grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Pinball Woot

The taco running is my fav. Of course GMV.

roughnecknine0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roughnecknine0
mookabelle wrote:I'm not sure how to play tic tac toe with all the woot! logos the same color. Maybe make some of them black?

The woot logos are for the Dots and Boxes game and the tic-tac-toe board is for tic-tac-toe. Both games require a sharpie.

dreamingcrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreamingcrow
Re: The Wooty Bunch

I honestly just don't get you guys. Yes, I know that some people are sick of ramyb t-shirts. I am not, as over half of my shirt.woot purchases have been designed by ramyb. Even the designers that I don't enjoy, I don't hate on, though. They keep being on here because they're popular and they well well. Why is that bad when it's ramyb?

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=56560]Hand Picked

Fab.

renovatioxii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renovatioxii
Re: Woot Rocket

Thanks! I didn't consider the reserve concept I was thinking more like Woot loaded our shirts into a rocket ship and orbited the planet three times before delivering them, you know, taking the scenic route. If you like this one you should check out my other design and help it get into the fog.

Re: Argyle Woot!

Thanks again for the feedback!

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1

You even put a woot symbol in the clouds! This is great. GMV

renovatioxii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renovatioxii
Re: Bag Lady (Re-Sub)

It's sad to see this with so few votes, I like this design better than some in the fog! This is both awesome artwork and a great final product.

Please check out my design too!

elizabethplaid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elizabethplaid
grahamcrackercoyote wrote:Love it, but I think she needs short shorts to cover up what still seems to be an exposed hoo-hoo. A male [or lesbian] Wooter's dreams

Nope, I think that's just her thighs showing. She's already pulling the shirt down in front to cover things.

I really love how clever this is. The snail under Venus's feet looks like it's at an odd angle, as though it's rolling over, perhaps trying to get Venus off his back, haha.

I voted for this for its clever-ness, but I don't think it's as woot-y in essence as designs I've seen on bags I've gotten in the mail. If the snail-angle-thing was tweaked, I'd love this on a shirt.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: CRAZY CRITTERS

Really fun, it'd make a great sketchbook cover too. :^)

cupidsrevenge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cupidsrevenge
dylia wrote:Orson's bright idea is that Mom & Dad need more Woot!

*Sigh* I don't see where to add another vote. This is so cute.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Crossing The Distance

I love it!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Brilliant sense of depth. Great, great linework.

This would be a pleasure to find in your mailbox.

captainalligator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainalligator

I wouldn't buy one, but this is groovy

cynic11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cynic11
capitalsown wrote:I find this design interesting. So put it on a bag template quick so you can get as many votes back as possible. It's going to get rejected eventually, so it would be smart to fix that one problem soon to avoid rejection so you're not struggling to get votes back Thursday morning.

there were no requirements of showing it on a bag, it think...

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
mattlussier wrote:homage To Bob Ross...smiling down from those happy clouds in the sky... AND... he's... Planking!

Don't be surprised if this gets rejected... one of the requirements is "The exclamation point must be white on a solid background of black, Shirt.Woot blue, or Shirt.Woot yellow."

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: exclamation points

Hmmm, same problem as your other design. You need to feature a white exclamation mark. In addition, you can't feature any other text besides the woot logo, so all your other exclamation marks would have to go.

Narfcake

Though I am not voting for this, I DO have to side with Ramy here. I did NOT see this as "The artist assumes his characters represent shirt.woot ..." at all. Yes, the characters represented is his style, but that's no different than how several other artists have reinterpreted the popular themes in their designs.

If you like it, then click "I'd want one". If you don't, then don't.

As for where the direction the characters are looking ... it's direct homage to The Brady Bunch; in the opening grid, they're not all looking at the center but to each other in different directions.

coffeegrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeegrace
Re: Crossing The Distance

Thanks! And thanks to the person who commented on the first submission. I left an s out of crossing, and that's the kind of thing I just can't live with. I had to resubmit it! LOL

Narfcake

Re: Hand Picked and Line Dried

Well, I do have a lemon tree, and I do hang dry my shirts. So you GMV.

muhammadajalal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages muhammadajalal

Best design in this derby(tough decision though)...GMV.

Narfcake

Re: Further testing required

Haha ... love the snail's expression. The thing is, SnailPost managed to get my last three shirts here in 4, 5, and 6 days respectively. Which isn't bad at all. So I'm starting to feel that the whole snail theme is getting overdone.

Narfcake

Re: CRAZY CRITTERS

"You're not going crazy Arthur; you're going sane in crazy world!" - The Tick.

GMV, BTW.

bellehelene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellehelene
L05TNF0UND wrote:That is amazing!! I love argyle, and this just makes woot that much better!

While I *hate* argyle, but this is just the sort of strong graphic a bag needs, not a lot of line detail. My reluctantly admiring vote!

Bellehelene

keijogirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keijogirl
Re: It's Here!

GMV! I'd love to have this dropped on my doorstep!

dylia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dylia
cupidsrevenge wrote:*Sigh* I don't see where to add another vote. This is so cute.

If you've bought anything from Woot, you should be "legal" to vote.

Thanks, though!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
blk909 wrote:Saw lots of angel fish today in Kapalua Bay.
Go "Bag of Fish"!

Maui? I miss Hawai'i... I do some research on the honeycreepers found only on the islands- if you get a chance, go hike into the Waikamoi Cloud Forest and look for my buddies the 'amakihi, i'iwi, and apapane...

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional

Well to a large extent ramyb's charterers are representative of Woot!. And that's very, very sad.

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
yankeebird wrote:Hmmm, same problem as your other design. You need to feature a white exclamation mark. In addition, you can't feature any other text besides the woot logo, so all your other exclamation marks would have to go.

good observation...
the logo on the template was yellow on blue, and i assumed that woot would not put a reject-able color scheme on their logo by default... then again... they are sarcastic like that...

vertigosia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vertigosia
Re: An Eager Robot

This is actually so great, it singlehandedly trumps any desire to create my own. I really hope it wins.

cmoborough

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmoborough
arroth wrote:seconded, and i also have to agree with the others. i refuse to buy RamyB shirts.. but then i'll have to get my good t-shirts in a crappy bag? i may end up quitting woot if this gets chosen. just saying

i voted for this just so you would quit woot

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Wooters Wooting

Great technique and the characters are amazing! Defiantly a style of your own, I love it.

DreStudent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DreStudent
Re: Whale's Tale

Seen this before: http://www.threadless.com/product/3109/Splendid_Supper/tab,guys/style,shirt

grrafikwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grrafikwolf
elizabethplaid wrote:Nope, I think that's just her thighs showing. She's already pulling the shirt down in front to cover things.

I really love how clever this is. The snail under Venus's feet looks like it's at an odd angle, as though it's rolling over, perhaps trying to get Venus off his back, haha.

I voted for this for its clever-ness, but I don't think it's as woot-y in essence as designs I've seen on bags I've gotten in the mail. If the snail-angle-thing was tweaked, I'd love this on a shirt.

It seems more as if the snail's shell is leaned a little bit to balance how "Venus" is standing; the snail itself is upright.

"you can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well-armed." ~Marcus, BORDERLANDS

collinvh

Re: Why Can't We be Friends?

This is hilarious and very true. We should all just be friends. Great work!

grrafikwolf

Re: What's wrong with this picture

I hope the fish don't have to pay too much for water damage in their apartment . . . >.>

Also, best reason for a traffic back-up: road becomes a cliff.

"you can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well-armed." ~Marcus, BORDERLANDS

collinvh

Re: maybe after this we can wrestle

Woot: We reserve the right to reject anything that doesn't meet our standards or reflect on our company in ways we don't like.

WOW! I'm seriously still laughing. +1

grrafikwolf

Re: Woot Signal!

most extravagant of entrances: must have a cape flourish after a dramatic landing from somewhere high-up. =D

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
Re: The Happy Planker

the more i look at my bob ross... the more i think it could fog in a derby entitled: "Painters resembling Mars Attacks Martians"