+ Add a Comment

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121
KtCallista wrote:
Tennis - I hope the doctors finds something, it all sounds so miserable. Having been forced to "sit down" for 1.5 years, I can commiserate with you.

I talked to a Prof/writer friend of mine and finally confessed that I envy her job (and writing) and she gave me some advice, turns out her husband does the professor version of what I've been doing since graduation, so I may have to corner him on campus to chat some time.... she recommended waiting on grad school though, might not be a bad idea.

I desperately want to be back in grad. school. It's painful.

I'm really hoping whatever is going on is manageable, because all the research paths I could see myself involved in (including the one that I'm technically still involved in) require working in a fume hood and being up on my feet a lot, not even to mention a significant amount of finger/hand dexterity (which is starting to be pretty hindered unfortunately).

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
tennisplayer121 wrote:I desperately want to be back in grad. school. It's painful.

I'm really hoping whatever is going on is manageable, because all the research paths I could see myself involved in (including the one that I'm technically still involved in) require working in a fume hood and being up on my feet a lot, not even to mention a significant amount of finger/hand dexterity (which is starting to be pretty hindered unfortunately).

LP

She meant for me, but I hear ya. Part of me really wants to get out there and do something, anything. I hope it all comes out so that you can keep your dream. It sucks having stuff you can't control tear away your future. Trust me, we live that with Orc.

LP

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
KtCallista wrote:She meant for me, but I hear ya. Part of me really wants to get out there and do something, anything. I hope it all comes out so that you can keep your dream. It sucks having stuff you can't control tear away your future. Trust me, we live that with Orc.

LP

KtCallista, everything is going to be fine and ok for you and Orc. You are such fine and good people. You are really beautiful.
Love you.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
KtCallista wrote:I don't have a chrome problem actually... I have a problem with Google/Blogger, in that my blog is associated with it's own google account, not my primary google account. Also Facebook is a snoop so I isolated them to my second browser, which currently is Opera (but has been FF) and Opera really doesn't like Facebook.

I use both Chrome and CoolNovo (nee Chromeplus) they are based on the same codebase (chromium), but don't share session information, so you can browse separately.

LP

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

KtCallista

j5 wrote:I use both Chrome and CoolNovo (nee Chromeplus) they are based on the same codebase (chromium), but don't share session information, so you can browse separately.

LP

Now this is new information! Thank you kindly, I will look into this!

Rain - I know we will be fine, it's just hard to see my husband rejected repeatedly because they aren't willing to accommodate his physical inability to hear on the phone. It's really such a stupid thing, ya know.

LP

tennisplayer121

KtCallista wrote:She meant for me, but I hear ya. Part of me really wants to get out there and do something, anything. I hope it all comes out so that you can keep your dream. It sucks having stuff you can't control tear away your future. Trust me, we live that with Orc.

LP

Yeah I know...I didn't misunderstand. I was just basically venting about it because I really don't want anything else but to feel well enough to go back to school. I don't know Orc's story, but "it sucks" hits home enough that I can empathize unfortunately.

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:Yeah I know...I didn't misunderstand. I was just basically venting about it because I really don't want anything else but to feel well enough to go back to school. I don't know Orc's story, but "it sucks" hits home enough that I can empathize unfortunately.

LP

Wasn't it nicer when you could just "imagine". I am jealous you know what you want to do. I guess that's the problem when everything sounds cool, fun, interesting. Do get better Tennis. I hope the docs find a way to kick this for you so you can get back to your life.

LP

tennisplayer121

Well...not great news on the medical front for the time being. Still hoping something will be discovered, but as it stands right now, managing symptoms is going to be the only possibility.

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:Well...not great news on the medical front for the time being. Still hoping something will be discovered, but as it stands right now, managing symptoms is going to be the only possibility.

LP

I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes it takes a long time to learn everything. We have yet to arrive in a world where we can engineer the fixes for ourselves, unfortunately. I hope the management gives you back some of your life.

LP

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
tennisplayer121 wrote:Well...not great news on the medical front for the time being. Still hoping something will be discovered, but as it stands right now, managing symptoms is going to be the only possibility.

LP

Aww, sorry to hear they didn't give you something more concrete about what's going on with you. Are possible infusions on the table at this point? Sorry it took so long to answer back...was out of town.

Curious, have they checked for internal shingles? It can be pretty life altering and many many docs never think to look inward for them if there aren't outward signs of it. A family member of mine had them for almost two years undiagnosed...HUP caught it.

last finally home and get my own bed post

tennisplayer121

Nah. I'm going in for another round of blood tests tomorrow to essentially rule out any "loose ends" so to speak. Then it's just another appointment in 5 weeks to continue this seemingly endless investigation/management strategies.

On a happier note, since I don't have an entirely ton of pressing stuff to do, I decided to see if I could sit in at least one of the chemistry courses on campus. The professor didn't care at all, so I'm unofficially auditing a course. Today, I also ran into my adviser and he told me that it was a good thing I was sitting in the class and to "not disappear" lol.

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:Nah. I'm going in for another round of blood tests tomorrow to essentially rule out any "loose ends" so to speak. Then it's just another appointment in 5 weeks to continue this seemingly endless investigation/management strategies.

On a happier note, since I don't have an entirely ton of pressing stuff to do, I decided to see if I could sit in at least one of the chemistry courses on campus. The professor didn't care at all, so I'm unofficially auditing a course. Today, I also ran into my adviser and he told me that it was a good thing I was sitting in the class and to "not disappear" lol.

LP

Well even if your health issues are still a mystery it sounds like your there is still a chance for your dreams. Most professors are pretty decent understanding folk in my experience. I hope you can manage to gain something by not disappearing.

LP

lplady

tennisplayer121 wrote:Nah. I'm going in for another round of blood tests tomorrow to essentially rule out any "loose ends" so to speak. Then it's just another appointment in 5 weeks to continue this seemingly endless investigation/management strategies.

LP

I know I haven't been around much lately but I must have missed something. I thought you moved back home with your parents. Are you back on campus and in your apt again or are you talking about a different college that's by your parents home?

That's great that you can sit in and the adviser believes in you and your future in the field.

lp

tennisplayer121

lplady wrote:I know I haven't been around much lately but I must have missed something. I thought you moved back home with your parents. Are you back on campus and in your apt again or are you talking about a different college that's by your parents home?

That's great that you can sit in and the adviser believes in you and your future in the field.

lp

Nah, I haven't moved back in with my parents. That was an option on the table, but all my doctors are up here, and we sat down as a family and discussed all the possibilities, and decided to hold off on my moving back until we know more. Things have been crazy...I got amazingly good news about health insurance near the end of January, which let me keep my current plan. Because of that though, it's been better for me to be up here. That might change though because of finances in the near future if I don't find a source of income that I can physically handle.

Anyway, thanks to all (KtC, lp..etc) for kind words/supportive words. Life is definitely crazy. Haha... I'm the first person in my family to graduate with a college degree, and I'm definitely the first person to ever even understand what "grad. school" is lol...I hate that stupid physical crap is starting to hinder that "dream" so to speak. If nothing else, I'm determined though, so we'll see how it works out.

LP

Last Post

j5

I wish you the best, Tennis.
Now if you don't mind sticking a small graphic of some kind in your top-page post, it would make the regulars happy.

LP

KtCallista

j5 wrote:I wish you the best, Tennis.
Now if you don't mind sticking a small graphic of some kind in your top-page post, it would make the regulars happy.

LP

It's like when your kids stand up for rules all by themselves, so proud. *wipes tear from eye*

LP

tennisplayer121

j5 wrote:I wish you the best, Tennis.

LP

Yeah yeah... I noticed that today, but was too lazy to fix it. One will be up in a minute.

Lol.

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:Yeah yeah... I noticed that today, but was too lazy to fix it. One will be up in a minute.

Lol.

LP

Nicely updated! Did you happen to see this article? I think the coolest thing about this isn't that the kid made it, but that the teacher actually took the time to look into what it was rather than just saying, "Yup, that looks valid, go make something else." -That's what my teachers always did.

tennisplayer121

KtCallista wrote:Nicely updated! Did you happen to see this article? I think the coolest thing about this isn't that the kid made it, but that the teacher actually took the time to look into what it was rather than just saying, "Yup, that looks valid, go make something else." -That's what my teachers always did.

No I haven't. That's quite an odd structure though. I'm not sure that I've ever seen anything close to that. I work with some pretty crazy molecules, some of which are actually pretty explosive, but they definitely don't have that type of structure. But I'd guess that the repulsion from the somewhat crowded oxygens would cause a lot of strain in the carbon bonds, as well as significant strain holding the oxygens like that, and that thing probably is not too happy in the state it's shown in that picture. Yeah...that's a really bizarre structure indeed.

Thanks for sharing.
LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:No I haven't. That's quite an odd structure though. I'm not sure that I've ever seen anything close to that. I work with some pretty crazy molecules, some of which are actually pretty explosive, but they definitely don't have that type of structure. But I'd guess that the repulsion from the somewhat crowded oxygens would cause a lot of strain in the carbon bonds, as well as significant strain holding the oxygens like that, and that thing probably is not too happy in the state it's shown in that picture. Yeah...that's a really bizarre structure indeed.

Thanks for sharing.
LP

I'm sure it's really unusual, but that's what happens when you explain basic bonding rules and hand the kids the kits. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

LP

tennisplayer121

double post

Last Post

Last Post

tennisplayer121

KtCallista wrote:I'm sure it's really unusual, but that's what happens when you explain basic bonding rules and hand the kids the kits. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

LP

It'll be interesting to see if it ever gets synthesized...and if it does, I'm really curious how it'll be done.

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:It'll be interesting to see if it ever gets synthesized...and if it does, I'm really curious how it'll be done.

LP

That will be fascinating. Getting ideas on paper is often the easy step.

LP

lplady

Please don't disturb my last post. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

L
A
S
T

P
O
S
T

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
lplady wrote:Please don't disturb my last post. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

L
A
S
T

P
O
S
T

LP

I'm just hanging out, really.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
lplady wrote:Please don't disturb my last post. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

L
A
S
T

P
O
S
T

will do!

tennisplayer121

inkycatz wrote:

LP

You stayed on topic though!

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:You stayed on topic though!

LP

Leave it to No1 to botch a kill ;)

LP

lplady

KtCallista wrote:Leave it to No1 to botch a kill ;)

LP

Is that how he ended up in prison? Did the victim become the witness?

lp

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Is that how he ended up in prison? Did the victim become the witness?

lp

I'm not sure, but it does make sense.

LP

SnifferSir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnifferSir

Hey all... been quiet for a while - OK maybe a couple years...

Anyway... LAST POST !!

Call me masochistic... But I wish 'STUPID' was painful !!

KtCallista

SnifferSir wrote:Hey all... been quiet for a while - OK maybe a couple years...

Anyway... LAST POST !!

Hello Sir! Welcome home.

Last Post!

SnifferSir

KtCallista wrote:Hello Sir! Welcome home.

Last Post!

Thanks, KtC.

Gettin' too old for these late nights - gotta turn in.

But not before one more LAST POST

lplady

KtCallista wrote:Hello Sir! Welcome home.

Last Post!

Hmm, is Sniffer another name for the NY man with many adorable children? I'd ask him but seems he left already.

I wonder if prisoners still make license plates? Weird how some things just pop in the mind...especially my crazy one. lol

Hi Sniffer, welcome or welcome back!!!

lp

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Hmm, is Sniffer another name for the NY man with many adorable children? I'd ask him but seems he left already.

I wonder if prisoners still make license plates? Weird how some things just pop in the mind...especially my crazy one. lol

Hi Sniffer, welcome or welcome back!!!

lp

I'm sure I've seen that signature before, in the main woot threads at least, of course that means nothing.

I think the amount and type of labor depends on the state, but I'm fairly sure here they still make the license plates.

LP

SnifferSir

KtCallista wrote:I'm sure I've seen that signature before, in the main woot threads at least, of course that means nothing.

I think the amount and type of labor depends on the state, but I'm fairly sure here they still make the license plates.

LP

Correct you are!! At least about about the first part - wouldn't know about the other. I used to haunt the ebw threads - got too many "irons in the fire" and became an occasional 'lurker' instead. I'll try to keep in touch a little more often.

lOst pAst

j5

supercalifragilisticexpialastpostious.

KtCallista

SnifferSir wrote:Correct you are!! At least about about the first part - wouldn't know about the other. I used to haunt the ebw threads - got too many "irons in the fire" and became an occasional 'lurker' instead. I'll try to keep in touch a little more often.

lOst pAst

Wooohoo!!!! I got three exclimation points! Between this and the goddess worship I got yesterday in Orc's FB game I'm feeling pretty darn good! I'm so glad too, I was bummed out before - for no reason other than just world tiredness I believe.

Last feeling pretty darn good Post

SnifferSir

It's getting late... No one (not even No1) is looking... Quietly turning in for the night and taking with me the LAST POST.

KtCallista

SnifferSir wrote:It's getting late... No one (not even No1) is looking... Quietly turning in for the night and taking with me the LAST POST.

You are kidding right?

Still trying to get Ver3 to fall asleep. Then it'll be work and maybe a movie before bed here, or possibly an early night we'll see, but early is still another hour or two out!

LP