blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
melfox86 wrote:This shirt's a hard sell- you have to like all of the references.
For instance, I love fairy tales, casually enjoy Dr Who, adore portal, but hate stoner flicks.
The one reference loses a sell.

Wait, no stoner refs but Alice is fine? Now I'm a bit confused. Hey! maybe that mushroom would help me understand.

kissman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kissman
melfox86 wrote:This shirt's a hard sell- you have to like all of the references.
For instance, I love fairy tales, casually enjoy Dr Who, adore portal, but hate stoner flicks.

I agree to some extent -- except it's Bill & Ted who make the shirt for me while the video game girl probably kills it.

theherbshack

quality posts: 7 Private Messages theherbshack

the middle girl on the right looks like she's shoving her fist in her mouth

forareason

quality posts: 3 Private Messages forareason

This is the strangest sonogram I've ever seen.

shyedam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shyedam
Ubie wrote:...which is a reference to Through the Looking Glass. The original short story was called 'Mimsy Were the Borogroves', which is a line from 'The Jabberwocky'.

I just wanted to say thanks for the REAL info, glad to now someone out there can read, if not Lewis Carroll then ay least wikipedia. I myself am a movie buff but I hate it when people watch a movie and think it's the only source of knowledge out there. Know where your movies come from people, especially if you are trying to scchool someone else!

P.S. Love the shirt

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Ubie wrote:...which is a reference to Through the Looking Glass. The original short story was called 'Mimsy Were the Borogroves', which is a line from 'The Jabberwocky'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimsy_Were_the_Borogoves

http://www.arthursbookshelf.com/sci-fi/kuttner/mimsy%20were%20the%20borogoves.pdf

...and you can save yourself quite a bit of time by skipping the movie and just reading the story. You won't miss anything, unless you would rather have the happy ending that the movie version has forcibly provided.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Love the style! And the curious assortment of explorers.

Neo would've been a perfect addition. I swear though, two crappy Matrix sequels and suddenly everyone would rather forget the first movie existed. Has a series ever destroyed its own legacy so completely and so fast? ... I may be drifting off topic here. ;)

seekayeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seekayeff
allywebs wrote:if it was just alice and the doctor i would buy this shirt in a heartbeat.... the others........

Yeah Bill & Ted sorta ruin it for me

glave

quality posts: 2 Private Messages glave

Bill and Ted isn't a stoner flick. Drugs or even a slight reference to them never happens at all.

tedzilla99

quality posts: 31 Private Messages tedzilla99
gideonfrost wrote:I wonder why Neo isn't there. Perhaps because Bill and Ted are as well.

Two Keanu Reeves = whoa-verload.

ErinS1121

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ErinS1121
seekayeff wrote:Yeah Bill & Ted sorta ruin it for me

Whereas, Bill & Ted totally MAKE the shirt for me. I'm torn though since I don't play (and don't know) Portal...

raccoonbacon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raccoonbacon
bassanimation wrote:Most men seem ok with large holes.

Am I going to get probated for saying that? :X

I will probably be in more trouble than you with your above reply, but I think guys prefer smaller holes...

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

There is something afoot at the Circle K...

blaineg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages blaineg
ErinS1121 wrote:Whereas, Bill & Ted totally MAKE the shirt for me. I'm torn though since I don't play (and don't know) Portal...

Portal is only $10 on Steam these days, well worth it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/

fromagex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fromagex

This would be an instant purchase because of Bill and Ted alone, but then the Portal thing completely ruins it. Completely unrelated to the rest of the stuff. If you do more Bill and Ted in the future though, you can have my money to make up for me skipping this one.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain
blaineg wrote:Portal is only $10 on Steam these days, well worth it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/

... and it was free last weekend. Search Portal on deals.woot; they put it up for free from time to time. I have 2 free copies myself, from the Portal 2 purchase. :-) On that subject, where's my DLC for Portal 2? (oh, and this Chell is from Portal 1).

Also, Bill and Ted aren't stoners, just goofy Californian teens. No pot references, it was PG.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats Anna, your style is so amazing!

ellenbhawk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellenbhawk

Why does it have to be a black shirt - again?

sgoman5674

quality posts: 41 Private Messages sgoman5674
spilzer wrote:Why do the male characters all look so happy while the female characters are upset/sad? Maybe because the men have infiltrated the fantasy land of the women with their time-travel devices? My inner feminist is raging at the injustice portrayed by this patriarchal shirt design. Down with the time-traveling chauvinist pigs!

Well the reason Bill and Ted (at least I assume that's them) are so happy is that they can see up Alice's skirt. Why Dr. Who is happy is maybe he already saw and knows that he'll get another glance.

Alice is unhappy for reasons stated above and the girl from Portal isn't happy is because she can't place her portals anywhere to stop her fall.

GTTraveller

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GTTraveller
bluetuba wrote:It looks like she ate her hand actually, she's been hanging out with the Hatter too much.

I thought that she was retching.

Love the Mimzy discussion / references.

kajuinu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kajuinu

Oh wow! I love all the pop culture references. :3

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

Dang, got me again and my closets are bursting with T-shirts already but I just could not pass up a Doctor Who reference especially now that the season finale is upon us.

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

jai151

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jai151
Spiritgreen wrote:Love the style! And the curious assortment of explorers.

Neo would've been a perfect addition. I swear though, two crappy Matrix sequels and suddenly everyone would rather forget the first movie existed. Has a series ever destroyed its own legacy so completely and so fast? ... I may be drifting off topic here. ;)

Phantom Menace and the rest of the sequels.

Maybe not as quickly, but definitely as completely.

azmojoman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages azmojoman

I think the rabbit is Frank, in his youth...

or the pooka...

or was Frank a pooka, a very scary pooka?

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

woah...is the write-up a reference to MS Paint Adventures?! :D (Note: language may not be suitable for work)

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

virtualathlete

quality posts: 1 Private Messages virtualathlete

I like the idea but I think it's too cluttered in design.

andycool22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andycool22

the permalink on the shirt.woot page to the shirt.woot for today is broken.

it is pointing to /shirts/shirts/

but should point to
http://shirt.woot.com/shirts/curiousest

Woof! Wage: $927.75 as of 12/2/2010...someone send me to Woof!!aholics Anonymous...

pilarjuliet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pilarjuliet
bluetuba wrote:What was that about a goth sex symbol? Can't have too many of those, silly Woot.

I presume that is a reference to Tim Burton's Alice played by Mia Wasikowska (w/Johnny Depp), yes? That was my take, anyway!

Save the Earth...

it's the only planet with chocolate.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

"After this...I shall think nothing of....falling down stairs..."

alvas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alvas

For the record Bill and Ted were not stoners. They did no drugs in either movie and they are the only reason I'd get this shirt

princesspraline

quality posts: 1 Private Messages princesspraline

Congrats on the print, however I sadly will not get this. I love time travel and my favorite traveler Samuel Beckett is missing. Alas and alack... and woe... such insurmountable woe... *sobs*

RayKremer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RayKremer

Doctor + Bill & Tell for both having time traveling phone booths.

Alice + Chell for both jumping into holes?

Doctor + Alice for both... being British?

All of them together? No common element that I can determine.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I thought Alice was puking! Time sick?

Where did Chell's crazy stiletto spring loaded heels go?!

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Reminds me of this little gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAwR6w2TgxY

caesiumtea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caesiumtea

I took the rabbit to just be a generic rabbit referring to the term "rabbit hole".

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth

Love the design! Congrats on the print!

smartpantz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smartpantz

Mr. Peabody seems to be missing...

Sunshine3296

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Sunshine3296

The girls ruined the shirt.

hyliansnake

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hyliansnake

Why are Bill and Ted riding a blue box that looks more like the Tardis than a phone booth as The Doctor tumbles through the air?

The Doctor and The Tardis, together forever!

kazen117

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kazen117

I'm assuming Cable, the characters of SG-1, and Dorothy are falling down the same tunnel somewhere, yes? Wormholes, rabbit holes, and portals. Oh my.