omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Resub: Bum

I thought he was Bill Muray lol

ponyscribbles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ponyscribbles
Re: Power-Up

Coming in kind of late on this unfortunately, but I think having the guy on there and all that extra stuff made it a bit busy-looking; it would have been a much stronger design if you'd just put the coffee cup, the sparkles, and the "power up" on as the design.

ekhozindar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekhozindar
solusumbra wrote:*sigh* I guess I liked this too much for it to get printed...

this was such a good design. i hate all of you for not voting for this...

ekhozindar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekhozindar

this was clever.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
ekhozindar wrote:this was such a good design. i hate all of you for not voting for this...

This was only Tuesday; get out the vote for the shirts you like.

andreasz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andreasz
logicalcupcake wrote:Kind of wish the taco was more full xD
I like the design, but I think it would have a better chance of fogging if you had posted the design sooner.

Logicalcupcake your alias seems to be quite accurate :p yeah i didn't get much time to work on the derby this time since I'm at work all day... even though my boss sometimes yells cz I'm wooting all day XD

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: put on my wizard hat and robe

This entry was actually my favorite. I'm sorry it didn't make the fog. I think it's the most clever work here! Great Design.

kimbadawhitelyon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimbadawhitelyon
Re: Go Tetri-Clean your room young man!

This is an awesome idea, LOVE IT <3 but I think it needs a heap more items in there and one on the way down too.

arek920

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arek920
rasabi wrote:Thank you for the support, everyone!

@nblottie - Glad you liked my other design! I love your current one, and congrats on the print!

@blinddog3d - Thanks for the kind words, sir. I'd be humbled to ruin a perfectly good shirt with my train-wreck signature.

@logicalcupcake - thank you, thank you

@Adam7986 - I appreciate the feedback, and I'm glad you bring up the 8-bit stuff because I tried to look into what sort of resolution to work in. I found 512x512 (which could be totally wrong, I didn't have a whole lot of luck here) and made the image at that resolution and blew it up to printable size by preserving the hard edges with PS. I went into the design thinking the "graphics" were going to be a lot more like mario 3 than 1 (1 being closer to what most people probably associate with the traditional 8-bit feel), so yes, there are some curves in there they didn't really use in first generation 8-bit games.

Here is a good link I glanced over for reference.

I'll shut up now. Good night everyone!

Please please please find a way to allow us to purchase this if it doesn't get selected.

melloncollie3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melloncollie3
vixcarin wrote:Unless it's the rabbit from Monty Python's "Search for the Holy Grail". Then terror will strike in your heart.

Except the title suggests it to be a random rabbit encountered in a park... If RamyB says it's based on Monty Python then all is well and good, but thus far he hasn't... So it's still just a run o' the mill fluffy wabbit.

bbbrob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbbrob
Re: Life Choices

The cake is a lie! (Wait, that's not 8-bit!)

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
AzurePhoenix wrote:OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG! (okay where did the ponies come from?? *looks around for those crazy shirtwooter mods*) That takes this shirt to a whole new level! I love "Whatever" but I found it waaay after Scalzi did that. I really need to go back thru his archives to see what other odd things he has done.

Bootsboots, you are such a great artist, I love picking up your designs and even when I don't grab your shirts, I always think that your ideas are creative. Thank you!

Oh... you're welcome (I never know how to respond to huge compliments). ;)

jimkiler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimkiler
htfs wrote:Hey! This shirt was featured on TheChive.com's daily morning awesomeness for today.

Congrats!

I referred people in the comments to come here if they want to vote and subsequently buy it.

I thought you have to buy a shirt before you can vote in the derby's.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
jimkiler wrote:I thought you have to buy a shirt before you can vote in the derby's.

Correct. Well, you have to buy something, it doesn't have to be a shirt.

Nothing follows.

cwendauthi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwendauthi
gement wrote:Without any kind of framing on the t-shirt, there's no reason to interpret it as anything but a direct experience of the Doctor's day, which is in the same territory as astronauts, Godzilla, and Alice throwing cats, all of which have been nixed in this derby.

Still really cool tinyart, though! Do you have any more of your work up online?

I definitely see the point, but at the same time, I think anything that framed it as "watching a tv show" would have made it an unwearable shirt, at least for me.

As it is, Fenrirsknight, I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a different home for this design if it does get rejected; it's an awesome design, and who doesn't like Doctor Who? ^_^

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Dr. M's Enhancement Supplement v2

Seriously?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

blinddog3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Self Pixelating Hands Who Will Finish First!!!

Self Pixelating Escher Hands. OK this is it.

Nice recycle and tribute to Escher. Why not? I like the shirt colour, too, I would wear this, definitely! It smart!
V+1
BD3D

Arand3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arand3
Re: 8 Bits a Dollar

Brilliant! 2-bits, 4-bits, 8-bits, a dollar!

blinddog3d

Re: WORK WARP RESUB

I barely see the changes. This probably won't fly either, but it is well done and a gr8 shirt!

Good Luck,
BD3D

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Mavyn wrote:Seriously?

unfortunately.

blinddog3d

Re: Ate bits of Bacon

I was kinda going for a binary-thang, with the "bacon math." There are "8 bits" of bacon in the equation and it equals love (11+11=♥). A pun on "Bacon bits" but also "Eight" and "Ate."

I did 2 versions, for those that didn't like the pun on "Ate."

Enjoy,
BlindDog3D

tenieldjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo
Re: The Suburban Trail

This is fantastic. I wish it would print. At the very least I think this will get an HM!

andreasz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andreasz
Re: Mow Lawn, Get Rich.

logically there shouldn't be any coins behind him...

crabtastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crabtastic
Re: Dinner With The In-Laws

Thanks for the votes guys! I think I get the gist of this derby contraption now. I'm not a big fan of text on a shirt but without it my shirt kind of failed.b
Hopefully the next round's theme is 'squid related thoughts while eating dinner'

Until next time shnerds! (shirt nerds)

yakimikku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakimikku
StrayNostalgia wrote:Seriously doubt this will be marked as off-topic. The original games were kinda famous for maintaining the same 8-bit style battle graphics, and this mimics that interface quite well. Half of the other entries so far are just pixelated versions of random objects, so this seems safe.

By the way, this design is awesome and I'd buy myself the tee in a heartbeat. I hear the crappy MIDI tracks by just looking at this shirt, and that's a good feeling!

Hahaha thanks for the comments StrayNostalgia!! Glad to bring back some pokemon nostalgia! :D

epicfal wrote:This is fantastic. I want to wear this to the farmer's market. And while cooking. And while eating. Let those tomatoes quake in fear!

I love that the guy is armed with a knife and pan. This is so well done.

Thank you for the comments as well Epicfal!! Glad you like it so much! I hope in the future if I get a good idea I'll be able to execute it to the fog!

higgyce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages higgyce
dvaguru wrote:I might leave out the basket and do a closeup of your baby looking in and the reflection on the glass would show "eyes of wonder."

sounds like an awesome idea...sadly I dont think I have the skills to do something quite like that yet...this is only my second derby and I've never done anything like this before, I do have another version of this that's just the washing machine with the baby but its much bigger and only has like 3 votes...thats why I made this version

chingfang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chingfang
Re: Power up in the morning

How can I buy this t-shirt?

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
chingfang wrote:How can I buy this t-shirt?

None of these shirts have been printed yet. After voting closes, the three with the most votes will be printed. This one isn't in the top 9, so it's unlikely to be printed here.

When people submit to the Derby, they give Woot printing rights for 60 days. After that, they can put up the design for sale somewhere else if they want. It's always worth asking the artist if they intend to do that.

gement

ekhozindar wrote:this was such a good design. i hate all of you for not voting for this...

Remember, voters are Philistines. Unless your shirt is winning, then they have great taste and recognize genius.

gement

vixcarin wrote:Unless it's the rabbit from Monty Python's "Search for the Holy Grail". Then terror will strike in your heart.

But if you admit it's the Killer Rabbit, then it's no longer Everyday 8-Bit, it's Supernatural Creatures in a Medieval Setting 8-Bit, and it gets rejected. People are bending over backwards to accept this as an everyday rabbit for the purposes of the theme, at which point the joke goes away. You can't have it both ways.

(I'm in the "should have been rejected" camp on this one, because as much as I love a good Killer Rabbit, it's not in theme here.)

danhoch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danhoch
Re: 8-Bit is Dead

Pat says that it is Dead,Dead,Dead! We like it!

gement

cwendauthi wrote:I definitely see the point, but at the same time, I think anything that framed it as "watching a tv show" would have made it an unwearable shirt, at least for me.

I agree. This is a pretty tricky derby for staying in-theme.

gement

Re: 8-Fit

I've given Woot 36 hours from my first Tattle, so in addition to tattling again, I'm showing my work. This is clip art.

http://www.fordesigner.com/maps//11312-0.htm

gement

rasabi wrote:@Adam7986 - I appreciate the feedback, and I'm glad you bring up the 8-bit stuff because I tried to look into what sort of resolution to work in. I found 512x512 (which could be totally wrong, I didn't have a whole lot of luck here) and made the image at that resolution and blew it up to printable size by preserving the hard edges with PS. I went into the design thinking the "graphics" were going to be a lot more like mario 3 than 1 (1 being closer to what most people probably associate with the traditional 8-bit feel), so yes, there are some curves in there they didn't really use in first generation 8-bit games.

Here is a good link I glanced over for reference.

Thanks for the very useful link! I'm glad I'm not the only person who got obsessive about figuring out what the actual limitations are.

There seem to be a lot of people who either have no idea what 8-bit means and didn't look it up (and the Derby writeup didn't give many leads), or think they know what counts but then severely underestimate the power of early machines.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: I hate that hourglass!

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Lesson one, do not hide. Lesson two, there are right ways to fight.

thatrobert

Re: The Suburban Trail

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.

thatrobert

Re: My Iconic Life

• This is not SPAM.

beachcomber1969

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beachcomber1969
Re: Hip Knitter

Please, please, please print and sell this somewhere and let all of us know. "Us" being the coolest of the Wooters - the Knitting Wooters. If only we had more voting power!

PS: thanks for throwing in some Whovian too! That got me doing a few girly screams.

thatrobert

Re: The Amazing 2-step Workout

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: finish itttt!

• This is not SPAM.