. I am totally on Rusty's side on this one. Please give him a kiss for me (top of head)

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:DName - On my way out now - just checked back. Do not blame Rusty for biting the other dog. Is would be impossible for one dog not to bit another one who tried to take something out of its mouth. The other owner should not hold you or Rusty accountable on this one. I also think you were more than generous under the circumstances where you had your dog under control and the other person had the dog off-leash at first. I am totally on Rusty's side on this one. Please give him a kiss for me (top of head)

Yeah, if I wasn't holding rusty, they would have pulled until one of them got it.
People were showing up. The dogs just run, they don't look. So summer is hard on them. If a pack of 50 to 90 lb dogs run into you, it hurts!. There are people and little kids in "their" park every night.

The other owner was fine. I just figure he is young and would think twice before going to the vet. All Rocky needs is a shot of antibiotics. The bites didn't look deep.
The other dog has had this happen before.
I think because the bulldogs have so much loose skin on their head and neck. The dogs can actually get a grip on them!

I'm sure if Rocky is OK when he gets home from work, he won't take him to the vet.

It is Frisbee and football kids fault!!!! They leave a trail of plastic water bottles when they play!!! Rusty isn't the only dog who loves them.
But he chews them up and swallows them.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Windows open for the first time in a month. Feels great.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Windows open for the first time in a month. Feels great.

I know. I can open mine. I guess I should.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Windows open for the first time in a month. Feels great.

[geek]so are you usually on a mac or are you a linux fanatic?[/geek]

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
no1 wrote:[geek]so are you usually on a mac or are you a linux fanatic?[/geek]

I think it's more remarkable that dname abandoned her mac!

Morning all so far feeling better we'll see if it lasts, just got informed that THIS WEEKEND will be wood cutting weekend. Yay, firewood widow.....

Beware the V'owls screech!

pooflady

naptime

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:naptime

Have fun!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

Get a desk yet?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Get a desk yet?

no

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:no

They must be building an extra nice one for you!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

I'm fine. How have you been?

AZGman

no complaints. g'night.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:no complaints. g'night.

Why do I need to ask how you are?
As far as I know, you are ok.

Sleep well

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Why do I need to ask how you are?
As far as I know, you are ok.

yet people ask each other that same question all the time.

klozitshoper

no1 wrote:yet people ask each other that same question all the time.

Problem is that it is a polite, non-thinking almost kind of question when you are young. When you get OLD, it is a dangerous question because you get stuck listening to a litany of stuff. Happens even if you don't ask too.
Much too easy to turn into a "can you top this"

no1

klozitshoper wrote:Problem is that it is a polite, non-thinking almost kind of question when you are young. When you get OLD, it is a dangerous question because you get stuck listening to a litany of stuff. Happens even if you don't ask too.

so i guess it was dangerous for gman to ask dname this question?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
klozitshoper wrote:Problem is that it is a polite, non-thinking almost kind of question when you are young. When you get OLD, it is a dangerous question because you get stuck listening to a litany of stuff. Happens even if you don't ask too.

I don't see why it's a problem to politely let someone tell you about what ails them (or doesn't). sometimes those monologues are very interesting.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
no1 wrote:so i guess it was dangerous for gman to ask dname this question?

Not at all. He was leaving and didn't have to read her answer when and if she posted one.

Evening PWA!

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
lplady wrote:Good evening.

Poof, sorry if I missed it when reading back but were the frozen chocolate souffles a hit with the family?

Poof, did you miss this yesterday or was the souffles so bad you didn't want to say? lol

pooflady

lplady wrote:Poof, did you miss this yesterday or was the souffles so bad you didn't want to say? lol

Yes, I missed it, sorry.
They were okay. The directions said leave out for 15 minutes before unwrapping. Too long. Five would have been enough. Kind of rich. Probably won't make again.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yes, I missed it, sorry.
They were okay. The directions said leave out for 15 minutes before unwrapping. Too long. Five would have been enough. Kind of rich. Probably won't make again.

Hello.

How are you tonight?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Hello.

How are you tonight?

I'm good. How are you? How's hubby doing?

pooflady

My Ball Blue Book (canning, freezing and preserving) was from 1998, had 120 pages. Figured it was time to get a new one. The new one has 448 pages! And I'm only going to use four or five of those pages.

no1

pooflady wrote:My Ball Blue Book (canning, freezing and preserving) was from 1998, had 120 pages. Figured it was time to get a new one. The new one has 448 pages! And I'm only going to use four or five of those pages.

i didn't realize you liked looking at blue balls.

pooflady

no1 wrote:i didn't realize you liked looking at blue balls.

I don't believe you ever asked. Got any?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I'm good. How are you? How's hubby doing?

Drinking the stuff made him itchy, but it went away. He better remember exactly what it was he took, so he doesn't take it next time.

No poop yet.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!