Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen

So many great (and popular!) designs came out of the 8-bit derby.

Congrats fb5, I'm sure this'll be no exception. :^)

truthbtold1331

quality posts: 1 Private Messages truthbtold1331

I happen to be a waffles guy myself. The way the syrup gets captured in each small, dare I say, square jail cell. mmmmmmmMmmmmmMmmmmmM.

Tc-99m

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

The name is Link. Sausage Link.

pyromosh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pyromosh

I hate to be negative like this. I'm not an artist myself, so I feel like "who am I to criticize?"

But I have to echo the sentiments of those who dislike this design. It's not quality 8-bit nostalgia. Pixel size is inconsistent, the kiss the cook reference is inane, unnecessary, and detracts from the "pixel art" nature of the piece. And the text is just too wordy and self explaining.

Sorry, I love the reference you're making, but I don't care for it. Glad others enjoy it, I guess.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

It'd be better if the pixels were all the same size.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats so much! This is one of my favs! Great great choice!

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

Congrats fishbits! Happy to see this one get an EC.

Nothing follows.

jimkiler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimkiler
sacrerouge wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not ready for the editors choices to be done

Agreed, I was patiently hoping this would be one of the shirts this week. They should definitely keep these editor choice shirts going on a more regular basis.

Lpsmitty21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lpsmitty21
bpeterson82 wrote:Would go well with this:

prepare not to sit down much with this belt buckle lol i have it and well.... it feels like it will puncture a hole in your skin if you sit down just right... by far my favorite belt buckle wear it all the time with my wide range of zelda shirts

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Congrats FB5. You are a hard worker in the t-shirt graphic world and I am always happy for your success!

rsix11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rsix11

had to buy the combination of one of my favorite games and my favorite breakfast.

Ta'veren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ta'veren

Don't listen to pancake-man here. He just wants to steal your Magic Shield.

LadyofRohan2995

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LadyofRohan2995
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Wow!! I'm completely floored and beyond ecstatic! Thanks so much for picking me, woot, and thanks to everyone who has supported my art. Pancakes for everyone!!! Yay, pancakes!!

SO glad this printed! My dad makes pancakes for us every weekend, and this shirt will be a perfect gift!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Awesome, congrats, Fish! I kinda had a feeling this one might show up. Very cool, and also pancakes...yuuuooommm...

SirGecko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko
ZedAvatar wrote:Is this a reference to Secret of Mana Theater?

The first thing I thought when I saw the design was Secret of Mana Theater.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

SirGecko wrote:The first thing I thought when I saw the design was Secret of Mana Theater.

jkmyang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkmyang

really wish there was no text on this one...

papayaportals

quality posts: 1 Private Messages papayaportals
specsmachine wrote:The name is Link. Sausage Link.

This made me laugh way more than it should have.

And awesome shirt, Fishbiscuit!

niglio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages niglio

I was disappointed when this didn't make the 8-bit derby. In for 1!

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx

If only it were waffles :/

wearemany

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wearemany

I would be happy seening a Zelda shirt everyday.

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik
ROGETRAY wrote:

...you, sir, have officially blown my mind. I had no idea this existed. Secret of Mana is my favorite game of all time. Nostalgia trip to the max.

Seriously. Bricks were The Day the Ponies Come Back (2000). Thanks for sharing!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

My shirt arrived and I love it!

You can still grab one in case you missed it! http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=21104

fishbiscuit5

Andy47240 wrote:Congrats FB5. You are a hard worker in the t-shirt graphic world and I am always happy for your success!

Thanks for your kind words, Andy!

timfou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timfou

I loved the legend of zelda and i *love* this shirt. Just bought one. It doesn't at all deserve to be in the "worst sellers" slot!

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
timfou wrote:I loved the legend of zelda and i *love* this shirt. Just bought one. It doesn't at all deserve to be in the "worst sellers" slot!

The way woot bases the reckoning, Sunday shirts will look worse in ranks for most of the week. If you look at my calculations in the reckoning thread, this is currently selling better than it looks, though probably not enough to make it past this week.

fishbiscuit5

timfou wrote:I loved the legend of zelda and i *love* this shirt. Just bought one. It doesn't at all deserve to be in the "worst sellers" slot!

Thanks for buying my shirt and for liking it so much!! Narfcake is correct, the stats for a Sunday shirt will look worse. That's ok. I'm just happy to have been selected to print.

bugzmama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bugzmama

Gettin' one for Christmas, yaaaayyyy! Love "Kiss the Cook", adorable... thank you!

jcflman

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jcflman

Just got LoP and it's officially one of my fav shirts now. :-)

fishbiscuit5

jcflman wrote:Just got LoP and it's officially one of my fav shirts now. :-)

That's awesome! You totally made my day.

quasisketch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quasisketch

Ugh can't believe I missed this. I really want this shirt, is it too late to buy one?

The "I want one" button is gone..

smallville824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallville824

Staff

quasisketch wrote:Ugh can't believe I missed this. I really want this shirt, is it too late to buy one?

The "I want one" button is gone..

Try teetrade.org, wootswap.com, or the random shirt trade center in the Shirt.Woot forum. You might get lucky and find it there.