noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois

Thanks for the comments and support guys! And thanks for the Best Loser award too, I really appreciate it.

Kragore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kragore

I *love* this concept, I just wish it was rendered with just a little bit more detail! I love how..determined.. our hero the Octopus looks.

Re: Octopus in Orbit

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Orange Black OctPS

I definitely like the colors on this shirt better than the 1st version. Great Job!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
j5 wrote:Much better composition.
now stop with these resubs, I'm tired of voting for you.... :P

Done, no more resubs, thanks for voting and the feedback!
brUno

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
jnorah wrote:I would like to thank my mom and my fellow Wooters I am humbled

Awesome, J!
Well deserved, this rocks!
BlindDog3D

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Orca's Ocean

This is the one t-shirt my wife said she would wear out of this whole derby. Except mine.(but I don't think she was serious about the "except your's honey")

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Outer Space Orbit

Must have been tempting to go full CMYK with this. I'm glad you held the Y, these colors play very nicely together just like this. :^)

ya2sabes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ya2sabes
Re: Outer Space Orbit

This shirt is essential for my survival.

But really, great use of colors and positioning, looks very crisp and clean. GMV for sure

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Octo Opposes Oni V.2

I'll answer Paigeg's question. Because anyone who has ever gone diving, snorkeling or even swimming with Octopuses/octopi learn really quickly to LOVE them. I prefer more realistic looking ones to cutesie cartoon ones, but admit to loving One Man Band from woot not too long ago. I love this one with the oni, too; wish others would take a look at it.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
bluetuba wrote:I love this, and I love the fisherman on top. From a distance it'll just look like a cool octopus shirt, and then you are treated with a wacky detail once you see it closer.

The real question is, Is that octopus reaching for the fisherman to devour him or just a friendly tap on the shoulder?

Considering the tree/lure on top I would say devour.

taylertot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taylertot
paigeg wrote:I think I like your little animated sig even better than the shirt!

The animated signature is pretty freaking awesome. But I love the shirt, too, and it's one of my favorites in this derby because it doesn't rely too heavily on the theme. I feel like a lot of them are just a bunch of O stuff thrown into a design, but out of context, I wouldn't want to wear them...

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: Octopus Island

One color on Green. Awesome. Really great work!

xepherys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xepherys
originaljoe wrote:Darn. . .you're right. Well, there's always next week. This is my first derby.

Haha no worries - still a cool design.

blanked

amreli wrote:Awkwardly placed relative to the branches? I was trying to vary angles and such, so I could see that.

I think more in relation to the trunk and other limbs that don't produce leaves (in the maples that grow in my area). A wind would move a leaf into any position imaginable. But like I said I didn't notice it full design, It was probably more because I was staring at the leaves trying to see the pttern

sillythings86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sillythings86
Re: Orintholestes

Cool.

ROFLLMAOZ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ROFLLMAOZ
Re: Ocean's Ink

It really annoys me that this probably won't win:\

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
nblottie wrote:Really great, I love the detailed breakdown.

Thank you so much!

krouth wrote:Beautiful design! Wish I had more than 1 vote to give...

Thank you! I wish you did too... ;)

paigeg wrote:The color graduation from light to dark on the back of the owl seems a bit abrupt from the comp. Perhaps it's the monitor, or the size. Dunno. The linework is crazy cool, tho. Nice!

Yeah, it doesn't look that abrupt on the full version, not sure why it does on the comp. Most of the linework was taken from a fractal dragon I'd been working on, couldn't think of a way to make it fit the "O" theme though!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
blanked wrote:I think more in relation to the trunk and other limbs that don't produce leaves (in the maples that grow in my area). A wind would move a leaf into any position imaginable. But like I said I didn't notice it full design, It was probably more because I was staring at the leaves trying to see the pttern

I have to admit, at the end I wasn't using any kind of real pictures to guide leaf placement. It was also a little more difficult since I was using fractals, essentially, I had a limited number of shapes to size/orient differently to make it look more interesting.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: aPEELing Onion

Just for fun a made a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP-TIvOo39w

I hope you like it

anidi79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anidi79
Re: Octogami

:'( It's killing me inside knowing that I'm not going to be able to buy this shirt over the weekend.

agnusFerox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agnusFerox
fairnymph wrote:This would be extra awesome on Navy! Pretty please?

space isnt navy?

coldviper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coldviper
wren1024 wrote:I love this shirt. LOVE. I will buy 3 of it if it wins.

Thanks for the support!

madcobra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madcobra
Narfcake wrote:Now now, be nice to the dearly departed ...

Besides, wouldn't it be more "tragic" if a "tornado" accidentally went through and took out a couple of the mourners? I mean, spare Mr. Carrot, please, but the others ... may they find peace ... in a salsa bowl.

GMV.

:D

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Osakazuki Owl (resub)

ooo, a fractal dragon?! Wow, hold onto that idea for a derby coming soon!

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad

Nice, clever, simple, and I really need a green shirt. GMV.

taylertot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taylertot
Re: Obsequious Octopus

Not that I think this is a trace, and for that matter, not that I think it isn't a trace...but geez, how the heck do you go about finding that out? I just Googled "Octopus," and that image definitely isn't in the first hundred or so. Seriously, this isn't a joke...how the heck did you come up with that?

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
taylertot wrote:Not that I think this is a trace, and for that matter, not that I think it isn't a trace...but geez, how the heck do you go about finding that out? I just Googled "Octopus," and that image definitely isn't in the first hundred or so. Seriously, this isn't a joke...how the heck did you come up with that?

Probably not discovered this way, but I tried "octopus necklace" on Images and, sure enough, the necklace design was the first image, along with many others of the octopus design among the PWNIES! of pictures.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

akayeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akayeh
Re: Odd Orchestra

On olive?

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
Re: The Ouroboros Games

Cool design. Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed there weren't more Ouroboros-related designs in this Derby.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

purpledragon42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purpledragon42

If this were on a darker color I would vote for it in a second...but I've just never been able to pull off the lighter stuff. *sighs* I still think it deserves to win...I just regret not being able to buy it when it does.

Either way, this is a beautiful and evocative design. Nicely done! ^_^

dietmall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dietmall

It looks like this

dietmall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dietmall
Re: Osakazuki Owl (resub)

Really nice and GMV!

blanked

jasenlangley wrote:I am kind of curious how this isn't being rejectionated... don't the final shirts have to be submitted with Halftone dots if they are made in Photoshop? Does that mean Woot has taken to making the halftones for both Illustrator AND Photoshop now?

I love the design though, don't get me wrong, amazing work.

Sorta, All shirts comps for the voting public must display halftones.
how ever the file you send to woot for them to use in printing varies by the program used. Apparently it is hard to make halftones in illustrator, so woot took that job off the artists hands, or for some reason.
This artist is a pro, so I am assuming that this comp is displaying halftones. Frankly I cant tell the difference in these small images, so I shrug when ever I see the gradient rejection and just take their word for it.

khovelle519

quality posts: 1 Private Messages khovelle519
Re: Orange Peel

I think this is a witty concept but needs a little bit of graphic umph to make it work. gj on the idea

tubitlabaklaqua

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tubitlabaklaqua
Re: Ancient Oak

This is gorgeous. I will be buying three of this shirt if it makes it: one for me, one for my boyfriend, and one for when mine inevitably wears out.

Thank you for posting your excellent artwork. <3

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Soap Opera

very nice (+ squeaky clean fun)

Vote:

ellerythecelery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellerythecelery
Re: Open Ocean

This design is amazing! It reminds me a lot of M.C. Escher:

http://bcm.bc.edu/wp-content/images/summer_2006/in-the-beginning.jpg

Please print it somewhere else if it doesn't make it here!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
paigeg wrote:This has a more cartoon feel than the other, but I htink I prefer it, simply because it lacks all those lines...

Emperor Joseph II: My dear young man, don't take it too hard. Your work is ingenious. It's quality work. And there are simply too many notes, that's all. Just cut a few and it will be perfect.
Mozart: Which few did you have in mind, Majesty?

;^)

mcrad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcrad
sharvey3345 wrote:Which part is text? the 9 or the math symbols?

Basically every character up there represents a symbol. Everyone of those could be considered text.

brushfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brushfire
madcobra wrote:done [b[man[/b] thanks

I'm a mam, not a man!

I really love this!
The casket looks longer at the bottom, to me?

BG