WriteWay

quality posts: 9 Private Messages WriteWay

I hate Monopoly. I always had to be the bank. No one else could keep track of the money without embezzling.

The only winning move is not to play.

calanthium

quality posts: 15 Private Messages calanthium

Loved the write up! Only thing worse than seeing a Monopoly board come out of the closet is seeing some grab Risk. Nothing more demoralizing than a "game" of Risk.

Oh - in for 1 cuz I love the dog!

jhgalvas

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jhgalvas

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51

and for some monopoly strategy--do your best to own the oranges. There are three different ways to go to jail, and statistically you're most likely to roll to one of them when leaving.

taylertot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taylertot

I kinda figured this would win -- 1) It's great and 2) Someone would be hard pressed to compete with the combined forces of Kevlar51 AND Walamazan.

My husband bought your last collaboration, and honestly, after seeing just how amazing that shirt looked (really, possibly one of the finest designs I've seen), I just had to get this one for me. Love it!

innocenttrickster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages innocenttrickster

Huh... haven't been any shirts that I've liked lately. Oh well, saving my debit card some pain.

JeffQ

quality posts: 6 Private Messages JeffQ
shirt.woot! wrote:It is a documented fact that the shortest game of Monopoly ever played lasted a “mere” 42 hours.

I think you might be confusing Monopoly with Diplomacy, perhaps the only board game that takes longer than its real-world model.

darjeelingrain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darjeelingrain

In for one! I have the Clue shirt and this one is just as awesome.

kingjimmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingjimmy

As with some, I'm a stickler for the rules, except one in Monopoly. I never played with the auctioning rule. Never liked it.

ZoeMoon39

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZoeMoon39
kinkajou1015 wrote:I'd be afraid if this little guy started chasing the car token.

I just hope he doesn't try to pee on the electric company. The result could be shocking.

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
kevlar51 wrote:Your brother's a smart man. Australia first. Then the world. That +2 each turn really comes in handy while everyone passes it off as fluff.

My brother is wicked smart. The rest of the family plays for second place in every game we play.

Thinkin' I might wait to buy this until I can help it up out of the Reckoning. I want this shirt to SIT! STAY! GOOD SHIRT!

uncle pennybags

quality posts: 13 Private Messages uncle pennybags

Mr. Monopoly here (Rich Uncle Pennybags) and I approve this shirt!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

And that's why you always choose the dog. Sure the top hat is fancy and the sports car looks boss swerving around the game board. But under the cute exterior the little silver dog is one cuthroat canine capitalist.

Congrats kevmazan!

Quasiskunk

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Quasiskunk

I re-named this game to Monotony. It just takes forever to finish

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Congrats on first place, guys!!! Well deserved.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

This is another example of the earthquake devastation in the east coast!

terminatorgir

quality posts: 9 Private Messages terminatorgir

I personally wont be sitting down for a game anytime soon. Maybe someday if I have kids but it will take some intense convincing, bribery and/or a very hot woman to get me to play this 3 hour (minimum) game.

I was unfortunate to get roped into playing Risk a few months back, I quickly remembered when we started playing why I never play risk. I'm more of a Stratego kinda guy, lets play for like 20 min and be done with it!

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone

I used to love Monopoly...

...then I found out my girlfriend had a Community Chest.

[rimshot]

Actually, some of our family's best times were sitting on a rainy Sunday afternoon playing Monopoly. My brothers and I played with our parents, and my wife and I played with our daughters. We still do on occasion, when they're back home for a visit (or to borrow money).

I'm always the racecar. What piece do you always play?

kevlar51

flemtone wrote:
Actually, some of our family's best times were sitting on a rainy Sunday afternoon playing Monopoly. My brothers and I played with our parents, and my wife and I played with our daughters. We still do on occasion, when they're back home for a visit (or to borrow money).

I'm always the Shoe. Growing up we'd always play when the power went out. Might have to bring the board out for that reason since Irene's headed my way.

damask16

quality posts: 1 Private Messages damask16
flemtone wrote:I used to love Monopoly...

...then I found out my girlfriend had a Community Chest.

[rimshot]

Well, I guess we all know what game the writer-upper loves to play...sheesh!

I, for one, love Monopoly. I have many, many different versions of it, including the electronic one which is fun in the beginning of the game when you're doing large transactions across the "debit" cards, but gets really annoying and time-consuming near the end when everyone's being nickle-and-dimed by $10 rent. I always play the horse and rider.
It's fun playing the Disney version with my sisters and we all race to get the properties dedicated to our favorite movies. It adds another element to deals later on "I'll give you $200 and Pride Rock if you sell me Beast's Castle." Screw Boardwalk!
I'll probably get this; I have the Clue shirt and I need to complete my collection!

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

On the topic of making Monopoly more enjoyable by playing by the rules, this is a great resource:

The Campaign For Real Monopoly

Milkman1225

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Milkman1225

NO! BAD DOG! GET BACK HERE WITH MY SHOE!

jcflman

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jcflman

After our family dog passed away last year after 13+ years we had her cremated & the ashes put in a rectangular doggie urn that sits in our living room. My little nephew put the monopoly dog on top of it as a tribute I guess and it's still there to this day. :-)

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
kevlar51 wrote:I was thinking Risk, but I guess it's not too early to start taking requests

Thanks a lot everyone!!!

Yes please! I was thinking the same thing. I'd also like a clever version of Sorry! worked out as well please. Do enough of these, and maybe an agreement can be worked out with Hasbro: One free collectors shirt with purchase?? I would so be down.

In addition, I think any of these games would make for great shirts: Board Game Fails

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

marylynsim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marylynsim

I religiously read every "story" of every Woot shirt but this is the first one that had me laughing out loud from the "Monopoly sucks!" to the end.

I'm OLD and spent way too many hours in my childhood playing Monopoly with my best friend. We managed to avoid enough of the rules that we would play one game for weeks and seemed to enjoy it, strangely enough.

But, it is so true - if someone were to say to me "let's play Monopoly" now, I would run screaming out of the house!

WV wooter

alephnull2k1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alephnull2k1
kevlar51 wrote:I was thinking Risk, but I guess it's not too early to start taking requests

Thanks a lot everyone!!!

Yes. Risk! Or Stratego.

alephnull2k1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alephnull2k1

The Terrier of Tiny-Town

jeannefromnc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeannefromnc

you know you've made it when the Facebook page for Monopoly gives y'all a shoutout and the link to this shirt!

dugaboggy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dugaboggy

I'm thinking the writeup was way too subtle. Tell us how you really feel about Monopoly, Woot!

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

I raise my cup to you, Write-up Guy. You nailed it with that second paragraph. Monopoly does in fact suck.

abatheguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abatheguy

Today's shirt is more "woof!" than "woot!"

Puggsy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Puggsy

Id love to add this to my closet full of asphalt shirts buuut...

I can appreciate good art, not add to it.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

Question about sizes: I want to buy this for a friend who wears a women's small, but I've heard that these shirts run tiny. Should I get her a medium or a large? Thanks.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

"That dog's in a lot of trouble."

"No, not trouble. Monopoly."

Just a little Friday pop-o-matic humor.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
curli76 wrote:Question about sizes: I want to buy this for a friend who wears a women's small, but I've heard that these shirts run tiny. Should I get her a medium or a large? Thanks.

Buy it a Woman's medium, My wife do the same with woot tshirts, and works for her

scfrome

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scfrome

Yea! Got this one for my son. He can wear it, while I wear the Clue one the next time our family plays Catan! Thanks guys, very well played!

kevlar51

scfrome wrote:Yea! Got this one for my son. He can wear it, while I wear the Clue one the next time our family plays Catan! Thanks guys, very well played!

Sounds like there's a lot of Settlers of Catan interest out there, huh?

SilverRose99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SilverRose99

Love this shirt, in for one. Monopoly Rocks!!

xamen7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xamen7

Well, there goes another 10 bucks just like the "Advance to St. Charles Place" card and paying 10 bucks for rent.

But I love it!

idiotwind13

quality posts: 3 Private Messages idiotwind13

That write-up is so very true, I could not stop laughing the whole time I was reading it...god I hate Monopoly...