Dragynwing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dragynwing
blinddog3d wrote:I "get it," I'm fullorn Irish! Spot-on ...with no face? Looks like a "Tree design" in disguise. The picket fence and the houses don't fit the design. And ...tell me what fairy tale this came from., cuz I must be Blind!

You must be new to the internets.

when i want to hear the pitter patter of little feet, i'll buy shoes for my cats.

otakudragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages otakudragon

I want this shirt! Beautiful, creepy, design!

River57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages River57
Re: Don't go into the woods Resub

Great colors and for me the stars absolutely make the shirt. It's creates a great sense of spacious freedom in juxtaposition to the density of the forest!

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
uncleregis wrote:Yeah, I was just kidding around. It seemed to me that they couldn't explain why the Wonderful Wizard of Oz was not a fairy tale without explaining how Star Wars was not a myth. I mean EVERY time. It made me chuckle.

It would have been nice if they specifically said 'only classic fairy tales' but they didn't. Live and learn. Hopefully the artist can resubmit this in a future derby and then be rejected b/c of incidental text ;)

Yeah, I thought the whole Star Wars thing was a weak argument. It was a red herring due to the fact woot couldn't intelligently defend their decision.

zoppashotgun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zoppashotgun
blinddog3d wrote:No face, No rainbow, no vote.

Its really a pretty accurate drawing. At least according to one artist's depiction....

melloncollie3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melloncollie3

This is an amazing design.

There's no pentagram either. It's doesn't even vaguely look like one.

patchmyshirt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patchmyshirt
zerobriant wrote:I think i am the only who is not very familiar with the 3 goats, but this designs awesome! :D

I love McGruff and thought it would be fun to use this idea for my 1st derby. (Go derby newbies!)
Thanks for your feedback!

irishdevilwoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irishdevilwoman
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=54914]STRAW STICKS

Thank you Patrick! This is great on Green (love when they are not on black or grey for a change!) I hope yellow shirts happen one day too ~ Nice Design!

patchmyshirt

zerobriant wrote:I think i am the only who is not very familiar with the 3 goats, but this designs awesome! :D

I love McGruff and thought it would be fun to use this idea for my 1st derby. (Go derby newbies!)
Thanks for your feedback!

isrn2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages isrn2
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=54914]STRAW STICKS

As a competition BBQ'er I too will have to agree that this depicts grilling, not BBQ. But nonetheless ... I MUST HAVE IT!!! It would make a perfect compliment to my Some BBQ shirt which gets worn a lot.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: The Buried Moon, Take TWO

This is much more professional looking, but some voters like the "sketchy-style" of the previous. I, on the other hand, prefer this version and commend your efforts. It seems a little dark for details, this can be offset by background gradients showing silhouettes (like tree outlines and halftoning the hands). Visit past derbies and look at some of the top 9 to get ideas of presentation, then adapt it to your style. I love the glow on the face, well done.

There is a learning curve figuring out what voters want. I haven't quite got there, but some people hit gold on the first try and hit the ground running. Being so late to enter, I wouldn't get disappointed if this didn't do well. Take the feedback and keep on truckin'.

Best of luck,
Bruno

patchmyshirt

Re: Billy Goats Gruff

Love how the troll is left to the imagination.

blinddog3d

Re: PO'd Pea

LOL, "Green M&M," that's funny! I think it's his size that makes it look like that?

I like the concept, Paige, nice to see a different take (Fat princess crushing the Pea is an instant classic). Maybe a word balloon with cursing substitute sybols, but I guess that would still be considered text, so maybe a Pig with a crown in the balloon?

brUno

Joepaghome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joepaghome

Aren't we all really waiting to be discovered?

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
blinddog3d wrote:You can "things" she is whatever you want, but that nose is the Amatuerville Horror. It's like the wolf punched her in the schnoz and took her goodies. Nice shortcut!
BlindDog3D

I hate to be this unkind, but it looks like a mashup of Cher and Michael Jackson.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

blinddog3d

Re: Red Rides With a HOOD!!!

Dig the rod (Spot-on, mate!) and the style. You're my new "Old-school" cartoon hero. Animated gif is a nice touch, tweening needs work. I plan to start using them, as well.

Overall: I'd forking wear it!
+1
brUno

PS- Check PM

indecisivewench

quality posts: 0 Private Messages indecisivewench
ochopika wrote:It is green, so yea. If you want to pretend it's a tree then go ahead :D Thank you for looking at mah arts, also I like you.

p.s: Your randomly generated avatar is hilarious. What is going on with its...ummm...leg area?

I have a randomly generated avatar?
ps I like you too

indecisivewench

quality posts: 0 Private Messages indecisivewench
indecisivewench wrote:I have a randomly generated avatar?
ps I like you too

oh, now I have one... I don't know. I haven't seen that until now.

blinddog3d

Re: Alice and Queen of hearts

Must be the "South Park Canadian Version?"

seraph76

quality posts: 1 Private Messages seraph76
Re: The Juniper Tree

I love this so much. I had a giant book of Grimm's fairytales that included all the horrific ones. This was one of the most haunting. I want this shirt so badly, I haven't even words to express.

jonlouispowell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonlouispowell
Re: Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are

Awesome Shirt. I'd buy this.

jnorah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
Re: The Brave Little Tailor!!!

For those of you unfamiliar with this Fairy Tale here are a few links.

Grimm Bros. Wrote the Fairy Tale.
Disney Made a CARTOON.
More about the Disney cartoon here

blinddog3d

Re: The Master Cat-boy

More Steam-punk would've been nice. +1 for originality.

BlindDog3D

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

indecisivewench wrote:oh, now I have one... I don't know. I haven't seen that until now.

yea if you look on your account i think it shows it. or click on the "permalink" button on your comment, then it takes you to the forums where you can see the avatars. then you will see why yours is funny.

sanctoclaro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanctoclaro

Good idea, but it just seems very rushed to me. Of course, I guess you have to balance speed with quality - I didn't, which is one reason I won't have a finished design to submit for this derby.

patchmyshirt

Re: 3 Billy Goats Grunge

Nice! I'd want one.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
blinddog3d wrote:Animated gif is a nice touch, tweening needs work. I plan to start using them, as well.

For the love of all things holy, don't!

There is nothing more annoying than the derby page looking like the Vegas strip. I personally am hoping for Woot to crack down on all of the animated thumbs.

Votes should be for t-shirt submissions.... not someone's grasp on After Effects.

Nothing follows.

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Don't go into the woods Resub

Thank you for commenting I really appreciate it.

PagsX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PagsX
Re: Waiting to be discovered

AWWWW YEAAAAA

taternuggets

sanctoclaro wrote:Good idea, but it just seems very rushed to me. Of course, I guess you have to balance speed with quality - I didn't, which is one reason I won't have a finished design to submit for this derby.

You hit the nail on the head. That 24 hour turn around is a killer for new artists. With the importance of submitting on time, often my entries are "Well, this is as good as I can do in the time allowed."

I really need to slow down a little.... but it really sucks to miss out on the Noon Friday Voting Frenzy.

Nothing follows.

sanctoclaro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanctoclaro

I'm surprised this isn't in the fog. It's my favorite entry this derby.

patchmyshirt

Re: hansel's difficult decision

Haaa and either way the witch is gonna get you...

patchmyshirt

Re: The Nightingale's Song

Great idea. Beautiful design. I want.
And what a range on that bird - bass and treble clef!

jnorah

blinddog3d wrote:Dig the rod (Spot-on, mate!) and the style. You're my new "Old-school" cartoon hero. Animated gif is a nice touch, tweening needs work. I plan to start using them, as well.

Overall: I'd forking wear it!
+1
brUno

PS- Check PM

Hey Man where is your entry I have been looking for it?? I saw you post your ideas, so what happened?

LOL there is no tweening. Just a simple frame animation.

jnorah

taternuggets wrote:For the love of all things holy, don't!

There is nothing more annoying than the derby page looking like the Vegas strip. I personally am hoping for Woot to crack down on all of the animated thumbs.

Votes should be for t-shirt submissions.... not someone's grasp on After Effects.

Well I do not use after effects for stuff this simple. But I do like to occasionally do a little animating. I get your point that if to many do it, there will be many seizures caused by the gallery.

But no amount of animating can make up for bad illustration or design. So I do not thinks animating does any more than draw a little attention to your work and if the work is bad you gets no votes any ways. LOL

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Waiting to be discovered

Is this Pinocchio? I haven't seen anyone submit that fairy tale yet.

move along

taternuggets

jnorah wrote:Well I do not use after effects for stuff this simple. But I do like to occasionally do a little animating. I get your point that if to many do it, there will be many seizures caused by the gallery.

But no amount of animating can make up for bad illustration or design. So I do not thinks animating does any more than draw a little attention to your work and if the work is bad you gets no votes any ways. LOL

I wasn't singling you out.... just happened to land on your thread. I like your entry and you already got my vote.

I'm just afraid of what the derby could become if everyone starts doing it...

Nothing follows.

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
Re: Why can't we be friends

I like the concept, but I love the execution. I really want this shirt, but, unfortunately, I don't think it'll get enough attention from that thumbnail image... =( Good luck to you though. I hope I'm wrong, and I hope this prints!

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

patchmyshirt

Re: You Can't Catch Me

I thought this idea seemed familiar... I like your version best tho. Nice attention to detail.

http://www.threadless.com/submission/326735/Vitruvian_Gingerbread_Man/showmore,designs

http://www.squidoo.com/a-do-it-yourself-gift-shop?utm_source=google&utm_medium=imgres&utm_campaign=framebuster