geekygirlygirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geekygirlygirl
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:Osmosis Jones is a classic. I'm rather disappointed in you.

As far as the shirt...If you're gonna pick a science-related shirt, "Laboratory" was by far the better EC-option.

This is actually a really good point. I liked that one better, but eh - a fun science shirt is a fun science shirt.

rebelleber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rebelleber

Don't Panic!
and don't forget to bring a towel.

Sunshine3296

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Sunshine3296

Loves the shirt, but is sad for this cell.

If in fact it is a raccoon dog it will serve as part of someone's fur coat when it grows up.

PS. Hate fur coats, but love bacon.
I am a conflicted member of PETA.

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek

There once was a cell standing there, just minding his own business, when his sister came along and accidentally stepped on his foot.

The cell said, "Hey! My toe, sis!"

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
Drakxxx wrote:Nothing against Ramy, but giving one of his designs a Editor's Choice spot when there are so many other great honorable mentions by artists who haven't even got a design to print yet is rather disappointing, and in poor taste a bit.

I know the staff has it's reasons, but this does rub me the wrong way personally a bit.

Congrats just the same Ramy, and no hard feelings. Just my 2 cents.

Don't forget to complain in tjost's thread from yesterday, then. He has a shirt in the reckoning that has sold 48415 (the current best seller).

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
DianaSprinkle wrote:Divide and conquer! But first, show your work.

i would hate it when a teacher would say "show your work!" because i usually never had any and when i did it was usually just random numbers all over the page. i ticked off a lot of math teachers back in school.

as for today's shirt i wish it would have been the dia de los muertos girl, B^( i hope that gets picked next!!!

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
NameyMcName wrote:Don't forget to complain in tjost's thread from yesterday, then. He has a shirt in the reckoning that has sold 48415 (the current best seller).

is there a link for this thread?

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

Something is wrong - I think I need my eyes checked. I see Ramy's name, but not a single bunny, squirrel, turtle, or grim reaper in sight. Nor any Mario Bros. reference.

I'm almost afraid to open the email that Woot just sent me a few minutes ago confirming something or other ...

Did New Jersey just freeze over?

jhillgate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhillgate

Anyone actually click on the Raccoon Dog link in the description? Is this a real thing? How, with my Summa Cum Laude Doctorate of Wiki and previous knowitallness was I not aware these existed? How were these not Pokemon? Seriously, ????????????????? Anyway, thanks for the new shirt and my new desktop bg.

shlamele24

quality posts: 15 Private Messages shlamele24

One question, is he dividing by meiosis or mitosis?

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
NameyMcName wrote:Don't forget to complain in tjost's thread from yesterday, then. He has a shirt in the reckoning that has sold 48415 (the current best seller).

I'm disappointed in this design being an Editor's Choice because Ramyb has seen quite a lot of success in the weekly contest, and again, no offense to him, but in my opinion, this design really doesn't break any molds in comparison to what he usually wins with.

As I mentioned before, I understand shirt woot has to look at things from a business perspective, and taking that into consideration, this design is probably a good choice for them. But with the limited number of spots available for this special prints, I think it would have been a nice gesture to see designs from some of the newer or less established artists who have been working hard in the contests. Honorable mentions have been given out to some really great work since the last take 2 contest.

Again wooters, this is only my personal opinion. No hard feelings to Ramy or the shirt woot staff.

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

For as much as people are focusing on the number 42, I'm sure we could get Jim Carrey in here to tell us how everything instead points to the number 23.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

You should see him in shop class. He's a real splinter cell.

tiger03kal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tiger03kal
skatimmy737 wrote:You should see him in shop class. He's a real splinter cell.

Are you really hoping your 100th quality post will be on this terrible joke?!

In other news, now I want to play my XBOX360 - Darn work!

capsfanbryce

quality posts: 4 Private Messages capsfanbryce
Drakxxx wrote:I'm disappointed in this design being an Editor's Choice because Ramyb has seen quite a lot of success in the weekly contest, and again, no offense to him, but in my opinion, this design really doesn't break any molds in comparison to what he usually wins with.

As I mentioned before, I understand shirt woot has to look at things from a business perspective, and taking that into consideration, this design is probably a good choice for them. But with the limited number of spots available for this special prints, I think it would have been a nice gesture to see designs from some of the newer or less established artists who have been working hard in the contests. Honorable mentions have been given out to some really great work since the last take 2 contest.

Again wooters, this is only my personal opinion. No hard feelings to Ramy or the shirt woot staff.

The level-headed members of the community understand your gripe with Woot's choice. There's a massive difference between one artist having a shirt on the reckoning and another artists who constantly has 2-3 (sometimes even 4) shirts in the reckoning.

This would've been a great opportunity to showcase a newer artist, but c'est la vie.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Drakxxx wrote:

I completely agree. I kinda like the design, but I always enjoy seeing the lesser known artists get exposure through the EC program. I'd have the same reaction if the shirt was from patrickspens or walmazan.

At any rate, congrats to Ramy for the unexpected print. At least it's not a turbunguin. ;)

montejuliejordi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages montejuliejordi
MaimeDaiOMG PONIES!!u wrote:No one gets it?

The answer to life is... 42.

Exactly!!!!! Why do people over think it? Love it!!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
tiger03kal wrote:Are you really hoping your 100th quality post will be on this terrible joke?!

Admittedly, it is terrible - but it worked on me.

I'm just hanging out, really.

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement

I'm imagining the conversation in the Woot editorial office.

"I want to print Cell Division as my pick."

"... Are you sure? You know what this means."

"Yeah, but it's a really cool shirt."

"Well, it's your call. FORUM STAFF, YELLOW ALERT! HAVE CRASH HELMETS READY!"

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

I wish I knew maths and sciences so I could be one of the cool kids here. :{

sharkey59813

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharkey59813

Cannot...control...nerdiness...

I'm usually opposed to the same artist winning over and over again amidst some other great designs, but I have been smitten this time, Ramyb. You win this time...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
gement wrote:I'm imagining the conversation in the Woot editorial office.

"I want to print Cell Division as my pick."

"... Are you sure? You know what this means."

"Yeah, but it's a really cool shirt."

"Well, it's your call. FORUM STAFF, YELLOW ALERT! HAVE CRASH HELMETS READY!"

I'm not digging out my helmet yet. It's cool.

I'm just hanging out, really.

michaelmays

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelmays

Obviously, he's trying to reverse-lookup the question to the answer to life, the universe, and everything. Duh.

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
bassanimation wrote:I wish I knew maths and sciences so I could be one of the cool kids here. :{

Maths? Canada or England?

recops

quality posts: 0 Private Messages recops

Hits the gold button in spite of being slightly annoyed by the obvious lack of cell wall around this obviously chlorophyll-positive plant cell...

jcflman

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jcflman
gement wrote:I'm imagining the conversation in the Woot editorial office.
FORUM STAFF, YELLOW ALERT! HAVE CRASH HELMETS READY!"

I think I read somewhere that woot employees only use the helmets during a "red" alert. That's basically pitchforks & torches kinda thing.

Congrats, ramyb. :-)

deltax20a

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deltax20a

It's one thing when most of us who've been around for enough of these see it, facepalm, and wonder why they chose a typical ramy design for an EC, but it's another that Woot blatantly acknowledges the fact the community here is largely divided by this choice, as well as previous choices.

Trolls trolling trolls really. Well played.

dartmoose

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dartmoose

This write-up might have missed this - maybe Ramyb picked 42 because it is the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
citizencoyote wrote:I completely agree. I kinda like the design, but I always enjoy seeing the lesser known artists get exposure through the EC program. I'd have the same reaction if the shirt was from patrickspens or walmazan.

At any rate, congrats to Ramy for the unexpected print. At least it's not a turbunguin. ;)

I agree too, though I will err on the side of geek cred versus the business decision. As discussed in other threads, votes/comments/sales are not really correlated, so I won't say that selecting this meant that it was for the numbers.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 206 Private Messages Spiritgreen

More ECs! And somehow it's still Ramy Friday(trademark pending).

I always thought this was one of your cleverer designs, Mr B. I'm sure it'll be popular.

peachtek

quality posts: 5 Private Messages peachtek
geekygirlygirl wrote:No judgments here. I bought one for the same reason. I plan on asking kids what they think it means when I wear it during the cell biology unit and raffling off a prize among those who figured it out.

You should've bought a third in a smaller size for the winner!!

~~We can't all be princesses. Someone has to wave as I walk by.~~

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
mrwednesday wrote:I'm not sure I've witnessed a more wasted EC than this one.

edit:

My favorite part is that his "arm" is growing directly out of the center of his face. Perspective FTL.....

Yep, screwed up the anatomy and physiology of a cell. Every first grader knows where the arms on a cell go - especially cartoon cells! Hell, he probably screws up horn placement on unicorns, too.

montejuliejordi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages montejuliejordi

For all the haters out there who don't get the 42 i just have one statement. So long and thanks for all the fish.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

I don't necessarily object to the printing of this shirt, but I DO object to the woot!writer including a Wikipedia link in the shirt description. For a random-knowledge junkie, that's like being thrown into the world's most tantalizing maze! I lost four hours of my life, and somehow ended up reading about the Dark Ages of Cambodia. And yes, woot!, I DO blame you. *shakes fist*

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

Alas, poor shirt.woot. I knew it well...

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

raevynpheather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raevynpheather

Ya, gotta love how many complaints there are about a shirt that sold out. Most ECs end up selling about 1000 shirts and are a colossal waste of a day. Woot is not about working hard and eventually getting a shirt sold, it is about making shirts that people want to buy, and no one does that better than Ramyb.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

judg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages judg
grahamcrackercoyote wrote:Maths? Canada or England?

Nobody in Canada says maths.

Last I looked, Austin TX is not in England either. ;o)

Ravnus009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ravnus009
chrisprender wrote:For as much as people are focusing on the number 42, I'm sure we could get Jim Carrey in here to tell us how everything instead points to the number 23.

Well 7 times 4 is 28 divided by 2 is 14 plus 9 is in fact 23.... seems reasonable to me

cjsvolley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjsvolley

I love this shirt, both in its dorky humor and its artistry. I also find it hilarious that this shirt came in 4th on it's derby, missed out on a resub derby, but then is an editor's choice and is one of (if not the only) shirts left from said derbies.

purina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purina

This shirt is so cool. It's green and it's about cells! Biochemistry student here approves.