steven0724

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steven0724

I was milliseconds away from clicking the "buy" button until I looked down and realized I was wearing this. No joke!

http://shirt.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=6407

I would totally buy this but it's just too similar...

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1

Love the design. I bought three shirts as stocking stuffers for Christmas.

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

Late congratulations! Glad to see this place!

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Yeah, big props for the well-earned 1st Spiritgreen. Such a solid concept and you really nailed the drawing. I like the mix of sketchbook notes and crumby gingerbread goodness.

taylertot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taylertot
steven0724 wrote:I was milliseconds away from clicking the "buy" button until I looked down and realized I was wearing this. No joke!

http://shirt.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=6407

I would totally buy this but it's just too similar...

Seriously? ...that's kinda...um...OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES!? I'm not trying to mock you, but I think you're taking hipster-ness to the extreme on that one. I could understand not buying it because you don't like it or you couldn't afford it at the time or whatever...but...eh...

Anyway, I think this shirt awesome and definitely bought it. I was not surprised by it coming in first; what I am surprised by is that it's not selling necessarily that many shirts. I mean, it's doing all right, but I really expected it to pass 4000 by now.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Thanks guys!

Y'know, coming first in the derby doesn't guarantee a shirt will survive the week or outsell the other winners.

In this case maybe the people who voted are more familiar with Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man. Or maybe it helps to have seen the gingerbread and fancy details up close in the big version I posted.

Whatever happens, I count myself lucky to have had this printed and got -so- many thoughtful comments and compliments about the design.

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx

A great example of how the voting is warped. This won first place in the derby and yet is on its way out while number two and three doing alright in sales?

tjulian9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjulian9

Love the shirt! If I wasn't so poor, I would definitely buy two!

I hate to be picky; however, Leonardo's version was called the Vetruvian Man, not the Renaissance Man.

Otherwise, very clever and well executed!

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05

Just got mine in the mail today. If anyone is on the fence about this shirt, jump down and buy one and get it out of the danger zone.

It is a truly awesome print. The detail is incredible.

vmforrest

quality posts: 9 Private Messages vmforrest
dcroe05 wrote:Just got mine in the mail today. If anyone is on the fence about this shirt, jump down and buy one and get it out of the danger zone.

It is a truly awesome print. The detail is incredible.

Agreed! Got mine today, super duper cool!

DarkLord21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarkLord21

OK so I ordered my wife a Womens XL size shirt.... turns out these are quite different then the mens XL... and well its just a bit to small for my wife.... How do I go about sending it back and getting the reg mends size XL?????

Delorean (darklord21)

purplstarz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages purplstarz
DarkLord21 wrote:How do I go about sending it back and getting the reg mends size XL?????

Delorean (darklord21)

From FAQs:

Q: I don’t like my shirt. Will you buy it back from me?

A: If your shirt is defective, or if we sent you the wrong size, or we sent you some other shirt by mistake, let us know at service@woot.com. If you just realized you don’t look good in orange, or you decided not to check the sizing chart before you placed your order, well, our impulse is to say that you got yourself a new washrag.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

Your better option is to buy another one of the desired size and list the WXL you bought already on teetrade.org

mkmorgan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkmorgan

Years (and I mean YEARS) ago my youngest daughter had a t-shirt-style nightgown that had a gingerbread man on it, with the recipe. When I saw this, I wished it had the recipe, too. *checking to see if my bank account can afford yet another woot shirt*

sandrad70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandrad70
Spiritgreen wrote:I've had so much wonderful feedback and support on this design, I'm a very lucky guy.

Thanks everyone! ^____^

Is there any chance you have an extra one lying around for purchase? I miscalculated and need one more for my Christmas cookie baking party - preferably a Large.

sandrad70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandrad70
DarkLord21 wrote:OK so I ordered my wife a Womens XL size shirt.... turns out these are quite different then the mens XL... and well its just a bit to small for my wife.... How do I go about sending it back and getting the reg mends size XL?????

Delorean (darklord21)

If you still have it, I would be interested in buying it from you.

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal
sandrad70 wrote:Is there any chance you have an extra one lying around for purchase? I miscalculated and need one more for my Christmas cookie baking party - preferably a Large.

I sent you a PM. I have a men's Large.