awcoburn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awcoburn
MadamAtom wrote:Gorgeous, but for the life of me I can find only buffalo, badger, and dragon. Where's critter #4?

The moon, I believe, since it causes the tides to rise and fall.

*edit* Beaten to the punch

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: apocalypse fourtold

Thanks for the support!

kristina1225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristina1225

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
thatrobert wrote:Hash marks and symbols that aren't letters in any language don't constitute text.

Fair enough, I suppose. I just seem to recall similar situations in which they were rejected (my often quoted example is "Alchemical Purification" from the "Renew" Derby).

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

ChaosDoctor07

Re: The Fourth Horseman

And here I was hoping that after last week you'd aim closer to "Aztec Sunset" and farther from some of your previous work. -sigh-.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

dsgnGrl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dsgnGrl
Re: The Beetles - Abbey Road

Drawing by greystone9, color and digitizing by me.

ApeLad

quality posts: 44 Private Messages ApeLad
greystone9 wrote:Even though you are competition, I must vote for this.

Thank you.

ChaosDoctor07

Re: Fundamental Force!

The design unto itself is delightful(there's just something about those different shades of green). The descriptions for each, which explain their characterization...That's what puts this shirt over the edge. Well done, indeed.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

LOL.
Did you and Walmazan call each other to decide what to wear to school today?

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Josephus wrote:saved

"Saved" from WHAT!!!!!!!!?

What is "Saved?"

I don't get it.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
ramyb wrote:spring is the start of life, so I wanted to start the design with the first buds of the season and the first sign of birds in the trees. As it crosses into summer everything grows wildly, then the colors change, the birds fly away, and finally winter comes as everything comes to an end. Then the cycle restarts when life begins to emerge again. That was my thought process as I approached the design

I guess I'm just trained to have a Gregorian/James Taylor view of the chronological order of seasons. GMV anyway.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kristina1225 wrote:-1

why, (and how?)

ChaosDoctor07

j5 wrote:LOL.
Did you and Walmazan call each other to decide what to wear to school today?

Huh. I just now noticed that.

As far as the design itself, it appears that Death is standing on the undead horse. Was that intended?

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: 4 years old!

Happy Birthday Woot! May you learn how to deal with "Rejection," better.

4 delicious colors on Lemon Chiffon.
Tribute to Walmazan.

BlindDog3D

j5

Re: The Four Elements

Wow "concept art" and cartoony at the same time.
Also, it does look a lot like the your 4 seasons shirt.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
blinddog3d wrote:"Saved" from WHAT!!!!!!!!?

What is "Saved?"

I don't get it.

it's a bit of silliness, because some peeps put it as the first post every time. I think it prevents an unpleasant comment from being the first post that everyone sees (like "-1", for example), so I add it sometimes.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: From C till K

amazing as always! +1

bdubs8807

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:I like the colors of this design, but ehh...Doesn't seem particularly different from the usual "4 elements" shirt.

Well, for one thing, it really shouldn't be. This IS a derby dedicated to Four, so it should at least be recognizable as a Four Elements design. But he's added his own particular touch to it.
I think it's interesting that he uses plant life instead of dirt and/or rocks to represent Earth. Also, the Water symbol doesn't appear to be very flow-y. The Fire is orange, instead of the more common red. The Wind/Air is fine.
I like this one a lot, the color scheme has my four favorite colors featured. Good job Patrickspens, GMV!

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
B. D. Walton
P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus

This is laugh-out-loud funny.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ChaosDoctor07

Re: Seasons

Looking quickly at the thumbnail, it simply looked like seasons separated by brown bar-ish things. Now that I looked at the complete design....Wow. "Four season" shirts (not to mention "4 seasons shown by trees") have been done over and over again (including your own "Transitions"), but I must say I really like the colors on this one, as well as the use of the trees as divisions. It's doubtful I'd actually want to buy this, but, at the very least, well done.

littlecacti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlecacti

the dragon is my favorite. look at those snaggleteeth!

ChaosDoctor07

j5 wrote:Wow "concept art" and cartoony at the same time.

Concept art is a great way to describe this, actually.

cynic11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cynic11
xepherys wrote:Is this only 6 spot colors?

yes, red, blue, green, yellow, white and black

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: The four elements

You really have a great knack of making personable concepts. Very clean!

j5

BlindDog skill scale
[poo]..................................[awesome]
_______^[this entry]

I know you don't want to put in another 32 hour stint, but 30 minutes?
:P

walmazan

Re: Walrus Quartet

This is my favorite!!! Go Kevin! +1

ChaosDoctor07

Re: the 4 seasons

Love the colors on this one, but having it as a column in the center of the shirt...In this case, I think having the four seasons in the shape of a square (that is, in a cycle) would look a bit better.

WootHappens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WootHappens

killerorca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca
rogerrogerroger wrote:4 o'clock! time for tea!

I like your design style but I am not really feeling this submission, sorry.

jnorah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah

Dang you went super CUTE on me. Not another 30hrs HUH? I understand.

OK you may want to take your logo off your thumbnail/detail image. They have made them illegal.

rasabi

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rasabi
Re: 4 elements squared

6 colors on navy.

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
walmazan wrote:amazing as always! +1

Thanks mate!! (o;

MasterWolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MasterWolf
Re: The Four Elements

Seems blurry. Maybe too much halftone?

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Periodic Table of the Caveman Elements

ChaosDoctor07 wrote:Fair enough, I suppose. I just seem to recall similar situations in which they were rejected (my often quoted example is "Alchemical Purification" from the "Renew" Derby).

Wow, I forgot that one. I would say the big difference here is that my pseudo-text is not central to the design -- it's simply decoration to remind you more of the table of the elements.

walmazan

Re: Templar Crashers

love it!

MasterWolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MasterWolf
Re: Seasons

You submitted similar styles back in the day without much success, but this is new in that instead of 2 colored parts we have 4. It's not my cup of tea, but best of luck to ya.

walmazan

Re: apocalypse fourtold

haha! amazing!!! love it!

JTobcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JTobcat
Re: Spacetime Continuum

4 colors on navy blue with a distressed look. Enjoy!

walmazan

Re: Four Scoops Of Fun!

love it! +1

gina1221

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gina1221
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:Love the colors on this one, but having it as a column in the center of the shirt...In this case, I think having the four seasons in the shape of a square (that is, in a cycle) would look a bit better.

Agreed. And perhaps on a lighter colored shirt - white, yellow, baby blue. Still, I think it's a pretty design so GMV!