solusumbra

quality posts: 1 Private Messages solusumbra
Re: Slacker Quest

*sigh* I guess I liked this too much for it to get printed...

bluefireiscool

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bluefireiscool
Re: Piano Lessons

READING RAINBOW!!!

crabtastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crabtastic

Love this Shirt! I will be getting two of these when they're up for sale. Awesome work!

Re: Dinner With The In-Laws

crabtastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crabtastic

It's a hard choice between this and BreakfastQuest by BootsBoots. Both are brilliant concepts! Either way, If one of these make it to production, I'm sold!

Re: Dinner With The In-Laws

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
DoublEE wrote:"It doesn't sell" is the mantra of Borders Book and Blockbuster.

Wikipedia? Hold on...I'm going to create a notation that says the game never existed. Give me a few minutes.

Borders and Blockbuster are no different. Big box retailers don't care about quality. they care about sales. Better to see them gone.

And while you're editing wikipedia, you should also edit these links:
http://www.adventureclassicgaming.com/index.php/site/reviews/54/

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/565196-monty-python-and-the-quest-for-the-holy-grail

http://www.ign.com/cheats/games/monty-python-and-the-quest-for-the-holy-grail-pc-6893

See, Wikipedia is a great resource to jump off from for research. So if you're researching something, going to wikipedia will confirm it exists, and the references will confirm that the statement of its existing is valid, depending on where the references come from. Wikipedia on its own is fallible. That is why there are references: you get the rough draft, and then you check the sources, and if they are credible, you use them. I see nothing untrustworthy about those three gaming sites, but I thought I'd link a couple more. Most intelligent people, given a non-in-depth article, would simply check the references, of course. It is not an abstract about rocket science. It is basically a citation that a game exists, with links to prove it.

Of course, for the true skeptic... the 9/11 conspiracist, the Young Earther, the Climate Isn't Real Because Liberals Care About It armchair scientist observing that snow is evidence against climate change... I offer you to buy a copy off ebay. There are many, and they're cheap. But I guess I could have made a number of ebay accounts to sell fake goods (wow, that doesn't sound like something close to home, does it?) If so, you could always watch a video of the game (complete with "run away" button below). Now, I don't think I can hack YouTube to post a video anticipating the Ramy Era months before he ever showed up at woot, which is good, because clearly I could have forged a video sequence. Hopefully that is solid enough proof. The rabbit comes in at about the 3 minute mark. Which means a choppy white rabbit, with the option to "Run away," is in a video game. Which means this should be rejected. Forget that Ramy has used this tired trope numerous times before. This time it's decidedly against the rules. If Jawas are axed for being video game characters (which they are, and should have been axed already for not being every-day events), so too should this.

unionboggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unionboggle
Re: Super Effective

it's stupid. where's the mundane task?

"taste the beast"

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 130 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
unionboggle wrote:it's stupid. where's the mundane task?

I tend to feed my pets everyday... =D

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
Re: WORK WARP

i've look above the ceiling tiles...if only there was a secret passage to this room...

mattlussier

design note... all graphic elements were created from scratch in vector, and changed slightly as to not be identical clones of the original elements

piratepenny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages piratepenny

oh my gosh i want this shirt. if it doesnt get printed here, please have it printed somewhere! this would be an instabuy!

meganmegaphone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meganmegaphone
Re: Time Machine.

I laughed out loud! Go microwave, go!

Ooga booga booga

meganmegaphone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meganmegaphone
Re: Go Tetri-Clean your room young man!

For those of us who see tetris pieces everywhere after playing...

Ooga booga booga

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
AdderXYU wrote:(Mod note: Livin' large, quotin' big for 1 line of commentary)

All I have to say is Wow...you have some odd priorities in life and waaaay too much time on your hands.

melloncollie3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melloncollie3
AdderXYU wrote: If so, you could always watch a video of the game (complete with "run away" button below). Now, I don't think I can hack YouTube to post a video anticipating the Ramy Era months before he ever showed up at woot, which is good, because clearly I could have forged a video sequence. Hopefully that is solid enough proof. The rabbit comes in at about the 3 minute mark. Which means a choppy white rabbit, with the option to "Run away," is in a video game. Which means this should be rejected.

You sir, are a trooper. Thank you!

Part of me wonders if he's even aware of Monty Python anyway, because it's focussed around a park as opposed to a cave/mountain thing... In which case it's just a hackneyed design.

ekhozindar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekhozindar
Re: Afternoon stroll through the park

Man.. all i know is if this wins but slacker quest doesn't I'm going to be sorely disappointed. Again.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Re: My Iconic Life

I'm a UI artist by day and this shirt is really great. I'm surprised it doesn't have more votes. GMV +1

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: How About a Nice Game of Chess? (Resub)

Doesn't look 8-bit, looks too smooth. Look up early chess games a see what the pieces looked like. This is also an actual video game, I can't believe it made it this far.

It looks good, though.
BlindDog3D

blinddog3d

Re: >You see no lantern here!

Maybe you need to do more "Daily Life," Cuz I don't know when the last time I came across a grue.

8-bit graphics about daily life...
BlindDog3D

blinddog3d

Re: Box Boy

Righteous! Funny! Well done!
BlindDog3D

+1

piratepenny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages piratepenny

not sure if this is what the goal was, but im reminded of this toy from childhood:

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llbofsVrNE1qbat72o1_500.jpg

blinddog3d

stifroc wrote:it's 9
This is my 1st entry here, so I guess it's back to the drawing board.

You might want to leave out the word, "ARE," also. It's not proper English.

"All your kids belong to us," is the correct way to write that phrase.

Too many colors, too many words, and too many pixels. Too bad. Show a little restraint, next time... Just Kidding.

Better luck next time,
BlindDog3D

blinddog3d

meganmegaphone wrote:I laughed out loud! Go microwave, go!

I don't get it, the clock? Using a microwave oven for a clock? Is that the joke?
..............?
BLINDdog3D

blinddog3d

ekhozindar wrote:Man.. all i know is if this wins but slacker quest doesn't I'm going to be sorely disappointed. Again.

Welcome to shirt.woot, Get used to it.

jimkiler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimkiler
Re: The Legend of Pancakes

If this one wins I am so buying it for my nephews.

maximus08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maximus08
blinddog3d wrote:You might want to leave out the word, "ARE," also. It's not proper English.

"All your kids belong to us," is the correct way to write that phrase.

Too many colors, too many words, and too many pixels. Too bad. Show a little restraint, next time... Just Kidding.

Better luck next time,
BlindDog3D

You might want to stop criticizing other entries when you have no clue what you're freaking talking about.

The use of the word 'are' is the joke.

Better luck next time.

blinddog3d

unionboggle wrote:it's stupid. where's the mundane task?

I didn't know we could write "stupid!!?" That's Javatardid cool!

Yeah, feeding pets, plants, and children are unmistakably a mundane part of daily life. The squeaky wheel gets greased... Feed me, Seymore. (whimper, whine, "I want McDonald's.")

Gr8 design, Dianna! Hope it prints!
Good Luck,
BlindDog3D (woof!)

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
maximus08 wrote:You might want to stop criticizing other entries when you have no clue what you're freaking talking about.

Better luck next time.

Point.

Mr. Dog3D, please spend a few hours over at http://knowyourmeme.com
When finished, feel free to use anything listed as "trending, confirmed, or popular" for your next Shirt.woot derby entry. Votes will surely follow. (just don't use the images found there)

move along

blinddog3d

maximus08 wrote:You might want to stop criticizing other entries when you have no clue what you're freaking talking about.

Better luck next time.

I can critiicize whatever I want, but that's not what I was doing. It looked like English was not their first language and I was trying to help, take a chill-pill, Aztech.

I couldn't tell from the design that it was being used as a parody, so give me a break! I'm sure I'm not alone.

When you do a joke that obscure, you might want to notate where it originates from. There are only 21,568,152,234 video games out there I can only play so many.

blinddog3d

j5 wrote:Point.

Mr. Dog3D, please spend a few hours over at http://knowyourmeme.com
When finished, feel free to use anything listed as "trending, confirmed, or popular" for your next Shirt.woot derby entry. Votes will surely follow. (just don't use the images found there)

They didn't this time, did they? Can't vote on a rejected entry. Good advice.

...meh.
BlindDog3D

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
j5 wrote:(just don't use the images found there)

lol'ed.

Nothing follows.

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks

Hah! I wish I had that in my office, for sure.

I've often wished for one of those whistles from Super Mario Bros 3 so I could skip rush hour on the way home too.

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle
Re: Afternoon stroll through the park

So besides the weak sauce concept, the shadows are all jacked up.

The light source appears to be above the head and between the viewer and the rabbit while the shadow on the ground reflects a light source behind the rabbit.

Don't even get me started on the inconsistency between the shadows on the rabbits body and it's head.

The lack of attention to simple details is spectacularly incredible. I would think the "fans" of Ramyb should be ashamed of this work, it's substandard even by the usual standards.

quasisketch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quasisketch
jimkiler wrote:If this one wins I am so buying it for my nephews.

If this one wins I am so buying it for myself!

flygirlpegasus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flygirlpegasus
Re: What? where's the I'd want one button?Power up in the morning

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
Re: My Iconic Life

@ nblottie - thanks for your comment, but this clearly ain´t the derby for me, since both my entries have such a low score...

mattlussier

Re: POLITICALPONG

it's the latest rage!
whoever wins... we loose!

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

This is gorgeous. I'll be shocked if it doesn't place.

ghost650

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ghost650
Askiopop wrote:Woah my gosh it's a honda odyssey

was thinking the same thing! great depiction! I need to get this shirt now...

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: I hate that hourglass!

Awww man, I liked this one, Walz! So clever, and I think we all hate that guy T_T. Great work, I hope this picks up an HM!

shadowox8

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shadowox8
Re: read a book!

That song was awesome.