Can this PLEASE print?! :D

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: right as rain

I would buy this. I hope it wins!

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz
Re: Prehipstoric

This would be a perfect next-day-follow-up tshirt to my Villainous Victorian Velociraptor :D
http://shirt.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=10962

dmaz

Re: Too Hip for the Circus

Best shirt in the derby, imo. Captures the theme perfectly

dmaz

Re: Camels Are Cool

Would definitely wear this +1!

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
Re: HipCat - Tribute2Banksy

OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG This has GOT to be the best shirt I have EVER seen on this site!!!!!!

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
cherylfrancis wrote:OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG This has GOT to be the best shirt I have EVER seen on this site!!!!!!

Not sure where the "Ponies" came from?!! hahaha...I cannot tell you how much I love this.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Prehipstoric

This did make me chuckle heartily and I do like the hat and vespa. I don't often like your shirts but a vote for you! ;)

*or maybe I'm just a sucker for dinosaurs

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

drewpac18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewpac18
Re: big hipster

I take slight issue with the pants, but it doesn't matter; this is a great design.

Oxyminoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oxyminoan
ramyb wrote:Don't even bother asking what he's listening to :P

Gotta hand it to you, you're the king of recycling.

Can't fault you for doing what works. The drooling masses eat up that turtle design, no matter how many times they see it.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Hungry, Hungry Hipsters

Nice! I really like the way you stylized them. +1 for my like-minded Hungry Hungry Hipster creator.

BootsBoots

Great colors and patterns. It makes for a really interesting design.

sleekhare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleekhare
Re: Hydrant Hipster

The hydrant makes this for me.

sleekhare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleekhare
cherylfrancis wrote:Not sure where the "Ponies" came from?!! hahaha...I cannot tell you how much I love this.

Automatic reverse censorship written into the site programming.

reganrabbit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
BootsBoots wrote:Nice! I really like the way you stylized them. +1 for my like-minded Hungry Hungry Hipster creator.

Thanks! Did you also go through the hilarious thought process of how to get a hippo into skinny jeans?

prettykeen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prettykeen

This is my dog! Schnauzer?

rpdonahu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rpdonahu

This is amazing.

BootsBoots

Re: REBEL

Very charming.

jrhunter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrhunter

Aww... I love this one. If people weren't too busy scouting out the one's from known artists or looking for the ones that already have a lot of votes, then it would be doing so much better.
Well, you have my vote.

rachelwhee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachelwhee
yellowflower wrote:I like this, but I wish the gray of the shirt and the gray of the elephant were different shades... all I see is red at first.

Would it benefit me or is it acceptable to resubmit this with that change? Or should i just give up on it? xD

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

This is absolutely stunning. As an NYU Tisch alum, Washington Square in the background completely sells me on this one (it's all but a mecca for the 'spoiled hipster' types.)

PixelPotato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PixelPotato
Re: Too Hip for the Circus

One of my favorites in the derby. I think the expression says it all.

PixelPotato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PixelPotato

GMV. The colors are awesome- I'd definitely wear this.

silverdragontyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverdragontyr
Can't fault you for doing what works. The drooling masses eat up that turtle design, no matter how many times they see it.

It's not even the turtle that is the problem. A lot said they were done with woot if his bag design won. Now I'm not quite that cynical, but if someone told me 5 of the designs in the current fog were all the same artist, I would believe them. I used to like shirt.woot because of all the different designs, but if this keeps up where the same artists keep getting in the fog the first day and staying there, I really may be done with shirt.woot. Guess we'll see how it goes.

adrianropp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adrianropp
Re: Shaggy

I'm not cool enough to own this dog.

coffeegrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeegrace
Re: Those Ants Are So Mainstream (resub)

Here's a link to a bigger version! http://www.flickr.com/photos/63070260@N08/6155047832/

Oxyminoan

silverdragontyr wrote:It's not even the turtle that is the problem. A lot said they were done with woot if his bag design won. Now I'm not quite that cynical, but if someone told me 5 of the designs in the current fog were all the same artist, I would believe them. I used to like shirt.woot because of all the different designs, but if this keeps up where the same artists keep getting in the fog the first day and staying there, I really may be done with shirt.woot. Guess we'll see how it goes.

Same. I find myself coming to this site less and less. I've purchased 28 shirts from woot since late 2009. 2 of those 28 were purchased in 2011...and neither were derby entries.

It's such a shame. I love the ideals behind this site, but it's become a victim of its own success.

Oxyminoan

Re: Listening to Who?

Great design. Completely wearable. Hope this prints.

flynch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flynch
Re: Hamster, Sir

It's not easy being cool, condemned to the wheel and all, but, this hipster earns his (or her) keep by generating steam power so all that energy going around in circles, doesn't go to waste...

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
Re: Merino

Just stopping by to vote and say I always look forward to your stuff. I don't even want to think about how much time went into the scarf alone.

I still want your four horsemen shirt...

adrianropp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adrianropp
ApeLad wrote:One more entry in my "most ridiculous things I've ever drawn" file.

Someday I hope to understand how your brain works.

dooomcat

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dooomcat

Hey Ramy,

I usually like the way you render stuff and your color choices are generally great but I often get disappointed by the line work... look at his feet for instance. It's an easy fix and I'd probably vote for this if you re-subbed it but as is it's really jarring (and the tiny nub thumb holding the cup doesn't work great either.)

Plus if you take out the sunglasses and just leave the frames that will silence the issue of hipster enough or not.

I draw a lot of mock carebears so this definitely speaks to me, I just wish you'd pushed the apathy a bit more.

dooomcat

Is anyone else having problems uploading designs???
I had this already to go at the start of the derby yesterday and I kept getting a page is busy error. I think I tried 20 times to upload this since then and got the same response every time until I just did it again but didn't submit the print ready file (which is well under 4 mb) and it finally went through.
I've never had this problem before and now I've lost over a day of potential votes

dooomcat

Love it, but I think it would be stronger without the bg, I find it distracting (that and the see through pants) but really nice!

crankylefty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crankylefty
prettykeen wrote:This is my dog! Schnauzer?

Yup, that's a Schnauzer! The facial hair is perfect for this!

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
dooomcat wrote:Is anyone else having problems uploading designs???
I had this already to go at the start of the derby yesterday and I kept getting a page is busy error. I think I tried 20 times to upload this since then and got the same response every time until I just did it again but didn't submit the print ready file (which is well under 4 mb) and it finally went through.
I've never had this problem before and now I've lost over a day of potential votes

This has been going on since the last derby unfortunately. I had to e-mail mine in. I can't imagine it's much fun for whoever gets to organize them.

Maybe they should put a sticky on the submit page that tells people to mail em.

dooomcat

lol...love the art! Can't stand pink and green together! Lucky, your animals are always so full of life, nice job! (except the colors, burns my eyes them does.)

dooomcat

Sooooo creepy, in a good way of course.

aksthomp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aksthomp

I thought this guy would make a great hipster... he can carry on all kinds of hip-ness, completely aloof and solo...

abacuz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages abacuz
Re: Hamster, Sir

Oh yea !!! Love it !