bennydougs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bennydougs
Re: So Meta

hilarious. good stuff.

bennydougs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bennydougs
Re: Those wild and crazy hipsters

not sure how this doesnt have more votes, awesome work.

elviswind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elviswind
Oxyminoan wrote:Same. I find myself coming to this site less and less. I've purchased 28 shirts from woot since late 2009. 2 of those 28 were purchased in 2011...and neither were derby entries.

It's such a shame. I love the ideals behind this site, but it's become a victim of its own success.

Agreed . . . my shirt.woot buying has slowed considerable. There just isn't enough variety anymore. How many Facebook joke shirts have been printed in the last few months?

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
missmelis wrote:Oh wow, I adore this. I love the colors. I love the animals' tone-on-tone plaids going in different directions. I love the fact that it doesn't scream "hipster" until you look at the details (the dinosaur's mustache, the giraffe's extra scarf). And I LOVE that there's a llama* on it! Nice change from all the sheep shirts (even though I like some of those too).

* I guess it might be an alpaca? It'd be hard to tell them apart in this graphic style.

I actually considered both when I was making it if you can believe it... I intended it to be a llama though, because it seemed like they had longer necks. When I was looking at comparison photos it didn't look like there would be much to distinguish them in this case.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
julejules wrote:Instead of asking artists to use pantones, maybe you could contact woot directly. If they made it a rule then there wouldn't be an issue. Everyone would be using them and no one would be singled out.

Requiring a rule like that would be prohibitively expensive for many artists, since the free program options like Gimp and Inkscape don't have a pantone swatch system built into them like the Adobe products do, as well as pantone color books not exactly being free. There's nothing wrong with the system the way it is, really.

jlegos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlegos

Thanks for the nice comments! :D

tattooedbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tattooedbear
Re: Ironic Bunny

I love you! But not in that stalker kind of way.
Or is it?.......
lol

fuzzycorgi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuzzycorgi
Re: Stay COOL with Coke or Pepsi

Maybe it's just me, but the CC on the polar bears shirt appears to be text.

komal31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages komal31
fuzzycorgi wrote:Maybe it's just me, but the CC on the polar bears shirt appears to be text.

oh yeah, I forgot about that.

jnrice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnrice
Sheneron wrote:I won't go away until I make contact with Conrads again and/or win a derby. Now give me your vote otherwise doors thataway ---->

...I can never remember if it's "di€k head" or "di€k-head"

igo2cairo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages igo2cairo

so cute and clever, this will be another print for you amigo!

jrosa1251

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrosa1251
Re: OSTRICHIE TENENBAUM - RESUB

I wish someone more talented came up with this idea..

type40geekwithsam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages type40geekwithsam
dmaz wrote:Would definitely wear this +1!

Totally captured Smith's dogmatic hipster charm...he makes the camel look good :D
Great work!

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Stay COOL with Coke or Pepsi

Funny, weird and cool. I like the fact that the chairs are just the shirt color, and you did a great job drawing them seated- it's hard to draw things sitting down and actually make it look like they're firmly seated in the chair.

GMV (even though it is a tiny bit of text)

xTuffxMuffinx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xTuffxMuffinx
Re: Gila Hipster

theremin for the win

love the clothes and his shades.

+1

berona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berona

If you dont have anything nice to say......

quakerninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quakerninja
Re: Hipsterness

I think this is one of your best designs yet Jaden. You really bought your A game, and I think it would be a shame if this shirt didn't get printed. Best of luck to you, and the lovely Hipster Ness. I would wear it till to shreds then beg for reprints.

themosapien

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themosapien

I need to spend my money to acquire this shirt.
Apparently I can't vote until I buy a shirt, yet this is the only shirt in the world that I want.
Someone needs to help me get this shirt.

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
Oxyminoan wrote:Same. I find myself coming to this site less and less. I've purchased 28 shirts from woot since late 2009. 2 of those 28 were purchased in 2011...and neither were derby entries.

It's such a shame. I love the ideals behind this site, but it's become a victim of its own success.

See sig.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

cleverconveyence

melloncollie3 wrote:It's.... it's a turtle. With glasses. Have I missed something? Surely there's more to this design than simply that?

A turtle with glasses AND AN iPOD! DON'T YOU COMPREHEND THE GENIUS?

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)

cleverconveyence

elviswind wrote:I don't think "Couldn't Care Less" is very hipster . . . a hipster would be more "Completely Obsessed About Something That I Couldn't Care Less About" like riding fixed gear bicycles or some band no one's ever heard because they've only played at that bar that no one's ever been to.

This is more like an average apathetic teenager.

So basically this is a Care Bear version of his target demographic. Gotcha.

spazzysoph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazzysoph
Re: Couldn't Care Less Bear

Reminds me of that episode of Adventure Time when those party bears were in the Monsters tummy

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
reganrabbit wrote:soul crushingly good! Got the seasonal feel, the eclectic thing, it's cute... *a single tear slides down my cheek* Bravo... gmv

Oh my... I hope your soul is okay! Thanks

jalt99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jalt99
Re: Hipsterness

Lol awesome character ! I'd buy it!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
quakerninja wrote:I think this is one of your best designs yet Jaden. You really bought your A game, and I think it would be a shame if this shirt didn't get printed. Best of luck to you, and the lovely Hipster Ness. I would wear it till to shreds then beg for reprints.

jalt99 wrote:Lol awesome character ! I'd buy it!

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate the support.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: Im baaaaack

Today's woot is just for you! A five-pack of solid-colored shirts, just $7.99 plus shipping. Go buy them.

http://www.woot.com/

isaaccates

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isaaccates
Re: Hipsterfly Gal

I'd vote for it if the butterfly had six legs.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Apple Core

marzipan', prt19657, squarerootofpi and bennydougs - thanks! ^____^

Say what you like about hipsters, the mix of vintage, mid-century and modern gives you some cool stuff. I really enjoyed drawing this, thanks for all the encouraging comments and support!

squarerootofpi

quality posts: 8 Private Messages squarerootofpi
lilygrapetree wrote:http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4045275&PageIndex=3&ReplyCount=247

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Definitely holding back any votes I have in the future for this artist.

juanoc74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanoc74
Re: big hipster

Thank you every body for your comments and votes.
This help me to try harder for the next derby.

Thanks again

belhambone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages belhambone
Re: Neighborhood thrift store

This is really an awesome design. I will never be angry at a raccoon messing up my trash again!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: No Thanks...

The marble eater reminds me of Rowley from Diary of a Wimpy Kid. :D

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

tenieldjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo
Re: The Chase

I like it, very reminiscent of Pink Panther!

tico0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tico0001
dmaz wrote:This shirt is actually creative and funny...unlike almost every shirt in the fog every week...why can't more stuff like this print??

I wish this could print too... let us know if you are putting up somewhere else!

~Tico

zapatista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zapatista

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Rhonwyn22

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Rhonwyn22

Reminds me of the Che wearing a Che tee shirt my son has from the Onion.

thepetridish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thepetridish
ElanorRigby wrote:I agree that the bear looks more blind than uncaring...besides, sunglasses serve a useful purpose. Hipsters seem to wear glasses they don't actually need. The idea and general execution, however, are hilarious.

Any chance we could get a derby focused on the blind. That would be a great angle for a number reasons.

sleekhare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleekhare
Re: off deck dubstep

A little trivia for you:

Deck: "cool" in hipster slang
Fin: "un-cool" in hipster slang
Dubstep: type of techno dance music that is currently popular with hipsters. Fun to work out to, imo, but sounds like video games on crack.

But since I know about it now, it's probably no longer en vogue.

redheadchels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redheadchels
Re: Hipster Nation: DIY or DIE!

love it! great idea!
for a pony fan you're pretty good!

redheadchels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redheadchels
Re: Hipster Nation: DIY or DIE!

for a pony fan?

sorry that makes no sense....i love it, let's leave it at that =)