silverfox333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverfox333
lilygrapetree wrote:?

OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG is this an improbable island reference???
Definitely GMV. :D

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
taternuggets wrote:Yeah, you're limited to using 6 colors for ink.

Welcome to the derby.

How many colors for glitter?

pharmacide

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pharmacide
Re: Box Boy

Some of the levels in this game are:
- Crushing boxes in the cardboard compacter
- Making furniture out of boxes
- Shrink-wrapping your friends
- Pretending to work

I'm sure most people can relate to this from working in a warehouse or stock job. I'm glad I'm back in school so I never have to take one of those jobs again.

logicalcupcake

quality posts: 5 Private Messages logicalcupcake
Re: Press Start

Love the art!

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
cdrewlow wrote:How many colors for glitter?

I heard 2 colors for glitter.

Nothing follows.

jirkjiggler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jirkjiggler
Re: Box Boy

forever box boy
how do i vote?

loudermipr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loudermipr
Re: The Perfect Moment

This is one of the more excellent things I have ever seen. As an engineering nerd I can completely relate

tonythai1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonythai1981
Re: [ Press Start When Ready ]

Seriously, if this design doesn't win I'm gonna get myself one made at the cotton gallery for 20 bucks.

pharmacide

jirkjiggler wrote:forever box boy
how do i vote?

You have to have purchased something from any of the woot sites in order to be able to vote.

pharmacide

Re: HADOUKAT!

Reminds me of the crazy cat lady from the simpsons!

yeahwrite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yeahwrite
Re: Office Hero

The seal says "Coworker Seal of Approval. Everyone loves the guy that brings donuts"

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
Re: Morning Powerup

it's simple, it's clean, it's funny but not too cutesy. also, on brown, and I have me an army of brown t-shirts.

GMV. Good luck!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
jimiyo wrote:just so everyone knows. sarcasm. i beat the horse dead way beyond it had crossed the river sticks. Yeah sticks. Not Styx like the band.

Sadly it took your third post and a rereading of the title for me to get it. My mind has been off for the last few weeks tho, so I have excusish.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
pharmacide wrote:Reminds me of the crazy cat lady from the simpsons!

Reminds me of all those times I saw Alice chasing an intruder down the street shooting cats out of her palms at him. It's such a mundane thing that occurs, that once I saw this entry, I realized that it's totally something that happens everyday! Kind of like breathing... you forget you do it until you think about it.

Awesome design as always!

aethera21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aethera21

You're lucky I'm Church of England!

Eddie Izzard = GMV immediately. Hope it prints, I'll be buying at least 2.

naeylonsidhe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naeylonsidhe
andrewdanger wrote:I don't see how this is "off topic". It is, in my opinion, "8-bit". Oh well. Good job, though.

It is 8-bit. But it is not "ordinary, mundane things". The Gentry even said that while astronauts may consider shuttle launches and space exploring to be ordinary and mundane, the general population would not and it would be rejected. It's all right there in the rules.

kharlamov

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kharlamov
Re: Morning Powerup

This would be my Monday shirt forever!

cwendauthi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwendauthi
Re: Life Choices

I NEED THIS.

(Also, as to its quotidian quotient, how about enjoying/appreciating Eddie Izzard as an everyday thing? AND WITH THIS SHIRT, I CAN DO IT ALL DAY.)

helgram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages helgram
Re: Insomnia

Thank-you truffleshuffle, chunkydesign, Lagbert, blinddog3d!

Adam7986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adam7986
blinddog3d wrote:You are free to do whatever you want. Read it again, "something mundane and pixelated art." And, ..This is "pixelated." It's not 8-bit, but you can see the jags. It's not "mundane Everyday Life" either. OVER half the entries in this derby aren't on topic, so I guess you can see what side of the fence woot is on, No???

You guys are being to literal. If it sells shirts and he can get away with it, whatever, but everytime you post a bump in his thread with his cute little bunny-thummy it gives it more and more exposure. He is an evil genius! And y'all are the mob.

Kudos Ramis, for the Monty Python rip!
Now, I choose ...to "Run Away!"
*The holy hand grenade of Antioch would have been funny as a choice, but not very subtle*

I can see your point, however, 8-bit art and pixelated art are two different things. I could make a super high res eboy like picture and call that pixelated but it's not 8-bit.

I get there is a little bit of leniency in the statement but with the name of the derby being 8-bit, I would assume a picture that clearly isn't 8-bit wouldn't make it into the fog, but that's what I get for assuming right?

All of the other fog designs are 8-bit, his isn't. Here he is though, skirting the rules again to get a quick buck. I think the reason you see a lot of complaining is because Ramyb has so much talent, but instead he chooses to waste it making bunnies, squirrels and turtles.

We all have to make a living so I get it, but, you can choose the path of hard work that makes you the best you can possibly be or you can phone it in everyday and follow the path of least effort.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Hip Knitter

How can you knit a katana? Katana aren't str8 they are curved. I guess that's the joke?

blinddog3d

Re: Super Effective

Well done, this is annoying!

I hate cats, but that's because I'm a dog, but it's really, really adorablly cute so, ...I gotta vote. Arrrrrgh! (Chomp-chomp-chomp, eat the cute kitty!)
+1
Me

I'm only voting because this is so true to everyday Life, dammit.

Adam7986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adam7986

Great work with a square brush, but a square brush does not make this 8-bit. Pretty sloppy on the lettering too... basic 8-bit lettering shouldn't have any odd curves or cut outs from the letters. You are working with squares, everything is uniform and symmetrical. Look at old DOS prompts for more examples.

blinddog3d

jhernz wrote:I went for a young fox (i guess it may look like a kitty?)and searched what a baby fox is called and Kit, Cub and Pup were the common names. I chose PUP since there are plenty of kitty entries.

It's all good, you can call it whatever you want, it's still "Ramyb Cute." I hope that doesn't offend you.

I voted.
BlindDog3D

blinddog3d

Re: Morning Routine

This may be a loose interprtation of the theme, but I guess we'll see, huh?
BD3D

Supersugar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Supersugar

Damn cat.

Need this shirt.

SilentLegend

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SilentLegend
Re: Unread Emails

Aww, if it didn't have the buttons on the bottom I'd be all in. I have a bad habit of letting my mail go.

logicalcupcake

quality posts: 5 Private Messages logicalcupcake

Quickly rising through the ranks! This is one of the few designs I've voted for, I'm really rooting for it to win!

jhernz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhernz
blinddog3d wrote:It's all good, you can call it whatever you want, it's still "Ramyb Cute." I hope that doesn't offend you.

I voted.
BlindDog3D

Oh no at all BlindDog! Thanks for your vote! Now if you can get others to vote too...

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
icspots wrote:1 tree
1 flower = (space)
1 tree
(space)
2 trees
(space)
3 trees
(space)
four trees plus the one you're deciding on (which should be a tree) to make five.

Also, the leaves/branches of the trees are a Fibonacci series.

zombiekim

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zombiekim

Yay Eddie! I really hope this prints. Plus, there are so many cats and coffee jokes for this derby. Many of them are quite good, of course! But it's nice to see some diversity. It always surprises me how many cat entries win the derbies...Maybe I'm just a dog person.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Take that, Tyson!

I am sorry, but how is this "everyday" life. Do you eat people's ears for a living?

joselyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joselyn
Re: How About a Nice Game of Chess?

Resub with the board set up correctly and I'll vote for it!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: 8-Bit Bills

Don't be so hard on yourself, think of the derbies as practice and experience. That is what I do ;) Good luck buddy!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
blinddog3d wrote:You are free to do whatever you want. Read it again, "something mundane and pixelated art." And, ..This is "pixelated." It's not 8-bit, but you can see the jags. It's not "mundane Everyday Life" either. OVER half the entries in this derby aren't on topic, so I guess you can see what side of the fence woot is on, No???

You guys are being to literal. If it sells shirts and he can get away with it, whatever, but everytime you post a bump in his thread with his cute little bunny-thummy it gives it more and more exposure. He is an evil genius! And y'all are the mob.

Kudos Ramis, for the Monty Python rip!
Now, I choose ...to "Run Away!"
*The holy hand grenade of Antioch would have been funny as a choice, but not very subtle*

1) "It sells" is the mantra for business without ethics. If that is a stance you believe in, you are also without ethics.

2) It doesn't matter if only one derby entry is on topic, and that one derby entry is horrible: that should be the winner, and nothing should win saturday and sunday.

3) I am surprised, in a community full of the most tedious webdorks on the planet, nobody bothered to note that Monty Python has released a Grail based video game. Which means this is, by definition, out of bounds: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python_%26_the_Quest_for_the_Holy_Grail

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi

Thank you for the support, everyone!

@nblottie - Glad you liked my other design! I love your current one, and congrats on the print!

@blinddog3d - Thanks for the kind words, sir. I'd be humbled to ruin a perfectly good shirt with my train-wreck signature.

@logicalcupcake - thank you, thank you

@Adam7986 - I appreciate the feedback, and I'm glad you bring up the 8-bit stuff because I tried to look into what sort of resolution to work in. I found 512x512 (which could be totally wrong, I didn't have a whole lot of luck here) and made the image at that resolution and blew it up to printable size by preserving the hard edges with PS. I went into the design thinking the "graphics" were going to be a lot more like mario 3 than 1 (1 being closer to what most people probably associate with the traditional 8-bit feel), so yes, there are some curves in there they didn't really use in first generation 8-bit games.

Here is a good link I glanced over for reference.

I'll shut up now. Good night everyone!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
TonyGreyfox wrote:Yep, absolutely the same, if 'absolutely the same' can be defined as 'almost entirely completely different except for they both have a coffee cup in them.' Immediate rejection there.

To me, just being a thief should be an immediate rejection, but woot hasn't ever cared about that.

There is no meaningful difference between this and the other design. The other design in and of itself was a tired take on an unimpressive idea. The first person to brew coffee would have been mocked for his uninspired idea if he'd designed this the next day. It's like when Ramy put a good and evil bunny on a shirt. Good and evil at either side has been done a thousand times, so we all know it got rejec... oh wait, no, it didn't get rejected, even though someone else had just used the same tired trope on a woot tee. If there is any difference here, it is that this doesn't even make sense. Both tees are about coffee as a power up, but ramy seems to think it gives extra lives. It's like saying "it was the best of multiplication, it was the worst of multiplication" to paraphrase Tale of Two Cities. It's the same exact line OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PWNIESens wrote, but your faulty synonym search alters the meaning into something meaningless. And really, that's the Ramy way. Take a tired tee trope and add bunnies for some reason. Change a design just slightly by using a joke that makes less sense while being just as unoriginal. If you wore this and the other one after another, people would laugh at you and ask if you only owned one shirt. And that should be enough to call any shirt identical. If this isn't rejected, all that shows is one more instance of woot caring more about money than their contest or their artists, and one more instance of Ramy getting special privileges no one else in the derby gets.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

Yep, this pretty much sums up cats ... and probably explains why I'm more of a dog person.

Still GMV.

ninjarobx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninjarobx
Re: Afternoon stroll through the park

after reading a few of the comments...i guess no one gets the "search for the holy grail" reference...kids need to watch better TV LOL

ninjarobx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninjarobx
ninjarobx wrote:after reading a few of the comments...i guess no one gets the "search for the holy grail" reference...kids need to watch better TV LOL

oh and haters gonna hate :D