Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari

Thanks, guys! :D Props to the writers for an awesome writeup.

The Black Knight has a red boar on his chest in the film, so that's why there are boars on his crest. And no deadly rabbit, because it has nothing to do with the Black Knight directly. Same goes for other references.

XxFigmentxX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages XxFigmentxX
aperfecttool72 wrote:WHAT is your favorite color?!

"What....is the air speed velocity of an un-laden swallow?"

Would that be an African or European Swallow?

"Wha..? I don't know that. *boooing* AAAAAAAHHHhhhhhhhhhhh........"

Sorry... had to be done.

phonedog365

quality posts: 6 Private Messages phonedog365

Would have been nice to see the motto obscured in Latin.

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Spiritgreen wrote:Go Kari! This is amazing, especially the blood to foliage transition.

My family coat of arms has fish with antlers on it... (?!) ... this is cooler.

I dunno about that. Fish with antlers sounds like it would top just about everything. :D

egonpax

quality posts: 1 Private Messages egonpax

I have WAY too many t-shirts (is there such as thing as too many Woot shirts? I think not)... but I'm definitely going to pick this one up.

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv

*Thhhrraaa-bmmmm* Message for you, Sir.

Did anyone else get an email from Amazon advertising shirt.woot today?? I've never received one before... pretty cool...

Anyway... fantastic write-up! It made me smile on this gloomy, rainy day.

Great job on the shirt. I'd have personally liked to see the crest a bit more crest-like, but it's still great.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to reminisce of days gone by...

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

cruelnv

Spiritgreen wrote:Go Kari! This is amazing, especially the blood to foliage transition.

My family coat of arms has fish with antlers on it... (?!) ... this is cooler.

Mine has a bloody, chopped-off hand (which was apparently a positive thing according to the history)... but now I feel that we're not trying hard enough, and we need to lose at least another appendage or two...

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

LBeria

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LBeria

I made sure to buy 5 of...no...3 of them!! That way the entire family can go to amusement parks dressed alike to share our geekdom together!!

Purchases: Too many to track anymore but only 3 Birthday of Celebrations since 2006.

Only the good die young.... But most people are morally ambiguous which explains our random dying patterns....

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak

I really like this shirt... BUT, I would have liked it sooo much more if the two flanking boars were instead evil killer rabbits.

dominator101

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dominator101

This shirt was posted on shirt.woot. And there was much rejoicing.

patmac312 wrote:Your father was a hampster and your mother smelt of elderberries

Scratch that, reverse it.

yerfdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yerfdog
Misskari wrote:Thanks, guys! :D Props to the writers for an awesome writeup.

The Black Knight has a red boar on his chest in the film, so that's why there are boars on his crest. And no deadly rabbit, because it has nothing to do with the Black Knight directly. Same goes for other references.

But, the shrubbery!!! Thankfully, the shirt is nice, and not too expensive.

stormygoddess

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stormygoddess
XxFigmentxX wrote:So...This being my first time buying something from Woot (I'm typically a yugster kind of guy) I popped the $5 Next Day shipping. Said Friday delivery, but the Email I got said typical shipping is 5 days. PLEASE tell me this is a canned Email and they'll really speed my shipping?

You'll get it Friday. That's the standard canned response.

ngillson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ngillson

My 14yr old son cut the tip of his finger off last night, he is so getting this shirt!

skichick0126

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skichick0126

LOVE the idea, LOVE the write up (I am personally one of those nerds, as are my best friends). And I love the design... except for the shield. The Black Knight has no shield in the movie. "Coat of (No) Arms" is a clever idea, but I just don't like the shield design.

Sorry for being a hater =/ I really do like the tee, and I'll probably wind up getting it anyway (no MP fan could pass up on something like this).

darthbob14

quality posts: 5 Private Messages darthbob14

None shall pass... up this shirt! Unfortunately, I can't wear it. I've got no arms left.

I think you could also wear it to a castle filled with eight score young blondes and brunettes. Might not stay on long though.

"Finally, an excuse to nuke France!"

jcflman

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jcflman

I'd give an arm & a leg for this shirt but luckily it's only a few dollars.

Everyone loves the Black Knight.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

In case anyone is curious, here is the following introductory training video for Woot Staff:

kitsunehime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kitsunehime

Though I la-la-LOVE this shirt and how it looks, instead of boars, I would have chosen the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog and the Holy Hand Grenade to embellish this stellar coat of no arms. I know, it's so easy to be an armchair artist, so I'm just going to shut my pie hole and buy two shirts.

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement

I love that the supporters are boars. I'd forgotten that it was a canon costume reference and assumed it referred to the MP quoters. (Traditional heraldry had much worse puns, I swear.)

basfiji

quality posts: 9 Private Messages basfiji

I was going to pay my electric bill before I laid eyes on this shirt, let's just hope I can get this comment in before they shut it off and remove my flesh to pay for the bill.

Props on the writeup Woot.

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

GOhio!
Fantastic work

rlapid2112

quality posts: 9 Private Messages rlapid2112

This will go perfect with my black, "Killer Rabbit" hoodie.

Shameless Python-ism...

Luxasia

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Luxasia

this thing acts so funny when trying to post. sorry for the double up, lol

Do not follow me, I walk into walls!

Luxasia

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Luxasia

[quote postid="4571353" user="tomsman
Geeky/creepy/freaky as this may be, I have a 10" Black Night figure (ok, doll) that has detachable bloody limbs that is one of my prized possessions. There was a whole HG collection - I had to have the BK. Its awesome.

*ends rambling*[/quote]

I cant believe you got that! I wanted one, but my local comic book shop sold out! I do have a stuffed rabbit though that when you pinch the back of his head a giant mouth with sharp pointy teeth opens!

Do not follow me, I walk into walls!

Unclevertitle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Unclevertitle

But why does it have sleeves?

leviafan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leviafan

Saved by the ni! Just went to use my coupon from the May random tees and saw it expires August 1. That was fortuitous.

Also, this is an amazing design— the simplicity of lines is really fitting for the coat of arms theme. And don't get me started on the blood-flourishes! Just gorgeous, and I don't often say that about blood.

Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way.

ainecful

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ainecful

I've already commented on how amazing i find this t-shirt, but i just want to tell Kari Fry/the rest of Woot that this shirt was featured on Topless Robot's geek apparel of the week, a high praise for any t-shirt indeed

dan1066ad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dan1066ad

I love, love, love this shirt. I am a huge (3XL) MP fan. I have to give this t-shirt a 99 out of 100 for just one little reason. If the banner was Just a flesh wound in Latin it would have been a PERFECT 100. But I got it because I do love it!!!

jhgalvas

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jhgalvas

Curious why the boar on the left has a hoof turned around.

Medicfrost

quality posts: 51 Private Messages Medicfrost

If I remember correctly, he sustained all these injuries while on the job. He must have had a sweet payout from workers comp.

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1

The only reason this isn't sold out is because it looks like a robot shirt in the thumbnail on the main woot site.
(the pigs look like arms holding the banner at a glance)

superstargoddess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages superstargoddess

My friend likes Monty Python, so I think that I will get this for him and hope that he likes it! I think that he will, though I'm not sure that he will like the fancy red flourishes in the background.

I am looking to buy "Life Choices", any size, send me a message!

So fuhqued up.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Awesome design, congrats Kari!

superstargoddess

Went ahead and ordered one for my friend. Do any of you guys out there think that the red flourishes in the background is too girly? That's the only thing that I am worried about.

So fuhqued up.

firephrase

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firephrase

Um. No python? Too on the nose?

cruelnv

superstargoddess wrote:Went ahead and ordered one for my friend. Do any of you guys out there think that the red flourishes in the background is too girly? That's the only thing that I am worried about.

I think the number of people that would find a coat of arms or blood to be "girly" are few and far between. I'm sure he'll like it. =)

KeepsOnLaffing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KeepsOnLaffing
fldeals wrote:from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Classic movie!

Hahahahahahahaha
I LOVE this movie! I first saw it on the very first pay channel for movies, channel 100, and they played over and over for a month. There are so many classic scenes but this one is my favorite. Thanks for posting it!
This shirt is hilarious!!

superstargoddess

cruelnv wrote:I think the number of people that would find a coat of arms or blood to be "girly" are few and far between. I'm sure he'll like it. =)

hyuk, I just thought that maybe he wouldn't like how the red blood looks flowery in some places on it. I'm sure that he won't even notice though hopefully since he is a big fan of Monty Python.

So fuhqued up.

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1

Can't wait to get this shirt. Whilst wearing it I'll feel invincible! I'll always triumph!

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

Totally awesome! makes me wish I ever wore t-shirts, glad I have a brother who does and perhaps the Woot writers know because they sure described him perfectly. Extra awesome because yesterday was his birthday - means I am the best sister in the world with this bonus present

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!