ellenedwards

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellenedwards

This made me laugh! I'll be snapping one or two up!

Some suggesting 'angry birds' reference.
Can't see that myself...maybe angry croc?

or smug croc! haha!!

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness
elessia wrote:Soo, completely off topic question, but how exactly does Woot choose non-derby winning shirts? Where do they come from? How does WOot find them? I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere.

One of the links at the bottom of every page: Submit a Daily Entry =D

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

My copy and pasting senses are tingling!

Also, for some reason I'm reminded of the Disney Channel short, "Can You Teach My Alligator Manners?"

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

This is amazing! congrats to the artist!

ElanorRigby

quality posts: 14 Private Messages ElanorRigby

This is a hilarious shirt. Birds always have such a defiant, what-are-YOU-gonna-do-about-it? look on their face. (I own a bird...trust me, it's true) Then they get their comeuppance.

Incidentally, I learned about Chocodiles today. Being a Midwesterner, I had never heard of those before. Now I want one.

Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun...

urbsnspices

quality posts: 7 Private Messages urbsnspices

No this shirt is not hilarious. Unless it is making some pop reference I dont understand, it is mundane and expected.

As for pompous birds getting their reward, who though that needed a shirt?

Is it a red shirt reference? Well then surely the captain and science officer should have survived.

Xymox007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xymox007
urbsnspices wrote:No this shirt is not hilarious. Unless it is making some pop reference I dont understand, it is mundane and expected.

As for pompous birds getting their reward, who though that needed a shirt?

I'm with you completely.

Medicfrost

quality posts: 51 Private Messages Medicfrost

I wish the t-shirt featured my neighbor's 3 cats instead of birds, would have made me happier.

logicape

quality posts: 3 Private Messages logicape
nfed163 wrote:This has to be the worst woot shirt that I have ever seen...

Thank you - I'm glad I'm not the only one.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

It's an illustration from the recently discovered Seuss book, "One Bird, Two Bird, Red Bird, Dead Bird."

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

kingdomkey wrote:Is the whole wooting world just playing Angry Birds all day? Too many shirts based on this one game. Now plants vs. Zombies...

chasingcrows

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chasingcrows
GeofC wrote:That is exactly what I thought/think.

Er .. did you see yesterday's shirt? I close my case.

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art

cute design

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

lightyourworld22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lightyourworld22

Ooh, people are snarky today. Maybe it's a shirt about how quickly people turn on one another. Or how when people get what they want, they are happy, but the second that they don't get their way, right away (i.e. red bird), they show their true toothy selves. Snap! This design isn't my cuppa tea, but I just assumed that was a matter of personal preference rather than some subjective rule of wootness. Being an artist is a rough gig, eh?

lebo1865

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lebo1865

the story is simple:
first there was 1 bird
then there were 2 birds
then there were 3 birds
and then magically confetti sprang out of the crocodiles mouth scaring the birds away.
the end.

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
lightyourworld22 wrote:Ooh, people are snarky today. Maybe it's a shirt about how quickly people turn on one another. Or how when people get what they want, they are happy, but the second that they don't get their way, right away (i.e. red bird), they show their true toothy selves. Snap! This design isn't my cuppa tea, but I just assumed that was a matter of personal preference rather than some subjective rule of wootness. Being an artist is a rough gig, eh?

Woot = food, puns, and snark! Not my cuppa either, but a well executed design. I always check the number of shirts folks have purchased before I decide whether to put much stock in their snark.

toasterr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toasterr

IMPOSSIBRU!!!
i watch too much animal planet to believe this =p

bpshore

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bpshore

Those Birds look like POPCYCLES. I bet that aligator was in some sort of contest to see how many he could eat.

(Hi TMan)

Great Shirt when it reminds you of friends, otherwise it's kind of doctor suess like in nature.

Torvik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Torvik

Wow. I guess all the good designs are taking the summer off, eh? ;)

stevenschuhly

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stevenschuhly

Question, I just go a woot! shirt in, and I noticed that the tag no longer has the woot! logo on it. In it's place is the brand name "American Apparel" I know that they make the shirts, but, where has my coveted woot! logo gone? Is this some amazonian scheme to destroy my beloved shirtmonger?

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
stevenschuhly wrote:Question, I just go a woot! shirt in, and I noticed that the tag no longer has the woot! logo on it. In it's place is the brand name "American Apparel" I know that they make the shirts, but, where has my coveted woot! logo gone? Is this some amazonian scheme to destroy my beloved shirtmonger?

A guess:
Is it one of the new colors they are offering (slate sliver)? May be they go tthe first batch quickly and didn't get the branding on it due to rush.

stevenschuhly

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stevenschuhly
blanked wrote:A guess:
Is it one of the new colors they are offering (slate sliver)? May be they go tthe first batch quickly and didn't get the branding on it due to rush.

Hmm, nope, it's on the brown that I know and love.

Another source mentioned that it may be that they ran out of woot! branded blanks and subbed in a non-branded counterpart (which would follow in suit with your statement). If so I may consider myself lucky to own the little misfit.

pinothyj

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pinothyj
superstargoddess wrote:Interesting, where did you find that information?

It was what I was always taught in graphic design, in visual arts and again at Uni with multimedia design. And when you think about it, it makes sense: things seem a lot more stable when they have an odd amount of elements in the picture.

Interesting facts…

EDIT: here is a good article explaining it a lot better than I ever could: Rule of Three and Odd Numbers.

klanigan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klanigan

I don't know...It still tastes like chicken.

johnny40000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnny40000

wait this only sold 9 shirts? thats a big kick in the groin that i ever seen one.