dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:My Ball Blue Book (canning, freezing and preserving) was from 1998, had 120 pages. Figured it was time to get a new one. The new one has 448 pages! And I'm only going to use four or five of those pages.

Why would you need a new book?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Drinking the stuff made him itchy, but it went away. He better remember exactly what it was he took, so he doesn't take it next time.

No poop yet.

o m g the poop report is expanding to the entire family!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I don't believe you ever asked. Got any?

Is it cold where he is?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
pooflady wrote:Yes, I missed it, sorry.
They were okay. The directions said leave out for 15 minutes before unwrapping. Too long. Five would have been enough. Kind of rich. Probably won't make again.

Thanks for the review. Sounds like I should pass on trying it.

Anyone have a favorite brand of bath towels?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

lplady wrote:Thanks for the review. Sounds like I should pass on trying it.

Anyone have a favorite brand of bath towels?

That is just a strange question.

But, the ones we got last year at costco were too thick and therefore take a long time to dry.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Why would you need a new book?

the newer editions incorporate recent discoveries in cosmology and string theory.

obviously.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Why would you need a new book?

Because things change. For example, your new (past 15 years or so) varieties of tomatoes don't have nearly the acid that the old varieties did, so you need to can differently.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Because things change. For example, your new (past 15 years or so) varieties of tomatoes don't have nearly the acid that the old varieties did, so you need to can differently.

So you have to remember what variety you have.

I have 7 tomatoes from my father in law. Want them?

I don't know what he was thinking when he put in all those plants. They don't can and there are only 2 of them. Well, 1 1/2, mother in law doesn't really eat.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

lplady

dontwantaname wrote:That is just a strange question.

But, the ones we got last year at costco were too thick and therefore take a long time to dry.

I'm asking because I use to have no problem finding towels that we liked. Lately there is always something I don't like about the newer ones that are being sold.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

lplady wrote:I'm asking because I use to have no problem finding towels that we liked. Lately there is always something I don't like about the newer ones that are being sold.

That is the problem with everything when you are old.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

lplady

dontwantaname wrote:That is the problem with everything when you are old.

Ahem.
I'm getting older, I'm not old...not yet.

I'm just freaking fussy and at the moment being fussy over the darn towels. I won't even get into my pet peeve about the colors available. Now if I were old I would whine about that too.

Have some things to do. Night all.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

lplady wrote:Ahem.
I'm getting older, I'm not old...not yet.

I'm just freaking fussy and at the moment being fussy over the darn towels. I won't even get into my pet peeve about the colors available. Now if I were old I would whine about that too.

Have some things to do. Night all.

It is hard to get a good towel.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:It is hard to get a good towel.

Agree. I don't like the big, fluffy ones. Don't like thick washcloths either. Even Walmart's are too thick.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:So you have to remember what variety you have.

I have 7 tomatoes from my father in law. Want them?

I don't know what he was thinking when he put in all those plants. They don't can and there are only 2 of them. Well, 1 1/2, mother in law doesn't really eat.

Husband loves (and I agree) giving them to family and neighbors and friends.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Husband loves (and I agree) giving them to family and neighbors and friends.

You can leave some in my mailbox.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:You can leave some in my mailbox.

It's like people that give cookies and fudge and stuff at Christmas to other people.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:It's like people that give cookies and fudge and stuff and Christmas to other people.

You can leave some of them too.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
pooflady wrote:I don't believe you ever asked. Got any?

*cough*
I sure hope he wouldn't admit it, or Mrs. 1 would have something to say on the matter.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Damn...we were two days short of a record for consecutive 100 degree days.It only got to 96 today. Not that I'm sad about the break in the weather it's just I'll have to hear about the summer of 1980 for the rest of my freakin' life!
I told Mrs. Ice that as soon as we bought a air conditioner to help the central air it would cool off

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback

j5 wrote:*cough*
I sure hope he wouldn't admit it, or Mrs. 1 would have something to say on the matter.

That would be his fault not hers.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Damn...we were two days short of a record for consecutive 100 degree days.It only got to 96 today. Not that I'm sad about the break in the weather it's just I'll have to hear about the summer of 1980 for the rest of my freakin' life!
I told Mrs. Ice that as soon as we bought a air conditioner to help the central air it would cool off

You are the second TXen to gripe about the break in the heat!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:You are the second TXen to gripe about the break in the heat!

Nah, they're not griping about the break in the heat, they're griping because it was so close to a record and they didn't make it. We did the same thing with consecutive 90-degree days. Tied the record, didn't break it. When you get that close, you might as well go for it. Otherwise, it's just a crappy summer.

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Nah, they're not griping about the break in the heat, they're griping because it was so close to a record and they didn't make it. We did the same thing with consecutive 90-degree days. Tied the record, didn't break it. When you get that close, you might as well go for it. Otherwise, it's just a crappy summer.

exactly!

The thing is it's only a one day break and then 100+ for the foreseeable forecast...so what do we have to show for suffering through it all?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:exactly!

The thing is it's only a one day break and then 100+ for the foreseeable forcast...so what do we have to show for suffering through it all?

You still have plenty of summer to have 100 temps

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:You still have plenty of summer to have 100 temps

But they won't set the record of consective 100s.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:But they won't set the record of consective 100s.

there is still hottest summer

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

You people who whine about getting a break from 100+ weather are just sick! Sick, sick, sick! I don't care about a record, that's just too dang hot!!!!

It was 65 at 8am this morning I don't think we broke 85 today. AND I'M NOT GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT EITHER

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:You people who whine about getting a break from 100+ weather are just sick! Sick, sick, sick! I don't care about a record, that's just too dang hot!!!!

It was 65 at 8am this morning I don't think we broke 85 today. AND I'M NOT GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT EITHER

Have you recovered from your sun poisoning?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Have you recovered from your sun poisoning?

No.... I went to Ver2's TBall game and now I should probably go lay down, uggh! Need to go get firewood, wanted to go camping. Not sure if I'd fully survive either.

pooflady

Anybody have a clue on the following:

A. We gave a copy of something but I don't know what it was. We'd either make another CD or write it onto another CD or send it via email. We may have just given (sounds like pronounce) at this point.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

It was perfect weather here today.

So , of course, the town locked the dog park.
Said they were doing maintenance. Except it was suppose to be locked two days and I was then at the end of day one......nothing done.

Plus, the regular dog park guys collected money for a awning, paint for the benches and some wood to build a small deck around the water. It was always muddy there.
They got a permit, but the town said, if they do any maintenance, they might rip it all out.
There are people going to the park for years and years and the town never did any real maintenance.

We paid. We did all the work. I guess it is a 50% chance the town will pull it all out.
(I got stuck carrying the newly painted picnic tables back into the fenced area and one day I had to unload pavers. If you are there when they are doing the work...you get stuck helping!)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Anybody have a clue on the following:

A. We gave a copy of something but I don't know what it was. We'd either make another CD or write it onto another CD or send it via email. We may have just given (sounds like pronounce) at this point.

No idea...sorry poof

Sorry dname, too bad the parks aren't more willing to work with you guys. Here there would have been an official workday for something like that. Of course someone official has to draw up the plans for safety reasons, but that's usually not a big deal.

j5

pooflady wrote:Anybody have a clue on the following:

can you provide context?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:No idea...sorry poof

Sorry dname, too bad the parks aren't more willing to work with you guys. Here there would have been an official workday for something like that. Of course someone official has to draw up the plans for safety reasons, but that's usually not a big deal.

Yeah, if they pull stuff out, they will claim safety.
But honestly, the most dangerous thing in a dog park is the dogs, not the platform around the water fountain, or the plastic chairs.

If they wanted to do work, why lock it a day before? Go, kick everyone out and do the work.
It is only the size of a large backyard.
The lady who was fostering rusty had a bigger yard than our dog park!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

j5 wrote:can you provide context?

It's just some way of transmitting information.

Edit: Hmmmm. I wonder if it could be printouts. I'll bet.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Night all.

Gotta drive hubby tomorrow, in the morning. Ick.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:It's just some way of transmitting information.

I couldn't think of any electronic means that sounds right, your idea sounds the most reasonable.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Night all.

have fun, or something

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Night all.

Take a book.

j5

pooflady wrote:It's just some way of transmitting information.

winner!
I guess that's why you're the pooflady.