tehlilone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tehlilone
kaelynangelfoot wrote:This is my favorite caffeine molecule shirt! Unlike the one someone else posted in this thread, this one is less confusing but makes its point. The other one was way too busy and noisy and I'd never buy it - this one I would. Great work! GMV.

I have to agree with this. Sure it's a similar idea but this one is WAY cuter and it's not as cluttered. :D

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
laughalot wrote:OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG you are made of Tryptophan, Isoleucine, Asparagine. Brilliant design and beautiful!

Haha!

Totally amazed that this is all of a sudden getting bunches of votes...c'mon all you woot geeks, you know you like it!

maesk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maesk

I'm super bugged that the little area inside the "4" doesn't match the color outside the "4".

leesey85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leesey85
SarurunKamui wrote:This appeared as a money dilemma, and at first it was weird cuz I swore to eliminate my worst of the debt that devoured my sanity; it's true I was vague on the how, but how can it be that you would force me to buy (a shirt)?

In short, this is awesome. :D

You just had me singing this hahaha

Leesey xx

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
citizencoyote wrote:I'm surprised no one caught the movie poster before. Seems like there would be a few people on shirt.woot who would recognize that image. Not saying I would have, mind you, but I'm not a huge X-men fan.

Nice catch, j5. BlindDog, severely disappoint, especially since I liked some of your previous work. I'm always going to question your future submissions now, assuming woot allows you to continue to submit.

You should have questioned the other ones:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51206

and

Some desktop wallpaper

or

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=54677

and

http://d1.artquid.fr/art/1/143/102169.1675094494.1.1600m.jpg

Somehow he has 3 more designs up that haven't been rejected.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard

ichimunki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ichimunki
grahamcrackercoyote wrote:For the doubters who want to check: Spectral Lines

I checked. You got the colors backwards. ;)

Still gets my vote!

tazfreeatlast

quality posts: 20 Private Messages tazfreeatlast
Re: carbon dating

This relationship will never work out. Diamond claims Charcoal is not mature enough to handle the pressure.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: The Enforcer

Chemistry ≠ Physics

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
j5 wrote:Now you know the formula, repeat as necessary.

I wish. I seriously have no idea why this one took off. Absolutely dreading the next derby and returning to the cellar.

It would be swell if people explained why they voted for this one.

Nothing follows.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: Dr. Adorable Love Potion

Thank you so much for the support on this one! It is very very appreciated!

SirOrlando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SirOrlando
stehre wrote:haha - 'roots in chemistry'

Yep... the pun was intended! I love the design, though... I think it's a very original idea.

ryleek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryleek
bootsanator wrote:You forgot the O for onion in avocado's law.

ditto

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
CapSea wrote:You should have questioned the other ones:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=51206

and

Some desktop wallpaper

or

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=54677

and

http://d1.artquid.fr/art/1/143/102169.1675094494.1.1600m.jpg

Somehow he has 3 more designs up that haven't been rejected.

Wow.
I knew there were a few questionable ones, (e.g. lips) but....
Wow.
That is all.

move along

j5

taternuggets wrote:I wish. I seriously have no idea why this one took off. Absolutely dreading the next derby and returning to the cellar.

It would be swell if people explained why they voted for this one.

Hate to say it, but;
clean lines
simple design
pop culture

move along

taternuggets

j5 wrote:Hate to say it, but;
clean lines
simple design
pop culture

Kinda what I was suspecting. I'll go ahead and scratch these sentences into the corner of my monitor for reference.

Nothing follows.

j5

taternuggets wrote:Kinda what I was suspecting. I'll go ahead and scratch these sentences into the corner of my monitor for reference.

A little bit of the art world just died.

move along

paaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan

So I see nothing to do with chemistry... However I'd love to see something this shirt could be used on. I'd totally buy it.

craftyshanna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craftyshanna
Re: A Beautiful Mistake

I think this is really pretty and would love to have bought one.

beldorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beldorth

Smells like cumin. . . .

taternuggets

j5 wrote:A little bit of the art world just died.

The art world can rest assured that an artistic masterpiece was never a serious threat anyway.

Nothing follows.

celticlullaby1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celticlullaby1
tanios wrote:Honestly, this is my favorite design of all that I've seen for this derby. Enough that I'd buy it, despite my distaste for unionized labor. Unfortunately, what does it for me is the HP references. I'd have rather seen something like Paracelsus or some famous early chemist mentioned before a couple of imaginary literary characters when the rest is basically tied to historical references. The literature just seems out of place. But, that's just my opinion. Still, a great design overall.

Nicolas Flamel is indeed a real historical alchemist, not an imaginary literary character. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Flamel

JK used a real historical reference for her books. Dumbledore is her original character, but it seems to me that folks will only get that reference if they are already into Harry Potter.

beldorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beldorth
chade2001 wrote:this stuff is more Biology than Chemistry I think

All biology has its basis in chemistry, and DNA is the ultimate biochemical compound. It is the instruction set from which every other biochemical process in the body ultimately derives, be it metabolism, respiration, brain function, etc. And you cannot see it in this representation, but between each of those ACT&G's is a chemical (phosphodiester) bond.

Yup, chemistry at its most eloquent.

(Can you tell that I am a molecular biologist by trade?)

taternuggets

walmazan wrote:This is awesome!!! +1

Thanks!

Nothing follows.

stevegarner05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevegarner05
Re: The three classical states of matter

This is the best derby shirt I've seen in a long time. Made me chuckle. I will most definitely buy one when it wins.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

You have my vote, Lucky! Hope to see this place over the next few days :D.

morphia1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morphia1
Re: carbon dating

I seriously really hope this one wins

wolfak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfak
Re: ph Balance

it's pH for Hydrogen - elemental symbol H - potential. I'd like it if it was a capital H on the teeter-totter.

lilygrapetree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilygrapetree
Re: Chemically Enhanced...Ooops

This is a really cool design, although the elephants' foot looks off. (lol! i know how odd that sounds in context!)

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Cheers stevegarner05 and bass!

Thanks to everyone for your comments and votes. I had no idea this design would attract this much support.

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: Periodic Turntable (Resub)

Thanks again everyone!

mvwade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mvwade
notnas wrote:Super cute. Does it code for an actual gene, or did you just type a bunch of AGCTs? If I weren't so lazy, I'd BLAST it myself.

Haha, I was going to do the same thing. I would have used BLAST from wormbase to see if it was a C. elegans gene

michael wade

yellocoyote

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellocoyote

pedechumbo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pedechumbo
expo01 wrote:Fingerprint or graphic representation of the Deoxyribonucleic acid or DNA , thanks! (o;

I would really like to order your shirt. Is there anyway I can?

pedechumbo

amreli wrote:An amino acid chain whose single-letter symbols spell LIFE. The images with each amino acid were chosen specifically, in addition the oxygen atoms are represented by the Flower of Life instead of O. Details (simplified) below, though I think (hope?) you don't have to know the details to think it's pretty.

Comments/feedback appreciated!

L (leucine): among other uses, key part of the "leucine zipper" which is usually found on transcription proteins that bind to DNA.

I (isoleucine): converted into either succinyl CoA or acetyl CoA which both feed into the TCA cycle (aka Kreb's cycle) which produces ATP (key component of energy metabolism).

F (phenylalanine): precursor for many important molecules (dopamine, epinephrine, norepinephrine, and melanin), but also used by plants for flavonoid biosynthesis.

E (glutamic acid): in addition to its role with neurotransmitter, it's one of the key molecules for the flavor "umami" and was originally isolated from seaweed (artificial mass production = MSG).

I would love to buy this, please let me know if theres a way.

pedechumbo

Re: Testosterone

I would very much like to purchase this please let me know if there is a way.

esotericprincess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages esotericprincess
ryusho wrote:Oh my god so cute ^..^;;

Agreed, please submit again on topic, I want this

doober187

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doober187
Re: a lot in common

Ugh! You ALMOST had "GATTACA" in there, you've got GATTAGA, so I can just paint out part of the G. Still want. Hope it prints.

FRAKKIN' GORRAMMIT!!!

yakimikku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakimikku
musicshark32 wrote:Oh my gosh this is awesome. If more shirt designers took o-chem, this would totally be in the fog.

... well, at least I'll share it with my friends. I'm sure they'll get a kick out of it.

Thank you phrozt and musicshark32 for the comments!!!

Yeah, the flaw in the shirt was definitely the learning curve to the puns. It was fun to make and glad to make at least a few people happy

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness
Re: Neon neon neon neon neon neon

You can ask him here:
http://www.prguitarman.com/contact.php ?

I really loved this entry for what it's worth. Siiiigh.