ha, excellent!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: I hate that hourglass!

sorry for the double post

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
lyonscc wrote:+1

If it wasn't so sad, I'd laugh a lot more.

at least 37 of us get the "logic" of a baseline budget. ;) would like to get away with THAT in my household

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
Re: lazy superhero

flying may be too mundane for those who can fly...or are lazy... fortunately, there is more than one way to go up.

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
blinddog3d wrote:I think a label like, "8-bit Beer" or "El Ocho" would've set this off. It'a gr8 design and I love the colours. Beer & Bacon always get my vote.

+1
BDog3D

My original idea included text either on the bottle´s label and/or a scroll bellow with some kind of slogan, but after seeing that the vast majority of entries on this derby are text based, I decided against it...

Kyshak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kyshak
Re: Old School

seriously?!

no matter where ever you go...there you are. - Buckaroo Bonzai

kakurady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kakurady
Re: Finally! A good resume...

It would be nicer if the character portrait is more 8-bit: specifically, having the same low resolution as the rest of the shirt and with larger anime-ish proportions (because otherwise the features won't show well).

petitefilou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petitefilou
Re: Old School

Uh... why? I know the rejectionator is fickle and inconsistant, but not THAT fickle and inconsistant as to not notice you've resubmitting a rejected off-topic design without changing anything

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Afternoon stroll through the park

This doesn't look nearly pixelated enough to remind most people of 8bit graphics. Look at how round those little eyes look even from up close.

Too. Round.

Just sayin'

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Pants: Optional

Vacation in Cleveland? Ouch. I'd rather go to the game store.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
tripperfunster wrote:As I'm new here, could someone tell me why i was rejected? "Nope" isn't a particularly helpful reason.

Was it the humour (or lack therof)? Or the botched submission t-shirt thing?

thanks in advance.

Toilet humor is always rejected.

Nothing follows.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Extra Sprinkles!

This is a real amazing!!!

andrewdanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewdanger
Re: No more shuttles

I don't see how this is "off topic". It is, in my opinion, "8-bit". Oh well. Good job, though.

andrewdanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewdanger
Re: Contraband

Really funny and well done. Sorry for the rejection.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: 8-Bit is Dead

Amen, Yes it is!

chunkydesign

Re: Extra Sprinkles!

Voting for this one for two reasons:

- well executed 8-bit art
- not a "corny" text-based design

chunkydesign

icymallard wrote:This doesn't look nearly pixelated enough to remind most people of 8bit graphics. Look at how round those little eyes look even from up close.

Too. Round.

Just sayin'

There seems to be a lot of confusion in this derby between pixelated designs and 8-bit art. I´m no expert on 8-bit art, but in my opinion your design must always fit a square grid to be truthful to the style. In this case what we have is a design made using a square brush to make it look pixelated...

cobaltgrl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cobaltgrl
midgerock wrote:never sold so I took it down and subbed here.
Is that ok?

They aren't my rules, why are you asking me?

So apparently Woot just takes your word for it that a design has never sold and it's OK that it's been out available for sale before?

bellehelene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellehelene
Re: ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO QUIT?

"Your" -- unless that's part of the joke about bureaucratic incompetence.

Bellehelene

tripperfunster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tripperfunster
taternuggets wrote:Toilet humor is always rejected.

Thanks for the clarification! <3

Tehmooes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tehmooes
Re: Life Choices

"Sorry, all out of cake!"
"So, my choices are, 'or death'"

Brilliant, my friend!
I hope this wins!!

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Cat Decoy

That wayward eye makes all the difference.

marzipanapple

Re: Laundry is Life

Ohhh, I'm enjoying this more than I probably should. ;)

marzipanapple

Re: BreakfastQuest

Boots, you've pretty much summed up my childhood as a gamer. I tried the most ridiculous combinations on these types of games.

marzipanapple

Re: The Amazing 2-step Workout

Hah! Reminds me a bit of Junior Senior. I like his expression.

jhernz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhernz

jhernz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhernz
taternuggets wrote:I love all your entries (and own several) but this one bothers me.

How is pressing B any less effort than pressing A?

+1. Still funny first time you read it before thinking...wait a second...

mookabelle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mookabelle
Re: Makin' Bacon

Making baconstrips and baconstrips and baconstrips...

jcdanner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcdanner
Re: Super Effective

So cute. Hope it wins.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Re: Searching... Searching... Searching...

"Where did I leave the keys to my LEM?"

seedsofsedition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seedsofsedition

I really wish it wasn't red since that color looks horrible on me but I still want to vote for this a thousand times (and I'll still buy one, maybe two, if it wins).

Both of your designs rock. They are the first ones I felt like I HAVE TO OWN.

Love the way you draw cats.

ok I'm going to stop gushing now.

good luck.

find me here: cas.lollworks.com

tonythai1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonythai1981
bellehelene wrote:"Your" -- unless that's part of the joke about bureaucratic incompetence.

That's actually my own incompetence. I can't believe I didn't catch that! Thanks for pointing that out your the best! Ahhh I did it again!

vaiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vaiv

thanks for teh votes..yall are great

helgram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages helgram
Re: Brake for Moose. It Will Save Your Life.

I just finished a cross-Canada road trip and can testify that this is absolutely true.

blinddog3d

chunkydesign wrote:My original idea included text either on the bottle´s label and/or a scroll bellow with some kind of slogan, but after seeing that the vast majority of entries on this derby are text based, I decided against it...

It is a very "stand alone" design, and I would so wear this, I just made a suggestion because it needs more love than 6 votes! It's very inviting, makes me want one everytime I look at it.

Wierd derby, anyway. Good luck with it.
brUno

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: Insomnia

This is truly beautiful, clever, and fun! GMV +1 Why this isn't in the fog is beyond me. The isometric style is beautifully done and I'm amazed how far you stretched the limited palette.

As a side note the derby is technically a 3-bit graphics derby. 8-bit graphics have a 256 color space. The NES, although an 8-bit system only had 4-bit color (16 colors total). Since woot limits designs to 7-colors (1 shirt + 6 inks) the closest bit depth is 3-bit (8 colors).

Correction - The NES was capable of 48 colors plus 6 gray tones. That would have made it shy of 6-bit color (64 individual colors). Hooray for Wikipedia!

blinddog3d

chunkydesign wrote:There seems to be a lot of confusion in this derby between pixelated designs and 8-bit art. I´m no expert on 8-bit art, but in my opinion your design must always fit a square grid to be truthful to the style. In this case what we have is a design made using a square brush to make it look pixelated...

You are free to do whatever you want. Read it again, "something mundane and pixelated art." And, ..This is "pixelated." It's not 8-bit, but you can see the jags. It's not "mundane Everyday Life" either. OVER half the entries in this derby aren't on topic, so I guess you can see what side of the fence woot is on, No???

You guys are being to literal. If it sells shirts and he can get away with it, whatever, but everytime you post a bump in his thread with his cute little bunny-thummy it gives it more and more exposure. He is an evil genius! And y'all are the mob.

Kudos Ramis, for the Monty Python rip!
Now, I choose ...to "Run Away!"
*The holy hand grenade of Antioch would have been funny as a choice, but not very subtle*

blinddog3d

Lagbert wrote:This is truly beautiful, clever, and fun! GMV +1 Why this isn't in the fog is beyond me. The isometric style is beautifully done and I'm amazed how far you stretched the limited palette.

As a side note the derby is technically a 3-bit graphics derby. 8-bit graphics have a 256 color space. The NES, although an 8-bit system only had 4-bit color (16 colors total). Since woot limits designs to 7-colors (1 shirt + 6 inks) the closest bit depth is 3-bit (8 colors).

As someone else so cleverly put it...

"I just got a nerd headache."

wanderlane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wanderlane

Even better. Awesome.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Everyday 8bit Suit

Thanks guys, I really enjoyed doing this one. I am vey happy that you liked it.