tsherm73


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsherm73
Re: Scoff. Cooler than you.



socially awk penguin? yeah ok real original.

ochopika


quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

walmazan wrote:This is so good Audrey! I hope it print!



Yay! Thank you Also, you are the first person ever to use my real name in the woot forums! I would send you a prize if I had one...I have some peanuts and beer here...hmmm.

danhoch


quality posts: 0 Private Messages danhoch
Re: HipCat - Tribute2Banksy



Well my good man I believe you may have done it this time! We, Pat and I both love this one!
This is a great tribute to one of the best!

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: See No Hipster, Hear No Hipster, Speak No Hipster



The absolute best part is the lack of obvious hand positions.
And the poo. Definitely the poo.

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Disadvintaged



That's a clever twist on the vinyl/bicycle hipster! Very nicely drawn too. Cool shirt.

:^)

burtonrider404


quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404
Re: Stripes Are Sooooo OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG PONIES!



this shirt should be rejected. copyright kevin crimi

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Dead Battery



Ha! Great drawing, coffeybean! The distressing is really effective too. ^__^

helgram


quality posts: 1 Private Messages helgram

Thank-you colinvh, endangeredomega, j5, DJTweekNYC, missmelis, rasabi, megan1978, crankylefty, azumidoom!

I am happy that you like the design :D.

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
yeoldegnurd wrote:Looks too much like Joe Camel for my taste.



Apparently you didn't look at the actual Joe Camel parody sub before commenting here.
I'm meh on this theme at best. But this illo hits on all cylinders.

bluetuba


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Lemming Flavored



I can't believe this has less than 30 votes

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: So Meta



I can't promise I would buy this. It's disturbing, in a way. But the sheer artistry gets my vote.

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Cool Blooded



Yay, reptiles with hair! GMV.

PixelPotato


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PixelPotato
Re: Disadvintaged



Haha I like this idea

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
chumpmagic wrote:lots of stuff



I'm not sure if my argument wasn't clear the first time because I think we are having two different conversations. I'll try to explain again what I was saying in the first place, because I'm not trying to fight with you here and understand your point.



This here is three photos taken directly from the comments of the shirt on three different monitors (borrowed a laptop from a friend to do this)- all were taken in the exact same lighting, same camera, no flash, no color modifications. All three of these are supposed to represent pantone colors. They are slightly blurry but it is extremely clear that each is very very different in color. Now tell me- which one is the accurate one? Which one represents how this shirt will print? Because if one of these two is the "correct" one, then one of these three people will see the shirt as it will print, and two others will see a "misleading" representation. Whether you choose pantone colors or not, monitor settings and calibration and screen type, as well as the backlighting, room lighting, etc. will all have an enormous impact on the way that a design is perceived. Therefore, pantone colors or not, the design will appear a little bit different from how it will print. It is not a matter of laziness- a conversion to pantone colors takes about four seconds to do in photoshop. I choose the colors I think look best for a design, and woot usually doesn't let me down when it comes to replicating what I was hoping to achieve. I have no problems using pantone colors in my submissions if woot makes a rule about it, but I don't see a reason to do so when the result is colors that look even less like what the finished product will be on my screen. I used to do the pantone conversions myself, but have found that woot does a better job than i do of adjusting for colors, and sometimes makes modifications that I would never have thought of that lead to great results that come as close to my original vision as possible.

mailmanmo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
tsherm73 wrote:buy it in a second....



Yeah ok real original.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=55935

(Note tsherm, I'm not dissing this design, +1 from me in fact, I'm just saying you're an a.ss)

citrusbug


quality posts: 0 Private Messages citrusbug

I apologize, I'm not intentionally picking on you, Ramy.

Photoshop has a feature that picks the pantone color, it doesn't matter how it displays on your screen; I took your image, took it to photoshop, checked and it is not pantone.

Doubleclick the color, it takes you to the pantone libraries, select pantone solid coated, done. There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be submitting your designs NOT in pantone. There should be no reason why ANYONE (unless they're using MS paint) should not be submitting their designs in pantone so people can see the real design.
There should be a rule for pantone only colors imo if it's so common in derbies.

The other side of this argument is that no one should care what the image will look like on the shirt, and people are just voting on the idea since it's so vastly different on monitors, and that artists are only hurting themselves by attempting to make a more accurate representation, since pantone doesn't look as good on the screen and is harder to design for.

Either way, good luck in the derby and nothing bad was meant by these posts, just an observation.

wubupon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wubupon
MadamAtom wrote:Ack! This is both cute and pretty, but the backwards notes are making me twitch. Which, given the nature of this particular derby, may be intentional, but ... ack!



judging by the fact that one of them is actually correct, it seems that they are intentionally backwards... like a jumble. I understand your ACK though as I have a degree in composition lol.

walmazan


quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Merino



Awesome style and looks amazing on the tee!

+!

chumpmagic


quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Cool Blooded



Thanks. Glad you guys and gals like my little critters.


papayaportals


quality posts: 1 Private Messages papayaportals
Re: Scoff. Cooler than you.



I was hoping to see something like this... Like the frozen penguin's shirt.

chumpmagic


quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
ramyb wrote:excuse



Obviously we don't see eye to eye, so lets just keep this simple...

You have admitted that you don't use Pantone Solid Coated colors. I am requesting that you used Pantone Solid Coated Swatches since those are the colors used for printing. Do it or don't do it...

Lets just leave it at that.


taylertot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages taylertot
Re: So Meta



I feel like I don't own enough shirts featuring a shark wearing a shirt...

Dejoule


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dejoule
Re: Hipsterness



I like it. My nieces would love it, I'll probably buy a few if it prints for them.

ginmartinistirred


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ginmartinistirred
Re: Couldn't Care Less Bear



Am I the only one who thinks it looks as if he has a hangover?

gamingguru05


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gamingguru05
Re: Disadvintaged



very clever

gamingguru05


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gamingguru05
Re: The Sheepster



I liked this a lot when I saw it in the pre-thread. I hope more people notice it. It's quite clever.

endangeredomega


quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Dead Battery




Really like the detail of his chequered Vans (or as my mum calls them, "NASCAR-shoes")

strumt04


quality posts: 0 Private Messages strumt04

DJTweekNYC


quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJTweekNYC
helgram wrote:Thank-you colinvh, endangeredomega, j5, DJTweekNYC, missmelis, rasabi, megan1978, crankylefty, azumidoom!

I am happy that you like the design :D.



No problem. I keep coming back and discovering something new about this design. It's a shame it's not in the fog really. Though IMO I think it would look cooler printed MUCH larger on a shirt. Like past the Woot printing area. If you don't get an EC or double take print with this design I would suggest shopping it to a site that does oversized prints, like threadless or Designed by Humans. Or you could also print it and sell it yourself. Good luck!

hikerjohnd


quality posts: 1 Private Messages hikerjohnd
JadenKale wrote:You've only been here since the beginning of this August. When you're here a bit longer, you'll see what all the controversy is about. Give it time. You'll ultimately form your own opinion, but endangeredomega is entitled to voice their opinion as well. That's why it's open thread for each tee.



But the hate and discontent aimed at Ramyb seems disproportionate to that aimed at other artists. Ramyb is a talented artists who gives the public what they want - the volume of ramys art that gets printed is evidence of that!

asininity


quality posts: 0 Private Messages asininity
thedcontinuum wrote:Has there really ever been a resubbed shirt that got made?



Correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm somewhat of a newbie around here, but wasn't tjost's The Binge (one of the bestsellers here) a resub?

sharonkola


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharonkola
Re: Lemming Flavored



Absolutely HIP! lOVE THIS!!!

PixelPants


quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Hipster Season



Really like your menagerie of characters. The drawing style and neutral colour scheme suit it well. The arbitrary background shape and fine texture don't add anything to the design for me, unless I'm missing a reference to something.

PixelPants


quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Those wild and crazy hipsters



So much to look at lucky. You really have packed in a lot of colour, texture and a clever collection of characters. Sorry for the alliteration, it suited the image.

tenieldjo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo
Re: See No Hipster, Hear No Hipster, Speak No Hipster



This is one of the only entries that's not just an animal dressed like a hipster. Congrats on being the cleverest GMV!

chumpmagic


quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Actually I'm More Of A Mollusk



Is this art you? It has the same moon a clouds.


Jthmeow


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jthmeow

Does anyone else feel like this might be treading on copyright infringement territory?

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: right as rain



This is just in-general-lovely

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
8foot2 wrote:why isn't this in the fog? go hippo bikesters.



because it aims for an actually-amusing concept which understands hipsters slightly more than "lol they wear glasses," while also being creative enough that a hipster could laugh at themselves enough to wear it.

In pushing for a creative idea, roger has cut off his chances of getting printed. I'd rather mourn that than see him do what others do weekly for the sake of a win.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Midnight Concert



I know why this isn't doing better, but as cynical and realistic and informed as I may be about the factors that are keeping it down, deep down I'll never fully understand why MJ's work doesn't at least fog more often.