manikx66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manikx66
Re: Just a Little Husky

ok i know you say its a husky but it reminds me of my first dog who was a malamute. he was round little furball just like this guy. also just as cute +1

strawberryicee

quality posts: 12 Private Messages strawberryicee

Chucky635

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chucky635
Re: dog gone

derp.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
dot8927 wrote:I didn't trace it, I painted freehand from a photo I took as a guide. So I don't understand why this is rejected.

http://lisapahl.wordpress.com/
This shows how I paint.

When you use a photo or the end result looks a lot like a photo, always show proof that it's your photo or it's not based on a photo. Otherwise they'll immediately reject it. Your best bet might be to resubmit and put those links in the first post for the new entry. Should be faster than trying to contact woot! about it. Plus, unrejection is almost unheard of.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

audentio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audentio
Re: Guardian of the Underworld

I want this shirt so bad it's not even funny. GMV times a million.

turnerweltg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turnerweltg
Re: Dog Park

Wow. This is brilliant. I REALLY hope this makes it, because I'd definitely get one.

I do agree with a few others, that some of the dogs aren't... obvious enough. But I guess that's what makes it more fun- trying to solve it. And, obviously, it would get Rejected if it were too copy-righted.

Really great idea. I got the concept the moment I saw Brian and the Martini Glass... but the only other dogs I could guess were Blue, Clifford, and Scooby-Doo. :P

tjparson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjparson
nblottie wrote:There's a lot of emotion in this piece. Something tangible that I like a lot.

It's a robot dog...robots have no emotion.

kzero0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kzero0
Re: Bark

fetch...

phineus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phineus
gement wrote:This is the only one of the Reservoir Dogs designs that got my vote. It's recognizable instantly as the parody, it's engaging, and the dogs actually look like different (and appropriate) breeds of dogs!

Good luck!

Thanks a lot! Yeah I tried my best to pick breeds that I thought best fit the characters. Glad that came across!

BurnLovely

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BurnLovely
Re: MASTER?

I laughed out loud at this shirt! I must have it!

billguppy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billguppy
Re: Dog

Nice touch with the passing of the cable....

mdh649

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdh649
gement wrote:It's tricky, I'm afraid. And yes, the moderation on the Derby isn't always consistent. Sometimes they let through things that make me say, "Hmm." However, every time they've rejected something as over the line, I've agreed.

One factor in the recent "Teacher Talks Funny" is that the shirt is making specific commentary on the original, because it's saying the teacher sounded that way because she was playing the trombone. That makes it much easier to classify something as parody.

If I ever try to do a design with a big pop culture reference, I'll do so knowing it might trip the copyright alarm. This is a whole branch of law about picky subjective judgments, so it's really not predictable. Do keep trying!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and clarification. I will chalk this one up to a learning experience and perhaps try to get some pre-derby advice next week.

gweenpenguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gweenpenguin
Re: Big Red

Want!
Simple, cute, and recognizable.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
chumpmagic wrote:The lower two have really messed up mouths. The lower jaw almost looks like a side view while the upper jaw and head is a 2 quarters view.

I don't know how people look past this??? It was the first thing I saw and it bugs me... o well. I guess i'm crazy :P

no i saw it too and its why i could not vote for it. it looks way to rushed. next time take your time and make sure your perspective is correct on all images.

dracokitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dracokitty

Yay cloud sheep!
Close up here
http://dracokitty.deviantart.com/#/d47b472

Quicksloth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Quicksloth
rogerrogerroger wrote:that meat butler haunts my dreams too.

Just had to say I LOLed heartily at this comment. Good concept, good luck!

arek920

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arek920
L3g3ndQ wrote:no i saw it too and its why i could not vote for it. it looks way to rushed. next time take your time and make sure your perspective is correct on all images.

this is ramy you are talking to

hes a one draft man

seriously though, i really wish he would start pulling stuff when people point out valid criticisms and rework them. it would help him stop critics AND please his fans already by giving them the ramy art they love with extra style

EDIT: curse you two. now i cant unsee it

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Canis Infinitas

I could stare at this forever, for infinity even.

rahulkhera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rahulkhera

There is no relationship between any of the pieces in chess. In some parts of world Rook in chess actually represents Army on Elephant and Knights represents army on Horses. So found that all the animals on chess board are royal pets, but poor Pawn do not have any pet..then why not a dog...imagine if Dog on chess board has no fixed pattern and can go and bite any other intruding pieces :D

chamelean75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chamelean75
aletayr wrote:This design is awesome enough to get my first comment here. Well done.

This my fav entry of this derby!!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

I don't know, it hard to say it was "rushed" since it would only take a matter of minutes to fix it and would have made a world of difference. I think its just a bad eye... every artist gets it from time to time but this one is pretty big and noticeable in my opinion (the middle dogs ears is a more forgivable one... kind of).

Incase he does want to resub it... here is what I am talking about. I don't think he will since he is in the fog. I don't know if I would, but eh... took only like 20 seconds, so here it is:

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: The Cerberus Stooges

Thanks you two! I appreciate it

kellystreet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellystreet
Re: Beagles love blueberries

Beagles love blueberries! We learn this fact from The Fantastic Mr. Fox. Also, this design is a nod the the great tjost design, "The Binge," but instead of collapsing into a delusional heap, the beagle succumbs to the pure joy of blueberries.

kaedex99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaedex99
Dutchbunch5 wrote:How about giving us all a clue to the reference.

It's Dog, from Half-Life 2.

http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Dog

fenrirsknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fenrirsknight
Re: The Dogtor

This is who dogs turn to for all their timey-wimey problems

kaelynangelfoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaelynangelfoot
cherylfrancis wrote: I'm not saying that I follow rules that make broad sweeps, but I am trying to find a design style that fits in here without following the standard set by the leaders. One day I hope to be able to attract more votes. I assure you that I am a talented artist and I will always follow my own path.

Kudos to you and I wish you luck. I agree that a lot of the shirts here are extremely similar and a little more variety in artwork might be nice

Word of caution though: the standard is not necessarily set by the leaders but by the purchasing community, and thus I'm afraid you might have an uphill battle ahead of you.

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
Re: Bath Time

oops... i uploaded the wronge version... does anyone know how to delete an entry?

if you like this one... blease vote for the alternate... i like his ears more.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=56227

midori786

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midori786
Re: Cloud Chasing

Amazing. Great idea and wonderful execution. And perfect breed choice.

My border collie/brittany spaniel just passed away this summer; I'm sure thats what she's doing right now. I really hope this makes it.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

Fantastic.

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor
Neo1656 wrote:The splash under the orange dog is a blood pool. Mr. Orange in the movie spends almost the entire time with a shot in his belly, and is bleeding out. I like the splash there, as it provides a bit of context and establishes it as a Reservoir Dogs tee.

Voted.

Should have been blood red then. As it is just looks like the dog puked or pissed itself. Otherwise it's a cool tee, but I have to agree with what that other guy said, the pool is a deal killer.

dalester17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalester17

Best one of the week by far. Glad you resubmitted!

wintersnowolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wintersnowolf
Re: Dogcar

:D TOTALLY WANT! AMAZING JOB! GMV!!!!
Can I vote again and again please yess!?!?!

WinterSnoWolf

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
specsmachine wrote:Kind of like this?

No joke, this has always been one of my favorite videos on the entire internet.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
jcflman wrote:Great design.

The nerd in me wishes you had Scooby Dum & his magnifying glass looking at Blue's Clues. Dum dum Dum DUM!

Scooby Doo was starting to really stink by the time they introduced Scooby Dum (don't get me started on how annoying Scrappy Doo was) but the way he talked cracked me up so much!

naomiderrebe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naomiderrebe
Re: Cloud Chasing

hah.
Giving a Bordercollie wings is very much like giving cats hands. That is the kinda action that would doom the world to bordercollie enthusiasm (and cat curiosity). No sheep or bird would be safe!

it's cute.

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
thatrobert wrote:Scooby Doo was starting to really stink by the time they introduced Scooby Dum (don't get me started on how annoying Scrappy Doo was) but the way he talked cracked me up so much!

Scrappy Doo ruined my childhood.

In much the same way Jar Jar Binks ruined my adulthood.

Nothing follows.

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
andreasz wrote:kinda looks like brian from family guy no?

Wow, nothing gets passed you. ;)

Nothing follows.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: SICK PUPPY

I love it!

and by the way.. Happy birthday!

mothlab

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mothlab
camoor wrote:Should have been blood red then. As it is just looks like the dog puked or pissed itself. Otherwise it's a cool tee, but I have to agree with what that other guy said, the pool is a deal killer.

Maybe if you remove the drops near his head it would be more obvious that the blood came from the body. But it wouldn't rule out pee. Nice design overall though, clean and iconic (I haven't seen the movie either...)