infamouslunchbox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages infamouslunchbox
Re: The Perfect Moment

It's like you made a text adventure of my life. It's sad, but funny. I'd buy two. Just in case one got dirty.

evilaelf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evilaelf
Re: Oh, Grow Up

Great if you want people to stare at your chest while they work out what it says!

I agree with above person, Hello would have been better and quicker to understand.

evilaelf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evilaelf
Re: captain obvious

Red shirt of death! :D

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
AdderXYU wrote:1) "It sells" is the mantra for business without ethics. If that is a stance you believe in, you are also without ethics.

2) It doesn't matter if only one derby entry is on topic, and that one derby entry is horrible: that should be the winner, and nothing should win saturday and sunday.

3) I am surprised, in a community full of the most tedious webdorks on the planet, nobody bothered to note that Monty Python has released a Grail based video game. Which means this is, by definition, out of bounds: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python_%26_the_Quest_for_the_Holy_Grail

"It doesn't sell" is the mantra of Borders Book and Blockbuster.

Wikipedia? Hold on...I'm going to create a notation that says the game never existed. Give me a few minutes.

capsfanbryce

quality posts: 4 Private Messages capsfanbryce
Re: Slacker Quest

Awesome design, hope it gets printed!

htfs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages htfs
Re: The Legend of Pancakes

Hey! This shirt was featured on TheChive.com's daily morning awesomeness for today.

Congrats!

I referred people in the comments to come here if they want to vote and subsequently buy it.

darnold316

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darnold316

I was laughing for about a minute when I saw this shirt, because it reminds me of my cat when she gets upset. Hope you're one of the winners, because I'll definitely get one.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
htfs wrote:Hey! This shirt was featured on TheChive.com's daily morning awesomeness for today.

Congrats!

I referred people in the comments to come here if they want to vote and subsequently buy it.

That's awesome! Congrats fishbits!

ps... Can I call you fishbits?

Pss... After viewing the site, a mention on who created it and where it came from would have been nice.

Nothing follows.

rkenimer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rkenimer
Askiopop wrote:Woah my gosh it's a honda odyssey

Yes, should have been a Buick Roadmaster ;)

Apparently it's fashionable to have a signature.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
rkenimer wrote:Yes, should have been a Buick Roadmaster ;)

Wagon Queen Family Truckster.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: BreakfastQuest

I agree with kyle - I really, really hate this derby. I wish I could qualify that with a nice comment about this particular shirt. Well, it's well-done, at least.
But I'm not a gamer.
I'm not a geek (much).
I don't follow all the gazillions of inane memes out there.
I have no idea why some dork would randomly decide to tape bacon to his cat, much less publicize it.
Or why people would copy him and do it, too.
I am a sad and lonely person.

j5

AdderXYU wrote:1) "It sells" is the mantra for business without ethics. If that is a stance you believe in, you are also without ethics.

Not to speak for Mr. Dog3D, but a cynical observation of the state of things does not necessarily constitute endorsement of same.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
Re: Life Choices

I logged on for the first time in a long while just to vote for this shirt. If this does not print I have officially lost all faith in Woot. Fantastic shirt.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
paigeg wrote:I agree with kyle - I really, really hate this derby. I wish I could qualify that with a nice comment about this particular shirt. Well, it's well-done, at least.
But I'm not a gamer.
I'm not a geek (much).
I don't follow all the gazillions of inane memes out there.
I have no idea why some dork would randomly decide to tape bacon to his cat, much less publicize it.
Or why people would copy him and do it, too.
I am a sad and lonely person.

I'd never heard of the guy who taped bacon to his cat, either. The joke was just based on how you used to try to solve adventure games by using random objects on each other. You'd always get the "that does not work" message when you'd type something like "use bacon on cat," but you'd still always try it.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I love when people like my random humor. It's the best.

Kyshak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kyshak
Re: Office Hero

Dexter brings doughnuts...and he dismembers people...so maybe i should be wary of the guy who brings sweet confections!

no matter where ever you go...there you are. - Buckaroo Bonzai

panel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages panel
joselyn wrote:Resub with the board set up correctly and I'll vote for it!

Good eye, King and queen are reversed

j5

BootsBoots wrote:The joke was just based on how you used to try to solve adventure games by using random objects on each other. You'd always get the "that does not work" message when you'd type something like "use bacon on cat," but you'd still always try it.

I'm "helping" my son through the original Monkey Island games and this is the advice I have passed on to him. Hopefully he'll have learned enough by the end to tackle a King's Quest adventure (stupid random puzzle solves)

rtgchuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rtgchuck
krishachaos wrote:This one makes me giggle

haha, thanks!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
j5 wrote:I'm "helping" my son through the original Monkey Island games and this is the advice I have passed on to him. Hopefully he'll have learned enough by the end to tackle a King's Quest adventure (stupid random puzzle solves)

Monkey Island! "Hmm... a rubber chicken with a pully in the middle. What possible use could that have?"

TonyH189

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TonyH189

7 colors

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Super Effective

I love it! I used to give my cats milk... but then every time I walked by the fridge they used this attack... Eventually it became "Person's defense has risen"

j5

Re: Not enough rupees

Previously rejected resub with no changes?
Awesome.

lucksource

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lucksource
ramyb wrote:The important thing is that you took the time to complain as opposed to just moving on with your life.

Alright, you've officially earned my grudging pseudo-admiration, sir. You've elevated the phrase "OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES!! you" to an art form.

And yes, I laughed when I saw this. Well played, Champion of Vapid Bunneh Designs. Well played.

Leeny11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Leeny11
stingray69 wrote:Vacation in Cleveland? Ouch. I'd rather go to the game store.

Hey, at least it's not Detroit!

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
blinddog3d wrote:How can you knit a katana?

I didn't say it would be a /good/ katana. And yes, that is part of the joke. But I refer you to this fine example. I hadn't looked it up before I drew the shirt, but I knew I could count on the world community of geek knitters not only to have done it, but to have taken a picture and put it on the Internet. But then, I've personally seen more than one example of knit celery in my life, so basically the take-away here is that Rule 34 also applies to knitting.

I considered making the fourth panel "PISTON ENGINE", but that would have been harder to draw in 60x60px.

Katana aren't str8 they are curved. I guess that's the joke?

Thanks for the feedback on the art. I actually tried to make the blade both narrower and slightly curved. In that level of definition and colorspace I couldn't find a way to make it narrower without losing the mirror shine. When I tried to get that teeeeeeeny bit curved, it looked like either a cutlass or a mistake. Think of it as another type of sword if you like.

taternuggets

j5 wrote:Previously rejected resub with no changes?
Awesome.

The pants are blue now.

Nothing follows.

kentzonestar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kentzonestar
j5 wrote:Previously rejected resub with no changes?
Awesome.

Actually I changed the colors of the clothes. Apparently it looked too much like Link.

ccazabon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
Re: Afternoon stroll through the park

I feel like you kinda dropped the ball on this design. It just doesn't seem like you put nearly as much work into it as you usually do.

crabtastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crabtastic

My First attempt at the coveted Derby so please by kind but I also welcome your honest feedback.

Smashing!

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Sunday Roast

Giant squids interrupting dinner is mundane?

I guess I didn't know this because I don't live near an ocean?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

unionboggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unionboggle
Re: Fate of Progress

uuugh, walking

"taste the beast"

unionboggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unionboggle

i'm done with this week's farse. Unless a list of "acceptable" on-topic concepts is made available.

"taste the beast"

lightyourworld22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lightyourworld22
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:Yeah. That's pretty much my thoughts too. Unless that rabbit has some very discrete strain of rabies, nothing about this rabbit suggests that one should be wary of it.

What!? In the Buffyverse, only one person understood the true nature of bunnies and how terrifying they are with their twitchy little noses. RIP Anya.

type40geekwithsam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages type40geekwithsam
Re: 8-Bit Hamlet

I would wear this if he looked like David Tennant. ;-D

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Throw Coffee

Confrontation with your boss is never fun... Until Now!

dlyducker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlyducker
dlyducker wrote:This rocks! Nice look and totally fits the theme without being OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES! and boring. I would buy this.

I didn't put in the ponies part. I don;t knwo where that came from. I said "Nice look and totally fits the theme without being OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES! and boring".

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
Re: Unparalleled Clarity

It's like I'm right there! I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the commercials for HDTV that run on regular TV rather silly. "This could look better! Trust us!"

taternuggets

dlyducker wrote:I didn't put in the ponies part. I don;t knwo where that came from. I said "Nice look and totally fits the theme without being OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES! and boring".

Frustrating, isn't it?

Nothing follows.

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
taternuggets wrote:Frustrating, isn't it?

Not if you like ponies.

jhernz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhernz
Re: Life Choices

WOW! This shot up right to the fog. Congrats, maybe you'll pull a repeat win back to back.