bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: right as rain

This is an extremely appealing design. It has a real mod flair to it, which is kind of cool, cause a lot of hipsters love the mod. Great work! +1!!

werdwerdus

quality posts: 15 Private Messages werdwerdus

I'll vote for this if re-subbed with glasses lens instead of sunglasses

PerpetualKid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PerpetualKid
Re: Indie Turtle

Normally I just shrug these derbies off, but I'm officially irked. There are some really good and CLEVER designs in this one that I would love to wear...the thought that they may not print because of a bespectacled turtle with an MP3 player is bothersome.

melloncollie3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melloncollie3

It's.... it's a turtle. With glasses. Have I missed something? Surely there's more to this design than simply that?

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Actually I'm More Of A Mollusk

No complaints this time. You should be good! Again, great job and great character.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Damn Fine Coffee!

All those platypi look alike (platypusses? platypus?), especially drinking coffee.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: So Meta

I had an existential crisis the first time I looked at this. The recursive nature made me think, "Wait, I'm the cat?" ... and then my brain caught up. :p

GMV.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Right to Remain Awesome

The graphic elements over sketchy lines - lovely combination!

It's always cool to see how different artists mesh together.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: The Royal Tenenbonobos

Died Tragically Rescuing His Family From The Wreckage Of A Destroyed Sinking Battleship

Cantatus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Cantatus
werdwerdus wrote:I'll vote for this if re-subbed with glasses lens instead of sunglasses

Definitely needs something to make it more hipster and less (as others have pointed out) "blind, down on his luck Carebear looking for spare change."

gamingguru05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gamingguru05
Re: No Thanks...

This deserves more votes.

crankylefty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crankylefty
Re: Merino

Nice work. I like this.

joeyliz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeyliz

[quote postid="4638378" user="lilygrapetree"]I think anyone new here should really try to educate themselves on the history as they may be quite surprised by what they learn. I was, and it makes me reconsider my vote.

It's a bit hard for "newbies" to "educate themselves" unless they ask the question first...

Thanks for the link ppl, interesting read, i think everyone's work is always going to look like someone else's in some form or another, but obviously direct copying is immoral and unjust.

Still like the 2 designs.

crankylefty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crankylefty
Re: Hipster Pom

This graphic is tight! Nice, nice.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano

omarfeliciano

Re: Trying to Stand Out

Very cute drawing!

omarfeliciano

Re: The Apple Core

This is so cool.

omarfeliciano

Re: off deck dubstep

I Like this, the only thing throwing it off for me is the light coming from above.

omarfeliciano

Long live the Long necks. Lol

logicalcupcake

quality posts: 5 Private Messages logicalcupcake
Re: Hungry, Hungry Hipsters

Love the colors and the quirkiness of the design! Straight to the top, I hope.

omarfeliciano

reganrabbit wrote:gah, you beat me to it! May still do mine since I'd started. Great idea!

Submit it, I want to see your take on the same concept.

thedcontinuum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedcontinuum
Cantatus wrote:Definitely needs something to make it more hipster and less (as others have pointed out) "blind, down on his luck Carebear looking for spare change."

Has there really ever been a resubbed shirt that got made? The vote counts reset for a resub and people who don't realize it got rejected may not vote for it again. The shirt's great and is already in the fog; trying to change the shirt now is just a guarantee to have it out-voted. Changing things for a few picky t-shirt designers (who are all starting to sound more and more like never-satisfied hipsters) to get a few extra votes is just ridiculous.

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower
Re: Hipsterphant resub

Ahhh, this looks much better to me. +1

wubupon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wubupon
ochopika wrote:Thanks so much, everyone

HAHAHA! I will buy, but only if Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....... oh sorry, the night time shirt is making me sleepy...Zzzzzzz

Pheline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pheline
Re: Hipster Husky

er, it's a dog, but not a husky. The ear set is wrong, the flews are wrong, the muzzle isn't right. I'm sad because I love my Northern Breeds and would love a Sibe shirt for my son.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel

Wow. Just wow. Nicely done, wearable design, great patterns and colors. GMV.

8foot2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8foot2
Re: hipsterpotamus!

why isn't this in the fog? go hippo bikesters.

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
thedcontinuum wrote: Has there really ever been a resubbed shirt that got made?

Yes, there has. In Derby #35, Spring Pockets of Springwas submitted three times and did print. There may be others as well, don't remember.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: Couldn't Care Less Bear

Well, I've never laughed out loud at a ramy shirt before. Too bad this isn't as funny without the title, or I might even vote for it.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: Ironic Bunny

If this is going for the "You guys are so OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES!" look, as his lack of mouth suggests it is, his eyes are completely wrong. The turtle bag is a good feature, though...

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

tonythai1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonythai1981
omarfeliciano wrote:Very cute

Thanks! Your design got my vote, I like your choice of color and placement.

rasabi

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rasabi

Thanks for all the comments guys! I was a little unsure about the style going into it, but was pleased with the results.

Also: thank you to the bootsboots for making her shirt template available. It is the best.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Re: Raccoon Hipster I Make My Own Hat

Zorua -> Zoroark

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Damn Fine Coffee!

yeah, with the hat he leans a bit "Perry" though.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

cjrsvm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjrsvm
Re: Hipster whiskers

this is my first time uploading, i have no idea why my shirt template image is so blurry!

joelongbow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelongbow
yellowflower wrote:Ahhh, this looks much better to me. +1

Nice +1

gkciodine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gkciodine
lpcampbe wrote:Pleased with how this turned out. Good work, partner.

Burrrrrrr its cool.....
how do i vote?

Gail K Campbell

wcsae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wcsae
Re: Trying to Stand Out

Very well done, it really pops against that background.

ratmuffin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ratmuffin

I know girls who have nicknamed me CB (care-bear) who will love me for wearing this tee.

I think there is just enough "hipster" to cancel out the "carebear" to make it OK to wear in public!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
thedcontinuum wrote:Has there really ever been a resubbed shirt that got made? The vote counts reset for a resub and people who don't realize it got rejected may not vote for it again. The shirt's great and is already in the fog; trying to change the shirt now is just a guarantee to have it out-voted. Changing things for a few picky t-shirt designers (who are all starting to sound more and more like never-satisfied hipsters) to get a few extra votes is just ridiculous.

There have been several resubbed shirts that have made the climb back to being printed and Ramyb has done it once or twice himself. He resubbed the Popcorn Chicken shirt from the visual Pun derby and that one managed to get 3rd place but it was close. I think 4 votes separated it from 4th place.

So it's something every artists has to weight carefully. Sometimes it's worth the risk and sometimes it's better to leave a small issue alone. There will always be something that could be corrected in every design. Even ones that seem technically perfect can have other flaws that are just as hard to overlook, the one I hate personally is being stiff and lifeless. I'd rather a flawed piece with movement and life then a stiff dead looking image that's mostly without flaws... Though that's just what I like personally.

Cough, long story short, yes resubs can make it to print, but it's generally a long shot and usually it's better not to resubmit when you're in the fog.