blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Boba Fetch



This made me shoot coffe out of my nose, and it wasn't pleasant at all! After I got cleaned up, I voted.

Too Awesome!
B-Dog

oreocookiesp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages oreocookiesp
Re: Puppy Love



This is really, really cute. Perfect little girl shirt!

oreocookiesp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages oreocookiesp
Re: Doggone It!



The idea is HILARIOUS! I just wish the artwork had a little more polish.

billguppy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages billguppy

Seriously, where are the votes? This one should be foggy!

billguppy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages billguppy

Snoop, you my boy!

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Best in Show


47 hrs. in 69 layers, That's why it's late.

6 colours on Slate
I would love to see a show where those old, fat, snobby, judges had to do what they do to those poor dogs!

Here's some details:



Vote for "The Best in Show!
BlindDog3D

marzipanapple


quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

Just being silly.

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Best in Show


I started this for the "Role Reversal" Derby and after about 20 hrs. decided I didn't have time to complete it for that derby. I had to finish 3 logos by Saturday, before I could jump on this. I hope you like it.

Here's the full design:

dribbles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dribbles
elviswind wrote:Yeah . . . that looks a lot more gooder.

I suppose ramyb's fans will "ooo" and "ahh" because it's a different style, but my first guess upon seeing the thumbnail was that it was his work. I think the cartoony line work of his typical submissions is evident even with the atypical perspective, composition, and coloring.




oooo .... ahhh

Awesome design +1

dribbles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dribbles
curli76 wrote:Sorry, I don't understand this one. It looks like a regular dog park, except one of the dogs has a martini. Is he supposed to be Brian from Family Guy? Could you let me know what I'm missing?



They are all famous dogs =D

SirGecko


quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko
Re: flying ace



Man this shirt needs to bump up into the fog!

Zelva


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zelva
nblottie wrote:Here it is, 6 colors. Really took my time with the details as far as damage and look of the helmet. Hope everyone likes it!



LOVE the design

kyle1020


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyle1020

Violating copyright? Really? Because woot has never done that before, ever...

jessierahl


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jessierahl
Re: Just a Little Husky



It's so adorable. It'd be awesome if you did a whole series of breeds of these. Like, a German Shepherd on cream *hint hint*.

GMV :D

Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire. Deserve victory. Tagla vassternich.

kyle1020


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyle1020
Re: Big Red's gonna blow



Also...he's peeing. Well he's going to. Hence the small fire hydrant underneath him. You can't see it bc I tried following woof's guidelines and ended up with small pictures, next time I'll try to make the design big enough so as not to confuse people.

Narfcake


quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
pharmacide wrote:I didn't think the puppy might look dead until your comment. He's just sleeping though. He's supposed to be a subtle Gir from Invader Zim who loves cupcakes.



Dead? No. I didn't see that. Just a drugged/state of euphoria kinda way.

Narfcake


quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: A Bad Idea



My sister's dog definitely chases his tail ... and more than once, he's caught it, bit it, and yelped. So yeah, GMV.

Darkameleon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Darkameleon

Good use of the theme. I feel like this might be bought by more people than your previous collab since more people are likely to have played Monopoly.

Also, needs more wheelbarrow.

krzyhpnkricket


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krzyhpnkricket
Re: Corgi Costumes



A couple of years ago an ex put my Corgi in a cow costume for Halloween. I admit it was cute, but that was his first and only costume.

SteveBook


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SteveBook
Esoteric1081 wrote:Is that Fred and Ted?



No, but thanks for reminding me about P.D. Eastman. I don't recall reading "Big Dog...Little Dog," but our kids loved "Are You My Mother?"

slangstein


quality posts: 0 Private Messages slangstein
CHeliz85 wrote:I agree, this is definitely Brian on Snoopy's roof, two copyrights infringed!



I'm not sure but I think Snoopy isn't under any copyrights anymore (i could be wrong) but I don't know if that still violates woot rules

lucky1988


quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

lucky1988


quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Fictional Dogs Playing Poker



thanks for the support everyone!

AzatiPrime


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AzatiPrime
Re: Reservoir Dogs



Cool idea but I'm not so down with wearing a shirt that has a dog bleeding out.

yankeebird


quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
kyle1020 wrote:Violating copyright? Really? Because woot has never done that before, ever...



So if they've messed up in the past, that makes it OK to intentionally do it in this situation? There's a big difference between parody and what you've done, which is copy Clifford exactly. There's also a big difference between implying a character (ala Cookie Monster in "The Binge" and this, which leaves nothing to your imagination to decide who it is).

bonkers4disney


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonkers4disney

I love this shirt! So does my son!!

crazylaughter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazylaughter
Re: MASTER?



really hope this gets printed would make an amazing present for my Dad

dianabosworth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dianabosworth
Re: Mine!



Your art has a way of capturing expression and whimsy while remaining simple and looking effortless. (And I am lovin the choice to put it on navy.)

raevynpheather


quality posts: 0 Private Messages raevynpheather

The reason that Ramyb doesnt rework and resubmit designs fixing things is the same reason that no one else that wins does. The reason that some shirts seem rushed by Ramyb and almost all of the other designers is the same reason as the first issue. This reason is the system. Shirts submitted AFTER the first day are much less likely to win. Resubs, and late designs win so rarely that it is just not worth it.

Suggestions to fix this:
1) Put the rules for the next derby up one week in advance, not one day in advance. This will give designers more time to make their shirts, so they dont rush things out just to make sure that their shirt is up the first day.
2) Allow resubs with slight modifications to replace an already existing shirt, complete with votes. This would allow designers to fix small errors and other such things, but not lose their votes.

Implementing these two things would make Woot that much better, but if only one could be implemented, please make it the second one. While rushed designs are a pain, they are no where near as bad as watching great designs not win due to a small error or two in the design that would only take 20 minutes to fix.

juanoc74


quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanoc74
blk909 wrote:poor guy, which flood was he in?



his own drool ;)

curli76


quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
raevynpheather wrote:
2) Allow resubs with slight modifications to replace an already existing shirt, complete with votes. This would allow designers to fix small errors and other such things, but not lose their votes.

Implementing these two things would make Woot that much better, but if only one could be implemented, please make it the second one. While rushed designs are a pain, they are no where near as bad as watching great designs not win due to a small error or two in the design that would only take 20 minutes to fix.



I disagree, only because the line between what is a slight modification and a significant change would be too fuzzy, and judging the difference would be more taxing to the staff and no doubt lead to more community strife.

I favor a preview period where artists can submit their designs (outside of the realm of the message board), with actual voting to start no earlier than Monday. But even with that, you're going to get designers who don't want to take input because A) they are not good at taking criticism and B) they have such a loyal following, they know that sloppy work done on the fly will be overlooked.

Dutchbunch5


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dutchbunch5
Re: Best in Show



Why is the white fluffy dog's styling so much different than the rest of the design?

Definitely made me laugh.

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Dutchbunch5 wrote:Why is the white fluffy dog's styling so much different than the rest of the design?

Definitely made me laugh.



...that's the old "bait and switch."

BlindDog3D

maximus08


quality posts: 0 Private Messages maximus08
Dutchbunch5 wrote:Why is the white fluffy dog's styling so much different than the rest of the design?



This artist has a history of copying other people's art and pasting it into his own. Which could be a possible explanation for different styles in the same piece.

Whether or not this one has stolen elements will be a mystery unless someone uncovers original source material. I'm sure he has covered his tracks well as he has been caught multiple times. I will not risk my vote.

You can decide for yourself.

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
maximus08 wrote:This artist has a history of copying other people's art and pasting it into his own.


I never "Pasted" anything.

I challenge everyone to find ANYTHING that is NOT totally original in this design.

This is 100% my work, my style, my art. So, don't waste your time on Google, but feel free to try.
BlindDog3D

maximus08


quality posts: 0 Private Messages maximus08
blinddog3d wrote:I never "Pasted" anything.

I challenge everyone to find ANYTHING that is NOT totally original in this design.

This is 100% my work, my style, my art. So, don't waste your time on Google, but feel free to try.
BlindDog3D



See, it's not really our job to prove that now you are honest. That would be your job.

Challenging others to figure out if you stole anything this time is not the way to go about it.

If I'm not willing to waste my vote on you, why would you think I'd waste that kind of time?

gity


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gity

[quote postid="4602588" user="michaelevans"]Woot didn't show up on my radar till shortly after this derby (I began entering in November). I had not seen this entry before.
[quote]

I like this presentation of the idea - seems less premeditated and more active. I would buy this shirt and I hope it wins!

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Best in Show



The "fluffy" dog represents the kind of canines that are put through the grinder at national dog shows. The man on the the skirted table represents the kind of people that judge these animals, looking at every flaw, when they themselves are not "flawless." Most of them are overweight, blind, and fat snobs with bad posture. Don't be like them.

"Judge not, lest ye be Judged."

No photos were harmed in the making of this design.
BlindDog3D

dollyshot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dollyshot
Re: The Other Uncle



Ok, I've barely read any other posts other people telling people they can't spell (which some people make MISTAKES, give em a BREAK, it's just a bloody woot forum!) or that this gentleman's idea is wrong or infringing in some format.

First of all, if people can make Star Wars anything, why can't they make Brian of Family Guy? If Woot decides to disqualify its THEIR decision and not that of the general public's.

Everyone needs to chill and let people just be in the contest and have fun here! I think this idea is cute and well drawn. Jeebus. ;)

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d

Dog